Venture West Funding, Inc. (VWF) is a full-service mortgage brokerage firm that specializes in arranging, structuring and placing with lenders loans secured by apartment buildings, commercial properties and single family homes for a large base of property owners and real estate investors. VWF was founded over 15 years ago and is one of the largest firms of its kind operating in Southern California.
We are searching for an ideal candidate to fill the position of Jr. Loan Analyst/Loan Sales Associate in our El Segundo office. The position will support VWF’s Principal and be an integral part of his winning team.
The ideal candidate must possess the following attributes:
- Intelligence/Common Sense/Ability to think – B.S/B.A. is mandatory and work experience in the mortgage industry or in a sales environment a plus.
- Active BRE and MLO license (or ability to obtain)
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Strong work ethic. Must show up to work on time everyday and be ready to work
- Ethics. Must possess personal attributes that reflect good moral character
- Whiz at Excel. Maybe not a whiz, but be very, very good at Excel as you will be working with it all day long.
- Experience working in a doer environment and excelling in that type of environment
- Positive attitude and someone who takes great pride in doing an excellent job
- Someone who lives relatively close to the office – we don’t want you to be tired and grumpy by the time you get to work
- Ability to grow within the role and exceed our expectations – doing so will guarantee your career and future in the mortgage industry
The position will mainly entail:
- Inputting property and deal information, such as rent rolls and income and expense detail, and performing financial and property analysis
- Managing daily pipeline data by generating reports summarizing closed loans, number of quotes, and number of deals completed for each client
- Creating, executing, and tracking of various marketing campaigns to determine effectiveness
- Actively work with the Principal to develop marketing campaigns and to generate additional client contacts
- Assembling prequalification loan packages and loan application packages, including completing loan applications and loan set-ups and ordering credit, title and other required reports
- Managing the Principal’s day-to-day active pipeline through constant communication with the Principal and Loan Processor
- Proactively serving as a liaison between the Principal, the Borrower, the Realtor (if applicable), the Lender and VWF's Loan Processor to satisfy all loan approval conditions
If you’re interested in working in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment where excellence and integrity is rewarded, then explore the opportunities at VWF and become part of a winning team. Candidate will work on salary ($33,280 to $36,000) and bonus. We offer health, dental and vision insurance, supplemental insurance (Life, LTD, STD) and participation in VWF's 401(k) plan.