Veritas Employee Reviews in United States

Job culture was invigorating
Account manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta GADecember 30, 2015
The schedule is strenuous and compensation early on is minimal.
Job advancement is great if you stick it through.
If your willing to brave the elements this is for you being that it's outside sales (door to door).
Good software development company
Director, Lab Systems Engineering (Current Employee) –  Heathrow, FLMarch 8, 2016
Company has been going through serious transitions in the separation process from Symantec. Over all, it is a OK company to work for. This company does go through alot of change and will continue to do so.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
too much change
Meet a lot of people from all over the lower 48
Helicopter Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2016
The hardest part of the job is never being home. Be ready to walk 25 miles a day. You work in the rain snow heat 14 to 15 hrs a day 7 days a week you get your 1st day off after you have work for 45 days.
Pros
money is good
Cons
never home
This company is a gem
LAB Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNApril 28, 2016
I'm only a contractor here, but I haven't worked at company like this for more than a decade. Great people & a great environment.
Pros
The people and the working environment
Cons
I'm only a contractor : (
Project Manager
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 29, 2016
This is a fast paced large private "start-up" style company that allows you to grow into your role while learning many things.
different problems each day
ARMED SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 6, 2016
good place to work every day is different to work here. I don't have much to say just you have to experience it for your self.
Pros
interesting work place
Cons
no grouth
Travel much?
Wireless Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose CAMay 29, 2015
Typical week would be out of town doing surveys at warehouses and office buildings.

I advanced to the wireless department after a stint as a low voltage cable installer. The installer position was important to get me familiar with data fundamentals.

Management was geared more to growing the business. In this case that means never saying no to any customers even if we didn't know what we were doing.

The hardest part of my job was writing quotes for installs of surveys I performed in the field. I didn't have any relevant experience doing this so I had to learn quickly.

I do like to travel but the time was always spent working and writing reports so I didn't really get to see anything.
Pros
No supervision
Cons
kamikaze management
Fun environment but not a good career.
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2013
The atmosphere in the office is fun, since the employees are encouraged to be high energy and everyone is in the same age group. Unfortunately it is a commission based job with little to no job security. The company holds a high turnover rate for a reason. You will be required to work 6 days a week for at least 12 hours a day with no off time or vacation. Also with the commission pay there is no base, which often yields small pay checks weekly, well under minimum wage. Once you drive to your designated area, which can vary from 10 mins away to an hour + away, most of your pay is gone due to just maintaining gas to keep you mobile. Every once and a while they may offer a gas card bonus but other then that you will end up coming out of pocket at least $100+ in gas alone to get you to the office, your area, back to the office, and then home. If you are looking for benefits then this opportunity isn't for you. If you are looking for a decent living then this opportunity isn't for you. If you are looking for job security then this opportunity definitely isn't for you, since they interview 100+ people a week. This means that to them you are easily replaceable, even though out of that 100 people maybe .1% of them will last 3 months. Also if you are above the age range of 20-28 they probably won't offer you the job, and the same goes for people who already have families. In conclusion if you receive a notice for there interest in you for their "Management in Training Program" i would strongly suggest you ignore and continue looking for better.
Pros
meeting fun people
Cons
door to door sale, low pay, long hours, no benefits, no job security, no off time
Created and Managed sales aligned field marketing organization that penetrated C-levels in Fortune 500 accounts
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 3, 2012
Worked closely with the sales organization in identifying targeted accounts and creating specific marketing/sales outreaches that would result in the sales person getting in front of the various audiences within the company. We achieved in many instances a 90% sales rate penetration. Adapted North American based programs to EMEA, Asia-Pacific and Latin America. Worked closely with Partners and Channel when applicable.
Pros
fast--paced environment with lots of great folks to work with, great team environment based on win-win.
Cons
company culture changed after it got to over 5000 employees. we lost the entrepreneurial spirit.
pretty good
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 10, 2013
start at 8am leave at 7 pm
how to lead become a leader train
management was good provided you with knowledge
good co-workers and teammates
driving doing cold calls
the sales was easy for me i couldn't handle the commute
Pros
good atmosphere, friendly staff and teammates no cap on growth
Cons
commission, the commute
mainly outdoors work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 25, 2014
excellent customer service skills further developed, management was fine, commission based
Pros
excercise
Cons
a lot of walking
productive and fun place to be
Counselor Aide/Security (Former Employee) –  New York NYMay 11, 2012
Company was very busy and there was room for advancement. I learned to do treatment plans. It was my first job coming out of CASAC training school. I learned to deal with the clients .
Pros
advancement
Cons
the hours
My first legit job!
Host (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MODecember 20, 2013
It was a classy and out of the loop restaurant. We changed the menu every week meaning as a server I had to memorize everything on the menu every week. Luckily I was able to do so with ease, but still it was challenging. The managers/owners were great people who dedicated everything to this restaurant and had their son as their chef. The son was a great chef and knew what he was doing. I was a host, waiter, dishwasher, cashier and busser. In other words, I did just about every job I could have done. I enjoyed it there until I had to go back to school.
Pros
family type atmosphere
Cons
mininum wage
Great working environment
AT&T Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2015
Working at Veritas was something different honestly made me step outside my comfort zone. I learned how to open up more to people and be more confident in what I do. The only dislike was that it was commission and it was dealing with working outdoors for long period of time.
FC SAN Test-Bed Engineer
SAN Infrastructure Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 21, 2013
Configured FC SAN failover testing, reorganized & cleaned up the FC patch panels in test lab, created & updated equipment & resource Excel docs, cleaned up and published all new configuration templates created with MS Visio.
Pros
helpful and inspiring coworkers.
Cons
new config templates very well received by all, except original author.
Great company and CEO
Operator Lead (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAApril 29, 2013
Very relaxed environment. Easy to grow and move up within the company.
Pros
growth
Cons
they were sold to symantic
Motivating company
Sales executive (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2012
 Present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients.
 Identify and resolve client concerns.
Good products
Great Northern Practice Manager (Former Employee) –  CincinnatiAugust 21, 2013
Did not work for Veritas!

I sold and integrated their products while working at Great Northern.