Vera Bradley

Vera Bradley Employee Reviews

Relaxed work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 7, 2015
A typical day at work consists of greeting all customers and using suggestive sales techniques to meet daily sale goals. All associates operate the cash register. I have become much better with sales since I started working there. My co-workers are all part-time workers, except for the assistant and general managers. The hardest part of the job is that it is not challenging. I need a challenge to keep my mind busy and entertained. The most enjoyable part of my job is having friendly coworkers. Everyone is very kind and a genuinely good person.
Not hard, but consistent.
Process and Shipping (Former Employee), Roanoke, INApril 25, 2015
Pros: Consisentcy
A typical day, I could wrap, pack and process up to 44 packages an hour, in a 8 hour work day. There is a certain technique to the wrapping technique and I feel people don't take enough pride in that. I learned how online buying works, within a company, and fast it can usually be executed.
I really enjoyed working there and the people I worked with
Sewer (Current Employee), New Haven, INApril 19, 2015
Pros: Celebrations for birthdays
Cons: health care a little high
First thing when I got to work we would do exercising to get ready for the day.
I learned alot about sewing.
The management and my colworkers are wonderful to work with.
The hardest part of the job is working with zippers.
The best part is the fellowship.
Fun loving people
Industrial Sewer (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INApril 15, 2015
Pros: cultural celebrations
we learned team work
loved diversity of co-workers
loved saying hi to people
sometimes getting t.o.p. for a new color was hard
Fun and outgoing place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Frisco, TXApril 4, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch or Dinner, Great Discount
I loved working at vera bradley during the holiday season. I would love to work there again has a part time employee. It was a fast paced environment but i learned everything from working at the cash register to customer service. The hardest part was learning what all the purse names ( not the patterns ) were called. I loved all my co workers, they were so sweet and kind. The favorite part of the job was all the time i spent there.
Friendly work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Grove City, PAMarch 24, 2015
Vera Bradley has given me the opportunity to thrive when it comes to customer service and brand promotion. The management staff is very accommodating and fun to work with.
Fun
Operations Tech & Team Leader (Former Employee), KYMarch 9, 2015
A lot of walking but I worked with great people which made the day go by fast
I love it when the owners would come in and work with us they did not mind doing the same thing that we were doing.
Great Customer Service
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Philadelphia Premium OutletsFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: free merch
Cons: short breaks
The company takes time to make the guest feel like the VIP by allowing the associates to give away free gifts.
The management is good, they create a close atmosphere. All the associates are nice and very personable
job overall
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Roanoke, INFebruary 10, 2015
I loved my job in quality control. but I worked through Manpower and job placement is very low at Vera. I know of several people who have been there for years and still haven't been hired.
ok
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Roanoke, INJanuary 22, 2015
job was ok all i did was inspect bags and throw out not good bags
Design Driven Company
MERCHANDISE MANAGER (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJanuary 6, 2015
Vera Bradley went public while I was there and since then there have been significant changes to management. The beautiful design team is still there.
Very Professional Company
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free products and lunches, coffee daily
Cons: hours of operation
Wonderful company that allowed its employees a good balance of professional and personal live. Free products to market and promote.
Great Team Members, effective communicators with strong interpersonal skills.
Management played a key role in all day to day activities.
Strong company core values to support Holiday's, Events and Kudo's programs
Great Company to work for if you are a student or just need a couple hours of work a week.
Former Employee (Former Employee), .December 16, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, granted time off when requested and great products to sell.
Cons: toxic environment in some stores, no room to advance, discrimination and poor communication.
This is an amazing company to work for if you are at the right retail store. The management team is great if you are a family friend, a dedicated customer or easily manipulated. They will go behind your back and try to find anything they can to push you out if you don't fit into their image of a middle aged mother who treats you like their child not an adult. They will get mad at you if you make a mistake, but will act like nothing happened when they make the same mistake. Communication is poor, Management and employees talk bad about customers and other employees behind their backs. They give out their employee discount to employees who no longer work for the company. If you can ignore the drama that they try to stir up then it is a great part time job while you are in school. If you only need a few hours a week to work then you should apply because the hours are far and few between. If you make management mad they will hold a grudge and cut your hours as well.
Vera Bradley Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MINovember 23, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: n/a
I loved working at Vera Bradley! My coworkers are like family to me. Scheduling is flexible and my managers were always understanding through many situations. I loved presenting our products to our guests and sharing our testimonies with them if we had already owned the products.
Wonderful Family Culture
Employee (Current Employee), USANovember 13, 2014
Vera Bradley is a wonderful company. With a mission, 'To Be A Girl's Best Friend', it has to be good.
Productive, Fun Enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXNovember 3, 2014
Working with customers, straightening inventory, learning better selling skills.
productive
shipping clerk (Current Employee), ranoke INOctober 12, 2014
Fast pace. Doing something different each week. For the most part it's a fairly easy job. My co-workers are very helpful when busy especially during holiday seasons.
Absolutely Amazing Place to work
Visual Specialist Team Lead (Current Employee), Riverhead, NYSeptember 18, 2014
I loved every second as Team Lead at the Vera Bradley Outlet in Riverhead!!! The staff is amazing as are the guests. If you are looking to have fun with your friends selling the product you love then that is the best place to work!!!
Only apply if your desperate for a job or if you are going to school
Lead Stock (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: management team only praise personal friends, same ethnic background, and brown nosers
my review does not pertain to every vera bradley store but the store that i've worked at had the must unprofessional, egotistical, very discriminate management team i've ever worked for. i am not saying it out of spite that i've left the company but the god awful truth.

my store has NO CAMERAS. my General Manager is the only person with the authority to resolve problems. Corporate is useless because there's NO CAMERAS. my management team is very close to the GM. practically family and only reason how the management team go their job.

My management team including the GM take MULTIPLE lunch not including 10 mins breaks. their first lunch is once they clock in. pls note the store has no cameras to record them. which they take full advantage of.

if upper management visits the store. is probably the only day when they actually do their job. they will bring catering food to the store and prohibits sales associates to have and eat. PLS TAKE IN AND SEE WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE YOU WILL WORK WITH.

management team stays the same but sales associate comes and goes unless your a sales associate that's close to the management team.

my store eliminates hard workers and praise brown nosers.
Exciting company
Teri Queen - Supervisor (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VASeptember 10, 2014
This company allowed me to build strong customer relationships along with the growing accounts for this company

1 2 3 4

About Vera Bradley

Vera Bradley loves women with lots of baggage. The company designs, makes and sells quilted handbags and travel bags, as well – Read more

Vera Bradley Salaries