Venture Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent staff/patient relation. Good communication skills
LPN (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 26, 2016
A perfect day;
-get to work on time
-patient/family satisfaction
-good coworker relationship
-accomplishment to the day's job description
-able to manage stressor and satisfy my employer
Fun, Productivity, Team player and just an overall family oriented place to work at
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAApril 9, 2016
A family oriented place. We worked as a team. It was a fun and a great culture to work.

Typical day started from 9-6. Learned a lot from all levels at Venture.

Management team were wonderful, understandable & supportive

Co-workers were all wonderful, we all were team players and supported each other

Hardest part of the job, obviously was the cold calls

Most enjoyable part was opening opportunities, helping customers and seeing satisfied customers and great feedback
Pros
lunches at times with the whole team, fun and laughter
Cons
N/A
Company No Longer Open
Loan Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 2, 2016
This was my first job - The company is no longer around as the bank got sold. It was a great place to work, I started as a Teller and moved into a Loan Support role
Pros
Fun Staff
Cons
No advancement
Fun workplace
Hardlines Manager (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILFebruary 9, 2016
I enjoyed Venture a lot. Unfortunately they went out of business. I miss a fun workplace. Employee parties were always fun. The corporate team were very nice .
Pros
All around fun
Cons
They closed
productive and great place to work
Set-Up-Lead/Injection Molding (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, NHOctober 26, 2015
This was a great place to work. I started out as an exterior automotive, injection mold operator. I had to demold the plastic parts from the machine, trim the gate, burn the flash off the A side ( show side ) of wheel lips, panels, front & back bumpers. Then I had to assemble hardware to the part and pack the part in the cage for the paint line. This process was done through cycle times, rates & efficiency on every injection molding machine. I had great training and learned every job and was able to run all 16 machines. After 4 years I was promoted to Lead/Set-Up. I was classified as an A operator which means little to know scrap was made by me. I had 5 weeks of training and learned how to shut the molds down for a Mold change, and set new molds up, processing material and shooting first pc. The hardest part of my job was the robotics. Learning the xyz operations of the robotic machines; AKA: End of Arms was frightening. You could not make any mistakes or you could crash the robot. The most enjoyable part of my day was over exceeding the daily goal for production. Friendly atmosphere, everyone worked hard as a team, excellent company management, and lots of recognition for a job well done. It was very depressing to see this company close the doors after giving families 70 years of stability.
Pros
Lots of Training, great pay, lots of overtime, company cafeteria
Cons
Need to ring a buzzer to use the bathroom
Good for a contract position
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNOctober 7, 2015
I would not want to work as a permanent employee. The people I was helping were working way to many hours and there seemed to be a lot of disgruntled people.
Loved working at Venture . I met a lot of customers and loved it.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILSeptember 30, 2015
Busy days, learned to make sure that all customers left the store happy. Management was great. Hardest part of the job was the days ended to soon. Enjoyed working with the customers and co-workers.
Pros
Keeping the customers happy.
Cons
Short days worked
a place to work
SMT Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 8, 2015
The company is try to be good to it employee.Opportunity to advance is scarce. Though there is no company picnic, every sumer there is a luncheon for the employee.
When I went to work for them I didn't know they were closing
Assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 18, 2015
I ran the Softlines Department. I responsible for sales increase in the department and was responsible for the store running well donning the closing.
productive work enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, IlAugust 12, 2014
I was part time hired for holiday help after the holidays they kept me on as cashier. They trained me to be operator on a ten line phone so I could help give breaks. They trained me a little to be door greeter so I could help give breaks. They put me behind the jewelry counter where I learned how to do lay-a-ways. I also worked behind the electronics counter. By putting me in these different spots they were training me to be a customer service desk person. Everyone was friendly, and fun, easy to talk to.
Pros
Cons
after the holidays there was not much opportunity for hours for the part timers.
High dynamic enviroment to work
Manufacturing Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Newark CAMay 1, 2014
a place with opportunity to advance your career , great co-work. So much to learn on daily basic, multitasking, many different customer with different field. video, audio server, medical product.
Pros
great place to start your career
Cons
management structure, dirty politic
Nice place to work.
Senior Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, CAMarch 15, 2014
work with a group.
Management need to improve.
My co-worker get along with me very well.
Fun place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILFebruary 13, 2014
Enjoyed greeting customers and made lifelong friends there.
Venture
Dedicate primary responsible Hand Loading (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAFebruary 1, 2014
Nice company, lots of benefit. I don't know about now. But it used to be a good company to work for. it had its hard time that's why i was laid off
I just loved to work with that company
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2014
Making sure the shelves are stocked, customer service, open up the registers in my department, taking orders when needed, a very nice environment to work in, the co-workers were nice and fun to work with it just made me to just to love to come to work.
Fun place to work, with great blend of hobby products and eclectic assortment of customers and staff.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILJanuary 10, 2014
Old-fashioned hobby shop, where everyone worked as a team with the goal of making sure that each customer got what he or she needed, and left happy. We thrived on return business, and formed lasting relationships and friendships with both our customers and fellow employees. If we didn't have something in stock, we were more than happy to order it. Venture always combined technical expertise with the personal touch that made shopping--and working--there fun.
fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILAugust 23, 2013
Cashier, Customer Service, great co-workers. the most enjoyable I got to test all new ice cream and learned how to bake donuts.
Pros
free ice cream
Cons
only part time no benefits
A work from home job
Agent (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 19, 2013
Everyday was different. I enjoyed to people I worked with. The drivers were very pleasant. I liked that I could work from home.
working on production line
Operator (Former Employee) –  Fraser, MIJuly 11, 2013
-find out production for the day
- track hourly production

-learning new areas of the production line
-most enjoyable is meeting and working with different people

-hardest part is playing catch up when the line goes down
Pros
working days
fast paced work envirentnma
part of assisting the loss prevention department (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 23, 2013
enjoyable place to work and interact with the team you are assigned, duties are relatively easy