Veolia Environmental Services Employee Reviews in United States

Productive place to work
Vendor Maintenance A/P Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 22, 2016
Really liked the job placements that I received.
Setting up new vendors daily was very enjoyable because I met people from all across the United States over the phone and later in person when they came to visit Milwaukee. I've had very nice employees to work with and learn from. The hardest part of this job was leaving people that I'd come to enjoy working with everyday.
Pros
New people
Cons
Mandtory company meetings
enjoyed traveling to different locations for work
Commercial Diver (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LAFebruary 1, 2016
learned a lot of different skills working offshore and enjoy leading by example. Learning to operate a crane and my rigging training was also a plus.
Pros
the people and very challenging
Cons
being away from home for long periods of time
This job was very demanding but could be satisfying at its daily conclusion.
Sanitation Driver (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILNovember 2, 2015
Work was daily but very demanding. Customers watched and scrutinized every action taken by drivers and helpers. Customers believed they could force you to break established rules and protocols while on the route. A large majority of customers were very generous to drivers and helpers at Christmas time. Many customers were very appreciative of the work we did for them. My hiring managers were very good bosses, however the daily atmosphere changed rapidly when they were abruptly replaced with less approachable management.
Pros
Customers were very generous at Christmas time.
Cons
Physically demanding. No incentives for moving up.
Lots of travel and long days
Environmental Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GAOctober 8, 2015
This job requires driving a Midline truck to customer sites and picking up any hazardous waste generated by our various customers. I have learned regulations of the EPA, DOT and OSHA and various waste disposal methods.

Travelling three weeks out of every month can be taxing on your life. Being in a new place every day can take out some of the monotony that comes with an office job.
Pros
Hotel points that can be redeemed for gift cards
Cons
Work in weather, travel
Results driven workplace
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYDecember 1, 2015
Good company to work for with opportunity to move up. Big company and big business. Not the family close to home atmosphere. Great people to work with locally but upper management is not loyal and cares more about the business then their people. Unfortunate.
Not a good place to work. It is a job not a career.
Technician (Current Employee) –  New Lenox, ILAugust 19, 2015
The overall work is not bad, time goes by fast when you are working. Management is tairible and vary unorganized, and plays favoritism. I am scheduled to work 7 days a week but have no scedule at all. I wait for a text message each night to let me know if I am working the next day or not. Some times I don't hear anything. Some weeks I will work 80+ hours well other weeks I might get 8 hours. I do not learn anything or any room for advancement. I have worked here for 8 months and still waiting on my 90 day review. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get to do my job and get to work. My co-workers are all good guys that are just stuck in a dead end job.
Pros
Cons
Unpaid lunch and No Schedule
Always an adventure
janitorial (Former Employee) –  Mapleton, ILJanuary 20, 2016
Never knew what was going to happen next. I enjoyed working for the management. I was disappointed when they lost their contract.
Nice play with casual atmosphere
Security Analyst/System Administration (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 6, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management and a casual atmosphere. Good flexibility in your work schedule with understanding of work/life balance.
Good Company, poor Management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 22, 2015
A typical day at work was very productive and busy. I learned different programs daily and dealing with customers and their needs. Management was not at its best, no training, and not enough information to complete our jobs. I worked best with my co-workers, we helped each other. The hardest part of the job was being given a massive account and told to handle it by working OT and weekends without any help. The most enjoyable were my co-workers, we were a great group.
Pros
rotating off days
Cons
no help from management
relaxed environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILSeptember 5, 2015
There is not a lot of room for advancement but the pay is good in relation to the amount of effort needed to perform the job.
Pros
free lunches, open break system
Cons
exposure to weather conditions, bad smell

Want to know more about Veolia Environmental Services?

Ask a question
Interesting yet physical work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  North East, MDMay 17, 2015
Typical workday is as varied as the jobs. Due to a loss of contracts, I didn't work there long enough, or enough hours weekly, to make an informed opinion.

I did learn many aspects of industrial cleaning and high pressure water blasting.

Management seemed ready and willing to tackle any job, and to help workforce to succeed.

My co-workers were very helpful, knowledgeable, and hard workers.

Hardest part of job was being "on call."

Best part was learning and doing new things.
Pros
Good pay and decent benefits. (Some prevailing wage.)
Cons
On call, hard to get 40 hr. week
High stress
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 14, 2015
Handled anywhere from 60 -100 customer calls every day. Dealt with billing questions, customers complaints, and sold residential and commercial trash service. Processed payments over the phone and made collection calls. Negotiated payment arrangements.

Learned to patiently listen to clients and speak calmly with them at all times. Also, learned to handle high stress situations.

Management did not like to communicate unless things went wrong.

Co-workers were great when we had time to interact which was very seldom.

Lack of communication was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Pay check
Cons
Short or no breaks
Had a nice holiday parties.
Process Operator II (Former Employee) –  Sauget, ILMay 7, 2015
Maintaining the highest standard of compliance while processing hazardous waste on a daily basis. Everybody knew their job and what had to be done in order to get through the shift in a safe manner to go home to our families at the end of the shift. Winters were extremely hard due to everything freezing up but, we had to do what we had to do to make it through the night. I learned always be on your guard anything can happen at anytime expect the unexpected processing hazardous waste is very unpredictable.
Pros
2 days on 2 days off
Cons
Winters are extremely hard everything freezes
ok
Tech (Current Employee) –  Northeast mdSeptember 23, 2015
ok place to work low pay and travel uniforms were late many liitle things wrong when I first started. Wasn't what I was told when hired
Good pay, Great benefts
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 12, 2015
Great company to work for. Decent pay and excellent benefits. Flexible schedules and an overall good work atmosphere.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Fast paced
Had 14 great years with this company and changes came and changed work environment
EHS Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KY BasedMay 21, 2015
I enjoyed working closely with field employees and project management throughout the United States. the experience I gain is invaluable.
Pros
Travel, Co-workers, experience
Cons
A company wide convergance brought alot of changes
A large, but Safety minded company
Division Safety Manager (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MO (Kansas City Area)March 31, 2015
Typical work day: Review DOT and Safety compliance paperwork, help plan the safety requirements and PPE for upcoming projects, responsible for all training for employees, visit project sites to support field personnel and conduct safety audits.
Lessons learned: To intergrate safety as the first priority within a projects scope of work
Management: As part of the management team, we work together to be competative in the market while striving to be the safest.
Co-Workers: Hard working and very safety aware.
Hardest part: Keeping up with all the safety and compliance changes throughout the years.
Most enjoyable part: The employees, and knowing that I had a part in them returning home everyday safe and uninjured.
Company was good
Supervisor / Route manager/ Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport, MNMarch 14, 2015
I started as a garbage driver. With many acquisition and company name changes we lost some of our customer base. Company priced themselves out of certain markets. I enjoyed the job and the people. They gave me opportunity to grow as a person and addition responsibilities within the organization.
Pros
good people
depends on which plant location you are working at 40hr only
Plant Worker (Former Employee) –  Laplace, LAApril 3, 2015
hard work... have to be a the plant before 6:30am... starting pay is at 13... watch our back beacues its like working with little boys, meaning they will go tell your business to everyone... they have some cool down to earth peolpe that work there.
Pros
401k plan, health plan
traveling timekeeper
Timekeeper/Billing Clerk/Cost Tracking (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXFebruary 18, 2015
I loved traveling to turnarounds, doing timekeeping job. I loved visiting different parts of U.S.A. and meeting different people. Long hours, but good pay compensation. Never away from home more than 4 weeks without a trip home.
Pros
traveling, seeing different states
Cons
when turnarounds were over then no work