Verisk Health Employee Reviews

Good working environment with great coworkers
Records Retrieval Agent (Former Employee) –  Ephraim, UTFebruary 11, 2017
Working at Verisk was a great experience for me. The job required us to call medical offices around the US on behalf of specific insurance companies and retrieve patients' medical records. Everything was very confidential and followed the HIPAA laws. Having this job helped me learn more about how important it is to keep others medical records secret and also how the medical world works. For me, working at a cubicle is hard, and it was not easy sitting at a desk all day being on a computer. I did enjoy my coworkers very much and also the team leads around the office. It was a very controlled and enjoyable working environment. It was a serious environment also, but there were times when we were able to laugh and enjoy outside work conversation.
Pros
Healthcare benefits, salary, coworkers
Cons
Short breaks, consistent desk work
Don't think about advancement
Retrieval Agent (Current Employee) –  Ephraim, UTMarch 9, 2017
This place is so melancholy. There is no room for advancement, if you talk to your neighbor for a second you get yelled at and there are very few people who are friendly. The pay is terrible for the type of work being done and management does a poor job at recognizing people who do great.
Pros
It's a job
Can be a drag
Senior Software Solutions Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 14, 2017
There are some great people working in the Waltham, MA office of what is now Verscend after the sell off of Verisk Health from the Verisk parent company. The group in Kathmandu, Nepal can make your work day challenging. The software products were originally developed by this group and the result continues to use ancient technology and be quite buggy.

Verscend is still trying to find its footing after the separation from Verisk. Because of the loss of some of the largest clients with no replacements in sight, the company needed a major layoff to keep going.

I think that the company has potential since the software developers in Waltham are trying to move the Nepal group to use a contemporary ASP.NET stack for the web site. A lot depends on whether or not some of the possible clients can be acquired.
Pros
Nice people in Waltham
Cons
The financial situation and the challenges that come out of the Nepal group.
good place to work
Coder I (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 1, 2017
I worked remote in this company. My duties were to read documents and apply codes. My overall accuracy is 97%. I learned a lot with the training that the company offers and good discussions with QAs about coding problems.
Pros
free encoder pro and aapc affiliation
Cons
breaks
no benefits with temp, temp contract end without notice
Supervisor Amanda Watkins (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 23, 2017
enjoy remote working, hours available great, pay was ok, available work, no promotion, contract ended abruptly, no one was available if you had question or needed assistance.
An organization in transition
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 28, 2016
Great place for self-starters, lot of opportunity. However, after the recent acquisition by Veritas, the company is going through a lot of transition. For those who embrace change, this could be good. Feels a little rocky right now.
Temporary job
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 1, 2016
Great flexible work environment. Very team oriented approach to completing tasks. Would have enjoyed working with them full time however I was hired for a temporary project.
Great place to work!
Data Analyst II (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTAugust 2, 2016
Great place to work! I've learned a lot that is betterin my career. Verisk offers great education opportunities. Great benefits. Laid back environment.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities.
Third Party Company
Retrieval Agent/Convergys (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 7, 2016
This company is hired by insurance companies who need medical records. Being part of a third party contracted company is not all that great. You got Verisk agents that don't know how to look up facility information to save their life. The insurance companies in my opinion can get the medical records themselves. I'm sorry but when you work at a company who is contracted with a company that is contracted with different companies, that is tacky to me. You have people who do not have a clue as to what they are doing and why. Then they want to pay the third party company 10.75 an hour knowing good and well for all the work we have to do, it should be more than that! I don't have good things to say about this company because this company is disorganized and needs a big reevaulation.
Good Company
Data Ops Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 23, 2016
Worked with medical insurance companies, including Aetna, Coventry, Anthem and other clients of VH, to ensure their revenue-generating business objectives.
Communicate with clients and clients servers.
Great work/life balance
Nice team.
No Way
Medical Records Retrieval Agent (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 28, 2016
Verisk Health is not the company that they try to portray online.

