Verizon Employee Reviews

Overall good job
Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJanuary 22, 2018
Good job fun but stressful good pay great benefits, a lot of hours can make your money if you are willing to work for it!, great people sometimes you may have to move to another store
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Hours
Was a great place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJanuary 22, 2018
Verizon Information Services was a great place to work. It was bought and sold a few times and I have no firsthand experience with the current leadership team or processes.
Fun place if you love electronics
Solutions Specialist/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Utica, MIJanuary 21, 2018
Great place to start a sales career and to gain experience in a rigorous field. Loved the weekly training sessions to stay on top of the new products and plans. Great co-workers.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Cut-Throat
Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 21, 2018
Verizon is a great place to work. There are great opportunities for advance and management assists in your development each step of the way. Great pay and benefits.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Work life balance
Future lies in Fios service.
CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 21, 2018
The company is pushing towards the future with Fios service. A lot of jobs in the company have evolved from Fios being available in many areas now. Some areas still don't have the service but that is constantly changing.
Pros
The company pays very well.
Cons
Not flexible with giving time off if an emergency occurs.
Excellent Company to work for
Lead Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLJanuary 21, 2018
Verizon is an outstanding company. From the top down the management of Verizon is usually on the same page and always up front and honest.

The company rewards performance! There are a variety of awards possible within the company.

The company has supportive management. I never had a manager who was not outstanding and aware of all facets of the tasks that each person on the team was performing.

Verizon is great!
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
none noted
Not the best place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  NewYorkJanuary 21, 2018
The environment is not employee-friendly. There are no group gatherings or social events (even around the holidays) and most employees were not especially friendly. I think this is because the company is not doing well due to overpriced services and therefore not hiring enough staff which in turn causes people to be overworked (and grumpy!).
Going downhill fast
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  NOYBJanuary 21, 2018
The company is systematically cutting income for its sales staff each year, increasing quota for a slowing market.

The company is moving to stare based commission, instead of giving us the tools to earn our own checks. The reviews from employees under this system is abysmal.

The company does not promote the best, but the most persistent. If you're looking for a career, steer clear of Verizon.
Pros
401k 6% match
Cons
Everything else.
Productive place to work and quick pace
Order Manager-Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 21, 2018
Verizon is a Great company to work for always expanding with technology. Verizon takes great care of the employees. Have very good incentives and challenging.
Pros
Enjoyable place to work
Cons
Lay- offs and sourcing jobs out of the US
The job was not make me feel goid to work ther.
Government Support Center Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJanuary 21, 2018
Verizon wireless was a job that required lots of time but waa not wirth it pay wise. No job security ir room for advancement. I wouldn’t suggest that job to anyone.
Management is poor
Customer Support/Tech Expert (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AR 72202January 21, 2018
HR does not care how your Supervisor talks to you or treats you and the lack of care when you have medical issues is ridiculous . There is not really any advancement and the moral is very low
Benefits
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2018
It was a nice i enjoy my time the great people a amazing workplace culture. hard working people i really enjoyed my time at the faclity........................
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
High paced sales environment
Call center sales/service rep (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 20, 2018
The time I spent at Verizon I loved so much when it comes to a sales process and corporate environment. However I also learned that Verizon at "Silver Spring" location really doesn't have any idea what they want from their employees and would rather place blame on employees then to admit failure on a new process. My title as a sales/customer service rep was false my title was actually only a sales rep. being that there was very little importance in resolving customer issues, the most important thing was to NOT transfer to the correct department that the customer needed to be in touch with as we were directed to attempt all possible sales opportunities and provide phone number to department then direct customers to disconnect just to call back in again to resolve issues. I disagreed with this process so much that it began to take a toll on my impression of Verizon as I was a strong believer in "better matters" and #1 customer satisfaction awards. As a employee we were penalized for transfers as it was viewed and taught to be "customer mistreat," please be advised that we received any and all calls ranging from billing, collections, repair, new connects, renewals, direct manager request. There were more issues that I encountered while working at Verizon "Silver Spring MD" but this being one of my biggest. Overall Verizon was a great experience but I do not agree with a lot of their new policies,
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Growth
Cons
confusion, constant change in policies/processes
Worked on big projects with no training to assist me in succeeding
Billing Analyst, Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2018
I was never trained properly to do the big projects I was assigned and I was not given any type of support system. I was set up to fail from day 1 and the commute was draining, as it was over 3 hours daily.
Pros
Half day every other Friday
Cons
Very under trained and very far commute
Fun culture and workplace. Awesome people. Relaxed yet productive
Financial Analyst, Contract Billing (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 20, 2018
I absolutely loved Verizon. I left because I was wanting to travel and was offered a conducive job. Now I have got married and satisfied my wanderlust. I was not fit for cubicle life at the time, but as I look back, I recognize how great Verizon was as an employer.
Pros
Great benefits! Awesome culture. relaxed.
Cons
Could be boring and slow some days.
Reviewed
Anaheim - Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  anaehimJanuary 20, 2018
• My position required customer service interface, professionalism, a positive
attitude, and strong communication skills.
• Responsible for selling products and services offered by the company.
• Objectives were to meet and surpass sales goals environment.
• Maintained strong knowledge of all products, accessories, & promotions.
Pros
Commision
Cons
Micro Managment
Retail That does not care about the employees
SOLUTIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  VAJanuary 20, 2018
The Company has went down hill from 12 years ago. The environment is retail which has its own challenges but to add on to that you have a company that doesn't fully invest in its employees as it should. The pay is very competitive as well as benefits from day 1. The employees are very good at what they do but the problem comes in where it always does with the upper management and lack of true advancement opportunities. Working retail you well work in those hours but the employees have to deal with a lot of useless meetings every first month and sometimes weekly lead by this same ineffective leadership. There needs to be a better balance of company goals and employee appreciation. Along with better leadership from qualified producing leaders instead of people who don't have the talent but know how to kiss up to the current leader. Theres also a need for leadership to stop telling false hoods to current employees especially dealing with things like multiple layoffs, and the lack of job security for all its employees.
Pros
Pay/Benefits
Cons
Work Life Balance/ Advancement Opportunities/Management
Must be a go getter
Executive Sales Associate/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAJanuary 20, 2018
The work environment is friendly. However sales is a cut throat business, you must be skilled in the art of sales in order to succeed. Sales comes naturally to me, which is great.
Excellent company
Financial Services Senior Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 20, 2018
Loved working for this company. Although it was a little stressful there were ways to manage the stress and be able to live around it. I was able to complete my studies thanks to there tuition assistance program.
dont waste your time here
Sr. Member Technical Staff (Former Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJJanuary 20, 2018
If you are non Indian then you dont get a good raise and you will never get promoted no matter what you do. dont waste your time here dont waste your time here Stay away

Senior Technical Analyst - database administrator unix systems

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2