VeriFone Employee Reviews

Nice place to work the management appricated your hard work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 9, 2016
Came in checked e-mail checked each area and see how everything was going and any problems. see what applications needed loaded and down load apps on memory sticks to be loaded to the units .Checked with the management to see if there was anything new that had to be out that day we called them HOTS! They usually did not come in until 10:00AM that morning.

The most difficult part of the day was when the hots came in the last minute before the end of the shift and had to go out that day before 4:00 pm.

Working with the other people and helping others when needed
Pros
Good breaks Nice people Management was good Great benefits like health care and 401 k life insurance
Cons
quarter in needed to be more linear instead of everything to be done in the last minute.
Employees are liabilities not assets
Engineering Director, System Architect (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 12, 2016
Managing a development group of 10.
Petro payment services
Management doesn't listen to lower level management or emplyees
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay, Benifits
I wanted to go permanent - but was contract position
Beta Support Specialist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 18, 2015
Unfortunately, this was only a contract position - which my contract was renewed 2 different times before I decided I was in need of a permanent - direct hire - position with the salary I was desiring.

I enjoyed the casual corporate atmosphere and working with technicians from all over the country and the customers who were willing to be a part of our beta testing of new products.
Pros
casual, blue jean atmosphere, great people to work with
Cons
contract position - only 30 hours per week at 12.00/hr
Great Departmental Teamwork
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 12, 2016
Our team, which initially began with a staff of 6 but was later condensed to a team of 4, worked well together. We were cross-trained for the jobs for all members of the team so that we had full coverage of duties at all times.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Training/information about company products was not easily obtained.
Nice
Management is very good
There was no typical day at work
Good Workplace
Functional Lead Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 1, 2016
Worked on the Country Rollouts for Oracle Implementation of Financials and PO, P2P cycle. Work is very good learning expirence where you get the opportunity to prove.
A True Learning Experience
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 4, 2014
A typical day for me can either be crazy and hectic or pretty laid back depending on how close I am to deadline.

I have learned how to prioritize and manage my time so that I can meet my mandatory deadlines for my check disbursements. I have also learned how to work with others in terms of presenting data in a manner which is easy and straight forward to understand.

The most enjoyable part of my job are working with certain people on a day to day basis. I work with a wonderful group of people in my local office. The hardest part of my job is having to work with management that is on the east coast that only have a overview of my individual job and what is required for my job to be completed.
Pros
great medical benefits, flexible schedule, co-workers, location, independent
Cons
hourly rate, # of hours, lack of appreciation
SALE EXECUTIVE (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 20, 2016
Busy day with all types of calls.My first experience as a Sales Exec feels more like customer service Co-workers are awesome. My manager is great. Interacting with a team, missing the mentoring/coaching/building up a team. I love working from home.
Pros
Working from Home
When Verifone was VeriFone
Sales Manager; Strategic Financial Group (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2016
Was an absolutely fantastic place to work - great camaraderie amongst your peers - a reachable and effective management team that was fully supportive and a culture that made going to work fun.
Great place to learn about Sales
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 18, 2016
Great place to learn about and its career. I was able to learn about the sales side and progress in its field. Dealing with different customers
Great place to work- KP
Sr. Software Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 17, 2016
Productive and fun place to learn while working, easy going colleagues, lots of work to be busy, and to learn, Doesn't have too much work load
Software Developer
Senior Applications Developer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 3, 2016
Incompetent management who had no idea how to deal with staff. Just "meet the deadline or else mentality". Software quality and effectiveness was not a factor and half tested projects were sent to clients in the field.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Too numerous to mention
Undervalues employees and rewards managers who fail!
Sr system Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 16, 2013
This company does not value employees. It takes benefits away from employees. Managers are bullies and are only concerned with their own well being. They are the type to take credit for others people's hard work just to make themselves look good and when they fail to meet their aggressive goals they blame the workers that are already over worked and under valued. Micromanagement and high turn over.
Pros
dress code
Cons
under values employees, bullies as managers, only thinks of the bottom line and not of the employees.
AWS/DevOps Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 24, 2016
Productive and got a chance to learn a lot. My Manager was very supportive and always encouraged to learn new stuff.
I got a chance to interact with different teams from multiple projects.
Great company
IT TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 14, 2015
VeriFone is great company to work for, the pay, benefits are great, I missed working for VeriFone
for my 3 years experience as manager I deal with great executive manager, great HR, I really enjoyed working for them
testing
Sr. QA engineer (Current Employee) –  USAJanuary 24, 2016
good company to work and the associates are friendly and gel with team. i enjoyed working with this company. the management is good and provide the necessites to employess
sales support (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 20, 2015
New CEO = new changes

Payment systems companies are always looking for the bigger and better technology. VeriFone is currently doing this nd its bringing in more work for a reduced staff
Pros
flexible
Cons
reduction in staff; need more people to complete new taks
Well managed and operated company.
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 19, 2012
Company has a whole is very well run. However the company could be and perform much better if they addressed recurring personnel issues.
They have middle management persons that may be educated but have no clue how to manage personnel and processes.
Pros
staff, attitude, senior management, benefits
Cons
top heavy in middle management, personnel fails to address issues when raised.
People and Products are Truly Awesome
Manager, Engineering Projects (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAMarch 8, 2015
- A typical day would go by fast and be filled with a diverse set of tasks & challenges to tackle, whether designing and developing products and accessories, working with marketing on custom requirements, chairing teleconferences with people in multiple countries and time zones, 3D printing prototypes for design validation, or checking on existing experiments and hardware qualification testing statuses and apparatuses.

- I learned to never be complacent and to always be adding value, as well as how to build team trust and lead by example.

- Management is continuously improving and always sensitive to employees' personal circumstances.

- Co-workers are talented, hard-working, and remain true genuine friends, and very innovative and adaptive to constant change and competing priorities.

- With a globally-distributed team, the hardest part of the job would be trying to avoid working around the clock 24/7, as the world never stops turning and the work is seemingly endless, which is tempting to work late into the wee hours to stay one step ahead, but exhausting and a threat to the work/life balance. Also, a culture of constantly being available for helping and mentoring others can also be distracting from ones own commitments getting completed.

- Most enjoyable, without a doubt, is the creation of new and unique secure payment technology that everyone around the world uses intuitively because of our massive design forethought and effort to delight end-users and merchants alike.
Pros
great people, great locations, great benefits
Cons
lack of profit sharing, lack of strategic product road map, no cohesive tie-ins with products hardware and software "families"