Veritiv Corporation Employee Reviews

good
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAFebruary 12, 2018
good colleagues, bit fast paced. Enjoyed working at Veritiv. It was a great experience as you get to work with all different groups and with different divisions.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
high pressure
Good place to work with a lot of good qualified people
Warehouse Optimization Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 4, 2018
Worked with a good team of people to accomplish a lot. Learned a lot about project management and what it takes to execute projects timely and as smoothly as possible.
Pros
Good Work Life balance
Cons
Lack of ability to affect change at a root level
Excellent Place to Grow and Prosper
Facilities Solutions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 1, 2018
Veritiv is a place if you want to grow and prosper. The company and management supports growth and aspirations. They care about you as a person and not just as an employee. I love working here.
summary
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  NYJanuary 24, 2018
Vetitiv is a large B2B company that creates a comfortable atmosphere for its employees to succeed. A job that requires a skill to sell, all tools are provided to allow an employee to succeed.
Great people and a great work environment
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHJanuary 23, 2018
I sat in my cubical and did whatever I was assigned for the day, I learned a lot about working within the company, the management made me feel like I was a part of the workforce even as an intern, the work place was dead on Mondays and Wednesday but everyone still got their work done on time, the hardest part of the job was preparing for the 2 hour meeting I had to lead at the end of the summer, the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet the CEO and get some real world experience.
Pros
1 hour lunch, friendly people
Cons
office was dead on Mondays and Wednesdays
Ever changing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 20, 2018
You are not able to advance beyond the position you are hired for. Maximum raise per year 3%.
Managers have their favorites. If you are not one of them, you may not be there long.
The work and environment are very nice. They pay well, have good benefits.
good job
Inventory Management Analyst/Senior Buyer (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDJanuary 18, 2018
we had good/hard working people that took all measure to please the customer. slowly cutting jobs in Maryland to go to Georgia.

All the print customers will be going to the competition.
Fast paced, lots of communication
TRANSPORTATION SOULTIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 16, 2018
Great place to work if you if you enjoy speaking on a telephone and sitting at a desk all day. Average age of coworkers is 25. Great environment with people your age and outside work activates.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
on the phone all day, sitting a lot
I worked as a line leader in the Kitting Dept
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAJanuary 15, 2018
I logged barrels of sewer snakes that were shipped to us and labeled them according to size and type. I made sure they were prepared correctly, labeled correctly, packaged correctly and shipped out correctly. I lead the team to insure there were no mistakes that left the building and that they were done in a timely manner. the leadership of this department was not very good and it was difficult to keep the morale of the workers up, but I managed it.
Daily Activity
Truck Driver Class (Former Employee) –  Little Ferry, NJJanuary 14, 2018
* Driving from NJ to Mechanicsburg to do drop / hook
* Making local delivers
* Help others
* Helpful, Friendly
* Working different shifts Day / Nights
* Co Workers, Pay, traveling, access to computers.

Want to know more about Veritiv Corporation?

