Verisk Health Employee Reviews

Company Activities/ Perks
Healthcare Medical Record Retrieval (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTOctober 3, 2017
every week on Wednesdays, Verscend will bring free lunch to all the employees.
Every month Verscend will do something that is activity based, or team based to make work a fun and sustainable work place.

Working for Verscend formally Verisk Health is a wonderful experience and company. I have grown and learned so much about healthcare that I never thought I would get the chance to learn. I enjoy my job, co-workers, and management. They have worked hard to make working with Verscend a wonderful experience.
Pros
company activities, free lunch, great hours
Cons
expensvie healthcare coverage, shift bids every three months
Great working environment
Records Retrieval Agent (Former Employee) –  Ephraim, UTSeptember 5, 2017
It was an excellent company to work for with amazing coworkers. The days were fast paced but exciting because you could be talking to people from all across the country.
Stressful work filled with employees that revolve around drama
Medical Records Retrieval Agent (Former Employee) –  Ephraim, UTJuly 18, 2017
There was so much drama between coworkers and moving up took lots of time. Strict schedules made it tough with kids. Management was tough to deal with and seemed to have very little help with questions.
they offer overtime
Medical Records Tech (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 24, 2017
if you like call centers and making outbound calls, this is a great job for you. They offer insurance and paid days off. they also offer overtime at times. Management likes to do one on ones.
Pros
the employees are fun
Cons
micromanaged
Productive and interactive environment.
Retrieval Agent (Former Employee) –  South Jordan Heights, UTMay 15, 2017
An exciting day with a new task every day. I learned a bit more of HIPAA Law and how to work around the office and in hospital offices. The environment was great because everyone that I worked with, in my office and on the other side of the phone line, were all upbeat and fun loving. I don't recall a hard part of the job and I remember many enjoyable parts of the job. My boss was great, which lead to great and happy employees which made the happy environment consistent.
Pros
Work Parties, numerous breaks
Lots of work little reward
Retrieval Agent (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 7, 2017
I enjoyed my time here due to the good co workers I was able to work with. Management was not understanding and in my department knew very little of what we had to do as retrieval agents. Very numbers driven and pay little attention to the needs of employees.
Pros
Stable, decent pay
Cons
mangement
productive and fun place
Clinical Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 29, 2017
Work hours were very flexible. Worked from home some days.
Did not think there was much room for advancement.
There si not much more to tell. I went to work did my job and was reviewed every day.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
upper management seemed to be MIA quite often
excellent place to work!
HEDIS Overreader (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 24, 2017
The people are very accommodating and easy to approach with questions and eager to teach. Working remotely was a huge bonus as I could work when it was best for me as I have small children.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
little advancement
Don't think about advancement
Retrieval Agent (Current Employee) –  Ephraim, UTMarch 9, 2017
This place is so melancholy. There is no room for advancement, if you talk to your neighbor for a second you get yelled at and there are very few people who are friendly. The pay is terrible for the type of work being done and management does a poor job at recognizing people who do great.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
no benefits with temp, temp contract end without notice
Supervisor Amanda Watkins (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 23, 2017
enjoy remote working, hours available great, pay was ok, available work, no promotion, contract ended abruptly, no one was available if you had question or needed assistance.
Can be a drag
Senior Software Solutions Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 14, 2017
There are some great people working in the Waltham, MA office of what is now Verscend after the sell off of Verisk Health from the Verisk parent company. The group in Kathmandu, Nepal can make your work day challenging. The software products were originally developed by this group and the result continues to use ancient technology and be quite buggy.

Verscend is still trying to find its footing after the separation from Verisk. Because of the loss of some of the largest clients with no replacements in sight, the company needed a major layoff to keep going.