As a former employee I can tell you that company is not worth to work for

The Team Leaders are able to do whatever they want with ZERO recourse at all

You are forced to reach their quota every single day or your job is on the line.

You are required to contact as many medical providers as possible and obtain their precious medical records

I would never recommend anyone to work there
Productive= and cooperative environment.
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 21, 2016
Responsible for analyzing and organizing data base of employee statistics to help determine proper job classifications and salaries. Worked on developing program to promote cultural diversity and understanding in the workplace. Interact with co-workers in various offices abroad to collect and analyze cultural information. Learned the value of teamwork with the office and companywide.
fun & great place to work
Clinical Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 18, 2016
good place. I think is it unfair to be forced to review a previous job when applying for another. It is a great place, good people, fun environment.
Pros
flex time
Remote position
Remote HCC Coder (Current Employee) –  Darien, ILApril 8, 2016
Difficult to talk about since worked remotely and only really communicated via email and office communicator. Great flexibility and pay working remotely just difficult to get help at times
Accounts Payable Specialist / Team Mentor (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 20, 2016
A great company to grow in. What I learned I was able to pass down to new hires entering the company.
Many co-workers depended on me as a department mentor, which suited my strength in training.
Productive and fun workplace with large breakroom
Retrieval Agent (Former Employee) –  Ephraim, UTFebruary 11, 2016
Great job with excellent benefits. Ability to build a career in company. Excellent Pay and faculty. I will miss my employment with this company.
Pros
Great on the job training
Cons
Productivity based have to meet a daily quota
Reviewed medical charts for HCC codes.High production expectation and little to no training.
HCC Coder (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 17, 2015
Great job for at home workers. One all day training and then very large production expectations. Very little feedback. Was told if you don't hear anything from team lead, you were doing well. Not so. When contracts end, so does your employment.
Pros
Pay and ability to work from home
Cons
No training. Never knowing if you are doing your job correctly.
Rising Organization with Passionate People
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 4, 2015
Verisk Health is a company that offers a lot of really brilliant people and a place where you truly can learn something new every day. There exists experience within the organization that can help you grow, not just intellectually, but professionally. The hardest part of the job is handling the chaos created by frequently changing leadership in a company that has grown really fast and has had a hard time finding the stability point in the growth. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to watch teams truly come together and grow together to become extremely productive as a whole. Due to the fast growth, processes have not been fully defined, which allows the ability for individuals to have input on what the processes should be moving forward.
Pros
Passionate Team Members, Understanding of the Goals
Cons
Healthcare industry can be illogical. Must be able to adapt to frequent change
Verisk Health
Records Retrieval Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ephraim, UTAugust 5, 2015
I worked at Verisk Health for 6 months. The compensation was decent. Job duties included calling medical facilities to verify information so we could request medical records on behalf of insurance companies and lawyers offices. Follow-up calls would be made until the request was filled.

There was a high expectation on how many facilities needed to be called every day and how many records needed to come in each day. It was difficult to meet these expectations no matter how hard I tried. We would have breaks but there wasn't much time to get to know our co-workers.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Not enough time to get to know co-workers, Expectations were very difficult to reach.
Very employee friendly and high quality
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTOctober 19, 2015
This company is very dedicated to service and in providing a high quality product. Since the work involves very sensitive information (medical documents) their security is extremely tight, so as to protect personal information, both for employees and for their clients. They are also very concerned with each employee as a person, being very flexible and understanding to personal circumstances, being willing to work with you, whatever your circumstances may be. Benefits are very good (if you can get on permanently) such as discounted stock options, excellent insurance (low premiums with high coverage) and employee matching for 401K.
Pros
Employee matching for 401K, discounted stock options, excellent insurance (low premiums with high coverage), tight security (to protect both employee information and all client information)
Cons
A lot of temporary work, so it's hard to get on permanently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verisk Health. Our community is ready to answer.