Veolia Water North America Employee Reviews

rollercoaster ride
SHIPPING & RECEIVING CLERK/MATERIAL HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHJune 24, 2016
S & R Dept. eliminated 6/7/2016
moved to production, while still conducting many of my same job activities, i was offered a production job 6 months ago at a rate of 25.35 per hour, i didnt want it then, nor do i now.
Pros
clean workplace
Cons
restructuring impacts
Decent Company
Maintenance Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHOctober 13, 2015
This company has many things to offer but there are some downfalls and some things i don't agree with. The leadership is awesome, the only thing that I would change is the common since factor of completing a job. If you are an electrician and you have to use your hands in order to complete a job successfully while working with small wires it should not be required to use leather mechanics gloves while equipment is isolated and secure.
Pros
Safety Lunches, understanding leadership
Cons
Overtime is very scarse
Exhibit of pure professionalism
Internship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2015
An extravagant display of information being handed to me by veterans in the industry and some very prestigious institutions were clients to the company. The workforce was very welcoming and aggregated, while each member handled large responsibilities on their own.
The lab setting was interesting.
Pros
good experience
Cons
NA
The Health Benefits are great
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Garyville, LAMarch 4, 2015
Benefits are great, I learned a great deal from this job such as process operations. I advanced with this job over the past 12 years. The hardest part of this job is the long stretch of nights away from family. Typical days are shift change when I go in. Speaking to the relief supervisor, safety meetings, run down of shift before hand, going over to do list, etc.
Pros
health benefits, paid vacations and holidays. overtime
Better for Wastewater Workers
Office Manager / Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seymour, CTJuly 22, 2014
Veolia Water- is a decent employer, but if you are not willing to travel considerable distance to a corporate office, you are stuck in a sewer plant. Unless you are planning a career in waste water and not in accounting and finance. Hardest part of my job is dealing with the public. Professionalism is a must when dealing with the public. As an Administrative Assistant you are consistently undervalued without regard to individual competencies. Any and all raises are capped at 2.5 to 3% per year, which is a blow to morale. The best part of Veolia Water is its generous Health Care Benefit and I have never seen its equal.
Pros
benefits and vacation policy
Cons
slow to non-existent promotions and small raises.
Great people, great job!
Operations and Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Riverside, OhioJune 9, 2015
Management understands that family comes first. Great overall work environment and the employees where easy to work with.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Nothing comes to mind
Based on 6 year employmnet experiences, this employer may rank at or less than average.
Fats Oil & Grease Program Compliance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Food Service EstablishmentsNovember 15, 2011
My 6 year employment observations indicate that there is a high degree of inconsistency in management styles and methodologies that interfered with successful employee production.
Pros
company hires by skills and certification levels.
Cons
lack of identifiable hierarchy.
Great employees - management leaves much to be desired
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 9, 2012
They say the "right" words about employees being their most valuable resource and wanting to be the "Employer of Choice" but in the end - they are only the latest catch phrases. Actions speak louder than words.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
it is a big company without any soul.
Great company to work for...
Centrifuge operator(lead operator) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 14, 2013
Great company to work for,great pay and benefits. The hardest part of the job is being away from from my kids due to job requiring me to work out of state.
Pros
good benefits, great co-workers
Cons
traveling out of state, being away from home for long periods at a time.
Productive and fun work place.
GRADE I OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Arvin, CADecember 17, 2013
Morning meeting with staff about previous work day. Then we record flow readings off SCADA system. Clean in fluent bar screens and wash down clairifiers.
Pros
set schedules
Cons
had short time to advance in moving up.
Veolia Water na. is a easy company to move up in ranks in
Oprator 1 (Former Employee) –  Arvin CA.April 13, 2012
A typical day at this facility is visually checking the grounds for any debris around clarifiers, Smelling for any rotten egg odors, and checking plus monitoring SCADA system for any spikes or falls in plant flows. Management was real laid back as long as the job was done correctly and in a timely matter. My co-workers were friendly and helpful. The hardest part of my job or should I say "Time consuming" was the Bi-weekly lubing every other tues. because you had to perform oil changing and greasing off all the motors and bearings in the wastewater plant. But what I loved most of all about my job was treating the wastewater at the inlet pump station. Because at the end of the day you can check the effluent and, see how dirty water starting from the inlet turns into fresh drinking water by settling. And to know I had something to do with providing people with clean water is amazing...
Pros
company truck, and company cell phone..
Cons
(half hr. lunches) if an alarm goes off, you'll have to stop eating and take care of it.
Good company!!!
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator & Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 14, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company, because there was plenty of overtime and management always took care of it's employees.
Great Place
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Junction City, KSApril 15, 2013
I have all great things to say about Veolia Water - great company, good benefits.
N/a
I&E Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2014
Worked on instrumentation associated with waste water/hazard waste skids.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Worst Management Ever
Operations (Former Employee) –  Jones, Deercreek,December 2, 2013
A typical work day consisted of being treated like the material they processed and I'll clear that up for everyone not its human excrement. They had 3 managers for every one employee and it was rumored that they would pay off the city every time the contract was up. Most of the older employees were decent people but the younger crowed would stab you in the back for a dime. Its also a very dangerous place to work, management will often require you work work in unsafe conditions; alone on weekend shifts cleaning large pits and working in confined spaces. However if you bring up the HSE risk involved in doing this your only placing a nail in your coffin. There has been numerous injuries at Veolia Water here in the OKC area, this is a very dangerous place to work. Not only from a physical injury stand point but health risk as well. You will be asked to endure long hours of exposure to unknown chemicals with unknown effects, long hours of exposure to noise levels above 130dba, If you can get past all that there is the smell remember the human waste.. I worked for this company while attending night school and was not happier when I was fired. The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that the management will be there until they can no longer work any more.
Pros
zero
Cons
everything

2.6