Verisk Health Employee Reviews in United States

Remote position
Remote HCC Coder (Current Employee) –  Darien, ILApril 8, 2016
Difficult to talk about since worked remotely and only really communicated via email and office communicator. Great flexibility and pay working remotely just difficult to get help at times
No Way
Medical Records Retrieval Agent (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 28, 2016
Verisk Health is not the company that they try to portray online.

As a former employee I can tell you that company is not worth to work for

The Team Leaders are able to do whatever they want with ZERO recourse at all

You are forced to reach their quota every single day or your job is on the line.

You are required to contact as many medical providers as possible and obtain their precious medical records

I would never recommend anyone to work there
Accounts Payable Specialist / Team Mentor (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMarch 20, 2016
A great company to grow in. What I learned I was able to pass down to new hires entering the company.
Many co-workers depended on me as a department mentor, which suited my strength in training.
Productive= and cooperative environment.
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 21, 2016
Responsible for analyzing and organizing data base of employee statistics to help determine proper job classifications and salaries. Worked on developing program to promote cultural diversity and understanding in the workplace. Interact with co-workers in various offices abroad to collect and analyze cultural information. Learned the value of teamwork with the office and companywide.
Productive and fun workplace with large breakroom
Retrieval Agent (Former Employee) –  Ephraim, UTFebruary 11, 2016
Great job with excellent benefits. Ability to build a career in company. Excellent Pay and faculty. I will miss my employment with this company.
Pros
Great on the job training
Cons
Productivity based have to meet a daily quota
IT Reactionary management and poor benefits make for a bad work environment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 9, 2016
Reactionary management leads to lots of nights and weekends. There is little to no forward thinking. High turnover makes it very difficult to get anything done as nobody has product knowledge. Nights/weekends are standard for SMEs punishing them for hard work and knowledge. Multiple war rooms happening at a time to put out fires is normal, then those employees get yelled at by upper management when trying to resolve issues. Morale is very low. Communication is very poor. Job roles and responsibilities are very unclear. Lots of managers (bosses) and no leadership. No advancement opportunities or employee development plans. Instead of considering internal, the standard is to hire external.

Benefits are minimal. They have 2 options for health care because one doesn't qualify for the minimum requirement for one if the states in which they have an office. 401K matching is done with company stock.

Salaries tend to be high. PTO is about average, not too bad. Maternal/Paternal leave available.
Pros
High Salaries
Cons
Nights/weekends, no advancement, reactionary management, poor communication
Rising Organization with Passionate People
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 4, 2015
Verisk Health is a company that offers a lot of really brilliant people and a place where you truly can learn something new every day. There exists experience within the organization that can help you grow, not just intellectually, but professionally. The hardest part of the job is handling the chaos created by frequently changing leadership in a company that has grown really fast and has had a hard time finding the stability point in the growth. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to watch teams truly come together and grow together to become extremely productive as a whole. Due to the fast growth, processes have not been fully defined, which allows the ability for individuals to have input on what the processes should be moving forward.
Pros
Passionate Team Members, Understanding of the Goals
Cons
Healthcare industry can be illogical. Must be able to adapt to frequent change
Reviewed medical charts for HCC codes.High production expectation and little to no training.
HCC Coder (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 17, 2015
Great job for at home workers. One all day training and then very large production expectations. Very little feedback. Was told if you don't hear anything from team lead, you were doing well. Not so. When contracts end, so does your employment.
Pros
Pay and ability to work from home
Cons
No training. Never knowing if you are doing your job correctly.
Very employee friendly and high quality
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTOctober 19, 2015
This company is very dedicated to service and in providing a high quality product. Since the work involves very sensitive information (medical documents) their security is extremely tight, so as to protect personal information, both for employees and for their clients. They are also very concerned with each employee as a person, being very flexible and understanding to personal circumstances, being willing to work with you, whatever your circumstances may be. Benefits are very good (if you can get on permanently) such as discounted stock options, excellent insurance (low premiums with high coverage) and employee matching for 401K.
Pros
Employee matching for 401K, discounted stock options, excellent insurance (low premiums with high coverage), tight security (to protect both employee information and all client information)
Cons
A lot of temporary work, so it's hard to get on permanently.
Undercompensate valuable employees
Operations Project Manager (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTOctober 14, 2015
They don't compensate their valuable employees and don't care about the peons.If you don't have VP associated with your job title then you don't mean as much to them as an employee.
Little training given
HCC coder (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 11, 2015
Verisk is a great place to work if you need flexible hours, good benefits and fair pay. My only complaint is the training was very little and those that did train seemed to be unsure of the material themselves.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
poor training
Fun place to work
Records Retrieval Agent (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTSeptember 8, 2015
Great Management and great company to work for.
The company is really great in being one on one with their employees.
Its a great where you can climb up to the team management level or to go to higher level in the department.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
benefits are not that good
Verisk Health
Records Retrieval Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ephraim, UTAugust 5, 2015
I worked at Verisk Health for 6 months. The compensation was decent. Job duties included calling medical facilities to verify information so we could request medical records on behalf of insurance companies and lawyers offices. Follow-up calls would be made until the request was filled.

