Veolia Environmental Services

Veolia Environmental Services Employer Reviews

Cool Company
Operator, Technician (Former Employee), La Porte, TXMay 31, 2013
Pros: down time
Cons: travel
Its pretty cool but it can get rough times! If you work hard, it will eventually pay off with them
Vigorous work with opportunities to travel.
General Laborer (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMay 20, 2013
Pros: competitive wages, healthcare.
Cons: some of the job sites were dangerous
Typical work day: Travel to various work locations to perform environmental and industrial cleanup

I learned how to operate wet/dry vacuum and sewer trucks, and how to operate 10k/20k pumps for high preasure water blasting

Most of the managers were top rate

My co-workers were hard workers, and easy to work with

Some of the work sites were overly hot, and that combined with PPE made staying hydrated difficult. However, we were provided breaks and water coolers to compensate.

The feeling of a job well done at the end of the day
Great Company
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee), IAMarch 14, 2013
Pros: great work environment
I loved working for Veolia. I had a wonderful time. Co-workers are very helpful. Lots of support.
Long hours and below standard supervision
Distillation Operator (Former Employee), Henderson, COFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: mostly steady work
Cons: management and saftey department need improvement
The company reprocessed hazardous waste to recover industrial solvents as well as process other liquid and solid waste. The company is very active in the industry but is subject to the varying manufacturing environments. The company gets its business from other manufacturing companies. The company is short on qualified management at the regional and local level. Company lacks discipline and foresight in promoting junior management which affects the work environment. The company is a solid company and has many qualified and experienced technicians as well as on site lab support. Unfortunately there is little room for promotion or advancement. Work shifts are 12 hours and there is set shift rotation. There is a lot of heavy lifting and moving during the setup of pump equipment and the loading and unloading of railcars and vac trucks. Plant operators are required to do all their own maintenance and repairs. Plant site is heavily regulated by OSHA and EPA.
Flexible Work Environment
Regional Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2013
Veolia was a company that truly believed in work-life balance. My position, as Regional HR Manager, was the most flexible work environment I ever worked in. Being home-based, a typical day was filled with conference calls, or traveling to one of my 30 sites throughout the southeast.
Great Compensation And Benefits
Swing Driver (Current Employee), Saint Paul MNFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: compensation, benefits, advancement
Cons: work outside in all conditions.
Good company to be a part of. A fit for just about anyone with a cdl and good driving record. Routes with overtime and routes without much overtime, so good fit for many. Room for advancement, good management listens to your concerns.
Local Management Unethical, Dishonest, & Unprofessional
Sales Representative (Former Employee), La Porte, TXFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: unethical, dishonest, and unprofessional
Funny how leadership preaches ethics, honesty, and be professional and expects this from the rank and file but behind close doors they are completely hypocritical to all of these attributes. Pretty unprofessional how you can be told week after week how great you are doing then once you decide to turn in a two notice all of the sudden you are a sub par employee. Management does this to discredit you in order to avoid paying you your earned bonuses and/or commissions. There is definitely favoritism running all through the company which creates a horrible work environment. When I first started, I thought that the office staff was just "bumps on a log" with bad attitudes but after being there for 8 months, I understand as local management is to blame for most of this based on how they treat people. I would challenge the executives to participate on "Undercover Boss" but I'm sure that they would be too embarrassed for this to air on national TV. One other note, they fall under the old adage "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing". Think long and hard before accepting a job with the La Porte office and if you have other options - take them.
Local Management Unethical, Dishonest, & Unprofessional
Sales Representative (Former Employee), La Porte, TXFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: unethical, dishonest, and unprofessional
they dont care about their employees
n/a (Current Employee), Nitro, WVJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: the occasional lunch and dinner is bought, good insurance
Cons: they have no consideration that you have a family
very poor management, very rarely see them in the field. they have their absolute favorites and some they keep out of town traveling and seems they basically forget about their existance. very poor bonus program. god forbid you get a ticket that you pay and doesnt go against veolia. very little raises. we cant even get so much as a tee shirt or a hat. I dont recommend that anyone come to work here. word of advise people, ivs, is right down the road.
mechanic
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), Decatur, ILDecember 20, 2012
i love a challenge, trouble shooting, repair, hydraulic and electical. i learned new things evry day
Close work environment, like family
Temp (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TxDecember 16, 2012
I really enjoyed working for Veolia, but the management was terrible. When you are in a management position, you are suppose to set a good example to the employees beneath you. This was not practiced in Veolia office, and the position was abused.

I enjoyed my clients in which I worked for or with on a daily basis. Each day when I clocked out for work, I clocked out with pride knowing I done more than what my job required. It was one of those jobs that you enjoyed shutting the alarm off to in the mornings.
Hydroblasting
Safety Auditor, Hydroblasting, (Former Employee), La Porte, TXDecember 7, 2012
Pros: travel
Cons: low pay
Good employer, alot of work and activties. Company travels alot, very safety oriented.
Very poor management, no loyalty
Field Tech/Fleet/Procurement, etc (Current Employee), Ashland KYNovember 28, 2012
The upper management two are very incompetent in their work responsibility. They use all the people that know what they are doing to make themselves look great & then try get the ones that know the business fired. The new younger generation wants to surround themselves with people that won't question the bad business decisions they are making. Very sad, evil ways.
Pruductive and fun place to work for
OFFICE MANAGER (Current Employee), Melrose Park, ILNovember 18, 2012
A typical day at Veolia
A great place to work for with very good benefits and management team
A fast pace job at times , a lot of attention to computer , paper work and scale
Scale Operator Technician (Former Employee), Totowa, NJNovember 13, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: company died down every year
Good place to work at . I weighed in and out trucks and gave out recipts to costumers .
Good while it lasted
Life Support Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 3, 2012
A good company to work for. Wish the Marine Division would have lasted longer.
Poorly Managed Customer Service Department
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hartland, WiNovember 2, 2012
Pros: good work shift
Cons: non-dedicated employees
A typical day would consist of the very few customer service employees there constantly talking to each other, ignoring the incoming phone calls. The phone calls would go to one employee, it would be ignored, then it would bounce to the next available representative who would then ignore it and so forth. I had on the job training but from different employees. Each person I learned from taught me differently (the way they do their job) versus the correct way. I was told not to listen to my manager with certain protocols. The hardest part of the job was to take on a lot of the work because my co-workers simply did not feel like helping our customers out as well as the very unpleasant dispatchers that I had worked with. The only part of the job I enjoyed was the hours of operation.
good work experience
Environmental Specialist II (Current Employee), fremont caSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
drive out to several companies and pick up their hazardous waste
and lab packs
Working on chemical plants roofs
Laborer (Former Employee), Prince George, VirginiaSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: long lunch breaks
Cons: didnt get to see my kids as much
It was an experience for me. I never hydroblast or waterblast a chemical plant before then. I was the only female and somtimes i did a better job then the men. We used to travel alot to different plants, the one i like the most was the Dominion Power Plant in Yorktown
Customer Service / Dispatch (Former Employee), Nicholasville, KYSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: very relaxed
Cons: not very secure
Was taught how to dispatch and excel in customer service. Management was great and easy to talk to. My co-worker was excellent and I couldnt have asked for anyone better. The hardest part of my job was leaving. I enjoyed absolutely everything.

Veolia Environmental Services Photos