Veritas Collaborative Employee Reviews

Poor management
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 19, 2017
Poor management. The company is a good company to work for but the nursing managers were not team players. There was a lot of culture differences bad.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
prejudices
Overall, stressful
Therapeutic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 21, 2017
Therapeutic Assistant (TA), adult facility
Scheduling coordinator is a poor communicator and is not timely with schedules and related requests. TAs should be able to back each other and provide consistent care but are unable to do so partly because senior TAs take charge with what they know to be true, despite newer employees having the most current, fresh training.
The company is undergoing serious growing pains and the TA turnover is very high. Part of this is due to poor hiring decisions. The TAs that stick it out do so because they care about the patients, so that is a pro - patients will usually have TAs that truly care about them.
Pros
Free meals, great benefits
Cons
Disorganized
Enjoyed the work in which we are doing.
Therapeutic Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 13, 2017
Productive ad supporting. Which they would treat front line staff like they matter. And really listen to their needs. Good team members. Giving great care to patients and family.
Hearts in the right place, the rest, not so much.
Therapeutic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 1, 2017
Veritas has an important mission and I honestly believe that as a company they work really hard to provide a consistent high quality standard of care. The direct care staff works very hard each day for the patients, and frequently gets snubbed for it.

The management and corporate sections are either out of touch with reality or just callous. They promise things over and over like dangling a carrot in front of their employees but never deliver. When the employees ask for things like shift differential or equitable pay they give a lot of "we'll look into it" or even play dumb about it.

They cut down their direct care staff frequently. There aren't clear write up policies, some employees get frequently "improvement meetings" while others are fired quickly over similar offenses.

HR is totally out of touch and morale hovers between poor and lukewarm.

The best part of the job is seeing the transformation between patients on their first days and patients at their graduation, and knowing that you were part of the team that helped them. I would probably work for Veritas again somewhere down the road if I had the opportunity, and I don't regret working there, but there really need to be some changes in the meantime for the hospital to be truly and consistently successful.
Pros
PTO is good, good parking, cute therapy dog
Cons
Empty promises, HR issues, fair pay issues
Wonderful Cause
Therapeutic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 21, 2017
This is a treatment facility for adolescents with eating disorders, I loved the work and care that we strived to provide from patients, however this is a relatively new company that is still in the beginning stages, and opportunities for advancement are few and far between. Hopefully in the next few years these opportunities will increase.
Pros
Unlimited PTP
Cons
High turn over
Very Mismanged company.
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 1, 2017
Employees change so often you need a score card to keep up with who is still working and who is not.
Shifts and hours changed without notice. Along with policies on if you can eat a meal or not, where and who you will work with.
Kitchen is very disorganized, no leadership and the system is a disaster. Lot's of people standing around while a few work really hard. It's more or less a free for all.
Pros
Parking
Cons
The mangement or lack of.
Nurses beware!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 3, 2017
This company does not respect nurses at all. Company sees nurses as something they are forced to have. Nurses are asked to take orders from non-medical individuals. Multiple violations happen here on a daily basis. Stay away!
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay, no shift differential
Therapeutic Assistant
Therapeutic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 4, 2017
It's a good stepping stone for someone fresh out of college and beginning to enter the mental health field. There are various training opportunities and supervision available, but it's a pretty thankless job. A typical work day is fast paced and can feel hectic depending on the patient population at any given time. There is a lot expected of TAs and other front line staff. Meals are provided on shift, which can be a good or bad thing depending on your preference and typical eating habits.
Pros
Meals are provided on shift, good stepping stone to begin your career, various training opportunities
Cons
Alot is expected of front line staff, often called in/expected to stay late
Misrepresentation
Medical Director (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 29, 2017
I was hired as the psychiatrist at the Richmond facility. Everything was rosy until there clearly were no defined days or hours of service. The last straw was when they asked me if I would come back from vacation or being out-of-town to admit a patient. The management of the Richmond facility treated me like I was her hand servant and when we disagreed told me I did not mesh with the values of the company. What a disaster. Any physician who goes to work there must be totally lacking in self esteem and desperate for a job.
Pros
New facility, much needed service
Cons
Profit driven; disrespectful; poor relationship with employees
Beware
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 9, 2016
This organization is not organized. Departments don't communicate with each other and it's a hot mess at times. I suggest working only part time, anything more will drive you crazy.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No teamwork among departments
Nurses beware
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 5, 2016
The top management are great, for the most part. It is a culture focused on dietitians and therapists. Nurses, however, are treated like the lowest form of life on earth. The patients and their families are generally upper class and appreciative. It is a company focused on rapid growth and not on maintaining what they have. Not a great vacation package, but other benefits are good.
Pros
working conditions, helping kids
Cons
depends on your position
Great mission and goals for ED treatment.
Shift TA Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCDecember 5, 2016
This company is truly invested in being the top ED treatment facility. They are striving to be the best in the world, with an emphasis in collaboration within their facility and within the community. While other ED treatment facilities attempt to gain patients through business initiative that compete with other facilities. Veritas works with all other facilities to learn and teach effective treatment and modalities. They are a driving force behind passing legislature that guarantees that any treatment provided to patients with ED must meet high standards and qualifications.
Pros
Great work environment for exempt employees.
Looks great from the outside, but not so much
Therapeutic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 28, 2016
From the outside, Veritas Collaborative seems like a wonderful organization to work for. They serve adolescents with eating disorders in Durham, NC in a beautiful facility. Once employed by this company, my opinions changed immediately. The organization itself is very unorganized and there is a serious lack of communication throughout. Management does a poor job of taking suggestions and meeting the needs of it's employees. The main focus of the company is image and profit. Unfortunately, the patients who are admitted to Veritas are the ones who suffer the most from this. There is very little continuity of care and poor communication among treatment providers and front line staff who are with the patients constantly. I would not recommend Veritas as a place of employment or as a treatment facility to someone seeking treatment of their eating disorder. This is one of the few behavioral health facilities I've heard of that does night provide their overnight staff with a pay differential.
Pros
Decent healthcare package, 4 weeks of paid time off per year, new/updated facilities
Cons
poor communication, little respect/care for frontline staff, no pay differential for evening and night shifts
Great place to work.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 23, 2016
The work that this company does for the patients as well as the family continues to be above and beyond. The staff and the work place are very friendly and welcoming.
Seems like a great company from the outside
Therapeutic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 21, 2016
This company seems like a wonderful facility and a great place to work, from the outside. On the inside, it's quite different. The company is very unorganized, and there is a serious lack of communication across the board. I have also never heard of a behavioral health facility that does not provide a pay differential for overnight employees, but alas, Veritas Collaborative does not. Patient care is lacking as well, I would never recommend this facility or send my own child here.
Pros
Great benefits
Healing transformative unique hospital
Assistant Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 31, 2013
Absolutley the most fantastic fufilling job I have ever worked at. I get to make the most delicious food in order to entice patients who suffer from eating disorders to engage in eating. It is a delight and a blessing to work here.

My CEO knows my name and praises me on a frequent basis. The benefits are great.

By working here, you can see the difference and the impact you can make. Highly recommend working here if you have talent, good nature and heart.
Pros
Free lunch, great healthcare benefit and meaningful work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veritas Collaborative. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9