Venture Employee Reviews

nice place to work for
Stockroom Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILApril 4, 2017
I loved working there except for the pay was to little. I loved my manager, but didn't care to much for the store manager. Department managers were very egotistical too
Pros
hours, people
Cons
low pay, paid bi-weekly
A typical day at work
Welder (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 26, 2017
a typic day at work come in and get the job done. What I learn that I get some many parts of of the day n moving fast. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you have people know how to make you laugh all day for the day to go by fast n having fun.
Great Place to see different sites
Flagger/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Great Bend, KS 67530February 13, 2017
It is a 12-16 hour days and outside at all times. Good job to have if you are ready to be out of town all the time throughout the week and home only on weekends unless they work on Saturday to catch up from having bad weather.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
some workers you have to work with.
this company is out of business
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 3, 2017
This company is out of business and has been out of business since 1998 so it is pointless to write at review about this company. This is the first management opportunity that I was given after graduation from college.
Pros
gorwth
Cons
out of business
Small shop
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 15, 2016
This was just a temporary job that did not last long at all. We inspected car bumpers that would then be shipped out to different dealerships. We inspected both front and rear bumpers.
Not the best place to work at.
Mill Worker (Former Employee) –  Great Bend, KSSeptember 14, 2016
This company does not cover travel or lodging when working out of town. Unless you count the 45 dollars per diem that is only given to you after you go out of town and does not cover the cost of a hotel. I also had no time with my family since we worked the weekends. I specifically told them that I am taking the job,because they said we had weekends off.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No lunch, No breaks, and no leadership.
Productive, I have friends there.
Digital Laser Print Operator (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNJune 28, 2016
I have been with the company for almost fifteen years. Made quite a few friends over the years. My pay is descent. I print jobs that are sent to the production floor electronically.
Good place to work.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 26, 2016
I enjoyed working here. The people were nice. I enjoyed the opportunity to make some advancements at this job. I liked working in the retail business.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Nice location to work
Senior Programmer Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 24, 2016
Fast pace work place lots of client employee interactions. Did not feel as through it was inclusive. No advancement. Work with outdated computer system.
Pros
LOTS OF CRITICAL CLIENT WORK
Cons
NOT INCLUSIVE
Productive and Fun
Financial Intern (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMay 31, 2016
Great experience, only temp for summer time before i started school.
Mostly did was filling and originate fill cabinets. Compiled and checked daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers.
Maintained data and manual records Assisted with projects through word processor.
Offered fast, fun and friendly services by responding quickly to the needs questions or issues of employers
Excellent staff/patient relation. Good communication skills
LPN (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 26, 2016
A perfect day;
-get to work on time
-patient/family satisfaction
-good coworker relationship
-accomplishment to the day's job description
-able to manage stressor and satisfy my employer
Fun, Productivity, Team player and just an overall family oriented place to work at
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAApril 9, 2016
A family oriented place. We worked as a team. It was a fun and a great culture to work.

Typical day started from 9-6. Learned a lot from all levels at Venture.

Management team were wonderful, understandable & supportive

Co-workers were all wonderful, we all were team players and supported each other

Hardest part of the job, obviously was the cold calls

Most enjoyable part was opening opportunities, helping customers and seeing satisfied customers and great feedback
Pros
lunches at times with the whole team, fun and laughter
Cons
N/A
Company No Longer Open
Loan Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 2, 2016
This was my first job - The company is no longer around as the bank got sold. It was a great place to work, I started as a Teller and moved into a Loan Support role
Pros
Fun Staff
Cons
No advancement
Fun workplace
Hardlines Manager (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILFebruary 9, 2016
I enjoyed Venture a lot. Unfortunately they went out of business. I miss a fun workplace. Employee parties were always fun. The corporate team were very nice .
Pros
All around fun
Cons
They closed
productive and great place to work
Set-Up-Lead/Injection Molding (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, NHOctober 26, 2015
This was a great place to work. I started out as an exterior automotive, injection mold operator. I had to demold the plastic parts from the machine, trim the gate, burn the flash off the A side ( show side ) of wheel lips, panels, front & back bumpers. Then I had to assemble hardware to the part and pack the part in the cage for the paint line. This process was done through cycle times, rates & efficiency on every injection molding machine. I had great training and learned every job and was able to run all 16 machines. After 4 years I was promoted to Lead/Set-Up. I was classified as an A operator which means little to know scrap was made by me. I had 5 weeks of training and learned how to shut the molds down for a Mold change, and set new molds up, processing material and shooting first pc. The hardest part of my job was the robotics. Learning the xyz operations of the robotic machines; AKA: End of Arms was frightening. You could not make any mistakes or you could crash the robot. The most enjoyable part of my day was over exceeding the daily goal for production. Friendly atmosphere, everyone worked hard as a team, excellent company management, and lots of recognition for a job well done. It was very depressing to see this company close the doors after giving families 70 years of stability.
Pros
Lots of Training, great pay, lots of overtime, company cafeteria
Cons
Need to ring a buzzer to use the bathroom
Good for a contract position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNOctober 7, 2015
I would not want to work as a permanent employee. The people I was helping were working way to many hours and there seemed to be a lot of disgruntled people.
Loved working at Venture . I met a lot of customers and loved it.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILSeptember 30, 2015
Busy days, learned to make sure that all customers left the store happy. Management was great. Hardest part of the job was the days ended to soon. Enjoyed working with the customers and co-workers.
Pros
Keeping the customers happy.
Cons
Short days worked
a place to work
SMT Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 8, 2015
The company is try to be good to it employee.Opportunity to advance is scarce. Though there is no company picnic, every sumer there is a luncheon for the employee.
When I went to work for them I didn't know they were closing
Assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2015
I ran the Softlines Department. I responsible for sales increase in the department and was responsible for the store running well donning the closing.
productive work enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, IlAugust 12, 2014
I was part time hired for holiday help after the holidays they kept me on as cashier. They trained me to be operator on a ten line phone so I could help give breaks. They trained me a little to be door greeter so I could help give breaks. They put me behind the jewelry counter where I learned how to do lay-a-ways. I also worked behind the electronics counter. By putting me in these different spots they were training me to be a customer service desk person. Everyone was friendly, and fun, easy to talk to.
Pros
Cons
after the holidays there was not much opportunity for hours for the part timers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Venture. Our community is ready to answer.