Veolia Water Employee Reviews

great company
Operator III (Former Employee) –  Chalmette, LAJanuary 1, 2016
I enjoyed all 12 years with the company. they seem to love the service they provide to there customer. In my 12 years i was never denied a vacation or time off,my supervisor was one of the best he really worked with each employee.
Pros
job security and pay
Cons
healthcare
Veolia Water is a solid firm to work with.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Virgin IslandsNovember 18, 2015
Veolia Water is a great firm that I worked with on a Contract basis building Waste Water Treatment Plants in St. Thomas and St Croix.

They treat everyone fairly and with respect.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Was a lousy place to work management weak
Industrial Wastewater Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Bettendorf, IASeptember 3, 2015
Management could cuss at you tell you were an A@@ hole management encouraged employees to screw over fellow employees human resources would not help they would just tell you to go back to your supervisor they were located in different state
plant operator and process K O H
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Lemont, ILMay 12, 2015
the plant is geared for 2 shifts and the management was NOT able to keep employees.
the work load and responsibility is too great for 1 employee
Pros
the company has great benefits
Cons
mandated overtime of 12 hour days and many 6 day work weeks
Provides a challenging and rewarding experience.
maintenance I&E technician (Current Employee) –  Calvert, ALApril 14, 2015
I am a member of the maintenance team where we provide Instrumentation and Electrical support for the Waste Water Treatment facility in Thyssen Krupp Steel Mill.
Pros
Great to work for.
Cons
Wages not comparable for same position in this area.
Extremely Productive Environment-
Water Quality Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 25, 2015
Great place to learn new skills and apply them. Great manager staff that will help you succeed in becoming a more innovative thinker. increase skill sets. Freedom to learn new methods and get involved.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
no bonus
Appreciate mini breaks throughout the day.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIFebruary 26, 2015
Great place to work, enjoyed the friendship. Learned more every day because everyone can learn something new, coming to work was enjoyable; co-workers were cooperative.
Pros
plenty of work to keep everyone busy.
Cons
need more employees.
Great company to work for
Senior 3D Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, ILDecember 4, 2014
I would go back. Great people. Team work. Helping each other. I would work there if I were a junior looking for work. One of the best companies I ever worked for.
Depends on position and company within Veolia
Process Engineer/Commissioning Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 8, 2014
A great place to work. Very diverse atmosphere with new technologies. Good place to start a career.
Pros
a lot of good people
Cons
promotions, based on friendships, not job performance, unqualified, people promoted as supervisors when others with seniority and better qualifications are passed up.
Very Productive and friendly work environment
Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHMay 4, 2014
Veolia Water was a very good place to work. It kept me very productive and it was very laid back work, very enjoyable. Co-workers and upper management were very professional and friendly. Sometimes the tasks were challenging, but that is always something to look forward to in this career field. I learned better techniques and welding knowledge from this company and it was a pleasure.
A very differnet envirorment
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIMarch 27, 2014
Coming from the air force to veolia water was interesting.Most of the other workers were ex navy since it was a power plant.I learned a lot while i was there.
Productive atmosphere full of opportunities to advance environmental/ health and safety experience
o Safety Coordinator/Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Yukon, OKMarch 11, 2014
A typical day at work involves conducting water and waste water lab tests to ensure compliance with the Department of Environmental Quality, performing preventive maintenance on plant equipment, and monitoring and logging operational data.
GRADE WASTER WATER OPERATOR
grade II wastewater technician (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CAFebruary 27, 2014
I MANAGE A GT, GBT, BP/ CENTRIFUGE.AND DIGESTER. I MANAGE EITHER LOCALLY OR REMOTELY USING SCADA. I COLLECT GRAB SAMPLES THROUGH OUT THE DAY AND PERFORM LAB TEST TO DETERMINE NORMAL OPERATIONS. MAINTAIN PUMPS, VALVS, WEIRS, CLARIFIERS AND RELATED EQUIPMENT. DAILY ROUNDS THROUGHOUT PLANT AND RECORD EQUIPMENT INFORMATION. PULL RAGS AT LIFT STATION AND DERAG BAR SCREENS
Pros
great schedule 4/10
Cons
cost of living is high in area.
It is a sewage plant
Electrical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 27, 2014
The people were good to work with, but I didn't like New Orleans. A typical work day was troubleshooting the SCADA system for problems with communication between devices and the control room.
Management was like any other place, It had good & bad points. Hardest part of the job was dealing with human waste. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
benefits
Cons
the smell
AP/Billing Department - Horrible Place to Work - RUN!!!!!!
Billing Specialist/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2014
The manager was so insecure that she would not do her part of the job to service our internal customer. She would change things in the system and say that an employee did it. Per the supervisor, if the manager do not like you she will not do what's needed to finish your work. The manager is a control freak and will allow the supervisors to belittle the staff. No need to go to Human Resources they are a joke they are for the managers, they do not care about the employees. The manager is so nasty and does not allow staff to grow, she lies on the employees and talk down to staff. The hardest part of the job is to look at management and know that she do not have the employees best interest at heart. The manager wants to sabotage the department. Upper management puts a blind eye on the situation and will not intervene. Poor upper management leadership leads to poor managers leads to poor supervisor leads to POOR Company to work for - RUN!!!!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
manager / supervisors / upper management / hr
good job
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYOctober 3, 2013
saftey was top proiority treatd very well was very easy going atmosphere . plant was very well maintanied.
ok
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 7, 2013
work was always challenging what I learned was more lab experience management was willing to show me new job co-workers worked as a team to do the job every day the most challenging part of my day was when a pump or part of plant wood brake the best part of my day was after start up when every thing started up with no problem
Pros
hasmaz
Cons
shorten life span
I Enjoyed learning about Waste Water with Veolia
Grade I Operator (Former Employee) –  Arvin, CAJanuary 17, 2013
My typical Day at Veolia started with morning stretches with co-workers and discussing previous day water flows. Then we would talk about plan of attack and each worker would be assigned a task or duty that would last him or her the whole day.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
but if an emergency was to arise you have to drop you lunch immediately and handle problem.
Not a terrible place to be
Operator (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 14, 2012
Job pays OK but still less than most operator positions. Benefits are great. Pays for prescription safety glasses and your boots. Work is monotonous and varies from plant to plant. Complexity of the plant usually means more pay.

Management blows so much smoke you would swear they were on fire. Some project managers are laid back, some are Hitlers brother. Higher ups all claim safety is #1 but we work alone most times. more and more work seems to be added on daily and my pay stays the same.

Projects are typically underbid and dont allow for much spending.

Training can be given but it is like getting blood from a stone. You are trained OJT by other operators that either have just gotten lucky or have guessed and checked enough to finally get it right.
Pros
benefits, if you get a good manager and a decent plant you can be a happy operator
Cons
management, no good training, hr can fire you at any time and safety is a joke
productive and fun working in different places
Seasonal Laborer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 5, 2012
outside in whatever the weather was,i learned to install water lines and fire hydrantand so on, i enjoy the management they always tried to help,and the same with co worker we where a team the hardest part is when it was muddy and when we couldnt fine a line the most enjoy able was completing a job