Veolia Employee Reviews

Guaranteed work but extensive travel
Catalyst Technician (Former Employee) –  USAAugust 20, 2016
Great company to work for with great benefits. Learned a lot about power plants, refineries and various other industries. Working for this company also entailed extensive travel to various locations but this provided a way to network with other employees and customers.
It's a brotherhood here among workers
Technician/Crew leader (Former Employee) –  Clute, TXFebruary 11, 2016
This is a great place to work if you are trying to get plant experience and just starting out in the industry. It starts at $14 an hr but it is a dangerous job and the company will help you get a CDL. You can learn a lot from the workers here but there are some crew leaders who don't know what they're doing and not knowing what time you will get off work is terrible. You may be sent home early if there is no work or you are on standby for so long or you may stay 16 hrs. If you work hard, show up on time and update about jobs, you will move up fast....however...expect to see a ton of hours because of that. Also BASF veolia isn't allowed to leave the plant like DOW or have a cafeteria like DOW. You need to bring your lunch or buy from another companies vending machine that has burgers/chili dogs and sandwiches. You can also order your food and have them meet you at the gate but you must pay through the gate. If you exit the gate you will be docked 30 mins.
Pros
benefits, bonuses, CDL help, cool workers, hours, jobs are easy
Cons
long hours without knowing off time, Veolia in BASF cannot leave the plant or have a cafeteria like DOW for food.
Career advancement
Project Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXSeptember 13, 2016
There was no career path in terms of advancement. A typical workday is a 12 hour shift inside petrochemical refineries, chemical refineries, power plants, and industrial plants. I learned a lot about safety, health and environmental, project management including planning and scheduling. Management was inconsistent, and my co-workers were manageable. The hardest part of the job is working in the elements for longer periods of time. The most enjoyable part of the job is completing scheduled projects ahead of schedule.
Pros
Networking
Cons
No career path
Great Place to Work
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 3, 2016
Awesome atmosphere friendly management. Family feel with organization aimed at the betterment of the state as a whole. Wonderful benefits and time off.
Benefits
Cons
Ran too effenciently
Great co wokers awesome supervisor except for a few
Technician II (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJune 13, 2016
Pay is below mediocre. The hours are there for those want it. hard to take a day of without being reprimanded for it. don't answer your phone one day expect to lose a couple days off of work.Hard to schedule personal social events when on call. you dont have a fixed schedule and it would be fine if the pay was better but at around 15.00 hardly seems worth it. There is opportunities for advancement are there for those that are yes men and work non stop.
Pros
Plenty of available hours during turnarounds
Cons
No schedule, rotating shifts, on call, low pay
It was a large company with all the advantages and flaws of one
Water and Energy Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  based in Atlanta,GASeptember 5, 2016
I began with Crown Solutions and a short time after we were acquired by Veolia N.A.. The work was exciting onsite but the headaches of running large projects, heavy travel and senior management that could get their act together by the time I left pushed me to go out on my own.
Pros
Exciting cutting edge equipment, chemical and new strategies for doing our jobs.
Cons
All the problems in leadership bringing two companies together
Former mobility driver
Mobility Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 1, 2016
Veolia was a good company to work for when they were Yellow Van service . But since they become more of a corporate environment . They don't care about the older drivers whom have been there for 13 plus years. All they care about is montoring the dash cam and looking for reasons to fire drivers.
Pros
there really no pros maybe other drivers . Thanks to teamsters the pay has gotten better
Cons
short sighted management . No regards for the older experience drivers
Transportation environment with an opportunity to advance
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 15, 2016
On a typical day-to-day basis, I was faced with being able to tolerate all types of attitudes and personalities because of the various types of disabilities that each individual person may have possessed. This division of the Transportation industry afforded more of an opportunity to understand what is truly meant by door-to-door service as opposed to a particular set route that the professional bus operators have and this position gave an opportunity to learn more about how to get around Baltimore.
Pros
different schedules
The benefits are pretty good.
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 16, 2016
The communication between upper management and the first line employees is very poor. More proper training is needed, especially when it is in reference to dealing with irate customers. Employees shouldn't be rushed out of training until all necessary information has been presented.
Pros
Free lunches are agood benefit of the job.
Safety first workplace
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Gibson, OKNovember 1, 2016
This is a safety driven work place. Some days were very busy and long hours and other days were not as busy and 8 hour days. This was decided depending on the customers request.
Ever changing environment with new challenges daily
Wastewater/ Power & Energy Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 22, 2016
Very exciting work environment that is continually changing. I enjoy the many different facets of the job, working with Human Relations, Safety, Maintenance, purchasing and many more highly qualified individuals.
Pros
Mentally stimulating environment
Cons
no room for advancement opportunities
Great place to start out and move up, the management at the Borger site are respectful and help out
Operator (Current Employee) –  Borger, TXSeptember 27, 2016
I enjoy working there, a lot of hands on offered and showed how to do something, great place to move up, management is respectful and easy to get along with.
Productive team, informative and helpful superiors, good work environment
Environmental Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 12, 2016
Informative and helpful superiors, good work environment. Numerous opportunities to grow. Conveniently located therefor easy to travel to work. While handling numerous flammable, reactive and oxidizers as well as being a labor intensive job, I always felt safe. Participated in weekly safety calls to ensure safety in the workplace.
Pros
Location, great people
Cons
insurance rates
Na
Oil Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 11, 2016
Ok company to work for management, is ok coworkers are awesome, work is fun there's nothing more to say about the company
Just another cog on the wheel
Hydroblast Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Clute, TXAugust 26, 2016
My impression of Veolia is that they couldn't care less about individual employees. They just need enough bodies to complete projects and keep making a profit. Lately the equipment has not been maintained very well which makes each job harder than it needs to be,
Pros
Decent paychecks if you're able to work 70+ hours
Cons
Everything else?
enjoy working with my co-workers
Dispatcher - Dispatches (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2016
It can be a stressful day, when management is always bumping heads with the employees. I am one who likes to improve myself, I have had six jobs since I've been at this location, because I like to learn all I can about the company that I work with.
Pros
I am close to my work.
Cons
stressful, management
procuctive
Operator/Driver (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, ILOctober 19, 2016
training intense but overall with good work ethic and hard work, good place to work. Hired for day shift. A shift change occurred. I suppose when hiring individuals, these could be addressed as a possibility of occurring during employment.
Pros
good equipment
Cons
health
Not a horrible place to work.
Environmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Jackson, OHJuly 20, 2016
Upper management is pretty out of touch with workings of field guys. You will work a ton of variable hours throughout the week so any balance between work and home is difficult to maintain.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 4, 2016
Regular day at work, pre-trip my bus making sure it's safe for on the road driving and for my passengers SAFETY FIRST!!!!!!!!!. As the day goes on it is a great day when I have safely drove passengers across the city of Greensboro.
Pros
SAFETY
Cons
Focus on safe driving.
Review
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 6, 2016
It was an easy environment to work in. Hardest part was being on call with no set schedule. Co-workers made it easier to learn areas.
Pros
Learning new set of skills to take to other companies
Cons
Seasonal, work dies down near end of the year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veolia. Our community is ready to answer.