Veolia Employee Reviews

Great co wokers awesome supervisor except for a few
Technician II (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJune 13, 2016
Pay is below mediocre. The hours are there for those want it. hard to take a day of without being reprimanded for it. don't answer your phone one day expect to lose a couple days off of work.Hard to schedule personal social events when on call. you dont have a fixed schedule and it would be fine if the pay was better but at around 15.00 hardly seems worth it. There is opportunities for advancement are there for those that are yes men and work non stop.
Pros
Plenty of available hours during turnarounds
Cons
No schedule, rotating shifts, on call, low pay
Safety first workplace
Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Gibson, OKNovember 1, 2016
This is a safety driven work place. Some days were very busy and long hours and other days were not as busy and 8 hour days. This was decided depending on the customers request.
Various opportunities
Division Mgr of Industrial/Landfill Services (Former Employee) –  Norway, MIJanuary 31, 2017
Well established company with opportunities at levels from entry to management. Company no longer services the local area, but has sites nationwide.
long term strategy is about 3 months
Employee (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2017
Not very long term view - only looks at next quarter - if you want a paycheck while you are looking then it could be OK. Nice people that work there is a plus.
Pros
a paycheck
Great place to start out and move up, the management at the Borger site are respectful and help out
Operator (Current Employee) –  Borger, TXSeptember 27, 2016
I enjoy working there, a lot of hands on offered and showed how to do something, great place to move up, management is respectful and easy to get along with.
Good start
Summer Internship, Veolia Energy North America (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 31, 2017
Enjoyed the particular group of people I worked with. The company structure as a whole needs a lot of work. Chronically understaffed and will not hire new people, even from in house.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes
Cons
Understaffed
good job
Operator Lead (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CAFebruary 13, 2017
job was good I learned a lot and it ws fun I also did a lot of traveling around the country so it was great I met a lot of interesting people as well if you like lots of over time this is the place to be
Pros
lots of over time
Cons
no time off
Review
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 6, 2016
It was an easy environment to work in. Hardest part was being on call with no set schedule. Co-workers made it easier to learn areas.
Pros
Learning new set of skills to take to other companies
Cons
Seasonal, work dies down near end of the year.
Veolia North America
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 15, 2017
I started with Veolia in August of 2016 and it was wonderful. I worked on team with 5 other recruiters. If there was another opening I would be happy to go back.
worked in refinery in south texas
Hydro-blasting Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX 78405January 25, 2017
work was great people were fantastic i always had 40 +hours a week but never had a break which wore me out its hard work but its a lot of fun and great money
Na
Oil Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 11, 2016
Ok company to work for management, is ok coworkers are awesome, work is fun there's nothing more to say about the company
procuctive
Operator/Driver (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, ILOctober 19, 2016
training intense but overall with good work ethic and hard work, good place to work. Hired for day shift. A shift change occurred. I suppose when hiring individuals, these could be addressed as a possibility of occurring during employment.
Pros
good equipment
Cons
health
Ever changing environment with new challenges daily
Wastewater/ Power & Energy Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 22, 2016
Very exciting work environment that is continually changing. I enjoy the many different facets of the job, working with Human Relations, Safety, Maintenance, purchasing and many more highly qualified individuals.
Pros
Mentally stimulating environment
Cons
no room for advancement opportunities
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 4, 2016
Regular day at work, pre-trip my bus making sure it's safe for on the road driving and for my passengers SAFETY FIRST!!!!!!!!!. As the day goes on it is a great day when I have safely drove passengers across the city of Greensboro.
Pros
SAFETY
Cons
Focus on safe driving.
Division Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockdale, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Devoted to furthering businesses that have a good outlook of profitability. Unlimited resources for business segments that are producing.
A typical day at work
Driver-Refuse Collection (Former Employee) –  Moody, ALNovember 2, 2016
Picking up garbage on route and transporting materials to disposal site. Also i assist the helper with lifting materials up to 75 lbs.
Pros
Keeping the roads clean
Cons
disposing other trash in a disposal lot
Just another cog on the wheel
Hydroblast Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Clute, TXAugust 26, 2016
My impression of Veolia is that they couldn't care less about individual employees. They just need enough bodies to complete projects and keep making a profit. Lately the equipment has not been maintained very well which makes each job harder than it needs to be,
Pros
Decent paychecks if you're able to work 70+ hours
Cons
Everything else?
Better for Wastewater Workers
Office Manager / Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seymour, CTJuly 22, 2014
Veolia Water- is a decent employer, but if you are not willing to travel considerable distance to a corporate office, you are stuck in a sewer plant. Unless you are planning a career in waste water and not in accounting and finance. Hardest part of my job is dealing with the public. Professionalism is a must when dealing with the public. As an Administrative Assistant you are consistently undervalued without regard to individual competencies. Any and all raises are capped at 2.5 to 3% per year, which is a blow to morale. The best part of Veolia Water is its generous Health Care Benefit and I have never seen its equal.
Pros
Benefits and Vacation policy
Cons
Slow to non-existent promotions and small raises.
Interesting yet physical work
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  North East, MDMay 17, 2015
Typical workday is as varied as the jobs. Due to a loss of contracts, I didn't work there long enough, or enough hours weekly, to make an informed opinion.

I did learn many aspects of industrial cleaning and high pressure water blasting.

Management seemed ready and willing to tackle any job, and to help workforce to succeed.

My co-workers were very helpful, knowledgeable, and hard workers.

Hardest part of job was being "on call."

Best part was learning and doing new things.
Pros
Good pay and decent benefits. (Some prevailing wage.)
Cons
On call, hard to get 40 hr. week
Not a terrible place to be
Operator (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 14, 2012
Job pays OK but still less than most operator positions. Benefits are great. Pays for prescription safety glasses and your boots. Work is monotonous and varies from plant to plant. Complexity of the plant usually means more pay.

Management blows so much smoke you would swear they were on fire. Some project managers are laid back, some are Hitlers brother. Higher ups all claim safety is #1 but we work alone most times. more and more work seems to be added on daily and my pay stays the same.

Projects are typically underbid and dont allow for much spending.

Training can be given but it is like getting blood from a stone. You are trained OJT by other operators that either have just gotten lucky or have guessed and checked enough to finally get it right.
Pros
benefits, if you get a good manager and a decent plant you can be a happy operator
Cons
management, no good training, hr can fire you at any time and safety is a joke

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veolia. Our community is ready to answer.