Verde Valley Medical Center Employee Reviews

A great place to work!
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Entire CareJuly 26, 2017
Verde Valley Medical Center is a wonderful place to work for. I had the pleasure of doing a 13 week contract with Entire Care. Staff were friendly, accommodating and helpful in every step of the way. It was a pleasure working there!
Pros
staff/environment
Cons
Can't think of any!
knowing that I have people I know work there.
Costumer Service (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZMay 10, 2017
I have lots of people that work here that also look out me. I enjoy all the friendships I have made volunteering there. and also all the events I help with.
It was a few nice people
traveling phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  cottonwood ArizonaApril 14, 2017
Management was lazy and often used favoritism. The Phlebotomist are EXTREMELY overworked esp. with none phlebotomy duties.
Management will try to demean your work ethic and character when you seek out for a career advancement with other companies.
Intern
SOCIAL WORK STUDENT INTERN (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZMarch 28, 2017
I was just an intern for 4 months so I did a lot of work for no pay. Long hours but staff was friendly and helpful being as I was a student and had not been in the environment.
The cleaneast hospital i have worked for
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZDecember 5, 2016
The workforce works well together with little to no supervision required. The teamwork was wonderful. It made it one of the best places to work. Communication was done on a regular basis.
Pros
being able to work as a team.
Cons
Heavy workloads
Pct
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZNovember 10, 2016
I find that the environment here is very unfriendly and unwelcoming in comparison with several other hospitals I have worked at, the employees in general are not happy. There is a lot of politics and poor management. Nurses do not help with call lights and do not work as a team making being a PCT here almost impossible! I value positive culture and teamwork and that is not what is happening on the Yavapai Unit!
Pros
Pay & Benefits
Cons
No Teamwork, negative culture
one of my favorite place to do intern
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, Internship (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZOctober 7, 2016
Everything about this hospital make me so amazing. Coworker or patients they are lovely. I been involve in many procedures, involve a lot in scanning.
Office Coordinator
Office Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZSeptember 2, 2016
This office directed patient flow within hospital. Numerous phone calls on a daily basis to ensure quality patient care. This office reviewed nurse staffing daily to ensure safe patient care. Temporary staffing was contracted if needed. Office was a resource to all departments within facility. Management employees in the department responded to all designated emergency's within facility.
fun workplace, nice people
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZMay 23, 2016
This Medical Record Department was a great place to work from Management to Co-workers. The reason I left was from the commute from Prescott Valley, AZ to Cottonwood which was one hour each way, I was taking a coding class in Flagstaff 1 nigh a week to expland my knowledge since I already had experience in chart assembly, analyzing, releasing of information etc. I saw a position at Yavapai Regional Medical Center in Prescott for coder and applied, interviewed and hired. In hindsight I should have never left Verde Valley. The commute and 8 hour day was brutal but I enjoyed going to work every day there.
Pros
family environment
Cons
commute
Lots of work
Department Secertary (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZApril 27, 2016
The position I had was created for me because of the skill and knowledge I have. But it also greatly benefited the departments I was taking care of. I was not compensated appropriately because of constant management changing and disorganization of employee review paper work recognition.
Pros
I was heavily depended on
Cons
managment
Staff was great to work with
Office Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZMarch 8, 2016
This company tried to ensure customer service as best it could with the management it had. The employees worked very hard with each other and for the company. We all supported one another during a very difficult time in the medical world.
The hospital was very customer service oriented. Promoted striving for excellence in every area of the hospital..
Medical Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZNovember 12, 2015
The employees had a positive attitude mainly due to the ongoing promotion of customer satisfaction and excellent service. It was nice to work with people who took their jobs seriously and worked hard to provide the best care possible. There were always opportunities for growth and development. Education was offered and encouraged.
Pros
Bonuses, free meal events, excelllent benefits
Cons
Heavy workloads, difficulty taking breaks
Predictable day
Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZSeptember 9, 2015
Very few surprises in the work day. Lots of politics. Pay was excellent. Supervisory staff at the lower level was insecure, making it difficult to know what was expected from week to week.
Pros
Predictable work load
Cons
Lack of communication
Productive and fast paisted
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZApril 2, 2015
It was a challenging job transcribing physicians orders and getting them done in a timely manner, especially if they had several patients and dropped the charts off all at the same time.
Pros
Challenging and rewarding
Cons
Going home at 11:30pm
Excellent working environment
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZMarch 17, 2015
Great department and colleagues
Outstanding teamwork
Learned all facets of institutional cooking and catering
Strived to keep kitchen in tip top state of cleanliness
Great benefits
I loved to cook and cater there
Pros
Free lunchs
Cons
Cleaning required use of several caustic cleaners and not always the safest ways to use them
Josie Summary
Medical Coder II (Current Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZMarch 2, 2015
I generally start my coding day at 5am. I start working Inpatient and then move on into the other queue's. I work well with the other 12 coders. I have been a coder for 3 years, if I need a second set of eyes to review my codes, I do ask the senior coders to review and accept their comments. Work is assigned by alpha letters, which works well for most of the queue's. Hardest part of my job is not having orders scanned in and having to email or call to find orders. It takes time out of my coding hours when I have to search for documents. Most enjoyable part is every chart is different. I like opening a chart and being able to read through documents and code to the best of my ability. I also enjoy being able to work different types of queue's and working remotely.
Pros
Teleconference for weekly meetings.
Cons
Multiple changes in management.
Great
ED Tech (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZSeptember 15, 2014
Great place to work. Treated very well by the employee management.
Fun staff to work with
Night Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Behavioral Health UnitJanuary 6, 2014
Management very poor. Only concerned about money not patient care
Rural hospital with opportunities to develop career.
Staff RN in Level I (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZOctober 23, 2013
Great place to work. Nursing staff is supported.
12 hour shifts are great.
Lots of management changes.
Excellent team work among staff.
Hardest part of job was leaving.
Pros
Support of nursing staff.
Cons
No hope for advancement to level II skills.
good
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZSeptember 17, 2013
Working there was good had fun with all the staff, all the staff is great . The hours were really good.