Verdi Consulting, Inc. is an accounting, management consulting and enterprise solutions firm. We seek a Federal Financial Manager to join our growing dynamic team.
Federal Financial Manager
As the highly qualified Federal Financial Manager, we will rely on you to manage and provide expert Federal financial management advisory/support services to Federal clients. You will help identify financial systems and reporting deficiencies and recommend improvements to existing analyses, processes and reporting. You will also have direct client contact on an on-going basis.
- Manage Federal Financial Operations support
- Prepare the agency’s annual and quarterly Financial Statements: Balance Sheet, Statement of Net Position, Statement of Net Cost and Statement of Budgetary Resources (SBR); lead the development, compilation and reporting of agency-wide consolidated financial statement
- Compile elimination and adjusting entries including accrued benefit adjustments, workers’ compensation liability adjustments and other year-end adjustments
- Compile and document required footnote disclosures for financial statement, as well as required supplementary stewardship information and other accompanying information
- Support completeness and accuracy of compiled agency trial balances for the FACTS I and FACTS II transmission and compliance with Treasury reporting requirements
- Prepare analytical procedures related to the relationship of budgetary and proprietary accounts, tie-points, abnormal balances and flux analysis
- Research differences and recommend corrections to errors
- Support reconciliation efforts including the SF-132 to SF-133/SF-133 to SBR)
- Prepare spreadsheets reflecting percentages by sub-agency, for allocation of overhead and reconciliations of the net cost as per Statement of Net Cost to Strategic Goals of the Dept.
- Reconcile accounts (e.g. Cash, Fund Balance with Treasury, Debt, intergovernmental) and compile data for journalizing off-ledger accounts into the Department accounting system
- Support the maintenance of the numerous Trust and Working Capital funds; departmental balances, benefit payment accruals, receivables account and data necessary for supplemental information
- Advise the client regarding new requirements and impact on Agency accounting
- Compliance Requirements - identify and make recommendations to the agencies, to include; compliance with Single Audit Act, FFMIA, FISMA and OMB Circulars A-123 and A-136.
- Audit Remediation - provide verbal and written explanations in support of work products to: the OCFO, the OIG and the independent auditor; assist with audit resolution, e.g., NFRs, significant deficiencies, material weaknesses and Management Advisory Comments
- Ability to work with and guide federal executives effectively communicating issues, status and solutions
- Project Management - responsible to manage project team, client deliverables including status report, time management and billing, prepare presentation and lead client meetings, etc.
- Manage the year-end Government closing package compilation (GFRS)
- Assist the client with the implementation of the Government Treasury Account Adjusted Trial Balance System (GTAS)
- Keen knowledge of federal cost allocations.
The highly qualified candidate will possess the following abilities, attributes, experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Accounting required
- CPA a must, PMP is preferred. CGFM, CFE an advantage
- Hands-on experience in Federal financial statement compilation, reporting, closing package, balance sheet reconciliation, flux analysis, footnotes
- Excellent command of USSGL, A-136, OMB and Treasury Guidelines
- Experience with Federal funds: General, Trust, Receipt and Working Capital funds
- Experience in Oracle Federal financial or major Federal financial systems
- Advanced Excel required, IDEA, SQL and/or Access, a plus
- Prior experience managing projects of the same scope or size
- Project management skills required
- Proactive person with the ability to react with a sense of urgency and manage conflicting priorities, communicate effectively and to take ownership of work
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation of $110K-$135K annually plus bonus potential and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, life and disability insurance, Metro benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture
Verdi Consulting, Inc. www.verdiconsulting.net is a high-growth Tysons Corner, VA-based accounting and IT consultancy and 2011-12 “Inc. 500” awardee. The position above is for placement on a multi-year task order with a current Federal client where we have numerous “exceeds expectations ratings.” The vast majority of the work will be performed locally. We offer full-time employees highly competitive pay, cutting edge work assignments, great benefits (health, dental, life, vision, ST/LT disability), 401-k, free parking or Metro benefits and paid vacation and holidays. We welcome the opportunity to evaluate your skills and interest.
Indeed - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -