Applications Tester Position Description:
Develops and implements quality control methodologies to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards, guidelines, and procedures. Develops and executes software test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes. Establishes and maintains a process for evaluating hardware, software, and associated documentation and/or assists in the evaluation. Conducts or participates in formal and informal reviews at predetermined points throughout the development life cycle. Able to build strong relationships, and must be comfortable in a client site setting.
- 4+ years of functional testing experience
- Experience with testing web applications
- Demonstrated ability to apply appropriate test methodologies including writing test plans and test cases
- Solid proficiency in test effort estimation, tracking, schedules and timelines.
- Ability to coordinate documenting and reporting of software defects and interact with development staff to isolate and resolve testing issues
- Strong knowledge of release procedures and software defect tracking.
- Experience with creating and executing manual and automated test tools.
- SQL skills for data qualification and creation SVN and Source Control Management experience
- Knowledge of software development life cycles (SDLC).
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously Experience with the Project Management Framework
- Experience with business process analysis and development
- Possession of excellent team leadership and development skills
- Possession of excellent client relationship skills
Verdi Consulting, Inc. www.verdiconsulting.net is a high-growth Tysons Corner, VA-based accounting and IT consultancy and 2011-12 “Inc. 500” awardee. The position above is for placement on a multi-year task order with a current Federal client where we have numerous “exceeds expectations ratings.” The vast majority of the work will be performed locally. We offer full-time employees highly competitive pay, cutting edge work assignments, great benefits (health, dental, life, vision, ST/LT disability), 401-k, free parking or Metro benefits and paid vacation and holidays. We welcome the opportunity to evaluate your skills and interest.
Verdi Consulting is a financial management and technical consulting firm that assists Federal governments achieve mission objectives through...