VeriCare Employee Review

Incredibly Poor Management
Psychologist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 20, 2014
This is the most poorly managed company I have ever worked for. They have major changes in corporate every few months. The company is so focused on the $$ that clinical relevance is not considered. They have managers making clinical decision as to how many times we should see our patients and continual pressuring us to do so.. Your pay is based on fee for services, which is linked with their EMR system for notes and billing that is a nightmare. After spending 8 hours seeing your patients you spend another 8 trying to sort out your pay, missing notes and referrals; which results in endless emails.
Pros
My patients, I love working with the elderly
Cons
Poor management, long hours

Other VeriCare Employee Reviews

Vericare was great, but now belongs to Med Options
Senior clinical counselor (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 13, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Vericare but it was sometimes difficult when medicare and medicaid reimbursement dropped as we were paid a percentage of their payments. Also we could sometimes lose a contract or lose acceptance of a particular provider without explanation from the facility.

The company was recently subject to a hostile takeover with termination of all management, so I have no idea what it's like now as part of Med Options.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
benefits less than great, but did have them.
Medoptions-vericare management..Very bad company to work for..
Former member (Former Employee) –  FieldJanuary 18, 2017
Those who left great reviews must have just started working here, or don't see what's going on at corporate in CA. Previous OFFICERS (CEO, VP's, etc), who are fortunately gone ruined the company. I don't think they knew what they were doing aside from the VP of Sales. For one, there was the big Dept of Justice that stepped in for Medicare fraud..yes FRAUD!! Google it..read it! So attorney costs and fines were paid. Then the company wasn't making any money cause some dufus in charge of Field Operations/IT was all talk, but no action. He had no idea how to work his field, so alot of the claims were given as #probonos, which went under the radar for years. PROBONOS are you kidding me, no wonder the company went down. Then the TOP OFFICERS got smart and sold the company, which the acquiring company probably had no idea they bought a lemon and not an orange. So now all the corporate workers are getting laid off since this office is going to most likely shut down by mid this year, if not sooner. Those who are left are just doing hard work for the acquiring company to transition, cause they can't get their systems to talk.

So for those who said good work/life balance..yes, but only to those who had understanding supervisors or those employees that didn't care and would still take sick days every week, but never fired. Anyway, who cares about them making breakfast, half-day summer every payday, etc. It was just to feed and distract everyone so they wouldn't have to fork out any raises or bonuses to anyone. Just think how frugal they were, but yet they go on unnecessary summer weekly
  more... business trips. I can't grasp that nor can some of my colleagues. Sometimes I wondered if shareholders actually knew what was going on here....  less
Pros
Some employees who were actually working
Cons
CEO & Senior Officers--bad management of company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VeriCare. Our community is ready to answer.