I think that the company has potential since the software developers in Waltham are trying to move the Nepal group to use a contemporary ASP.NET stack for the web site. A lot depends on whether or not some of the possible clients can be acquired.
Pros
Nice people in Waltham
Cons
The financial situation and the challenges that come out of the Nepal group.
Good working environment with great coworkers
Records Retrieval Agent (Former Employee) –  Ephraim, UTFebruary 11, 2017
Working at Verisk was a great experience for me. The job required us to call medical offices around the US on behalf of specific insurance companies and retrieve patients' medical records. Everything was very confidential and followed the HIPAA laws. Having this job helped me learn more about how important it is to keep others medical records secret and also how the medical world works. For me, working at a cubicle is hard, and it was not easy sitting at a desk all day being on a computer. I did enjoy my coworkers very much and also the team leads around the office. It was a very controlled and enjoyable working environment. It was a serious environment also, but there were times when we were able to laugh and enjoy outside work conversation.
Pros
Healthcare benefits, salary, coworkers
Cons
Short breaks, consistent desk work
good place to work
Coder I (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 1, 2017
I worked remote in this company. My duties were to read documents and apply codes. My overall accuracy is 97%. I learned a lot with the training that the company offers and good discussions with QAs about coding problems.
Pros
free encoder pro and aapc affiliation
Cons
breaks
Worst IT shop in Richmond VA
Sr. Software Developer, Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 2, 2016
Many people who worked at Verisk when I was there came in with the best of intentions, gung-ho to do the right thing and improve the medical world through technology.

Almost all of them were squashed into place and forced to comply or leave as Verisk took over from Healthrisk Partners and ruined everything that made the company great prior.

There are still some shining lights persisting at Verisk, trying desperately to save the place. But ultimately it was an experience I wish I could go back in time and convince myself to avoid.

Staff often pointed out when corporate/director/architect decisions were going to cause problems and would usually offer alternatives and solutions with the same, or a superior, end result that would avoid, or prevent, the problems they were forecasting. Those people were generally ignored, pushed aside or "put in their place". The only answer that seemed acceptable was to use whatever sized sledgehammer necessary to jam the solution home, even if it was the wrong way to do things, because there was ALWAYS time to do things twice, and never any time to do things right.

Middle management was quite adept at floating smoke screens to upper management and deflecting, or hiding, blame. They never seemed capable of handling the real issues, handling under-performing staff, recognizing over-performing staff or really doing much of anything. Most middle management could be caught regularly watching streaming services like Netflix or Hulu right at their desk, while the people they managed worked double and triple shifts to meet unreasonable, unyielding
  more... deadlines.

Verisk Health was like a perfect case study on how beating people down long enough will, in fact, drive most of them into submission and turn them into mindless drones. Every now and then some of them wake up and jump ship, but the entire place stays afloat simply because too many of their staff feel downtrodden and trapped.
Pros
I met a few nice people that are still friends
Cons
Name any con you like, it's probably present here
Temporary job
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 1, 2016
Great flexible work environment. Very team oriented approach to completing tasks. Would have enjoyed working with them full time however I was hired for a temporary project.
An organization in transition
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 28, 2016
Great place for self-starters, lot of opportunity. However, after the recent acquisition by Veritas, the company is going through a lot of transition. For those who embrace change, this could be good. Feels a little rocky right now.
Great place to work!
Data Analyst II (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTAugust 2, 2016
Great place to work! I've learned a lot that is betterin my career. Verisk offers great education opportunities. Great benefits. Laid back environment.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities.
Good Company
Data Ops Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 23, 2016
Worked with medical insurance companies, including Aetna, Coventry, Anthem and other clients of VH, to ensure their revenue-generating business objectives.
Communicate with clients and clients servers.
Great work/life balance
Nice team.
fun & great place to work
Clinical Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 18, 2016
good place. I think is it unfair to be forced to review a previous job when applying for another. It is a great place, good people, fun environment.
Pros
flex time
Third Party Company
Retrieval Agent/Convergys (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 7, 2016
This company is hired by insurance companies who need medical records. Being part of a third party contracted company is not all that great. You got Verisk agents that don't know how to look up facility information to save their life. The insurance companies in my opinion can get the medical records themselves. I'm sorry but when you work at a company who is contracted with a company that is contracted with different companies, that is tacky to me. You have people who do not have a clue as to what they are doing and why. Then they want to pay the third party company 10.75 an hour knowing good and well for all the work we have to do, it should be more than that! I don't have good things to say about this company because this company is disorganized and needs a big reevaulation.