People and Products are Truly Awesome
Manager, Engineering Projects (Former Employee) – Rocklin, CA – March 8, 2015
- A typical day would go by fast and be filled with a diverse set of tasks & challenges to tackle, whether designing and developing products and accessories, working with marketing on custom requirements, chairing teleconferences with people in multiple countries and time zones, 3D printing prototypes for design validation, or checking on existing experiments and hardware qualification testing statuses and apparatuses.
- I learned to never be complacent and to always be adding value, as well as how to build team trust and lead by example.
- Management is continuously improving and always sensitive to employees' personal circumstances.
- Co-workers are talented, hard-working, and remain true genuine friends, and very innovative and adaptive to constant change and competing priorities.
- With a globally-distributed team, the hardest part of the job would be trying to avoid working around the clock 24/7, as the world never stops turning and the work is seemingly endless, which is tempting to work late into the wee hours to stay one step ahead, but exhausting and a threat to the work/life balance. Also, a culture of constantly being available for helping and mentoring others can also be distracting from ones own commitments getting completed.
- Most enjoyable, without a doubt, is the creation of new and unique secure payment technology that everyone around the world uses intuitively because of our massive design forethought and effort to delight end-users and merchants alike.
great people, great locations, great benefits
lack of profit sharing, lack of strategic product road map, no cohesive tie-ins with products hardware and software "families"