Verdugo Hills Hospital Employee Reviews

3-11 shift
Team Leader, Float Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 24, 2016
Float RN
Team Leader IV, dispense medications & follow-up on physician orders.
Assigned 14 patients.
Doing hands on.
Excellent management
Able to work with different teams.
Monthly continued Educational classes.
Pros
Hospital cafeteria, Annual company picnic & Christmas party
Cons
Short breaks
Small family like environement
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 25, 2016
Small family like environment. This was good in some cases but bad in others. Also, used to be a private hospital but now owned by UCLA.
Pros
Some good folks
Cons
Some bad folks. Sometimes felt like being in highschool
Summary
Critical Care and Rapid Response Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJune 6, 2016
I loved working with all my co-workers. We were a great team. Unfortunately, previous management set the nurses apart and 10 nurses left as a direct result. The hospital went through major changes. The current manager and clinical coordinator are both amazing that will bring positive change to the workforce.
Pros
Great friendly environment
Cons
HR department misinforms many co-workers
great company
physical therapist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 15, 2016
owner very great
personable staff
working with kids 6 months to 3 years old
good growth
flexible hours
overall great place to work
relaxed environment
Great place to work. Small community hospital, employees know each other and support is incredible.
Director (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 16, 2015
Excellent employees from upper management to front line staff. Supportive management team. It was a great experience for me to be part of this organization.
I enjoyed my time at Susan Banks Staging
Internship (Former Employee) –  La Cañada Flintridge, CAMay 11, 2015
My duties included rearranging the furniture in the warehouse in an orderly manner as well moving furniture into homes and loading furniture onto the truck.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Productive, Professional place to work, Lots of different cultures.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CANovember 27, 2014
Very nice place to work, nice location. Excellent Coworkers, Time went by fast, I learned many Procedures just by watching the Professionals, The hardest part is always the loss of life. The easiest always looking forward to being at work.
Pros
Very good Lunches.
Cons
Low Sencus.
It is an excellent community hospital.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 16, 2013
I was the receptionist/greeter. I helped in the purging of records & searching for misfiled charts.
Pros
The hospital is close to home.
Cons
The salary was not enough for me.
My home away from home
Perinatal Educator and Lactation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAMarch 17, 2013
For almost three decades I've been a member of the Family Education Program team of perinatal instructors at Verdugo Hills Hospital. As an independent contractor, I'm not considered an employee of the hospital but all my colleagues, the OB nurses, physicians, and other OB personnel have always made me feel like part of their family. I love working with them!
Pros
top notch family education program and awesome colleagues
Cons
no medical insurance or other benefits; instructor fees are not highly competitive
No job security
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Glendale CaFebruary 27, 2013
Unit Secretary has alot of pressure IF all beds are full otherwise you sit for 12 hours with nothing to do. Receive orders from nurses and doctors. Secretary also has to be a CNA. You are required to answer phones, call lights and input doctors orders, sometimes all at the same time. Too many people telling you what to do, management has no clue what they are doing. You will be blamed for things you had nothing to do with. If management doesn't like you, you're out.
Cons
very unorganized, didn't receive orientation until 2 months after hired, too many people telling you what to do, no one takes responsibility for their actions, don't expect a raise, lousy quarter an hour after one year.
good medical care at this hospital
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 11, 2013
busy emergency department co workers always hepling hand medium size
Pros
good medical support
Cons
smaller er
This is a very Productive and fun workplace.
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 1, 2013
Maintenance of daily cash transaction, Compare actual expenses to budget and investigate variances
Prepare and post day to day journal entries to the G/L
organized and positive attitude in and around the hospital
Volunteer work in the Hospital in general (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CADecember 13, 2012
The volunteer work for the hospital in general mostly included discharging patients for release, assisting them by either walking alongside or accompanying them in a wheelchair drive out the hospital. Often times we would deliver medication from the hospital pharmacy to different departments in the hospital, and I personally had most experience in delivering to the geropsychiatric ward of the hospital and the Emergency Room. We also prepared and pre-packaged various items and first aid-type equipment in a group of volunteers, and reported with inventory to our supervisor. Working in the hospital was a growing experience for me, to see the life changes that people in my community experience and to be a part of helping them in their recovery as well as comfort of stay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verdugo Hills Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4