There was a high expectation on how many facilities needed to be called every day and how many records needed to come in each day. It was difficult to meet these expectations no matter how hard I tried. We would have breaks but there wasn't much time to get to know our co-workers.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Not enough time to get to know co-workers, Expectations were very difficult to reach.
Nice place to work. Good people.
Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 14, 2015
Coded assigned insurance group records during the day. We had frequent meetings to make sure we were all caught up with the clients demands as far as what they wanted reported (retrospective coding for Medicare claims).
Great Team of people to work with
Client Services Representative - Aetna/Coventry (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJune 29, 2015
Job is challenging and you work hard. Overtime is a definite especially if you are salary. Management is fair. Love working with the different departments and working together as a team.
Pros
Team oriented company
Cons
Work long hours
Laid back workplace not as stressful as most call centers
Medical Record Retrieval Agent (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJune 29, 2015
I enjoyed working at Verisk Health because my manager was awesome. The work was easy to learn but I got sick of it after awhile because it became very repetitive and I started to feel like a robot
Pros
nice building
Cons
computer system needs update
Position was 100% remote work from home.
Remote HEDIS Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJune 23, 2015
My supervisors were very involved in the day to day work. They kept me informed of what was expected and responded quickly to my questions. My co-workers all worked remotely from various places around the country yet communication was quick and easy among all members of the group. The work assigned was exactly what I expected. Compliments came regularly and when a problem did arise, friendly reteaching instead of reproach was used as a form of correction.
Pros
Work my own schedule; work as much as I wanted to
Cons
computer glitches occurred a few times but were quickly fixed
Great company with great opportunity, needs major training
Remote Coder (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 12, 2015
This is a great company to get your foot in the door of the medical coding world. I can only speak from my experience, all staff were very professional and curteous, however lacked the mangerial skills needed to teach entry level personel exactly what is expected. Rules changed on a daily basis and it was very hard to grasp the concept when nothing seemed stable at the time I was employeed. There was a great amount of Managerial turn over along with entry level coder turn over.
Pros
Pay was great, very flexible hours, extra training provided if needed
Cons
Rules changes on a daily basis, management was not consistant
Good workplace with little room for advancement.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMay 31, 2015
A typical day at work included reviewing medical records and searching for correct requests. Dealt with sensitive information. We were able to listen to music and talk to others. The hardest part of the job was the lack of a clear career path. Management was good and listened to our suggestions.
Verisk Health
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMay 17, 2015
Very laid back environment. Work at your own pace and be in charge of yourself. Some employees are great to work with; others not so much. Management wants to be your friend more than a supervisor which can cause some trouble with work. Can be very stressful at times and you will feel you are doing more work than what you get paid to do.
Pros
laid back environment
Cons
pay, management