Ask a question
Productuve fast paced work environment
Administrative Assistant - contract work Job Store (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 12, 2018
Order requests would come in and the office staff would print pick tickets to pull order for warehouse staff to have ready for customer. Some orders were will=call while others were delivered by drivers or mailed out.
Pros
Free lunches for hard work
Cons
parking was not great
the hour, I like to start earlier
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILJanuary 9, 2018
The workplace was close to home but again this was a temp position, The management was/is great people, Very laid back people. They're very helpful. The end of the month is very busy, trying to get those credit card process.
Pros
you get an hour lunch
Cons
Just the hour was hard for me.
great learning experience with good pay
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJanuary 9, 2018
A typical day of work would consist of long hours and a lot of fast paced movement. As a forklift operator I had to fill and package then stage orders purchased by the customer, I also had to do it in a timely manner so that the drivers would make it to the customer on time. While working here I learned better time management and a lot about paper, because Veritiv is a paper company, I also learned about forklifts and the different types they have because at the beginning I had absolutely no forklift experience. The hardest part of the job would be getting your job and life to balance just because of the hours and scheduling. What I enjoyed most about this job is learning how to operate the many different types of forklifts. I had fun and was able to pick it up very quickly.
Outstanding People
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 4, 2018
Great team of individuals working together to get results. Dedicated professionals who strive to be the best in the industry. Local staffs have fun in a relaxed business atmosphere.
Pros
People
Cons
Company Direction
good
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJanuary 1, 2018
good but heavy workloads .. salaries and increases should be better. focused on hiring new younger generation and not providing recognition to the veteran experienced teams
Don't believe anything they tell you
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Exton, PADecember 29, 2017
During the interview process, management will feed you lies about the company. When I started I was told to believe it was a family-friendly company, philanthropic and flexibility was available. I was told there was huge opportunity for growth and a company you could stay at for life. A few years later, none of these hold true. The same person who told me there's opportunity for growth has also been known for saying that they'd "never promote from the floor." Rather they hire outside candidates who know absolutely nothing about the company or our software. No training is provided for any of the positions, which is evident to both customer and employee. Philanthropic? We get a few emails a year about donating to the Red Cross. That's it. Veritiv boasts that they are "one team" but that's the furthest from the truth. There's absolutely no team building, it's discouraged. We have "customer service week" but get in trouble for being up from our desks too long. This is not a family friendly company. Vacation/sick time is only decent if you've been there 20+ years. Flexibility all depends on your boss. Some managers are wonderful with this, Program Management is not. This company is stuck in decades past with benefits, flexibility and culture. Merging of the two large companies has been executed extremely poorly and we are left to clean up the mess.
Pros
Pay is decent for some positions
Cons
Work life balance is non existent. Management is not good. No training. No flexibility.
Fast paced. bottom line driven. Public owned.
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIDecember 13, 2017
field calls and emails from customers and provide quotations and availability of their needs, provide consultation for best alternatives to inquiries, enter orders, place purchase orders, check acknowledgements for accuracy of product and pricing, expedite deliveries to customers, review invoices, process quality complaints, consult with internal and external customer service and sales representatives, create reports as needed, made occasional sales calls.
Pros
Helping customers with their needs, freedom to advise customers without needing approval.
Cons
Top heavy with management, too much consolidation of local customer service representatives, concerned with number of employees instead of quality of the employee, trending toward be too generic in service.
Hot mess of a company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 11, 2017
Veritiv is a horrible place to work. Two older companies were combined to make Veritiv- and it is the most unorganized, chaotic, hot mess of a company to work at. They call my job "customer service" but we basically ensure the company runs every day by following orders through from order placement and making sure the customer receives it. Sounds easy right? NO. The warehouses are unorganized and product is lost every single day. The sales reps offer products to customers that we do not stock, and get mad at customer service when there is a lead time to wait for the product to come in. Sales makes unrealistic promises to customers, and it's customer service fault when those aren't met. Not many people are educated which makes it hard to get problems solved. "Customer service" is responsible for every part of it and we get no recognition for doing a good job, and instead we are scolded for issues that are out of our control (i.e. warehouse misplacing product/not shipping it, sales telling us to order the wrong product) We do not have the technology that is necessary to be successful at our jobs (we currently cannot even tell customers how much their freight cost will be) Customers ask me questions and half the time we have NO idea so we just make something up
No holiday parties, we have "customer service week" but it's an absolute joke, you get in trouble from being up from your desk, literally have never done a fun activity here, no work life balance, management has no idea what they are doing either- they just worked here long enough and somehow moved their way up
This company
  more... needs a good revamping if they are ever going to retain customers AND employees  less
Cons
does not care about employees
Started out a great place to work. A lot of changes in short period
Warehouse Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 10, 2017
The job Is easy and most of the people there are great to work with. They have a lot of great staff. There is no consistency or structure in my opinion. There is no hard part of the job. I enjoyed most of my time here.
Pros
being employed
Cons
poor managment
Very little training
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 9, 2017
Hardly no training, other than on their computer systems. Thousands of products to sell which makes it very hard to make the sales that they want you to make in your two year probation period.

No territories, so every sales person is after the other. You didn't dare make phone calls to potential customers at the office because everyone is listening and they will attempt to steal the potential account away from you!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veritiv Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.