Veolia Employee Reviews

Veolia North America
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 15, 2017
I started with Veolia in August of 2016 and it was wonderful. I worked on team with 5 other recruiters. If there was another opening I would be happy to go back.
good job
Operator Lead (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CAFebruary 13, 2017
job was good I learned a lot and it ws fun I also did a lot of traveling around the country so it was great I met a lot of interesting people as well if you like lots of over time this is the place to be
Pros
lots of over time
Cons
no time off
Productive and great place to learn
Environmental Specialist III, Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIFebruary 5, 2017
Overall its a great place to advance you're career. They train you the right way and you learn a lot within the first couple years. Co workers are the best and the overall safety culture is also very important to everyone.
Pros
management and coworkers
Cons
travel
Land of Opportunity
Truck Driver/ Operator/Hydro-Blasting Tech (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 1, 2017
I enjoyed working for Veolia Environmental Services and some employees. I got the opportunity to learn alot of crafts above my pay grade in the event to help increase production by being trained to safely operate various equipment in case we are short staffed and/or an incident happens.
Pros
Sky is the Limit on learning new crafts, Given opportunities for pay increase based on Skills Learned, Always Work Safe
Cons
Certain Supervisors cutting corners on projects, Working in congested areas, Horseplaying on the jobsite
Many changes since 2013
Director, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 1, 2017
2013 the bottom fell out when CEO left. Many people lost their jobs because the company merged three divisions. Unfortunately, some of the most talented people were termed.
Various opportunities
Division Mgr of Industrial/Landfill Services (Former Employee) –  Norway, MIJanuary 31, 2017
Well established company with opportunities at levels from entry to management. Company no longer services the local area, but has sites nationwide.
Good start
Summer Internship, Veolia Energy North America (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 31, 2017
Enjoyed the particular group of people I worked with. The company structure as a whole needs a lot of work. Chronically understaffed and will not hire new people, even from in house.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Understaffed
Nice place to start a new career
Corporate HSE Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2017
nice.Very nice place to work. Co-workers are very nice. Everything was just nice until the company restructured and started the reduction of force without many options.
Pros
good benefits, paid holidays, pto.
Cons
changes in upper management with new policies
Family Oriented, Great Benefits, Communicate with employees, Longevity
Scheduler/Planner (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 29, 2017
Veolia take good care of their employees. It is a company you can work 30+ years. The company has great benefits, and support their employees bettering their education. Veolia pushes employees to cross-train for different positions and learn on the job. Each day varies.
Pros
Provide on the job training.
Cons
Low pay for certain positions.
long term strategy is about 3 months
Employee (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2017
Not very long term view - only looks at next quarter - if you want a paycheck while you are looking then it could be OK. Nice people that work there is a plus.
Pros
a paycheck
excellent
Environmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 27, 2017
Great place to work with a lot of room for advancement. Also great for networking with other potential jobs. If you like to travel then this is the perfect place to be.
Pros
pay
Cons
travel
worked in refinery in south texas
Hydro-blasting Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX 78405January 25, 2017
work was great people were fantastic i always had 40 +hours a week but never had a break which wore me out its hard work but its a lot of fun and great money
Not the greatest place to work
Explosives (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYJanuary 23, 2017
Foreman's were great. They were hard workers and would stand right beside you and work. You worked very long hours and was out of town a lot when you worked. There probationary period is ridiculous it is 90 work days, but your on call 24/7 and the call outs don't rotate. So you might get to work 1 or 2 days a week or 2 days in a month. It all depends.
Pros
get to travvel
Cons
you could Fget blowed up handling explosives, Fall asleep driving do to long hours, starve to death waiting on the call out to go to work
good place to work
Safety Coordinator/ Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Saltville, VAJanuary 17, 2017
it was a good place to work. It was outdoors work, running equipment and being productive. Pay was good and the benefits where some of the best I've had.
Division Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockdale, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Devoted to furthering businesses that have a good outlook of profitability. Unlimited resources for business segments that are producing.
A company with a lot of potential
Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Veolia has a long history of good hard work and long lasting work relationships. There is some work to be made as far as being organized and better support from corporate management.
Upper management cant be trusted.
Site Manager / Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJanuary 4, 2017
When I was hired, I was told when the project I was hired to manage was completed. That there would be another project for me to move too. Layed off 1 week before the holidays. Real classy...
Pros
benifits
Cons
lies
Beware getting hurt
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 2, 2017
While I really enjoyed my job and time working here, don't get hurt on the job. I worked here for about 8 years, was hurt on the job twice. The second time, I was denied any worker's comp, as they denied I was hurt at work. I was unable to get full proper medical attention for my injury, and as such was unable to fully heal from it. One week after I was finally able to return to work, I was terminated for "unexcused absence". Even though I was under doctor's care and unable to drive during that time.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management
Very serious work place. Safety is the utmost important
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXDecember 28, 2016
As a CDL class A truck driver for Veolia you can expect that a typical work day will have to be well planned and managed. Also expect to work 12-14 hours of loading and offloading chemical waste within the confines of a refinery. And you will have to remain alert and practice safety precautions prior, during and through the completion of each work task. Safety is above all when operating the heavy machinery (Vac Trucks)!
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
refinery environment, chemical waste
Okay place to work
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXDecember 20, 2016
typical 12hrs shift, general 0700-1930
management changes depending on the plant that your working at each day. After awhile everyone gets to know you. Co-workers are easy to get along with, generally speaking most of the time the work is not hard, just set up and break down
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
too much traveling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veolia. Our community is ready to answer.