Venture Employee Reviews

Pleasent
Store Recruiter Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 10, 2018
I enjoyed working for them. I learned a lot about groceries and pricing. A typical day was moving selves around, cleaning and pricing product. Management was very nice.
Pros
Knowledge of stores
Cons
Grave Yard
Venture Graphix Great place to work.
Multimedia Designer / Artist (Current Employee) –  Holden, MAJanuary 23, 2018
It's a great place to work, very creative atmosphere, and very convenient.I enjoy the different forms of graphic design work that come through the door.
Productive, Goal Orientated, Great workplace for students
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 5, 2017
Venture Data Call Research is a company that cold calls individuals in order to conduct a confidential public opinion survey regarding local issues. It was great for students because they encouraged studying in between calls. The daily quotas gave me a goal to try for, which I always tried to either meet or surpass. The workplace culture was very casual and consisted of a diverse sample of people. The hardest part was talking with frustrated customers. Frequently when we were pressed to meet our quota we would call the same sample of people repeatedly, which caused of course them some irritability. Our job was to understand their frustration and get through the survey as quickly and accurately as possible. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I was able to complete my school work at my job. At the time I was completing my English Degree, which meant that I had to read at least 150 pages of reading each night. Working at Venture Data gave me a place where I could complete my assigned readings without any personal distractions aside from doing my job.
A company that makes sure work get out from day to day
LEAD INSERT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 1, 2017
In the beginning the company was a nice and friendly enviorment. As time goes on they took away the lunch breaks. We only had 2 fifteen minute breaks for the whole 8 hours. Meaning you had to take your lunch within one of those 15 minutes.
Pros
Whenever I asked for overtime it was a given
Cons
Working 7 days a week 12 hours a day in january
Productive and fun
1st Class Rigger (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VANovember 17, 2017
Nice environment to work in Pleasant people good surroundings. Productive on time plus they fulfill contracts and everything else is impressive for a acknowledged and skilled worker
Pros
Great job
Cons
Breaks given
Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 13, 2017
Outlines Venture Group is a fast paced venture capital fund which explores the many complexities of early stage corporate investment. I shadowed the CEO in learning due diligence, event management and investment criteria etc. However it was not a paid internship. I enjoyed learning about tech companies as well as the components of selecting scalable and potentially successful businesses. The most difficult aspect was the pace and the hours, because we essentially filled the day with as many events, tasks and meetings as possible.
Pros
business connections, insider knowledge of business
Cons
hours
Fun work place
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Frazier MiOctober 23, 2017
The team was amazing we all worked together to get the best job done and to make sure everything was good before being shipped out of the company to go to where the parts needed to be.
Nice place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 28, 2017
Venture was just like shopko they had a great team of people. They had a great team of managers and supervisors, they were laid back understanding of team members and family time they always worked with you for time off.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Closed down
to much work
Venture Manager & Reconstruction (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCAugust 12, 2017
this guys like all fast and working so hard don't rise and the manager is so bad 1 guy tell something and the another tell things the employes nice person cultures
Pros
all materials to work
Cons
to much pressures in the work for finish
fun place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Crystal City, MOJune 17, 2017
This was the place to learn retail the store had great managers. Unfortunately they went out of business in the late 1990' s. They are still missed today.
Pros
great managers
Cons
went out of business

Want to know more about Venture?

Ask a question
Out of Businees
Electrical Engineer/Compliance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MAMay 31, 2017
I think this close so good luck. Everyone looking at this review will have their own experience at Ultra some will be good and other bad but at the end of the day the individual needs to make that best of it.
nice place to work for
Stockroom Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILApril 4, 2017
I loved working there except for the pay was to little. I loved my manager, but didn't care to much for the store manager. Department managers were very egotistical too
Pros
hours, people
Cons
low pay, paid bi-weekly
A typical day at work
Welder (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 26, 2017
a typic day at work come in and get the job done. What I learn that I get some many parts of of the day n moving fast. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you have people know how to make you laugh all day for the day to go by fast n having fun.
Great Place to see different sites
Flagger/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Great Bend, KS 67530February 13, 2017
It is a 12-16 hour days and outside at all times. Good job to have if you are ready to be out of town all the time throughout the week and home only on weekends unless they work on Saturday to catch up from having bad weather.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
some workers you have to work with.
this company is out of business
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 3, 2017
This company is out of business and has been out of business since 1998 so it is pointless to write at review about this company. This is the first management opportunity that I was given after graduation from college.
Pros
gorwth
Cons
out of business
Small shop
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 15, 2016
This was just a temporary job that did not last long at all. We inspected car bumpers that would then be shipped out to different dealerships. We inspected both front and rear bumpers.
Not the best place to work at.
Mill Worker (Former Employee) –  Great Bend, KSSeptember 14, 2016
This company does not cover travel or lodging when working out of town. Unless you count the 45 dollars per diem that is only given to you after you go out of town and does not cover the cost of a hotel. I also had no time with my family since we worked the weekends. I specifically told them that I am taking the job,because they said we had weekends off.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No lunch, No breaks, and no leadership.
Productive, I have friends there.
Digital Laser Print Operator (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNJune 28, 2016
I have been with the company for almost fifteen years. Made quite a few friends over the years. My pay is descent. I print jobs that are sent to the production floor electronically.
Good place to work.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 26, 2016
I enjoyed working here. The people were nice. I enjoyed the opportunity to make some advancements at this job. I liked working in the retail business.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Nice location to work
Senior Programmer Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 24, 2016
Fast pace work place lots of client employee interactions. Did not feel as through it was inclusive. No advancement. Work with outdated computer system.
Pros
Lots of critical client work
Cons
Not inclusive