Veolia Environmental Services

Veolia Environmental Services Employer Reviews

Great place to learn all parts of the trade
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Port Arthur TXAugust 18, 2014
I have greatly improved on things I did not know a lot about before working here. Earned certifications and training in lots of areas.
Not a Place to Advance if you are a Woman
N/A (Former Employee), Azusa, CAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: elder and women discrimination
The benefits are fantastic at Veolia, but if you are a woman, you are led by the younger men who are in management to turn against each other. That is not acceptable in my eyes, and not a good sign of leadership, but Veolia loves it. They even have special classes for women in leadership to go and learn how to do this. Seems like Veolia should have – more... leadership classes in a generic fashion to enable teamwork.

I have spoken to many women in Veolia who have simply taken their measly role as it is because it is a job. Many women are accepting these roles as the only thing that they have. The younger men continue to look for flaws in women in the workplace, like reminding them that they forgot something. If you are a woman, better know someone in the high management region, because you will have a dead end job in Veolia. Also, you will have new women enemies that you never had in any other workplace. It's the accepted culture.

I have talked many older women down from just giving up and dying since I have been there. Several have said they just want to die, and it is just a job, even though they have a lot of experience in the industry to offer Veolia.

I am so very disappointed in Veolia for allowing this behavior in this day and age. – less
A great place to work, but not where I want to be in my career.
Relief Operator (Current Employee), Port Arthur, TXJuly 28, 2014
Pros: good job for plant experience
Cons: could have improvements in management
A typical day at work consists of production. We burn solids, liquids, and gases. Veolia has taught me a lot. I have gained the knowledge and experiences of the environmental limitations and OSHA regulations. I've learned to become a hard worker. This particular facility has great employees, and some have become friends throughout the years. The hardest – more... part of the job is trying to learn without being properly trained. I have learned to do research on my own. The most enjoyable part of the job is that each day has its own tasks. – less
Worst place I have ever worked.
Refuse collector (Former Employee), Fleetwood UKJuly 14, 2014
Pros: keeps you fit
Cons: you name it!
I was a refuse collector for the council for 13 years an them veolia came in an killed the job and the workforce. The contract was to big for the tender they put in so they worked everyone to the bone. Whoever they didn't want they either sacked or bullied you out the door, terrible terrible company to work for. You name it there doing it, bullying, – more... victimisation, disciplinarys galore for unjust accidents, don't pay you overtime, if the works not complete within the time period its your fault. They went thru most of the tupe transfers and are working there way thru them slowly either sacking them or making them quit. No one in the fylde county wants to work for them and they can't even get workers or drivers from the local agency's. The best thing I ever did was quit working for this company, if you want to see a place where everyone hates the job then fleetwood depot is the place to go. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY, id say they should be reported but head office seems to be tolerant of the way they treat the workers. – less
Great Place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Tallahassee,FLJune 24, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: n/a
A typical day was cleaning, placing and receiving phone calls, cleaning. I very much enjoyed this job.
I love the work here. The company needs to review compensation as related to Job Functions and Productivity
Supervisor (Current Employee), Port Arthur, TXJune 11, 2014
Pros: flexible with personal time necessary raising children
Cons: compensation is very low for the industry.
My time with this company has been productive. I have learned a great deal and have developed numerous skills.
Many deadlines some unreasonable
Area Controller (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJune 3, 2014
Continued pressure with minimal manpower to complete assigned tasks especially related to audits and SOX testing.
Managment
Routing Specialist / Manager (Former Employee), Melrose Park, ILMay 9, 2014
The environment is basically employees vs. management and some times mid management vs. management. If you enjoy being micromanaged for 55 hours a week and don't mind when progressive discipline does not apply to whom ever management wants to push out of the office than this is the place for you
Sales
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Panama City, FLMay 5, 2014
I gained a larger understanding about waste and the process behind the business of waste management. Contractual details make it difficult to gain accounts. Customers are only loyal to price and want the cheapest service, no matter what so they will sign up for a lower price and over the course of a couple years, the fine print of the trash contracts – more... allows for providers to increase price without informing customers. Generally the price hikes are pure profit, not costs of doing business. Corporate buy outs that occur in this industry can be exhausting for employees. – less
good
Technician (Former Employee), Baytown, TXApril 24, 2014
the job is very good im very happy with it just long hours and it was too far for me but other then that cool job
Poor Managment
Material Handler (Former Employee), West Carrollton City, OHApril 23, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: very little life outside of work
Extrememly poor communication and lack of training and when i mean lack of training, i mean there is none.
safety minded and customer first goals
Field Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIApril 22, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting thanks from gtteing the job done well.
great co workers
Truck driver, vacuum truck operator (Former Employee), Pittsburg, TXApril 9, 2014
Pros: good place to work
worked all over texes and Oklahoma on shut downs operating vacuum truck.
Productive and good place to work
Operations Coordinator, Planner/ Scheduler (Current Employee), 149 Woodland drive, Laplace, La 70068February 27, 2014
Day yo day was busy, working with guys. Everyday was always learning something new. Management team was very supportive. Hardest part was we didn't have enough resources .
Face paced and challenging
Administration/Payroll/Billing (Former Employee), Freeport, TXFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: great location
Cons: complaints and conflicts
You never knew what the day would bring, you always had your core duties but it never failed that challenging projects were addressed each day.
Phisecal and Hazardouse working envioroment
Driver/Technician (Former Employee), Laport, TexasJanuary 23, 2014
Can become over whelming at times but it does not last long, your traveling most of the time.
Hours were long but interesting per job site
Tech I (Former Employee), Ashland, KYJanuary 19, 2014
Cleaned up environmental hazardous waste
Everyone was easy going and got along with one another
Stressful workplace
Dispatcher/Customer Service/Scale Operator (Former Employee), Morehead, KYJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: a lot of hours
Cons: a few of the bosses was mean and rude, didnt show anyone respect
The branch supervisor made this job very stressful. I only worked there 8 months, The job i loved, i would've stayed at this job forever but some of my bosses made it hard on me. I got alot of hours in here which was a plus. I learned alot about customer service.
Cool
material handler (Former Employee), Henderson, COJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: i love that they have pot luck dinners!!!
Cons: very per judgemental!!!!
Can be a little stressful if you don't fully have full understanding of it!!!! A very good job to work for, but you have to be focused at all times!!!!
Quiet atmosphere, friendly co-workers.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bristol, CTJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: not busy enough
This was the first job I had in an Environmental Co. It was a new office so my typical work day was slow. I learned how to enter payroll and do the price breakdowns from the information on the shift receipts. I also learned how to scan these items and forward them via e-mail to the Accounts Recievable person in Maryland. The people I worked with were – more... very friendly and always willing to help me if I had any problems.
The hardest part of this job was trying to keep busy, because this was a new office there wasn't a lot of work.
The most enjoyable part of the job was researching items for the Accounts Recievable person and the person in the HR dept in Maryland. – less

1 2 3 4 5