Verizon
6,074 reviews

Verizon Employer Reviews

Bait and Switch
Business Account Executive (Current Employee), West Allis, WIJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: escalating quota, changes every month no matter what the market
I was recruited to do a specific task, work a M2M project it turns out I'd be selling phones. Hiring manager totally misrepresented the position and job.
Great enviroment and co-workers. Looked forward to going to work everyday.
Customer Sales Associate/Call Center (Former Employee), Oxnard, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great incentives.
answered multi-phone lines. Helped customers start, move and disconnect home phone service Tooke care of customers complaints and billing inquiries. Sent technicians out for for repairs at residence and businesses.
customer service all day long
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 26, 2015
Duties included taking calls and assisting customers with transactions that were done via a computer. Ability to multitask with answering customer questions, typing information onto screen, and researching info as customer needed. During my time at the company I was also given the privilege of training some of the newly hired representatives, and was a member of a team used to make new ways to provide skills for our call centers representatives (called Breakthrough Team)
Focus
Sales Agent - Customer service agent (Former Employee), Roy, UTJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: fun work place.
Cons: low pay.
It was for Focus Services. Not for Verizon. Customer service agent for inbound calls for Century Link, Verizon, and Direct TV. Helped customers with new accounts, bill inquiries, reviewed claims adjustments in addition to product upgrades. Very fast paced environment with extremely in depth knowledge of products, services and programs for Verizon, Century Link and Direct TV.
Retail Customer Service and Sales Associate
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits package
Cons: must be able to work in a fast-paced and noisy environment and able to multi-task, handling sales and service issues simultaneously at times.
I would recommend this type of sales position to anyone already familiar with wireless communications devices, regardless of age. A typical day for the Retail Customer Service and Sales Associate would include prospecting and growing small to mid-market business accounts and building a "sales pipeline" through cold-calling, and working side-by-side in-store with prospective customers to determine wireless product and service needs that will best suit their needs. The most difficult part of this position was resolving escalated issues, such as billing, and equipment repair and replacement. This position would NOT be a good fit for the individual who is not comfortable with working with the public in a retail sales environment.
OVERALL A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Engineer (Former Employee), TEANECK, NJJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: healthcare
Cons: job security
WONDERFUL PLACE TO WORK WITH ENJOYABLE COWORKERS. OVERALL A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
My IT Exp with Verizon
SR. JAVA/J2EE CONSULTANT (Current Employee), Richardson, TXJanuary 26, 2015
It was very friendly environment to work with this company.
COMMERCIAL DATA SYSTEMS ENGINEER (Current Employee), Southlake, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Each day at Verizon is different. We monitor over 400 servers daily. We face both hardware and software issues and failures. Tracing problems could sometimes be difficult but yet rewarding. I really enjoy working at Verizon Wireless.
Great company
Senior Information Analyst- IT Finance (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: executives knew you by name and would speak to you in the halls, elevator and lunch room - no matter your level in the company
Cons: alltel was acquired by verizon
Although the pay and benefits were less than their competitors, overall a great company to work for.
Not exclusive to Verizon, But Audio Visual Innovations
Lead Technician (Former Employee), Tampa, FlJanuary 25, 2015
Especially proficiant in signal flow of audio, visual, and communication networks over many forms of media.
Cheated of Hours
Sales Consultant, Night Manager (Former Employee), Ramsey, MNJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: owner had 25 years of b2b experience
Cons: owner had 0 years of retail experience
the general manager would edit my time clock punches taking hours away from my pay checks, i have screen shots of sales recipts and internal documents to prove said accusations
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee), Orange, CTJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: n/a
A somewhat always changing environment, I learned a lot about sales, technology, and assisting various types of customer needs in a retail setting. Co-workers of mine have been great and I've seen many advanced while seeing others let go. The sales side of the job is great and is the essential part of working here, every month is a new start and mission. My favorite part of working at Verizon has been the technical side of things, from flip phones to tablets. I have watched and continue to watch the technology change.
It was a job that I did like to do but it was only temporary.
Technician (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: good compensation for the work done.
Cons: i was a temporary worker.
Start each day trouble shooting cables, opening manholes and using testing equipent to fix the trouble. I learning how to trouble shoot, critical thinking, how to trust other employees, and to self manage. The coworkers were easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was lifting the manhole covers and working in all kinds of weather. I enjoyed working in the field, actually fixing trouble and it was a good work environment.
okay first job
Solutions Manager (Current Employee), Bloomingdale, ILJanuary 24, 2015
ask you to do more than possible with deadlines that are not realistic with staffing in store. not bad for a first job, will be able to meet people depending on your personality. Lunch breaks are given regularly, hours and work life balance are not good as you will spend a lot of your time here
A wonderful work place if the opportunity was given again I would accept
Collector (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAJanuary 23, 2015
Monitored overdue payments of clients.
Made calls to clients/debtors to get additional information as well as inform them of new products.
Inform them of arrears and penalties for unpaid balances and give recommendation on how to manage their accounts.
Reviewed terms of sales, credit contracts and determined appropriate strategies to generate payments.
Negotiated credit extensions when necessary.
Notified credit departments and turned over records to the legal department when clients/debtors failed to respond to collection attempts
Verizon's uPerform System Administrator (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: not micro managed
Cons: sometime tight deadlines and long hours
A typical day at work consisted of monitoring the system / trouble shooting and developing course material
I gained a more in-depth knowledge of the upgrade process
Management was always there if you needed them but you were not micro managed
co-workers were great people - mostly contractors
Hardest part of the job was juggling deadlines when something went wrong with the system
Enjoyable part - Satisfaction of accomplishment
Good learning experience
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee), Highlands Ranch, COJanuary 23, 2015
Good learning experience. Learned how to network. Co-workers good.
Great with diversity and family oriented
Customer Service Pro (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 23, 2015
Great place to work. Benefits are great and they work with your schedule if you are in school or are needing accommodations for family. Management is always there to help, whether they are your direct manager or not. Always ready to feed the representatives with pot lucks and fun food days. Calls can be frustrating but there are many training classes to prepare you for those specific calls.
Strict procedure work environment
Cellular Technician (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: stubborn work environment
Was a great starting point to the telecommunications industry
Verizon Wireless
Sr. Retail District Sales Trainer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: graet learning experience
Cons: no room for growth after i reached sr. trainer and the culture changed within the company
Great place to work, great experience and I learned a lot during my 11 years with the company.

I was able to go to school with some of the great benefits and work life balance was very good as well

1 2 3 4 5

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more