Veolia Environmental Services

Veolia Environmental Services United States Employee Reviews

depends on which plant location you are working at 40hr only
Plant Worker (Former Employee), Laplace, LAApril 3, 2015
Pros: 401k plan, health plan
hard work... have to be a the plant before 6:30am... starting pay is at 13... watch our back beacues its like working with little boys, meaning they will go tell your business to everyone... they have some cool down to earth peolpe that work there.
A large, but Safety minded company
Division Safety Manager (Current Employee), Liberty, MO (Kansas City Area)March 31, 2015
Typical work day: Review DOT and Safety compliance paperwork, help plan the safety requirements and PPE for upcoming projects, responsible for all training for employees, visit project sites to support field personnel and conduct safety audits.
Lessons learned: To intergrate safety as the first priority within a projects scope of work
Management: As part of the management team, we work together to be competative in the market while striving to be the safest.
Co-Workers: Hard working and very safety aware.
Hardest part: Keeping up with all the safety and compliance changes throughout the years.
Most enjoyable part: The employees, and knowing that I had a part in them returning home everyday safe and uninjured.
Company was good
Supervisor / Route manager/ Operation Manager (Former Employee), Newport, MNMarch 14, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: long hours
I started as a garbage driver. With many acquisition and company name changes we lost some of our customer base. Company priced themselves out of certain markets. I enjoyed the job and the people. They gave me opportunity to grow as a person and addition responsibilities within the organization.
traveling timekeeper
Timekeeper/Billing Clerk/Cost Tracking (Former Employee), La Porte, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: traveling, seeing different states
Cons: when turnarounds were over then no work
I loved traveling to turnarounds, doing timekeeping job. I loved visiting different parts of U.S.A. and meeting different people. Long hours, but good pay compensation. Never away from home more than 4 weeks without a trip home.
Good Job with great benefits
Project Manager (Current Employee), North Salt Lake, UTJanuary 23, 2015
To obtain employment with this successful company. I strive to always produce accurate results while paying close attention to details. Show skills and experience as a leader and supervisor. Display great organizational skills. To work well with others, and to always better myself in all aspects of my life.
inadequate management
Supervisor (Former Employee), laporte texasJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: good starting rate for field
Cons: non adequate personnal for various upscale positions
treated as laborer not a craftman, equipment is not kept to reliable conditions
Don't work here!
Material Handler II (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: o
Cons: everything
This a unsafe place in every aspect, you will be working in the most hazardous environment possible . You will be handling everything that can not be legally disposed of in a dump , used needles, deadly toxins, exc. you will be asked to perform jobs against osho and epa regulations, and be retaliated against if you refuse. The people that you will be reporting to do not have the education or knowledge to perform these jobs safely. If you do take this job please be safe and use your own common sense and judgment because they will not put your safety first!
Productive growing experience
Adm. Asst / HR Generalist / Staffing Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Myers Beach, FLDecember 13, 2014
Enjoyed my position as a human resource assistant, traveling for training was also much fun and educational. Servicing the employees with all there needs was rewarding.
already done
Vacuum Truck Operator (Current Employee), Highland, INNovember 29, 2014
very positive upbeat workplace great wage good management etc. etc.
Great Assignment
Senior Business System Analyst/Security Lead (Former Employee), Milwaukee WIOctober 2, 2014
Pros: great company, great managers
Cons: not enough work for me
Worked on the development of benefits interfaces
Worked on project to implement self service for benefits enrollment
Worked on developing Human Resources Reports
Good company
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 17, 2014
Lots of work always moving but the company make you proud to be there
Productive Work Environment
Accountant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 8, 2014
It was a great experience. Veolia offers a productive yet flexible work environment. I learned a lot in the short amount of time I was there.
Rewarding work, great people.
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee), Fremont, CASeptember 7, 2014
Pros: my co-workers
Cons: very low wages
Early start each day, unloading trucks from previous day's work, load supplies and on to the day's customers. Per the work order and customer, segregate and pack hazardous chemicals for disposal and produce DOT manifests on site.
I've learned valuable customer interaction skills with Veolia.
Recent management was fair, tried hard to bring new energy to the workplace, which I appreciated, but implemented too many changes too soon.
My co-workers were the greatest! They were the reason I looked forward to a day on the job!
The hardest part of the job for me was dealing with old equipment, as a professional, you want to present a good image but it was somewhat difficult with ragedy, old vehicles.
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was safely completing all assigned tasks and the end of the day.
Great place to learn all parts of the trade
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Port Arthur TXAugust 18, 2014
I have greatly improved on things I did not know a lot about before working here. Earned certifications and training in lots of areas.
Not a Place to Advance if you are a Woman
N/A (Former Employee), Azusa, CAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: elder and women discrimination
The benefits are fantastic at Veolia, but if you are a woman, you are led by the younger men who are in management to turn against each other. That is not acceptable in my eyes, and not a good sign of leadership, but Veolia loves it. They even have special classes for women in leadership to go and learn how to do this. Seems like Veolia should have leadership classes in a generic fashion to enable teamwork.

