VeriSign Employee Reviews

Currently interning
Front End Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 21, 2017
Currently interning. So far, looking forward to learn new technologies and participate in the Network automation team as a data Visualization UI developer.
Good company with steady revenue
Sr. Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 3, 2017
Good company to work for. Good work life balance. Great working environment. Top heavy company so not many opprotunities for advancement. Company is highly risk averse so innovation and entry into new spaces is not encouraged.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
not many opportunities to advance
Excellent Company
Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 19, 2017
Beautiful building, great location, smart people, interesting work, and exceptional benefits. There is nothing to dislike about VERISIGN. I'm still a fan.
Very fun, very interactive, very positive place to work
Executive Assistant & Board Liaison (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAApril 9, 2017
I was consistently challenged, had fun, worked hard and loved my time at VeriSign. The people I worked with were wonderful and teamwork was great, with no one constantly looking over their shoulder to see if someone else was trying to steal their job. Great culture.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMarch 29, 2017
This is a really awesome company. They give you a chance to grow and thrive. They are very family orientated. They don't stop anyone from trying to further their education.
Dynamic high growth commercial technology company
Senior Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAMarch 22, 2017
Start a day by reviewing international tasks that came in overnight and then tackle agreement review backlog, prioritizing tasks based upon fluid business requirements. Agreements ranged from NDAs through customer direct sales and complex channel re-sales. Workplace culture was sales driven, work hard-play hard, very positive.
Pros
Work, co-workers, working deals, compensation
Cons
Post end of quarter doldrums
Great place to intern
Product Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 13, 2017
Real work, excellent benefits for employees, cafeteria is subsidized and delicious. Very organized and professional where it counts, but the people are nice and always motivated to do good work
OK if you like playing political games
Technical Writer/Editor (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAFebruary 24, 2017
A typical day at work had me off and running from the moment I logged in. It was always interesting and challenging. I was always learning about new software and software practices. Never a dull moment. I loved it.

The worst and the hardest part of the job was the politics. The only way to get ahead even if you were excellent at your job was to kiss up. Upper management has egos like nothing I have ever experienced. Promotions were rarely given the little people. HR seemed to be oblivious of some of the activities that had to be abusing the company Code of Conduct.

The best part of the job was the people. They were all so smart. I loved being part of a team. They were family. I loved the diversity and learning about different cultures.

It has underground parking which is excellent, a great cafeteria, a fab gym.

I would still be there but my husband wanted to move out of state.
Pros
Decent healthcare, subsidized lunches, free gym, interesting classes, and tech talks
Cons
politics
Lots of supportive writers and engineers.
Technical Writer III (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 24, 2017
I got to work with the payments team, and they really liked working with me. Together, we put together some great documentation. My manager appreciated that, too.
Pros
Great support
Cons
Everyone had ears when you needed to answer the phone.
Productive and fun place to work.
Engineer IV (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 23, 2017
Outstanding company to work for. Excellent teams, friendly environment. Something new to know every work day.
Top notch management team. Highly motivated and professional board of directors. Great culture. Powerful and useful training events.
Pros
Free bagels and soda. Team buildings.
Cons
An excellent place to work
DATA CENTER OPERATIONS ENGINEER III (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEDecember 17, 2016
I have had the opportunity to teach others as well as learn a lot about Data Center functionality. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to do extensive troubleshooting. The most difficult part of my job was lifting extremely heavy servers, to rack overhead, with substandard equipment. It was most pleasurable to work closely with other team mates in other parts of the country. I truly enjoyed working as a member of the networking team for over a year.
fast-paced and dynamic environment
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 23, 2016
Learned many things on the job.
Things and priorities can be changing very quickly.
Never a dull moment.
Many nice coworkers
Pros
dynamic work environment
Cons
always busy
Technical Industry
Product Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 27, 2016
Working in a high tech corporation for 10 years, had taught me to be professional, proficient, and exercised my technical skills along as customer service and problem solving skills.
Overall good, with some struggles in culture
Management (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 5, 2016
There seems like a place for innovation, but it moves slower than expected.

The people you work with are generally very nice, but the teamwork could be improved on.

The cafeteria is priced perfectly and allows you to grab a quick breakfast or lunch each day. Also, the Starbucks coffee at the cafe is a perk too.
Pros
subsidized cafeteria
Cons
healthcare, culture
Very good to work here.
Programmer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VA 20190April 21, 2016
This is a very good company to work for. They treat their employees well. Also they are a very stable company and I have not seen any layoffs.
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 13, 2016
Great place to work in the mid 2000's before they broke up the different functional areas.

Great teams, work environment and ability to create solutions that meet customer needs.
Strong Technical Skills
Lead Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAOctober 1, 2015
It was exciting to work at a place with people of exceptional technical skills. Lots of great Telecom learnings and keeping pace with the changes in technology.
Great place to work, learn and grow while doing menaingful work
Principal (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 30, 2015
Verisign is a great place to learn about critical Internet infrastructure. You are surrounded by very intelligent people both in the engineering and management roles. It is a great place to learn and grow and the compensation is competitive.
Pros
great people
Cons
strategic management decisions can take time
learded great life skill
PC Tech (Former Employee) –  Silver City, NMJanuary 20, 2015
well was was a pc tech and no experience needed they paid to train me i learned patients for the most part hardest part of job was their was no three strike rule a customer could call me everything but a white person and i could not end the call
VeriSign
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 24, 2014
Great overall experience. Exposed to all kinds of technologies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VeriSign. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4