Verengo Solar Employee Reviews

Verengo Solar
Processor/Data Evaluation (Former Employee) –  Ahwatukee, AZMay 18, 2017
It is now out of business but when i did work there i was under a man named Dan Barton and he was absolutely amazing and such a great guy to work with
No long in service
Digital Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 10, 2017
Helped manage and grow a marketing department that went from a startup to a $140 million dollar industry leader in 4 years.

Began as a graphic designer/web developer and grew to become the Online Marketing Manager, and supervised a team of 3 SEO experts, 2 SEM experts, 2 graphic designer, 2 web developer, and a remote copy writer.
Life in Verengo
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAApril 18, 2017
It was a hard first job. Only part time which was fine because I was in school. It was a door to door sale job, talking to home owners and really pushed to get the sale. It was hard working in the freezing cold or burning hot sun and getting yelled at all the time just because we were a solar company. But the pay was phenomenal. For paid hourly and commissions. It was a hard, demanding job but the people I woke with made the job for me. We got along great and really pushed each other to succeed!
Pros
Road trips, the pay, my co-workers, over all experience pushed me to become a people person and communicating better
Cons
Working in scary neighborhoods alone, or only with two girls. Being chased by dogs and got bit by one.
Average Canvassing job
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAApril 4, 2017
Just walked door to door and set appointments. Your average Canvassing job. Drove to new location week by week. Only in orange county. Compensation was good, you just have to be a people person and tough, handle rejection well. If you didn't make appts you wont last.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Walking, shifts changing
Unstable
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 23, 2017
After 2 years of loyalty to the company they finally gave me a permanent position with no raise. Departments management was constantly changing. Departments would be completely vanished. Every Holiday season since I was there they did their major lay offs after promising no further jobs where at risk. Customer complaints were poorly resolved
work
Permit Runner (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 17, 2017
having the managers take credit for others doing the job. And the managers taking to much time and others things. Having managers do what they want and not listen to employees.
Pros
own schedule
Cons
not getting promoted when doing your job above and beyond.
Fun place to work with many opportunities to make more money .
Field Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 2, 2016
Great employer who definitely did not hesitate to compensate employees as long as they generate sufficient leads . There was plenty opportunities to grow and make money . Bonuses everywhere just waiting to be made . However , once goals are achieved the employee is expected to maintain his/her production to maintain their "rank" . Part-Time instead of Full Time , need to work up to full time.
Pros
Solid Base Pay, Bonuses, Incentives, Energetic and Helpful Supervisors
Cons
Part Time, Need to maintain your quota, Inconsistent Sales Market
Unprofessional, terrible communication, unethical.
Canvasser/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CANovember 1, 2016
I worked there for a period of about 8 months and was even a top producer in my region (I know it seems like everyone says that, but I was!). Very unprofessional. From day one we had no formal training and at the time it was either "sink or swim." Very little opportunity to advance and overall communication was terrible. The job ended with the entire region of southern Californian cutting their sales rep and canvassing programs. They did this by bringing us all to one place (not telling us what was going on), confiscating our company material and letting us all go.
Pros
pay was nice, good bonuses
Cons
horrible communication.
No Security
SR. SOLAR DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 12, 2016
Verengo started slowing down, a lot of lay offs, made people nervous about job security

Decent benefits and paid time off

Good culture
Set telephone appointments
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2016
Phone Sales, Customer service. Sales of Solar system. Setting appointments for potential customers. Meet daily goals. Company went out of business.
Great people and co workers in a company that is going thru some difficult times
IT / Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 16, 2016
I enjoy working at Verengo, i met great people and learned a lot during my time here, however, the difficult times and hard decisions that the company has to make made me consider looking for opportunities elsewhere.
Pros
Great co-workers, flexible schedule, good pay
Cons
No longer room for growth, company facing tough decisions ahead
no advancement opportunity
Employee (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 9, 2016
IF you dont know anyone in management you will not get anywhere. No job security, very little work. i am a full time employee working less than part time hours
Verengo Solar
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 2, 2016
This was a good company to work. Very short staffed and would usually work through lunch. Needed to have better systems in place, several balls would be dropped or lost through the processes. right hand and left hand to not talk..

The call center and corp center did not cross communicate well
Very Demanding job with a lot of politics
Permit Runner (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 19, 2016
Verengo is a overall decent company to work for. My immediate co workers made the job bearable to deal with ever day. However being a permit runner you don't really have any co workers, except the few people you see in the morning at the warehouse where you print plans, so if you have issues working alone stay clear of this job. My immediate supervisor was decent, not the worst I've had but certainly not the best. The biggest and most stressful issue I had with Verengo is that every job goes through different departments, and each department is not in the same place. So as a permit runner I would open my laptop in the morning and have (not kidding) 40+ emails about 40+ different jobs awaiting permit approval all in cities spanning about 120+ miles apart in range(you have to drive to all of these). You deal with some pretty nasty people from the call center who have to talk to the customer. You deal with especially nasty "project managers" who are unfamiliar with all the different processes of a solar job and don't realize that things don't just happen in hours because you want them to. All of it really seems to stem from the fact that no one understands the entire process from a customer signing to the finalizing of a project with the city (beginning to end) and the communication gets ridiculous.
Pros
Good co workers, average pay
Cons
Unorganized, long work hours, stressful, bad communication
good benefits
Solar Installer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 11, 2016
Had a good work ethic but started to decline. Too many of the lower associates thought they were better than the supervisors. Moral started to become a problem
Cons
I really enjoyed working here.
HR COORDINATOR /ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 5, 2016
I started working here as a receptionist and with the management I received I was able to further my experience and knowledge. I am grateful for the time worked there.
great work place
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 23, 2016
great enviroment great work place if your the type of person that likes to learn new things verengo solar is that place to be they have people that are not afraid of teaching you new stuff0
Not stable
Residential Solar Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 29, 2015
Not a bad place to work - most professional environment in the industry - best management in the industry - sold the east coast operations and board fired the founders for no reason.
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
Sold the company, no stability
Bottom of the barrel call center
ANONYMOUS (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 31, 2015
Wrong people in place as managers.
Many layoffs.
Little to no structure or training.
No onsite hr.
No drug testing or background check.
Long hours.
Bonuses taken away.
No appreciation no matter how hard you work.
No room for advancement.
Pros
Free food so continue to work thru your lunch break
Cons
Very few breaks if any
Not what it used to be
Sales (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 21, 2015
Company sales have been on the decline and it matches the company culture. When things were fun and vibrant the company sales were through the roof. When the new regime came in, the fun left, as did the growth of the company. Many concerns with the future outlook of this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verengo Solar. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8