I have spoken to many women in Veolia who have simply taken their measly role as it is because it is a job. Many women are accepting these roles as the only thing that they have. The younger men continue to look for flaws in women in the workplace, like reminding them that they forgot something. If you are a woman, better know someone in the high management region, because you will have a dead end job in Veolia. Also, you will have new women enemies that you never had in any other workplace. It's the accepted culture.

I have talked many older women down from just giving up and dying since I have been there. Several have said they just want to die, and it is just a job, even though they have a lot of experience in the industry to offer Veolia.

I am so very disappointed in Veolia for allowing this behavior in this day and age.
A great place to work, but not where I want to be in my career.
Relief Operator (Current Employee), Port Arthur, TXJuly 28, 2014
Pros: good job for plant experience
Cons: could have improvements in management
A typical day at work consists of production. We burn solids, liquids, and gases. Veolia has taught me a lot. I have gained the knowledge and experiences of the environmental limitations and OSHA regulations. I've learned to become a hard worker. This particular facility has great employees, and some have become friends throughout the years. The hardest part of the job is trying to learn without being properly trained. I have learned to do research on my own. The most enjoyable part of the job is that each day has its own tasks.
Worst place I have ever worked.
Refuse collector (Former Employee), Fleetwood UKJuly 14, 2014
Pros: keeps you fit
Cons: you name it!
I was a refuse collector for the council for 13 years an them veolia came in an killed the job and the workforce. The contract was to big for the tender they put in so they worked everyone to the bone. Whoever they didn't want they either sacked or bullied you out the door, terrible terrible company to work for. You name it there doing it, bullying, victimisation, disciplinarys galore for unjust accidents, don't pay you overtime, if the works not complete within the time period its your fault. They went thru most of the tupe transfers and are working there way thru them slowly either sacking them or making them quit. No one in the fylde county wants to work for them and they can't even get workers or drivers from the local agency's. The best thing I ever did was quit working for this company, if you want to see a place where everyone hates the job then fleetwood depot is the place to go. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY, id say they should be reported but head office seems to be tolerant of the way they treat the workers.
Great Place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Tallahassee,FLJune 24, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: n/a
A typical day was cleaning, placing and receiving phone calls, cleaning. I very much enjoyed this job.
I love the work here. The company needs to review compensation as related to Job Functions and Productivity
Supervisor (Current Employee), Port Arthur, TXJune 11, 2014
Pros: flexible with personal time necessary raising children
Cons: compensation is very low for the industry.
My time with this company has been productive. I have learned a great deal and have developed numerous skills.
Many deadlines some unreasonable
Area Controller (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJune 3, 2014
Continued pressure with minimal manpower to complete assigned tasks especially related to audits and SOX testing.

1 2 3 4 5