Veolia Environmental Services Employee Reviews in United States

Very fast paced environment with good co-workers
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 22, 2012
Answering calls and helping clients with any problems they have, with a quick solution.
Having a great attitude and being a team player at all times.
Keeping an organized and productive cubicle.
Being a helpful individual for all the clients calling in with problems.
Making collection calls and sending out letters.
Taking electronic payments over the phone and making sure there account reflects the payment and sending out a confirmation.
Typing up contracts when ordering huge roll-off containers for construction sites.
Getting a permission slip signed by the city that we would be sending a container if on the street of that city.
Helping with anything that is needed to be completed.
Pros
good hours and friendly co-workers
Cons
pay rate is low and benefits were not great.
Find something else
Driver (Current Employee) –  Waukegan,ILJuly 28, 2012
This company is terrible for drivers. They do not care at all about you and will fire you at the drop of a hat. Managment is very difficult to deal with. They have drive-cam in the trucks that can record at anytime and they will fire you over that as well. I would not recomend working here.
Cons
everything
Treat employees unfair
Crew Leader 2 (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAJuly 22, 2012
There work is always slOw and u can be off for mths at a time. It started out as a gd job and then they never had work or do they want to help u move up. It's a race thing there
Cons
short breaks and a lot of double standards
A great place to work
STRATEGIC ACCOUNT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 18, 2012
*great team to work with
*high energy!
*opportunity to be involved in strategic projects
Pros
employee appreciation
Cons
lack of advancement opportunity
Great People to work with
Foreman (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJuly 1, 2012
A typical day would be different from any other. You would learn new tasks and had to finish your assigned job in a timely manner. Working with peers and subordinates was a pleasure, upper management was a different story.Job security was always in question,you just didn't know if you were coming back the next day. Other then that the pay was great.
Pros
pay
Cons
would not know if you had a job to come to the next day.
Bad managment, compensation, and no advancement oppurtunities
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNJune 17, 2012
This was one of the worst places I have ever worked for. The pay was the lowest I have heard of Diesel Mechanics being paid. They do not tolerate people that want to continue their education. There was no room for advancement. Overall, the staff is very judgemental, rude and unfair.
Pros
healthcare benefits
Cons
everything else
fun work place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJune 17, 2012
long day different types of garbage trucks co-workers fun to talk to hardest part lunch most enjoyable being on my own
Pros
pay
Cons
not eating lunch
They undersale the job description
Environmental Specialist - Degreed (Current Employee) –  North Jackson, OHJune 17, 2012
I just started as a environmental specialist - degreed with the company. To say that the job description undersold the actual job is an understatement. I work up to 15 hours a day and get paid for 10 due to the limited working hours as a CDL driver. I was told that I would be testing and monitoring hazardous waste. I dip pH tape into unknown chemical bottles that is the testing. The monitoring that I was told I would be doing is watching where each drum goes onto the truck. Yes I did say drums... I was told that I would have to be able to lift 50lbs, I consistently move 700+ lb drums. This is a manual labor position! I am not sure why they would require a degree for this position because you have to look up each chemical on the computer making it pretty much dummy proof. You just have to remember what type of chemicals can be packed next to each other in the truck.
Pros
friendly working environment
Cons
being led on about the job description
Veolia is a great company to work for.
Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 15, 2012
Veolia is a world wide company with many oppertunities in the environmental field. Waste disposal, water treatment, transportation.
quality company to work for. pay is a little low. hours unpredictable.
Environmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMay 8, 2012
quality company to work for. pay is a little low. hours unpredictable.
walking on eggshells
Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  Sauget, ILApril 30, 2012
Hostile work environment with people who don't take pride in their work
Pros
health benefits
Cons
small wages, lots of fighting between a levels of employees
arrive at work 7am.Morning safety meeting with crews jobs assignments are give to crew leaders.They would get all permits and hold tailgate safety me
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAApril 9, 2012
Arrive at 7am go overjobs assignments hold morning safety meeting, Delagate crews make sure all permits and required paper work are properly complete.
Pros
no safety violations for the year $500.00 bonus, for christmas holidays.
Cons
lots over time, no weekends off on turnaround season.
High Turnover
Management (Former Employee) –  ILMarch 9, 2012
Great esstablished company to work for...however, it is a company that continues to grow at the expense of others. There is a high turnover rate of GOOD people...
Pros
they do care about the individual
Cons
if your not on "their" side...watchout !
Very family
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Batavia ilMarch 5, 2012
It is a great company to work at. The managers are always willing to help as well as other co workers. They give you the right coaching in or order for you to understand your job title
A good place to work that offers excellent training and benefits. Hourly rate leaves something to be desired but a good place to work.
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  CADecember 15, 2011
Veolia Environmental is a great place to work for those looking for a consistent work environment with opportunities to learn and excel in the environmental field. The benefits are more than competative and the company is quite specialized. I have had a good experience working for Veolia.
Pros
benefits and skills learned
Cons
hourly pay is on the low side, and the hours are inconsistent.

Comment – June 11, 2012

I used to work for Veolia in Door County for 3 years, just like this job they're advertising. You work your bacon off starting at 7 am, and if your work day gets too long, they start you at 6 am - 7 days a week. Heavy Door County visitation starts Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day, or longer. Long hours, same pay - same scenario for 3 years.

Poor Management, Poor Company
Accounts Payable (Former Employee)August 29, 2011
A very poor place to work with a sad lack of understanding of their own values. The company itself isn't horrible but there is a clear and obvious problem with the company, its business practices, and its management.
Alabama locations have the poorest management I''ve ever had to deal with
NA (Former Employee) –  Moody, ALMarch 23, 2011
The Alabama sites are a joke. Management has no clue what they are doing. Employees are treated unfairly and there is no sense of job security. I would not recommend this employer (Alabama Locations) to anyone, not even my worst enemy.