Veolia Environnement Employee Reviews

Automation is the key to success
operator (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXNovember 23, 2015
We have automated lance platforms for vertical and horizontal exchamgers, lines ect. A rotojet for in place drums and a cobra for anything else. The pay is on the light side but the safety culture is changing slowly but surely.
Pros
No more shotguning, hand lancing
Cons
Dec-Jan slowdown
operator
operator (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXOctober 29, 2015
This place sucks bad. They make rules as they go along. If your dad works there you can move up. Never a day off. We lose people and fire people all the time.
Pros
There are no Pros
Cons
To many to list
Ok, but sneaky
HR (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisSeptember 24, 2015
Worked here as a temp, they told me on a Tuesday they saw some mistakes in my work but didn't provide any examples or proof. I took it well, and they even said thanks for taking well. Went out of town on a Friday and received a call they were ending the contract due to mistakes but that I'm an excellent candidate.

I will own up to mistakes I make, however, I feel it's right to give people a chance to rectify the situation and give them a chance. No chance, but 2 days was given and they didn't provide examples of what was "messed up".
Pros
Nice office location
Cons
Fake people.
Putting out Fires - Vaguely plan ahead
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 20, 2015
Be prepared to be pigeon holed into a role no matter how hard you work to try to evolve into something, it's not going to happen. It's that "If it ain't broke, why fix it" mentality, so you will be in your role until you decide to retire, that's if you're looking to evolve or develop your career. If you don't want to grow or evolve, then it's a place for you. Management do not coach, promote or encourage, instead, Management ignore you completely until you skip a beat, then everything that you worked so hard for doesn't matter. Do not expect development, do not expect any realistic goals. Since your daily routine is to put out fires and not focus on your core responsibilities, there is not quantifiable matrix to measure your work to properly assess you at your review. You will be doing work of others and reprimanded for wanted to address your core responsibilities...the very things that are listed on your review to complete in order to get a raise. If you are a good worker, be prepared to take on others short comings and not being compensated for it. Be prepared to be in the background and very seldom in the foreground as an equal team member, though you are given the tasks of others on your team...don't you think you should be qualified to fulfill some roles to be allowed to evolve into something more or at least developed into a career instead of just a job.
Make sure you fight for the right compensation, I had to during my 2nd year. I was under paid by 10k.
Pros
Flex time ( Be careful...you will hear about it...behind your back )
Cons
NO structured roles, Lack of encourgagement and NO career growth
Very unsafe place to work
material handler (Current Employee) –  port arthurJuly 29, 2015
management sucks different people run the facility each year. Safety man doesn't exist. Crabs in a bucket up there. They call the front office the White House I wonder why. Horrible lunch areas. Food taste and smell like waste unless you eat in The White House
Pros
None other than its a job
Cons
The facility in Menomonee falls wi sucks
depack (Former Employee) –  menomonee falls wiApril 10, 2015
Management is really unfair... They pay the employees in the yard pennies... I would never recommend anyone to work here.... The managers in the office do not know how to run this place... They need to go back to school... They enjoy seeing people suffer and not being able to climb up the ladder... They get a kick out of that... They put their workers where they feel its beneficial to them.... Hopefully some of the managers there will loose their jobs and hopefully the place goes down once all of these good workers find different jobs... Good luck to all of the hard working employees i wish u the best...
Think twice
Operator (Former Employee) –  OhioApril 4, 2015
Managers and supervisors will not take responsibilities for their actions. They work you like a dog and then blame everything that goes wrong on you, even when the actions are directed by them. HR pretends to care but they really don't. Managers and supervisors, favoritism and cliques need to go from this company.
Pros
Cons
Managers and supervisors
AP indpls
AP (Former Employee) –  indplsMarch 19, 2015
RUN!!!!! This company is BAD Management is horrible she did not take responsibility for her own actions do not go to HR they act as if you should take unfairness. Company is horrible - RUN!!!!!
Pros
Cons
management supervisors
People were great
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 18, 2012
I liked the fact that the workload changed day to day. Being with this company for the last 12 years I have learned a lot.