Veolia Employee Reviews

did not want leave
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Laplace, LASeptember 18, 2017
the people are not fair and the company it self has no ideal how it's being ran from the inside and i wish the they would visit the office more often because they would see closely.
Pros
Cons
n\a
It was a job but no advancement available to most
Contracts Accountant (Former Employee) –  Wallisville RoadSeptember 13, 2017
I learned some but it is not the best place to work. Their programs are archaic. One of the managers was so controlling that they wanted to schedule bathroom breaks and wanted employees under them to ask permission to interact with each other...There are a lot of politics, and you have to be "in" the group. The days were long, the stress was high, the pay was below market and the supervisors have worked together for too long and they cover each other. Would be best to bring in some new people, fair policies and have the auditors and HR from France to come in on a regular basis. Accountability would force a more positive change.
Pros
Office space
Not worth the stress
Operations and Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WASeptember 11, 2017
This job was not good to me. The management are bullies. They don't care about you, it's all about themselves. Pay is very low for all that you do and raises are not even worth it.
Pros
Benefits offered
Over managed under organized
Site Manager Valero St. Charles facility (Former Employee) –  Norco, LASeptember 5, 2017
Cut throat work environment with little to no self improvement opportunities. I didn't enjoy working with them and would not return to any position offered.
Job scope.
Hydroblaster (Former Employee) –  Ponca city, okSeptember 2, 2017
Veolia is a very competitive company with many opportunities to grow. Its very hands on working with many different skills. Also holds high responsibility with high risks due to all the dangers that apply to refineries and power plants. As of this comes various training and skill.
Good company
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 26, 2017
Work with company that aways concern about there employees and appreciate the work performed by team offer advancement and bonuses communication well with you
No job advancement
Billing Administrator (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXAugust 22, 2017
I have been here for almost 5 years with no room for advancement. I'm very disappointed because I was told they wished they could duplicate me because multi-tasking is my strength and I complete tasks that I have been assigned quickly and without errors.
Pros
Great benefits both medical and financial
Cons
Constant changing of managers. 4 in 4 years.
Productive yet laid back workplace.
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 21, 2017
I really enjoy working with Veolia. I learned a lot about the accounts payable aspect of businesses and how to work from different applications on the computer.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very tedious work
Veolia
Processing Operator (Former Employee) –  New Lenox, ILAugust 14, 2017
The pay was not that bad, great guys to work with. The supervisor was very pleasant to work for. We processed the water for Exelon.
our working space was a semi trailer. the closest bathroom was an outdoor port-a-potty.
Pros
People were very nice and great to work for
Cons
driving a 100 miles a day to and from work.
I enjoyed working for veolia
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAAugust 13, 2017
I spent my day driving to the work site. Preparing waste for shipping. I also perform confined space entry. Lab packing services as well. We also provide on site services for our customers.
Is the dream futuro..
Technician I (Former Employee) –  Ponca City, OKAugust 12, 2017
Is a great Company who giveme the opportunity to learn everiday with good humanity ways and Give me the right tools to make COMPANY GOALS and increased my WORK KNOWLEDGE. The Most I Like in this Company is the HOME Feeling
Very interesting always something new
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  West wood kyAugust 9, 2017
I enjoyed working on various pieces of equipment presses pumps motors anything you could imagine. Learned alit of things from them and I wouldn't trade my experience from there for anything.
The company just the location
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2017
My life was consumed at work and neglecting my children. My GM hounded me daily and did nothing to help. I was told I had to fill in when my manpower was short, however the young Hispanic lady now in my place is not faced with the same challenges I was.
Pros
To time consuming
Cons
Loved my staff
Job is great as long as you working
HYDRO BLAST TECHNICIAN/CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2017
This company is the worst at training their employees. Life balance is the worst I ever seen. Compensation doesn't live up to the labor you put in. I don't see this as a career.
Quiet and friendly workplace
Purchasing Intern (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 7, 2017
My coworkers were extremely friendly and always willing to help me. The work environment was very laid back, with everyone minding their own business.
more office work then in person
" Accounts Payable " (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 7, 2017
a good learning experience in office work, learned a lot of typing, billing, bus parts I also drive around auditing my bus driving making sure they were falling the laws, polices and companies procedures. making sure the drivers were keeping our customers safe.
Pros
correcting and training my employees in how to keep our customers safe
Cons
when having to give the drivers tickets and Suspend them for not diving safe
Manager was not fair to hispanics
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILAugust 5, 2017
Fast paced. Not boring but they did not train well and manager was racist against hispanics. Did not communicate well and had limited knowledge of job
Pros
Bonuses for upsells free lunches on occasions
Cons
Manager was not qualified to lead
Equipment needs help
Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 3, 2017
Although this company did allow me to get my foot in the door at the valero site, their equipment and enviroment were hard to look up to. Management and equipment has changed since I was last there in 2007, I only have my past experience to speak of.
Pros
Work was always going on
Cons
Paid every two weeks
Very Professional Work Environment
Operator/ Technician (Current Employee) –  Laplace, LAAugust 2, 2017
Veolia is a great company to work for with great benefits and an awesome work environment. The pay is great and there are plenty of opportunities to grow within the company.
Maintenance engineer in sewage treatment plant
Shift incharge (Current Employee) –  New Delhi, ILAugust 2, 2017
Veolia water is a place where I improve myself with immense knowledge , gaining a hard performance and experience here . I enjoyed a good quality of staff and facility regarding mess .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veolia. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval