Veolia Employee Reviews

Productive and great place to learn
Environmental Specialist III, Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIFebruary 5, 2017
Overall its a great place to advance you're career. They train you the right way and you learn a lot within the first couple years. Co workers are the best and the overall safety culture is also very important to everyone.
Pros
management and coworkers
Cons
travel
productive fun place with pool table, ping pong table, ect.
SERVICE QUALITY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 4, 2016
A typical day at work, insist of Manage/supervise, direct and monitor road operations including but not limited to ensuring bus operators perform to the standards set by Transdev, Federal and State DOT, FTA and Nassau County. I've learned how to work out a "daily plan" to assure regular review of route, operator behavior, safety is met as well as to anticipate anything that could impact on time service goals.
Management, is very knowledgeable and willing to help those who are willing to learn. Coworkers are great, we are all very team oriented. Hardest part of the job is knowing there is no advancement unless you move/transfer elsewhere. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to enhance my skills, and learning every day.
Pros
Everyday is not the same
Cons
may not have time for a lunch break
Too much favoritism from management towards certain people
Driver / Operator (Former Employee) –  New Lenox, ILMarch 2, 2017
False presentation at interview. They will tell you, and promise you things that are not true. If they could be up front about everything about the job, and follow through with what they say, the job would be good. Management needs to be better. Fellow workers are helpful, thoughtful, and considerate people.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Work and pay
Nice place to start a new career
Corporate HSE Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2017
nice.Very nice place to work. Co-workers are very nice. Everything was just nice until the company restructured and started the reduction of force without many options.
Pros
good benefits, paid holidays, pto.
Cons
changes in upper management with new policies
Career advancement
Project Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXSeptember 13, 2016
There was no career path in terms of advancement. A typical workday is a 12 hour shift inside petrochemical refineries, chemical refineries, power plants, and industrial plants. I learned a lot about safety, health and environmental, project management including planning and scheduling. Management was inconsistent, and my co-workers were manageable. The hardest part of the job is working in the elements for longer periods of time. The most enjoyable part of the job is completing scheduled projects ahead of schedule.
Pros
Networking
Cons
No career path
good job
filter press operator (Current Employee) –  cheshire ohioFebruary 28, 2017
Its a good job pays well we have new management so will have to wait and see how they are co workers are easy to get along with also
Pros
pretty much if ur doing ur job to the best of ur ability everyone leaves u alone
Cons
Good
Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  MarylandDecember 6, 2016
I believe the overall experience I gained while working at Transdev was essential to my development as a Supervisor and to further my growth in the field of Transportaion.
Benefits
Cons
Low Level Management
Beware getting hurt
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 2, 2017
While I really enjoyed my job and time working here, don't get hurt on the job. I worked here for about 8 years, was hurt on the job twice. The second time, I was denied any worker's comp, as they denied I was hurt at work. I was unable to get full proper medical attention for my injury, and as such was unable to fully heal from it. One week after I was finally able to return to work, I was terminated for "unexcused absence". Even though I was under doctor's care and unable to drive during that time.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management
I feel is a good and professional company to work for unfortunately we lost the transit cotract
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 22, 2016
Needed corporate to act on the administrations raises and retro pay that was never paid out,I feel it was prolong for much to long and we were laid off without the pay
Pros
Some cross training it could have been more of the cross training
Cons
Did not give Administrative a pay raise for four years
Not the greatest place to work
Explosives (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYJanuary 23, 2017
Foreman's were great. They were hard workers and would stand right beside you and work. You worked very long hours and was out of town a lot when you worked. There probationary period is ridiculous it is 90 work days, but your on call 24/7 and the call outs don't rotate. So you might get to work 1 or 2 days a week or 2 days in a month. It all depends.
Pros
get to travvel
Cons
you could Fget blowed up handling explosives, Fall asleep driving do to long hours, starve to death waiting on the call out to go to work
Very serious work place. Safety is the utmost important
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXDecember 28, 2016
As a CDL class A truck driver for Veolia you can expect that a typical work day will have to be well planned and managed. Also expect to work 12-14 hours of loading and offloading chemical waste within the confines of a refinery. And you will have to remain alert and practice safety precautions prior, during and through the completion of each work task. Safety is above all when operating the heavy machinery (Vac Trucks)!
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
refinery environment, chemical waste
Unorganized, Lots of OT
Assisstant Dispatch/Technician (Former Employee) –  North East, MDMarch 19, 2017
When hired was told that i would work strictly on-site to learn processes and to keep the shop and garage cleaned up. I ended up traveling all day everyday driving anywhere from Florida to Maine. Occasionally was sent to work on jobs in plants with absolutely no experience with any chemicals or industrial equipment.
Pros
Benefits and unlimited overtime
Cons
No life with working unllimited hours all the time. 24/7 on-call
Family Oriented, Great Benefits, Communicate with employees, Longevity
Scheduler/Planner (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 29, 2017
Veolia take good care of their employees. It is a company you can work 30+ years. The company has great benefits, and support their employees bettering their education. Veolia pushes employees to cross-train for different positions and learn on the job. Each day varies.
Pros
Provide on the job training.
Cons
Low pay for certain positions.
Great Company with Management Complexities
Design-Build Engineering & Construction (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 28, 2017
Too many Indian Chiefs and not enough Indians.

Excellent Product Line and Engineering Staff Services.

Employees friendly and cooperative.

A great deal of stress due to Sales selling what can not be produced.

Limitations as a General Contractor.
Pros
Positive International Company
Cons
Management Interaction and Support
VWT Review
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHSeptember 15, 2016
The benefits and compensation at Veolia are fantastic. It would be difficult t find benefits of this nature at another facility in this area. The work life balance is also good.
Pros
Food Truck
Cons
Poor Morale
Poor training and Management
Operator (Former Employee) –  Garyville, LAJuly 14, 2016
You have to be a good ol' boy to move up in this company. They do a horrible job training even when you directly ask for help and then tell you your doing poor work! People are always calling in sick and they aren't staffed well so we were always called in our on call days. No one enjoys working there, but the pay is hard to give up.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
long days, dirty work, poor management, poor training, little room for advancing
Okay place to work
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXDecember 20, 2016
typical 12hrs shift, general 0700-1930
management changes depending on the plant that your working at each day. After awhile everyone gets to know you. Co-workers are easy to get along with, generally speaking most of the time the work is not hard, just set up and break down
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
too much traveling
Many changes since 2013
Director, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 1, 2017
2013 the bottom fell out when CEO left. Many people lost their jobs because the company merged three divisions. Unfortunately, some of the most talented people were termed.
The hardest Part of the Job
TSR (Former Employee) –  Wantagh, NYMarch 16, 2017
The hardest part about this job is learning all the codes and understanding everything. Other than that it was a great job and the employees are all very helpful. Was very sad to leave.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Great company to start off at and gain process operating experience.
Tank Farm Operator (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXMarch 7, 2017
Decent pay, great employees to work with/for. If you are like myself and never worked in the refinery, this is an amazing place to gain experience and knowlege.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Lack of training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veolia. Our community is ready to answer.