Veolia Water

Veolia Water Employer Reviews

Great company to work for
Senior 3D Piping Designer (Current Employee), Plainfield, ILDecember 4, 2014
I would go back. Great people. Team work. Helping each other. I would work there if I were a junior looking for work. One of the best companies I ever worked for.
Depends on position and company within Veolia
Process Engineer/Commissioning Field Engineer (Former Employee), Cary, NCJune 8, 2014
Pros: a lot of good people
Cons: promotions, based on friendships, not job performance, unqualified, people promoted as supervisors when others with seniority and better qualifications are passed up.
A great place to work. Very diverse atmosphere with new technologies. Good place to start a career.
Very Productive and friendly work environment
Pipe Welder (Former Employee), Vandalia, OHMay 4, 2014
Veolia Water was a very good place to work. It kept me very productive and it was very laid back work, very enjoyable. Co-workers and upper management were very professional and friendly. Sometimes the tasks were challenging, but that is always something to look forward to in this career field. I learned better techniques and welding knowledge from – more... this company and it was a pleasure. – less
A very differnet envirorment
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Jackson, MIMarch 27, 2014
Coming from the air force to veolia water was interesting.Most of the other workers were ex navy since it was a power plant.I learned a lot while i was there.
Productive atmosphere full of opportunities to advance environmental/ health and safety experience
o Safety Coordinator/Plant Operator (Current Employee), Yukon, OKMarch 11, 2014
A typical day at work involves conducting water and waste water lab tests to ensure compliance with the Department of Environmental Quality, performing preventive maintenance on plant equipment, and monitoring and logging operational data.
GRADE WASTER WATER OPERATOR
grade II wastewater technician (Current Employee), Burlingame, CAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: great schedule 4/10
Cons: cost of living is high in area.
I MANAGE A GT, GBT, BP/ CENTRIFUGE.AND DIGESTER. I MANAGE EITHER LOCALLY OR REMOTELY USING SCADA. I COLLECT GRAB SAMPLES THROUGH OUT THE DAY AND PERFORM LAB TEST TO DETERMINE NORMAL OPERATIONS. MAINTAIN PUMPS, VALVS, WEIRS, CLARIFIERS AND RELATED EQUIPMENT. DAILY ROUNDS THROUGHOUT PLANT AND RECORD EQUIPMENT INFORMATION. PULL RAGS AT LIFT STATION AND – more... DERAG BAR SCREENS – less
It is a sewage plant
Electrical Supervisor (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: the smell
The people were good to work with, but I didn't like New Orleans. A typical work day was troubleshooting the SCADA system for problems with communication between devices and the control room.
Management was like any other place, It had good & bad points. Hardest part of the job was dealing with human waste. The most enjoyable part of the job was the – more... people. – less
AP/Billing Department - Horrible Place to Work - RUN!!!!!!
Billing Specialist/Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: manager / supervisors / upper management / hr
The manager was so insecure that she would not do her part of the job to service our internal customer. She would change things in the system and say that an employee did it. Per the supervisor, if the manager do not like you she will not do what's needed to finish your work. The manager is a control freak and will allow the supervisors to belittle – more... the staff. No need to go to Human Resources they are a joke they are for the managers, they do not care about the employees. The manager is so nasty and does not allow staff to grow, she lies on the employees and talk down to staff. The hardest part of the job is to look at management and know that she do not have the employees best interest at heart. The manager wants to sabotage the department. Upper management puts a blind eye on the situation and will not intervene. Poor upper management leadership leads to poor managers leads to poor supervisor leads to POOR Company to work for - RUN!!!!! – less
good job
Production Technician (Former Employee), Oswego, NYOctober 3, 2013
saftey was top proiority treatd very well was very easy going atmosphere . plant was very well maintanied.
ok
Plant Operator (Former Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 7, 2013
Pros: hasmaz
Cons: shorten life span
work was always challenging what I learned was more lab experience management was willing to show me new job co-workers worked as a team to do the job every day the most challenging part of my day was when a pump or part of plant wood brake the best part of my day was after start up when every thing started up with no problem
I Enjoyed learning about Waste Water with Veolia
Grade I Operator (Former Employee), Arvin, CAJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: paid lunches
Cons: but if an emergency was to arise you have to drop you lunch immediately and handle problem.
My typical Day at Veolia started with morning stretches with co-workers and discussing previous day water flows. Then we would talk about plan of attack and each worker would be assigned a task or duty that would last him or her the whole day.
Not a terrible place to be
Operator (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: benefits, if you get a good manager and a decent plant you can be a happy operator
Cons: management, no good training, hr can fire you at any time and safety is a joke
Job pays OK but still less than most operator positions. Benefits are great. Pays for prescription safety glasses and your boots. Work is monotonous and varies from plant to plant. Complexity of the plant usually means more pay.

