VeriFone Employee Reviews

No direction
Director (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 24, 2017
Avoid this company to save your career unless you are from a privaliged group.

Management only care about their self interest and meeting quarterly numbers
N/a
Shipping/Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJuly 10, 2017
This place is a stressed out place. You have quarters and you have to meet everything in that quarter. You work 12+ hours with not appropriate breaks, sometimes you come back and work more hours at night. Very stressful.
Good place to work/good people
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, CAJune 26, 2017
A typical day at work was enjoyable, good provided lunch, good people, things to learn, etc. I learned how to input a program on a phone-looking device, etc. The management was okay far as I've experienced. Workplace culture was good. The hardest part of the job was getting there. The most enjoyable part was the lunch, pay, and people.
The most fun and challenging job you could have
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 20, 2017
My three years at Verifone were a constant challenged as the job was always changing and every day something new would be waiting for me to do. The management was always available to provide assistance, yet was hands-off enough to allow you to do your work in a comfortable environment.
Pros
Work from home once a week
Very stressful workplace but management is fair.
Director Network Engineering Sales North America (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 19, 2017
I worked remotely out of my home. They are now trying to have employees work from an office.

I was there for almost 18 years and I did see some advancement but they did not place a lot of effort in trying to sell the products in my business line.

They have a hard time seeing the whole picture and how to really market this product.
Pros
Good benefits, pay was fair, unlimited PTO
Cons
Stressful, demanding, zero recognition, poor management
Nice co-workers, struggling company
DIRECTOR, GLOBAL Compensation, Equity, Benefits (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 15, 2017
Nice co-workers. Struggling company financially. New management. Regions operates separately. Employees tries hard. Many competing priorities. Need better leaders.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Culture and management
A good place to work but as with all things there are challenges
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  CLWJune 15, 2017
Working at VeriFone provides the opportunity for growth with many opportunities for the right person. If you are flexible, intelligent, motivated and a driven individual, you will find a place here. At times, the atmosphere can be a little heavy (as with any company).
Good experience
Senior Industrial Designer (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJune 2, 2017
loved the work.
however over time it was apparent expertise was leaving and there were constantly no opportunities for advancement
Management personnel quality degraded during my tenure
A lot of change right now
Former employee (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 2, 2017
There has been a lot of management turnover in the last couple of years. Verifone is going through a lot of change these days. They are changing direction, but I'm not sure they are clear on what that direction should be. A recent change in culture has meant many remote employees have been forced into the office, so be aware if you want to work from home.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
unclear direction
It's ok if you don't have family
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 27, 2017
The company really needs a total process review. Their processes are struggling in many steps and the management seems lost.
Requires a lot of work that you would not do if the process data flow simply flows.
You will work hard to connect all the dots and the manager will not compliment you. Management is really poor in this company.
Pros
They have lunch on site in San Jose, but you have to pay for it.
Cons
Work-life balance, poor management, really stressful environment, processes misaligned
adaptable atmosphere acceptance of new technologies
Advance Technical Support Engineer/QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 23, 2017
VeriFone is #1 and the technology stack seemed to always be ahead of the technology tools and systems before the rest of the world. I know that is impossible, but their tens of thousands of customers always kept our teams on their toes. Great place to work contribute to how business is done. I could cite 3 major things in the credit card industry that were not being done, until VeriFone released it as a possibility for their customers. Management there encouraged us think outside the box.
Americans Need Not Apply
Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 18, 2017
This company prefers to hire foreign nationals so that they can abuse their workforce. The senior management is so far out of touch with reality it's amazing they find their ways to the office. They focus more on diversity than on quality. I can hear no less than 6 foreign languages from my desk. It's like working in the Tower of Babel. The Work/Life balance is non-existent. They did away with earned vacation and now you can have time off, but only if your manager agrees. They under staff every department, so there is always something that is waiting to prevent you from having time off. They don't care about regulations and apparently prefer to pay penalty fees rather than do things correctly. Instead of cost of living increases over the past few years, they chose to spend millions on painting the office.
Pros
Espresso Machine
Cons
Everything Else
High Demand
Tier 2 Tech Suport (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 12, 2017
High demand of time. Strict policies on leave of absence. If you are a person who has children or a family. Need not apply. This place is for a single person with extreme flexibility and willing to leave life at the door.
Great place to work in overall
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 11, 2017
I like working at VeriFone. Compared to other companies, it is less stressful and management is understanding that team is doing its best and there is no reason for finger pointing when major issue is found by our clients.
Work schedule is flexible, you can come in no later than 10 am and just make sure you do your 8 hours everyday.
Pros
Flexible schedule, flexible time-off, no micro-management
Cons
some managers could do a better job at keeping up with their own projects
Verifone
principal designer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 11, 2017
Verifone Design leadership and EVP over the Experience team is strong and set a consistent direction.

the challenge in front of Verifone is understanding that cheap is not a differentiator. Right now that is the strategy leading segments of the business.
Large Corporate Culture
Senior Product Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 2, 2017
Verifone is a large company - with over 5000+ employees. As such, the company is scattered around the US and the world. My role is an engineering department, and I found the work challenging. Sometimes prone to excessive back to back travel. Like any other large corporation, Verifone suffers the same malady as any other - frequently announced layoffs and cutbacks. Yearly salary review was a measly 2.5% raise. Recently the engineering support group underwent drastic management changes, which included the hiring of "managers" that really had no idea what each engineering support was about. They proceeded to do what they were hired to do - which was to immediately lay off people. I understand that that is sometimes the way things are in corporate America. What I have a problem with is that they did not even bother to ASK the different department heads who to lay off - these people without knowing the face/experience/human behind the names just proceed to lay people off. Our group lost 25% - and we lost persons who were among the most capable - had our group manager had a say in it, those persons would not have been let go but others who were to be frank, on the chopping block. It is this uncaring, wanton act is what has disgusted me the most about Verifone, and I blame the Senior Execs/VPs that hired these new "managers" to carry this out. Moral is low. Time to look elsewhere. You reap what you sow.
Pros
Challenging work
Cons
New Management
Is a nice company.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAMarch 30, 2017
Excellent company.
In the morning after exercises the supervisor checks the works of each one and we start working on the routine of the super visor if there are no changes or some meeting to notify some specifications.
The 10' breaks are respected as well as lunch time. At the end of the day each one cleans up his work area.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks
IT Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 29, 2017
Verifone is a friendly environment with quite a few team building events. A typical day in IT begins on a phone call starting 7AM and continues till noon, collaborative.
great place to work
Senior Recruiter, US Commercial Ops (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Verifone but my contract ended after my 1 year was up. I had a great group of HM that I was able to work with an support. I made many a friendship while there..
Productive environment
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMarch 19, 2017
Love the job got to work with good people
Filing papers
Receptionist
Data entry
Mailing
Shipping and receiving
Picking up phone calls and transfer
Making lunch for meetings
Scheduling meetings
Pros
Hand an hour lunch
Cons
Healthcare benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VeriFone. Our community is ready to answer.