Verizon Wireless - A Wireless Premium Retailer Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
great work enviroment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNSeptember 7, 2017
On a typical day at work at Verizon Wireless I would encounter great coworkers, fast pace work environment, and the management was outstanding! I would definitely recommend working here to just about any individual.
Pros
lunches
Cons
breaks
An awesome environment to learn and interact with people of diverse backgrounds.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Waukegan, ILAugust 24, 2017
Although not an easy job at first, you will learn to enjoy the experience and relationships one develops with customers and co-workers. Ultimately you will have the skills and confidence to present products and services.
Verizon
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, TXAugust 16, 2017
Being a current Verizon employee has some perks. You can get a discount on a new phone, a Verizon data plan, and build customer relationships. You can also see all the new phones and tablets before they are released.
Pros
New technology, discounts
Cons
Technology is expensive
Hard work but did have its perks.
Sales Manager/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ponte Vedra Beach, FLAugust 15, 2017
Great company for a younger employees. Not enough time with family and friends. The home/work life was unbalanced maybe to lack of good upper management..
it was an ok job
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Deming, NMMay 22, 2017
good company, horrible management.. the commission and hourly was good, manager had her favorites. overall the job and benefits were good, could just pick better management
Bad Job Security
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMay 17, 2017
I been working for Verizon for about a year now. I learned a lot about cell phones but Its starting to get very slow at my work. I noticed a lot of people are switching to different carriers
Verizon wirless is a very fun environment to work in. You learn so much working there.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NDMay 16, 2017
At Verizon I am a sales representative. I have a lot of interaction with the public and it can be time consuming and force you to really think about things due to everything that can happen to or inside a phone. I love the people I work with and the environment I am in. I am just looking to get into one full time job with more hours to offer.
Great opportunity to create the work culture
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 3, 2017
I enjoyed my time here. When I was at this company I was able to manage a team, generate leads & in turn revenue, as well as create the store work culture. This experience offered me a great chance to develop my people management skills and sharpen my leadership abilities. I enjoyed leading people and supporting customers.
Excellent
Retail Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  2209 North Jackson Street, Tullahoma TN 37388April 26, 2017
I am very proud and appreciative of the time I spent with Verizon Wireless. It is a very challenging but rewarding environment and the company provides very well for its employees.
Pros
compensation and benefits
Cons
very challenging work envireonment
Great people to work with, although not particularly excited about the work they are doing
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAApril 3, 2017
Overall, my experience working at Verizon Wireless was enjoyable. A typical 9-5, on-your-feet sales job, in which interpersonal skills, customer service, and attentiveness are key. The most enjoyable aspect about working for VZW is the competitiveness of the sales team and the friendly competition between regional branches. Unfortunately, the location I worked at was not an adequate space for people to comfortably work 8-10 hours a day.
Pros
Discounts on accessories
Cons
Short breaks, lethargic management, no break room

Want to know more about Verizon Wireless - A Wireless Premium Retailer?

Ask a question
Best.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MIApril 2, 2017
Such a friendly environment ! Loved working here for as long as I have. The customers and employees became family and there was always something to look forward to going to work each morning.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Not selling as much
Verizon wireless
Customer Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 30, 2017
It's a great place to work.. I would advise anone to work there. The pay and benifits are wonderful. I love it there. Everyone there treats you like family...the gym and cafeteria are also great
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 27, 2017
A typical day at work was going into the office, keeping up with the promotions that were recently launched, and waiting for customers to walk through the door.

What I learned from working here was the way of solving issues and using my time wisely. Many customers would go on to complain about their bills or malfunctions going on with the phone and so adjustments would have to be made to your schedule in order to provide excellent service while also doing your job which is mostly selling products.

Management was poor, in my location the store manager was always complaining about how much work she had to do which motivated me to quit. Although the store management was poor, I couldn't say the same about higher management. I personally knew the owner and was pleased by how much of a nice guy he was along with the district managers.

The workplace culture was also pretty interesting. People from all kinds of different interest worked at my previous location which made the job a little easier to work with even with the annoying boss I once had.
Pros
Free meals every once in a while
Cons
Store management
Great job!
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 23, 2017
Had a blast working for them and learned a lot! This job taught me a lot about dealing with different people. Also how to manage and teach others how to do something I'm good at. I'm more patient and more understanding. Working in an environment like that makes you multitask and be accurate. I'm so great full for my experience there.
Pros
Competitive pay
Terrible
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Oyster Bay, NYFebruary 6, 2017
Worse job in Long Island. Management sucks. They're all incompetent. They're strong with favoritism. They try to train employees to basically rob customers. They're the worse company. I wouldn't recommend my worse enemy to sign up and deal with this job!
Strongly recommended
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJanuary 28, 2017
A typical day would include 12 -20 appointments or customer interactions. I learned so much about new products and service technologies through the extensive ongoing training program.
Pros
Commissions, Culture, co workers
Cons
family work balance
Great temporary job.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  71st and Pacific, Omaha, NE 68106January 17, 2017
Working at AWIRELESS I gained more person to person, interactive skills. This business is really unorganized for the most part. products and prices are always unclear and incorrect. Very little guidance as a new employee. Ready for change. Easy money
Pros
Easy laid back environment
Cons
Unfortunately unorganized
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 10, 2017
Employees are great to work with management is fair. I found it to be a very pleasant place to work. I would defiantly recommend this job to friends and family.
Pros
Hour long lunch, great social environment
Cons
Weird hours, weird commision structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon Wireless - A Wireless Premium Retailer. Our community is ready to answer.

Verizon Wireless - A Wireless Premium Retailer Reviews by Location