Management blows so much smoke you would swear they were on fire. Some project managers are laid back, some are Hitlers brother. – more... Higher ups all claim safety is #1 but we work alone most times. more and more work seems to be added on daily and my pay stays the same.

Projects are typically underbid and dont allow for much spending.

Training can be given but it is like getting blood from a stone. You are trained OJT by other operators that either have just gotten lucky or have guessed and checked enough to finally get it right. – less
productive and fun working in different places
Seasonal Laborer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 5, 2012
outside in whatever the weather was,i learned to install water lines and fire hydrantand so on, i enjoy the management they always tried to help,and the same with co worker we where a team the hardest part is when it was muddy and when we couldnt fine a line the most enjoy able was completing a job
Temp contractor sweatshop
Programmer (Former Employee), Moon Twp, PaAugust 15, 2012
Pros: the office is clean
Cons: travel is ridiculus, management is dysfuctional, prepare to be humiliated and harrassed!
Veolia in Moon Twp, Pa. Filled with egotistical managers. Very poor preperation and outright harrassment on the jobsites. You are expected to pay all of your own travel expenses and maybe in a few weeks you may get reimbursed. I don't remember any company lending me money but they seem to think it is ok to use your money.
HR is useless, they only enforce – more... their handbook when it benefits them. They only have one permanent programmer and the rest are at the mercy of the soveriegn leader of engineering.
Good luck if you go there, they could care less about your family life or if they are destroying your budget with expenses.
I rate them below poor! I have been asked to write sysops without any process requirements. Arguements on the jobsite and managers signing off on processes only to be changed by someone else leads to overuns and extended travel. – less

April 17, 2013

I had the same experience with this company company, filled with self opinionated management who could not make a decision without writing an e-mail about it just to be sure the world knew You where expected to fork out for your expenses in the hope that you would get them back and when you raised the issue they really didn't get the point. On top of this there where the french who had no respect for other than co french and treated others with contempt and went out of their way to stab you in the back if they didn't agree with you it was their way or the highway. Generally a bad lot and not worth the job application.

very biased work environment.
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator (Former Employee), roswell ,gaAugust 3, 2012
Pros: decent pay
Cons: project manager is inexperienced in managing a budget.
Maybe a good company to work for outside of north fulton county georgia but the managers on the project were very subpar and very biased if you are not into bowing down and kissing their feet just to stay employed.
life in general
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 6, 2012
I have learnd to try to learn as much as i can on any job
because it my apply somewhere in your life that may not have anythig to do with work. I have goals set in my Life a a plan to get there
project engineer
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Cary, NCJune 5, 2012
design water treatment facilities
prepare bid documents and contract drawings
coworkers are very friendly
great work place
Wastewater Treatment Operator (Current Employee), Kenner, LAApril 18, 2012
Pros: great job...
Cons: no retirement
great place to work.... team work is best known as team and family to get the day done.
Making Baby steps in the right direction as the rest of the world Leaps!
Project Manager (Current Employee), USAMarch 20, 2012
Pros: competitive salary and benefits, plenty of opportunity to work, and move within the organization.
Cons: low work life balance. difficult to take vacation.
Veolia Water North America is a late adopter of technology and the company culture of "do more with less" leads it to roll out poorly created, redundant and mis-applied management and accounting tools.

Veolia HR is improving processes and employee access to benefits information. HR focus is defensive rather than in talent acquisition. There is an internal – more... shuffling or recycling of employees that could be viewed as promoting from within, but is truely the result of not being able to attract the talent to fill positions.

Veolia provides short term value to customers typically through reduced staff size. The reduced staff combined with lack of talent acquisition results in less than advertised service. So where is the long term value? The promoted benefit of service companies such as Veolia is the overhead technical resources and internal networking, but this is the social networking age and most agencies are networked.

Mangement has vastly improved communications within the organization and has embarked on a company branding campaigne. (25th largest employer in the world and no one has heard of them). – less
Implementation of safety standars
HSSE Lead (Former Employee), Muscat, MASeptember 26, 2014
work hard
help to employees
enjoyed meeting Induction people
enjoyed safety culture
Time mangement

About Veolia Water

Veolia ES Solid Waste Services is cleaning up in the waste management market. A unit of Veolia Environmental Services North America, – Read more