POSITION TITLE: General Store Manager
REPORTS TO: Owner
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full Time
Salary of $30K+Bonus, 2 weeks paid vacation, free meals. etc.
General Management to direct and oversee all activities of a mid-size quick, fast-paced, casual restaurant in accordance with standardized policies in order to provide efficient, friendly services and profitable operations. This person to be accessible 24/7 for any restaurant emergencies and/or needs beyond the assistant manager and operation manager responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Handles staffing responsibilities, including hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, and terminating.
- Oversees purchasing of food and supplies and use of food and beverages within required dates and with a minimum of waste.
- Supervises staff in terms of food preparation, customer service, cleaning, and repairs to restaurant and grounds.
- Maintains décor and makes constructive suggestions to owner on interior design and layout
- Promotes cooperative effort, a team spirit, and good morale among employees.
- Delivers excellent customer service, including, personally greeting and assistingseating guests.
- Resolves complaints from customers in a polite, friendly manner.
- Performs daily inspections and periodic audits to check safety of equipment and to ensure that food is cooked properly. Addresses engineering problems involving the cost, installation, and maintenance of such equipment.
- Participates in training about standardized policies and confers weekly with owner and management about restaurant operations.
- Helps to administers payroll and maintains records of sales and cash receipts including related areas of accounting, budgeting, credit policies, and banking methods.
- Provides regular, accurate, computerized reports of operations to owner and management.
- Helps with duties of other employees (i.e., cashier, server, cook, etc.) when necessary because of an unexpected absence or extra volume.
- Responds to customer and community interests to develop marketing and advertising plans.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned by owner.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High school diploma, GED certificate, or demonstration of sufficient reading and math skills to read manuals and prepare computer reports as required; hospitality and restaurant management certification or college degree preferred.
- Previous restaurant experience required.
- A food handler certification may be required by the state in which the business is located, such as ServSafe Certification.
- Previous management experience preferred; successful completion of progressive business management training program helpful.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and irregular hours as required.
- Excellent customer service to treat patrons like family with great care and a sense of urgency.
- Strong communication skills to train and motivate employees.
- Strong time management skills and accuracy to deal with a variety of duties and prepare reports according to schedule.
Reliable transportation required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The work that restaurant managers do is both physically and mentally demanding. They are on their feet more than 50% of much of the time. Managers must work well under pressure and exercise tact and patience when dealing with employees and customers. Restaurant managers typically work forty or more thirty-five hours a week. However, because the restaurant serves the public and are open on weekends and evenings at night, managers may work longer, irregular hours.
The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform and those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific sensory abilities required by this job include sight, taste, smell, and hearing.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to raw meat, moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, hazardous materials, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will posses the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Legal Disclaimer: This document is intended for informational purposes only and by no means should replace or substitute other legal documents (governmental or non-governmental) reflecting similar content or advice. If you have legal questions concerning your situation or the information provided, you should consult with an attorney.
Indeed - 30+ days ago
Our mission is to offer a quick, healthy, flexible food option at an affordable price, all in a contemporary but casual setting. We offer at...