Verengo Solar Employee Reviews in United States

Great people and co workers in a company that is going thru some difficult times
IT / Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 16, 2016
I enjoy working at Verengo, i met great people and learned a lot during my time here, however, the difficult times and hard decisions that the company has to make made me consider looking for opportunities elsewhere.
Pros
Great co-workers, flexible schedule, good pay
Cons
No longer room for growth, company facing tough decisions ahead
Verengo Solar
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 2, 2016
This was a good company to work. Very short staffed and would usually work through lunch. Needed to have better systems in place, several balls would be dropped or lost through the processes. right hand and left hand to not talk..

The call center and corp center did not cross communicate well
I really enjoyed working here.
HR COORDINATOR /ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 5, 2016
I started working here as a receptionist and with the management I received I was able to further my experience and knowledge. I am grateful for the time worked there.
no advancement opportunity
Employee (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 9, 2016
IF you dont know anyone in management you will not get anywhere. No job security, very little work. i am a full time employee working less than part time hours
good benefits
Solar Installer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 11, 2016
Had a good work ethic but started to decline. Too many of the lower associates thought they were better than the supervisors. Moral started to become a problem
great work place
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 23, 2016
great enviroment great work place if your the type of person that likes to learn new things verengo solar is that place to be they have people that are not afraid of teaching you new stuff0
Great place to work for
Solar Consultant (Current Employee) –  RiversideOctober 20, 2015
If you like sales and freedom with the support and training to help you succeed this is a great company. However very little job security. I understand change but, however you will begin a plan of focus at the beginning of the month and by month end it is tossed and we are working on something else. High turnover, but if you are a focused individual you can succeed.
Pros
freedom, support and training
Cons
does not feel stable, up and down
Bottom of the barrel call center
ANONYMOUS (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 31, 2015
Wrong people in place as managers.
Many layoffs.
Little to no structure or training.
No onsite hr.
No drug testing or background check.
Long hours.
Bonuses taken away.
No appreciation no matter how hard you work.
No room for advancement.
Pros
FREE FOOD SO CONTINUE TO WORK THRU YOUR LUNCH BREAK
Cons
VERY FEW BREAKS IF ANY
Good people in a tough industry
Realization Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 25, 2015
Verengo is a very good place to work when things are good. Unfortunately it is a tough industry and many employees felt the crunch. To their credit, when it was time to cut costs, everyone was looked at as a possible cut. Management does a great job to care about all the employees even in tough times. Open door policy is a real thing and they do care about you and your family when it comes to balancing both.
Pros
good people all around
Cons
tough fledgling industry
Not stable
Residential Solar Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2015
Not a bad place to work - most professional environment in the industry - best management in the industry - sold the east coast operations and board fired the founders for no reason.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Sold the company, no stability

Want to know more about Verengo Solar?

Ask a question
Fast paced ever challenging
Vender Specialist / Instalation Dispatch (Current Employee) –  PHOENIX AZSeptember 13, 2015
Very fast paced ever changing fun place to work, I work around a group of people that I would call my work family we help each other out to complete the daily tasks in a timely manner. I have a good supervisor who allows us to complete are job assignments with minimal supervision but is there if assistance is needed.
Pros
The people I work with
Cons
Long drive to work
Not what it used to be
Sales (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 21, 2015
Company sales have been on the decline and it matches the company culture. When things were fun and vibrant the company sales were through the roof. When the new regime came in, the fun left, as did the growth of the company. Many concerns with the future outlook of this company.
Learning experience
warehouse manager (Former Employee) –  Valencia CaliforniaSeptember 22, 2015
Demanding work place; amazing coworkers made it easier to show up every day.Too much politics and not enough employee appreciation. Immediate Management was thoughtful. Some of the best coworkers i have ever worked for and with.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
no performance reviews
Fast Pace working Environement
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Orange County , CAAugust 12, 2015
Daily Job Schedule
Dispatch communication - Job review - Update and Completion
Email communication from Upper Management
Logistic implementation internally (cell, GPS and emails)
Possible team work and crisscross department
Cons
Advancement possibility = lost of company vehicle, decrease in pay = apprentise in a different field
Productive and enjoyable place to work at.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 7, 2015
Assisted customer with help on the phones and the plans they had or coverage. Always had the help needed to assist customer with a resolution. My favorite part of the day of assisting a customer that didnt get the help they previously needed.
Eccentric work place and productive.
Site Assessor (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 14, 2015
A typical day at work will consist of four assessment a day, where one has to complete and submitted the collected data by the end of the day. However, the hardest part is submitting the collected data on time and sometimes if it is raining, then we get the day off.
Pros
Time begins when one steps out of the door of their house.
Cons
Assessments may vary to take longer than estimated.
Stay away....they are 1 step away from a scam company
Field Energy Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 11, 2015
This company claims to be as good as SolarCity, and even better in some cases, but they are almost scam artists with the way they do business. Used car sales tactics are highly encouraged, employees aren't treated well and are lied to about the standard contract, and they get you to work there based on unrealistic expectations from what the actual work atmosphere is like. I worked there for 3 months then quit, and have worked at SolarCity 1+ year since.
Very Demanding job with a lot of politics
Permit Runner (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 19, 2016
Verengo is a overall decent company to work for. My immediate co workers made the job bearable to deal with ever day. However being a permit runner you don't really have any co workers, except the few people you see in the morning at the warehouse where you print plans, so if you have issues working alone stay clear of this job. My immediate supervisor was decent, not the worst I've had but certainly not the best. The biggest and most stressful issue I had with Verengo is that every job goes through different departments, and each department is not in the same place. So as a permit runner I would open my laptop in the morning and have (not kidding) 40+ emails about 40+ different jobs awaiting permit approval all in cities spanning about 120+ miles apart in range(you have to drive to all of these). You deal with some pretty nasty people from the call center who have to talk to the customer. You deal with especially nasty "project managers" who are unfamiliar with all the different processes of a solar job and don't realize that things don't just happen in hours because you want them to. All of it really seems to stem from the fact that no one understands the entire process from a customer signing to the finalizing of a project with the city (beginning to end) and the communication gets ridiculous.
Pros
Good co workers, average pay
Cons
Unorganized, long work hours, stressful, bad communication
Hard job but with great co-workers
Door to door salesman (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMay 12, 2015
We started knocking on doors around 4:30 and finished around 8:00. Not very long hours but had good commissions and bonuses. Great pay if you can be a good salesman. Many of the people you would knock on their door were either really tired of solar people or they didn't qualify for the program. Winter time is really hard because people do not like to open the door and stand in the cold to talk to you, and it is tough too because it gets darker earlier so you would have to knock on people's door at night. Had a lot of fun with the co-workers though. It can be fun if you make it fun. Hard job but great experience
Pros
Great co-workers and team leaders
Cons
It was tough knocking on someone's door about solar, when you were the third person by that week about solar.
Multitasking Galore!
Service Dispatch Coordinator - Southern California (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2015
Awesome group of people
Learn something new everyday
Constant changes keep us on our toes
It's great to assist people with being greener

2.8