Veolia Employee Reviews

Contributing to the Community While Being Safe
Risk Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 21, 2016
A typical day at work would be to run reports, scan documents into file, trouble shoot on maintainers' computers, maintain EAM program, add or take away assets, supply track man ans signal maintainers with equipment to make repairs,
I have learned about the different procedures that are required in order to successfully maintain a railroad and all components involved.
The management is like a big family and treat coworkers with respect. My co-workers are a team of individuals that work together to consistently ensure we are on tasks by having weekly meetings and goals to accomplish. The hardest part of the job is the endless hours that can be involved. The most rewarding part of this job is knowing that we keep people safe and get their goods where they need to be. Also knowing that we have a good team of individuals who are dedicated to their work,
Great co wokers awesome supervisor except for a few
Technician II (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJune 13, 2016
Pay is below mediocre. The hours are there for those want it. hard to take a day of without being reprimanded for it. don't answer your phone one day expect to lose a couple days off of work.Hard to schedule personal social events when on call. you dont have a fixed schedule and it would be fine if the pay was better but at around 15.00 hardly seems worth it. There is opportunities for advancement are there for those that are yes men and work non stop.
Pros
Plenty of available hours during turnarounds
Cons
No schedule, rotating shifts, on call, low pay
Not sure who my Manager might be next...
Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 25, 2016
While I enjoyed working on my team, it was challenging going through 6 managers in 4 years. There was nice flexibility in my schedule, and my team was always understanding of my personal needs.
Large Company
Oil Recovery Operator (Current Employee) –  Exxon Mobil, Joliet RefineryMay 23, 2016
Veolia is a global size company that offers decent pay and competitive benefits. More travel is required than first anticipated but the job leads to more oppritunity to learn.
Productive fun
Administrative Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 13, 2016
This Job is not very Challenging however the work enviornment is very fun. Task that need to be handled are performed in a timely manner.
Great Place to Work
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 3, 2016
Awesome atmosphere friendly management. Family feel with organization aimed at the betterment of the state as a whole. Wonderful benefits and time off.
Benefits
Cons
Ran too effenciently
Excellent Co-workers, terrible corporate
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 24, 2016
The only reason people stay is because of their fellow co-workers. The area is a great place to work in, but corporate management has ruined a once bright future for this company. Too much budgetary oversight with no actual knowledge of the needs of the divisions.
terrible
Operator II (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXApril 19, 2016
Its amazing that this place is still in business. Managers fight for power at the expense of low level emplyees. There;s no such thing as days off or family time. instead of working here just off yourself.
Pros
Cons
everything
enjoyed my co workers
DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 16, 2016
steady work overtime offered daily great work environment friendly atmosphere I would refer this company to anyone a great company to dispatch for
benefits
Cons
high turn over
Flexible work environment
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARApril 3, 2016
My job consisted of working 2-3 hours a week testing the heating and cooling systems for Harding University. Although the hours were low, my supervisors were very helpful and left me to do my job. The workplace was small but private which let me focus on my work.
Pros
Set my own work schedule
Cons
Low hours
working in weather conditions
Utility (Former Employee) –  Marysville, CAMarch 31, 2016
youre either freezing or burning up depending on weather condition.
typical day at work consisted of late nights, but good times with fun co workers. never a dull moment. always something to do.
Great bunch of employee's to work with.
Operations MGR. for the core division of Veolia. (Current Employee) –  Ashland, KYMarch 31, 2016
Fast pace here on an average day and have a great bunch of guys to work with. I think we have had way to much turnover in management.
All of the problems are very fixable.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Mannington, WVMarch 30, 2016
I work at a fairly large water treatment plant as an operator. It is steady work and the pay isn't terrible. However, it could be much better. There is very little organization to the company. The farther up the ladder you go, the less structure there is. There is no advancement in the company and hard work and knowledge is not valued. They would much rather have yes men that follow all of their stupid rules blindly. If you want nothing more than a job, this is the place for you. We have at least four employees out of 13 that do absolutely nothing. You would think it was a union plant because they will never be fired. You could probably slap the project manager and still have a job. Our maintenance department is a joke. They don't stock any spare parts and when you need something, it is always 8 weeks back ordered. Management always seems to protect the most useless individuals and they are always in the dark. They have flavors of the month as far as priorities and seem to make up rules as they go. Safety is very important until it means it gets in the way of production. There are numerous more issues with the company. That's why all of our operators are looking for jobs.
Pros
Company buys boots and safety gear, two weeks vacation, full benefits, yearly raises, safety bonuses, yearly bonuses.
Cons
Small bonuses, poor management, unreasonable rules, under staffing, no advancement.
Great Company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2016
Great company to work for. Challenging work environment. Very safety orientated. Great team work when needed. The company benefits are awesome, one of the best I have seen.
Poorly Managed IT Organization
SR Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  MIlwaukee, WIMarch 18, 2016
Veolia's IT dept is poorly managed. Managers do not provide feedback or guidance to there employees. Employees do not receive effective performance reviews.
Pros
High Pay
Cons
Poor Management, no communication
awesome company to work for
R.O.V. technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2016
i was young when i started this job and couldnt appreciate it to its full potential. they want you to work for weeks at a time and have very little time with your family. it was a good opportunity that i was thankful to have.
Stay Far Away
Pissant (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, ILMarch 14, 2016
This company retains inadequate employees and throws away quality employees. Management is a joke. No accountability and "befriends" sub-par employees.

Keeps inadequate employees who have constant findings on their work and gets rid of quality employees during layoffs.
Pros
Cons
Overall bad company - Stay away
Difficult company
Technical and Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Has become poorly managed and overall corporate direction is lacking. Little understanding of the Hazardous Waste division by new management.
Pros
Few
Cons
Many
Boring palce to work with good people
AP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 24, 2016
There was no enjoyable parts of the job. It was brainless work doing data entry for 8 hours with an 1 of breaks. It is like working in an assembly line. The co-workers were very friendly and helpful but there was not a lot of management structure.
Boring and long days (12s)
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAFebruary 16, 2016
It takes 3 months to accumulate 1 sick day. Accumulating vacation only takes 2 months to get 1 day. Terrible. There is no training curriculum at all. Very poor leadership from management; a supervisor continues to drive away operators but the supervisor stays employed, get the hint Veolia. I'm working on getting a new job and wouldn't recommend this job to anybody.
Pros
work half the year
Cons
vacation, sick time, poor leadership from management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veolia. Our community is ready to answer.