Veolia Water North America

Veolia Water North America Employer Reviews

N/A
I&E Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Worked on instrumentation associated with waste water/hazard waste skids.
Productive and fun work place.
GRADE I OPERATOR (Former Employee), Arvin, CADecember 17, 2013
Pros: set schedules
Cons: had short time to advance in moving up.
Morning meeting with staff about previous work day. Then we record flow readings off SCADA system. Clean in fluent bar screens and wash down clairifiers.
Worst Management Ever
Operations (Former Employee), Jones, Deercreek,December 2, 2013
Pros: zero
Cons: everything
A typical work day consisted of being treated like the material they processed and I'll clear that up for everyone not its human excrement. They had 3 managers for every one employee and it was rumored that they would pay off the city every time the contract was up. Most of the older employees were decent people but the younger crowed would stab you – more... in the back for a dime. Its also a very dangerous place to work, management will often require you work work in unsafe conditions; alone on weekend shifts cleaning large pits and working in confined spaces. However if you bring up the HSE risk involved in doing this your only placing a nail in your coffin. There has been numerous injuries at Veolia Water here in the OKC area, this is a very dangerous place to work. Not only from a physical injury stand point but health risk as well. You will be asked to endure long hours of exposure to unknown chemicals with unknown effects, long hours of exposure to noise levels above 130dba, If you can get past all that there is the smell remember the human waste.. I worked for this company while attending night school and was not happier when I was fired. The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that the management will be there until they can no longer work any more. – less
Good company!!!
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator & Mechanic (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company, because there was plenty of overtime and management always took care of it's employees.
Great company to work for...
Centrifuge operator(lead operator) (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 14, 2013
Pros: good benefits, great co-workers
Cons: traveling out of state, being away from home for long periods at a time.
Great company to work for,great pay and benefits. The hardest part of the job is being away from from my kids due to job requiring me to work out of state.
Great Place
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee), Junction City, KSApril 15, 2013
I have all great things to say about Veolia Water - great company, good benefits.
Great employees - management leaves much to be desired
Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAMay 9, 2012
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: it is a big company without any soul.
They say the "right" words about employees being their most valuable resource and wanting to be the "Employer of Choice" but in the end - they are only the latest catch phrases. Actions speak louder than words.
Veolia Water na. is a easy company to move up in ranks in
Oprator 1 (Former Employee), Arvin CA.April 13, 2012
Pros: company truck, and company cell phone..
Cons: (half hr. lunches) if an alarm goes off, you'll have to stop eating and take care of it.
A typical day at this facility is visually checking the grounds for any debris around clarifiers, Smelling for any rotten egg odors, and checking plus monitoring SCADA system for any spikes or falls in plant flows. Management was real laid back as long as the job was done correctly and in a timely matter. My co-workers were friendly and helpful. The – more... hardest part of my job or should I say "Time consuming" was the Bi-weekly lubing every other tues. because you had to perform oil changing and greasing off all the motors and bearings in the wastewater plant. But what I loved most of all about my job was treating the wastewater at the inlet pump station. Because at the end of the day you can check the effluent and, see how dirty water starting from the inlet turns into fresh drinking water by settling. And to know I had something to do with providing people with clean water is amazing... – less
Based on 6 year employmnet experiences, this employer may rank at or less than average.
Fats Oil & Grease Program Compliance Inspector (Former Employee), Food Service EstablishmentsNovember 15, 2011
Pros: company hires by skills and certification levels.
Cons: lack of identifiable hierarchy.
My 6 year employment observations indicate that there is a high degree of inconsistency in management styles and methodologies that interfered with successful employee production.