Vera Bradley Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome Place to Work!
Part-time Sales Lead/Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAMarch 24, 2016
Great company to work for! Corporate is very helpful and updates and changes are clearly conveyed. The company constantly evolves and updates with new product every year. Workers are provided with a wealth of information in detailed product guides, promotions updates, and suggested selling tools. Updates within the company are communicated to every level.
The worker compensation is nicely based on experience with yearly opportunity for raises and promotions to encourage talent. There's also a very generous employee discount to boot as well as fun in store contests and occasional free lunches.
Pros
Vera Buck, in-store contests, great discounts
Cons
processing new line while transferring old product
Fun place to work
Team Lead / Key Holder, Management (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 3, 2015
Fun and meaningful place to work, learn and grow. Typical Team Leader position responsibilities includes opening or closing the cash register(s), creating & calculating expected goals for the day, verifying current/updated promotions, providing excellent customer service to our guests (in store, over the phone, etc), resolving problems and/or complaints, coaching and mentoring associates, and being A Girls Best Friend to our guests. Employee (including non-management) discount is a nice 50% off at full-priced stores. Great communication with upper management.
Pros
Free lunches if goals are met, 50% discount, positive workplace
Cons
Nitpicky about making sure employees don't go 1 minute over scheduled shift
my most favoirte job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 28, 2016
very peaceful, cliental is very nice
I learned to be open and to speak to customers kindly
management was great! I loved it
the coworkers were like family
there was no hard part working here except holidays
the only issue was that if the store was not making enough money than hours would be cut.
Pros
the people, the place, the coworkers
Cons
Fun place to work, room to grow in the company!
Retail Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Destin, FLDecember 27, 2015
Working at Vera Bradley has been SO awesome! My co-workers are hard working and so much fun! Management is fabulous, I couldn't ask for a more awesome group of women! The hardest part of the job is not buying everything with your paycheck! The easiest part is just working there. Most customers are so sweet and are loyal to the product, we get many people who return weekly and you get to know them by name! I have gotten to hear so many sweet stores of customers who have stopped by!
Productive hard working environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2016
I learned from Vera how to sell to customers and help them look for things that suited them and their kids. I really enjoyed interacting with people and learning about our products. There was a big age difference but it was fun getting to work with ladies who are older and wiser than myself. I think the hardest part was pitching things people did not intentionally come in the store to buy. The management was awesome great ladies who would set me aside and talk about what i can do to improve myself.
Exceptional company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 1, 2016
I worked for Vera Bradley for one year. I left due to not getting enough hours because there was not enough business coming in the mall. I loved every aspect of working with the company from management, product and customers. I have made many friends in the store that I still visit weekly. I would go back in a heartbeat if there was enough hours. Greatest experience in retail ever. I would highly recommend this company!
Pros
Discount, great atmosphere, rich history, wonderful product
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun place to work
Part-Time Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJune 5, 2016
I worked part-time while having a full-time job and they were very accommodating with my work schedule. I enjoyed working there and learning about the Vera Bradley brand. Everyone who worked there was great.
Pros
Great product discounts and free lunches when we had to work long holiday hours
Cons
Short breaks, if you work an 8 or 9 hour day you only got a 30 minute lunch and other breaks were unheard of.
Easy life/work balance
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXJuly 7, 2016
Vera Bradley has been a fun, very welcoming place to work for. You treat guests as if they were coming in to your own home. The only downside is the inconsistent hours. It changes over the course of the year, its still a retail job. Upper management could use a refreshment.
Pros
Discount, the coworkers
Cons
managment, stock room
Was a great company and place to work until upper management changed
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYMay 28, 2016
Loved the company when I first started. They were gracious and appreciated your efforts. In 2015 things changed...new upper management with new philosophy. Not realistic expectations.
Pros
Great people at store level, great disvount
Simple job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clinton, CT 06413June 11, 2016
Some of the management staff held information to me about the job uniform and certain ID's that I needed to present. Although, the manager was very nice and understanding of the mistakes.
Pros
breaks and a free scarf
Cons
standing all day
packagin specielist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 26, 2016
it was a very busy time of the year but a good experience I learned a lot in the couple of months I was there. I met a lot of new nice people very helpful aswell. The job was easy and I learned pretty quickly.
Overall a good environment but not held together
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 22, 2016
Vera Bradley is one of the nicest places I have ever worked at. The overall feel of the people was warm and cozy/
i would go in, grab something to eat off the back table before I clocked in, and then I would walk back to the front and start my day of straightening, dusting, and a LOT of one on one time with each and every customer. I think that's why I loved that job the most. I love talking to people, so it was nice to be able to do that professionally each day. I learned so many communication skills, as well as computer and life skills such as counting the drawers by myself at closing, working with dayshift, not overcrowding a customer but making sure they are satisfied, etc. My co-workers are all still acquaintances of mine, they are all such sweet people. The management was not very well held together, seeing as we had new mangers coming in and out, and shift leaders dropping out of their position because they were having to be the shift leader AND the general manager because the general manger wasn't always the best at managing. But don't get me wrong, despite the lack of management we all held a very good grip on what we had to do, and we pulled numbers each week with no problem. That was my favorite part of the job. My least favorite part of the job was having to manage as a sales associate. That was the managers job and I didn't feel like it was my place to do her job.
Pros
free lunches, friendly, cozy
Cons
short breaks, lack of management, unpaid hours, payroll cut
Fun workplace
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 9, 2016
There was always something entertaining to see. It was very easy to get along with my co-workers, in addition, it was very easy to getting used to the job.
New Company
Retail Team Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2016
There has been such a wonderful change for the company. I have been fortunate to be a team lead and i love my job, there isn't much chance for improvement.
Upbeat Employment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Novi, MiMay 24, 2016
Vera Bradley is my second job. It is also my Happy Place! It is a friendly, upbeat place to work. Love, Love, Love the products too!!!
Pros
friendly atmosphere....Love my coworkers and bosses!
company in transition
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  IndianaJune 3, 2016
Numerous culture changes, all new executive team, continuous rounds of layoffs, opening many outlet stores, hyper e-commerce promotional activity
great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 3, 2016
great loved this job would definitely go back great pay, nice people good product, high traffic great managers
Great place to work in retail.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYNovember 23, 2015
Great company and people to work for. Love the brand and everything it stands for. It is not always about the numbers, but we try to exceed expectations when we can. Very professional and supportive management.
Pros
Free lunches during holidays, great contests
Great Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAApril 20, 2016
On a typical day at Vera, you would clean and organize the store as well as restocking to floor when needed. I also ran the register. All of the people who work here are all very nice and understanding about situations.
Team lead (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 15, 2016
As a team lead, I loved working here. With it being retail, there comes the down side of having to cut many hours and only getting 15 hours a week.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Short breaks, not enough hours