Veolia Environmental Services Employee Reviews in United States

safety minded and customer first goals
Field Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 22, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting thanks from gtteing the job done well.
great co workers
Truck driver, vacuum truck operator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, TXApril 9, 2014
worked all over texes and Oklahoma on shut downs operating vacuum truck.
Pros
good place to work
Productive and good place to work
Operations Coordinator, Planner/ Scheduler (Current Employee) –  149 Woodland drive, Laplace, La 70068February 27, 2014
Day yo day was busy, working with guys. Everyday was always learning something new. Management team was very supportive. Hardest part was we didn't have enough resources .
Face paced and challenging
Administration/Payroll/Billing (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXFebruary 9, 2014
You never knew what the day would bring, you always had your core duties but it never failed that challenging projects were addressed each day.
Pros
great location
Cons
complaints and conflicts

Comment – November 21, 2014

Veolia has a lot of backstabbing and chaos in all of their locations, I have spoke to several women in other locations all over the country and they all have the same complaints. No upper management support and too much backstabbing and chaos. If you are not looking to advance in your career and are willing to take less than desirable wages then this is a perfect place to be.

Phisecal and Hazardouse working envioroment
Driver/Technician (Former Employee) –  Laport, TexasJanuary 23, 2014
Can become over whelming at times but it does not last long, your traveling most of the time.
Hours were long but interesting per job site
Tech I (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYJanuary 19, 2014
Cleaned up environmental hazardous waste
Everyone was easy going and got along with one another
Stressful workplace
Dispatcher/Customer Service/Scale Operator (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYJanuary 17, 2014
The branch supervisor made this job very stressful. I only worked there 8 months, The job i loved, i would've stayed at this job forever but some of my bosses made it hard on me. I got alot of hours in here which was a plus. I learned alot about customer service.
Pros
a lot of hours
Cons
a few of the bosses was mean and rude, didnt show anyone respect
Cool
material handler (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COJanuary 17, 2014
Can be a little stressful if you don't fully have full understanding of it!!!! A very good job to work for, but you have to be focused at all times!!!!
Pros
i love that they have pot luck dinners!!!
Cons
very per judgemental!!!!
Quiet atmosphere, friendly co-workers.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTJanuary 14, 2014
This was the first job I had in an Environmental Co. It was a new office so my typical work day was slow. I learned how to enter payroll and do the price breakdowns from the information on the shift receipts. I also learned how to scan these items and forward them via e-mail to the Accounts Recievable person in Maryland. The people I worked with were very friendly and always willing to help me if I had any problems.
The hardest part of this job was trying to keep busy, because this was a new office there wasn't a lot of work.
The most enjoyable part of the job was researching items for the Accounts Recievable person and the person in the HR dept in Maryland.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
not busy enough
corpus branch just closed its office
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 13, 2014
branch just closed due to loss of contracs and work. has good benefits but management was poor. employees where good and hard working but a lot of people lost work.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
loss of work
made a decent living just never home
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  baytown,txDecember 12, 2013
14-16 hrs a day. 7 days a week . advancement is not much of an option.
Pros
paid was decent
Cons
never home
Well established company at the top in their field.
Operator/Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXOctober 24, 2013
Working for Veolia ES was a great way for me to learn a new craft and gain my industrial experience. I went to work every day trying to learn something new, and I managed to work myself up the ladder very quickly. In a short amount of time, I've been put in the position to take over as Site Supervisor at Dupont Sabine River Works. I enjoy the family oriented atmosphere among my company, however, I am looking for a new company to grow with and to continue bettering myself and my future.
Productive in any work environment.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Whiting, INOctober 10, 2013
Experienced, working at British Petroleum in a sporadic enirvonments. Safely drove company vehicles without incident. Coordinated all safety procedures to ensure work was being performed in the most effective and safest manner. Water blasted, transported, performed, setups, inspected, operated, maintained, repaired, high pressure water blasting equipment and industrial vacuuming equipment to perform proper removal of containments. Transported and disposed both hazardous and nonhazardous materials for the purpose of cleaning.
out of town assignments
Hydro Blasting Technician (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXSeptember 23, 2013
it was cool if you enjoy traveling. They pay for your room and board. Management is alright. the hardest part is staying awoke.
Dsv
Deck Foreman/ Crane Operator & Instructor (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LASeptember 19, 2013
Really enjoyed this job. Chevron Hurricane Restoration Project.
I wouldn't work for them again
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 29, 2013
Seems company has gotten too large and stopped caring about its employees, at least at the locations I've worked for, low pay for the area.
Not a friendly place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 10, 2013
Billing was always screwed up. Rates were always rising. Customers got cut off for office mistakes, then had to wait to get containers back. No one wanted to be on phones to take calls.
Safety minded and service oriented.
Environmental Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 5, 2013
Day to day work very unexciting. Labpacking and manifesting Hazardous waste every 80 days from three sites enjoyable. I have learned lots of EHS material that I would love to put to use else where.
Very Driven company, kind co workers
Accounts Payable Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, wiJune 13, 2013
A typical day was data entry for AP, co workers were great.We would have meeting once a month to discuss ways to make our jobs run more smoothly.
Cool Company
Operator, Technician (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXMay 31, 2013
Its pretty cool but it can get rough times! If you work hard, it will eventually pay off with them
Pros
down time
Cons
travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veolia Environmental Services. Our community is ready to answer.