Veolia Employee Reviews

Beware getting hurt
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 2, 2017
While I really enjoyed my job and time working here, don't get hurt on the job. I worked here for about 8 years, was hurt on the job twice. The second time, I was denied any worker's comp, as they denied I was hurt at work. I was unable to get full proper medical attention for my injury, and as such was unable to fully heal from it. One week after I was finally able to return to work, I was terminated for "unexcused absence". Even though I was under doctor's care and unable to drive during that time.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management
Very serious work place. Safety is the utmost important
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXDecember 28, 2016
As a CDL class A truck driver for Veolia you can expect that a typical work day will have to be well planned and managed. Also expect to work 12-14 hours of loading and offloading chemical waste within the confines of a refinery. And you will have to remain alert and practice safety precautions prior, during and through the completion of each work task. Safety is above all when operating the heavy machinery (Vac Trucks)!
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
refinery environment, chemical waste
Transportation environment with an opportunity to advance
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 15, 2016
On a typical day-to-day basis, I was faced with being able to tolerate all types of attitudes and personalities because of the various types of disabilities that each individual person may have possessed. This division of the Transportation industry afforded more of an opportunity to understand what is truly meant by door-to-door service as opposed to a particular set route that the professional bus operators have and this position gave an opportunity to learn more about how to get around Baltimore.
Pros
different schedules
Former mobility driver
Mobility Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 1, 2016
Veolia was a good company to work for when they were Yellow Van service . But since they become more of a corporate environment . They don't care about the older drivers whom have been there for 13 plus years. All they care about is montoring the dash cam and looking for reasons to fire drivers.
Pros
there really no pros maybe other drivers . Thanks to teamsters the pay has gotten better
Cons
short sighted management . No regards for the older experience drivers
Career advancement
Project Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXSeptember 13, 2016
There was no career path in terms of advancement. A typical workday is a 12 hour shift inside petrochemical refineries, chemical refineries, power plants, and industrial plants. I learned a lot about safety, health and environmental, project management including planning and scheduling. Management was inconsistent, and my co-workers were manageable. The hardest part of the job is working in the elements for longer periods of time. The most enjoyable part of the job is completing scheduled projects ahead of schedule.
Pros
Networking
Cons
No career path
The benefits are pretty good.
Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 16, 2016
The communication between upper management and the first line employees is very poor. More proper training is needed, especially when it is in reference to dealing with irate customers. Employees shouldn't be rushed out of training until all necessary information has been presented.
Pros
Free lunches are agood benefit of the job.
It was a large company with all the advantages and flaws of one
Water and Energy Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  based in Atlanta,GASeptember 5, 2016
I began with Crown Solutions and a short time after we were acquired by Veolia N.A.. The work was exciting onsite but the headaches of running large projects, heavy travel and senior management that could get their act together by the time I left pushed me to go out on my own.
Pros
Exciting cutting edge equipment, chemical and new strategies for doing our jobs.
Cons
All the problems in leadership bringing two companies together
Okay place to work
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXDecember 20, 2016
typical 12hrs shift, general 0700-1930
management changes depending on the plant that your working at each day. After awhile everyone gets to know you. Co-workers are easy to get along with, generally speaking most of the time the work is not hard, just set up and break down
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
too much traveling
Just another cog on the wheel
Hydroblast Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Clute, TXAugust 26, 2016
My impression of Veolia is that they couldn't care less about individual employees. They just need enough bodies to complete projects and keep making a profit. Lately the equipment has not been maintained very well which makes each job harder than it needs to be,
Pros
Decent paychecks if you're able to work 70+ hours
Cons
Everything else?
procuctive
Operator/Driver (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, ILOctober 19, 2016
training intense but overall with good work ethic and hard work, good place to work. Hired for day shift. A shift change occurred. I suppose when hiring individuals, these could be addressed as a possibility of occurring during employment.
Pros
good equipment
Cons
health
Productive team, informative and helpful superiors, good work environment
Environmental Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 12, 2016
Informative and helpful superiors, good work environment. Numerous opportunities to grow. Conveniently located therefor easy to travel to work. While handling numerous flammable, reactive and oxidizers as well as being a labor intensive job, I always felt safe. Participated in weekly safety calls to ensure safety in the workplace.
Pros
Location, great people
Cons
insurance rates
Upper management cant be trusted.
Site Manager / Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJanuary 4, 2017
When I was hired, I was told when the project I was hired to manage was completed. That there would be another project for me to move too. Layed off 1 week before the holidays. Real classy...
Pros
benifits
Cons
lies
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 4, 2016
Regular day at work, pre-trip my bus making sure it's safe for on the road driving and for my passengers SAFETY FIRST!!!!!!!!!. As the day goes on it is a great day when I have safely drove passengers across the city of Greensboro.
Pros
SAFETY
Cons
Focus on safe driving.
Guaranteed work but extensive travel
Catalyst Technician (Former Employee) –  USAAugust 20, 2016
Great company to work for with great benefits. Learned a lot about power plants, refineries and various other industries. Working for this company also entailed extensive travel to various locations but this provided a way to network with other employees and customers.
Review
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 6, 2016
It was an easy environment to work in. Hardest part was being on call with no set schedule. Co-workers made it easier to learn areas.
Pros
Learning new set of skills to take to other companies
Cons
Seasonal, work dies down near end of the year.
Highly Educated
Project Manager/Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CAAugust 28, 2016
The Rialto Water Project, has some of the best people brought on to make this project a positive project. The hardest part of the project is to get all parties involved on the same page
Pros
highly educated personnel
Cons
many different parties involved in project
A typical day at work
Driver-Refuse Collection (Former Employee) –  Moody, ALNovember 2, 2016
Picking up garbage on route and transporting materials to disposal site. Also i assist the helper with lifting materials up to 75 lbs.
Pros
Keeping the roads clean
Cons
disposing other trash in a disposal lot
A company with a lot of potential
Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 5, 2017
Veolia has a long history of good hard work and long lasting work relationships. There is some work to be made as far as being organized and better support from corporate management.
Great co wokers awesome supervisor except for a few
Technician II (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJune 13, 2016
Pay is below mediocre. The hours are there for those want it. hard to take a day of without being reprimanded for it. don't answer your phone one day expect to lose a couple days off of work.Hard to schedule personal social events when on call. you dont have a fixed schedule and it would be fine if the pay was better but at around 15.00 hardly seems worth it. There is opportunities for advancement are there for those that are yes men and work non stop.
Pros
Plenty of available hours during turnarounds
Cons
No schedule, rotating shifts, on call, low pay
Great place to start out and move up, the management at the Borger site are respectful and help out
Operator (Current Employee) –  Borger, TXSeptember 27, 2016
I enjoy working there, a lot of hands on offered and showed how to do something, great place to move up, management is respectful and easy to get along with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veolia. Our community is ready to answer.