Verisk Health

Verisk Health Employer Reviews

Fun place and educational
Clinical Coder (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch mostly once a week
Cons: management
Learning something everyday was great to look forward to, management is very poor in making decision and changing policy.
Stable work industry, good people, needs fixing
Provider Payments Manager (Current Employee), South Jordan, UTJuly 16, 2014
Great place to work. Great people and attracts hard working individuals.
Low income, High stress
Senior mips agent (Current Employee), South Jordan, UTJuly 15, 2014
This company is a place for people that are not looking for advancement and love getting underpaid.
70% employee turn-over and company is in a "free fall"
Confidential (Current Employee), Waltham, MAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: free soda
Cons: low pay, low moral, high employee turn-over
Poor place to work. Very difficult to get guidance on your day to day work because leaders have all left.
productive, fast paced place to work
HCC Medical Coder (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJune 22, 2014
Pros: very flexible work hours, worked remote.
Cons: no chance of a permanent position, contract only
I worked a remote contract position with Verisk; very helpful friendly group to work with.
No review
Director (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNMay 14, 2014
Was a hard decision to leave but I don't miss the hours expectations
Remote positions are old hat
Certified Professional Coder, Auditor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 19, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: as a prn, only 29 hours are allowed
This company has remote coding and communications that work better than some offices. Management team is experienced and courteous. Training staff is thorough and friendly
Great Team
Analyst (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTMarch 16, 2014
Pros: employees are the best
Cons: not enough training or management involvement
A typical day was looking for any potential fraud situations and report for investigation.
I found there was a huge difference in what is acceptable within Medicaid programs and private insurance companies.

Manager was not as pro active in getting resources and training needed for new employees to be successful as others I had worked for in the past.

Most – more... of my coworkers were a dream to work with. Smart, funny, helpful and all there for you when you had a question or needed help.
Great support system within the Team.

The hardest part of the job was learning to "let go" of the bigger picture and focus on smaller but significant discrepancies.

I loved the diverse atmosphere of this company. I worked with and around a lot of people who enjoyed their job and wanted to make a difference. I enjoyed every day I went to work.
I would love to work there again but in a different area. – less
lacked training.
Certified Professional Coder (Current Employee), richmond, vaMarch 9, 2014
not properly trained.
doing work you aren't qualified for.
Great environment to work in
Medical Coder (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: low pay
Great environment. People are very nice to work with and there is opportunity for advancement.
Career that taught me a lot
Accounts Payable (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTMarch 2, 2014
Pros: the team i worked with
Cons: being hired and let go as temps, even though the trainer told all of the temps that we were officially hired on, that bluff was not acceptible according to my work ethic, and the hourly wage was low as well.
Developed a career in the finance department and made sure the Medical Records invoices were either paid or disputed depending on State Statutes, if the invoice was a duplicate, had already been adhered to, or if the medical records had already been copied and sent from the facility prior to instead of from a copy service. Worked using a 10 key and – more... wrote informant letters to the copy services explaining any discrepancies. Gained a financial and accounts payable knowledge in which will be in need and will be put to use in any career as well. – less
A pretty good place to work
MIPS Agent (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTFebruary 17, 2014
I worked the late shift (1:30PM-10:00PM), which suited me very well. I learned a lot about different software programs, as well as procedures for procuring medical documents. Also learned some medical and legal terminology from the documents I handled. The management was good for the most part. The hardest part of the job was when there would be technical – more... difficulties that interfered with job performance. The most enjoyable part of the job was that, while I was part of a team (and thus had a support system I could turn to if I had any difficulties), I was also able to delegate my own tasks and work independently for the majority of the workday. – less
Medical Coder (Current Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 2, 2014
Worked from home, did not have too much encounter with co workers
Productive and Excellent Job Culture
Sr. Java Developer (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: workplace culture
Cons: nothing
I was very happy to work in a environment like Versik. This was a place where I can utilize my skills for the betterment of the organization.
Great Place and Great Company.
Home Health Medical Coder (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 23, 2014
Here at Verisk, you can learn a lot of great information. They are the best company to work for. I am sorry I left them. They will teach you about ICD 9 codes and how to apply them to your everyday work.
Love the people in a very fast paced environment.
Team Lead (Current Employee), South Jordan, UTJanuary 7, 2014
Love the people in a very fast paced environment. Company is growing extremely fast. Great company.
Fun company to work with.
Medical Record Retrieval Agent (Current Employee), South Jordan, UTNovember 10, 2013
Pros: fun crowd
Cons: job security
Working with Verisk Health is fun as the group I work with is around my age. Job Security can sometimes worry me as I do not know if I will be replace easily.
Good company to work for.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 9, 2013
It was a call center position. I learned how to properly conduct a phone conversation with customers. I truly enjoyed interacting with clients and my co-workers were great people to work with. Management was also very helpful & beneficial towards me succeeding within the company. Unfortuely, it was a contract position that only lasted for three months.
Productive and learning environment
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Waltham, MAOctober 23, 2012
Pros: free pizzas and drinks in kitchen
Cons: working on weekends sometimes
My tenure in Verisk health has been very productive where I learned to design OLAP cubes and later became an expert of this field. Every day there was a new challenge in the nature of job as we were fairly new in implementing OLAP cubes but my co-workers including management supported very well. Most enjoyable part of my job was working from Waltham, – more... where I faced the challenges of solving issues from client in fairly short time and I was single in-charge of big client like Premera. – less
Co-Workers were all very nice. Very positive work environment.
IT support (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 22, 2012
Usually I'd just be running around helping out our users with various things. Mainly though, my job consisted of asset tagging all of the company's valuable assets.

I learned a lot about office workplaces, I really enjoyed the experience I got there.