Vera Bradley Employee Reviews

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Estero, FLJune 19, 2017
Great work environment, along with good coworkers. The company has a lot to offer if someone wants to advance. Store is very busy during season. Overall great place to work.
Productive and fun place to work and build Client base relationships
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 18, 2017
Every person that walks through the door is someone whom is looking for something and its been my pleasure serve and assist every customer with integrity and a smile. Having great customer service skills has been noticed and appreciated by my customers as well as managers.
Pros
receiving Vera Bucks which is like Manoploy money to use to buy whatever peeks my intrest.
Cons
short brakes, hours being cut when slow.
Good paying retail position
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 14, 2017
This is a good company to work for if you like sales. There are a lot of things to learn on a daily basis. New styles and colors and fabrications. The staff and management I worked with were wonderful. Must like being on your feet the whole shift. Minimal raises.
Pros
Rewards
Cons
Minimal Raises
Great Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 13, 2017
One of the best companies to work for. Management and team mates are friendly and professional. They work around your schedule when a need arises. This is the best company I ever worked for. It has a great environment too.
Fun place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 12, 2017
Management is not the best when it comes to motivating. The company is slow so there is a lot of standing around. Vera is amazing at keeping customers interested.
Summer work
Shipping/Distribution Center Intern (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJune 7, 2017
-great summer job for a college student
-hardest part was working with no air conditioning in the summer
-the most enjoyable part was that i got to meet many people my age that also did this job for the summer.
fun positive enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 7, 2017
Wonderful place to work! company is so informative and gives you all the tools you need to be successful. Very rewarding atmosphere and teamwork is at 100%
Pros
rewarding experience
Cons
Very productive and fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 2, 2017
We greet the customer's as well as answer any questions they may have. We re-stock the shelf's as needed. The management are wonderful people who work with your schedule.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Short breaks, part time doesn't get many hours
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMay 23, 2017
Worked here for about 4 years, the company was going through a transition in management which I did not find appealing. I liked most of the people I worked with.
Management is Main Problem
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, KYMay 21, 2017
The Main issue with Vera Bradley was their current store manager. She only had negative things to say, but in a upbeat way which just made her sound extremely fake. She lost a lot of the respect of her emplyees due to the way she treated them. Other than that it is a very basic retail job. The customers were the best part because usually it's little old ladies who just want to talk.
loved it
Welcomer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 19, 2017
The shop was very nice and it smelled fresh and comfortable the staff were very nice and it all just felt like a happy family.i loved working there I wish I could go back but I was only there on holiday
Pros
the enviroment
Cons
there wasnt anything too bad except for my feet hurting alot
Amazing atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 18, 2017
The work environment makes me feel at home. It provides a great atmosphere where it is enjoyable to work at. The other employees are like family and make everyday worth going to.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Makes me want to buy the product
best job I've ever had
Sample maker, pattern maker, (Former Employee) –  Design Center Roanoke, In.May 17, 2017
Vera Bradley for first 7 years was an awesome place for me to express my creativity & hone my skills. But after going public it was like watching the company die a slow death. Barb Baekguard is still an amazing person.
Fun and Customer Driven Work Experience
Sales Associate (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCMay 16, 2017
Vera Bradley is a fun place to work. The atmosphere of the store as well as interacting with the customers helps make the work experience enjoyable. Management is great, and will help when an employee or customer may need assistance.
Fun Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 10, 2017
Enjoyed working for the company. Was a fun and bright environment to work in. Fun interactions with guests coming in and out of the store. A lot of personal selling involved which was my favorite part.
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 9, 2017
It's not a hard job and most of the people are great to work with. Only down side is that it is an hour away from where I live. Also customer's can be really lazy
Pros
nice people
Cons
far away
Fun place to work but little advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSMay 8, 2017
The environment is slower paced, except around holidays and special occasions, such as Mother's Day and Valentine's Day. The sales associates were all very kind, welcoming, and got along with everyone.The managers are nice, however with working there for three years, I was never offered advancement at the store or in the company. I wasn't even told about a position opening and found out through others working at the time and was passed up for a new associate with not as much experience and availability. The hardest part of the job while there was the transition of customers being able to return and exchange old bags no matter the condition of the bag or product, to only a 60 day return policy. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the face of the younger customers when they picked out a new backpack or purse and being able to walk out of the store with it that day.
Good discount
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 2, 2017
I worked at the outlet Vera Bradley so also having a a 50% discount going on all the time in store you also get a 25% discount with any promotions that has going on. The management at the place i was at wasnt really good but i cant say anything.
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando FLApril 29, 2017
Vera Bradley is all about being a girls best friend. Or shopping with your best friends making customer feel appreciated and letting them know the benefits of our product and how each one is special in their own way!
Fast-paced & fun vs slow & tedious
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, INApril 25, 2017
Depending on the time of year, this job can be fun; or it can be boring. During busy periods, the job tends to be fast-paced and physically demanding. During down times, the work is slow and tedious. Overall, I enjoyed working of Vera Bradley; but I could not break away from the 2nd shift schedule. There is not much room for advancement. Once you are in distribution, you tend to be pegged as someone who can only handle such in the other departments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vera Bradley. Our community is ready to answer.