Verizon
7,289 reviews

Verizon Employee Reviews

Good place to work but Upper Management would rather send American Jobs overseas.
Project Implementation Manager (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Great front line employees, great training opportunities and benefits.
Cons: Poor management, more focused on short term gains than long term customer satisfaction.
Most of the employees and middle management at Verizon are exceptional. They are the foundation upon which Verizon is built. Too bad upper management is more focused on exporting American jobs to other countries in order to cut there costs. That has had a very negative effect on the moral of the employees. During my tenure I have witnessed several quality employees leaving on a weekly bases. The attrition is so bad that the majority of the engineering team with the most expertise was either replaced by off shore workers or simply moved on to other companies because of policy. That has left the remaining employees over worked, frustrated and disengaged because of the lack of resources.
Great for a Paycheck, Horrible for Employee Value
Fiber Support Analyst (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Pay, Benefits, Verizon Fios/Wireless Discounts
Cons: Strick Work Environment, Union Based, Poor Support, Rediculous Policies
I'll try to keep it simple.
Verizon pays very well for this position and are unmatched with any other company i've run across for a similar position.

Cons
Verizon is a union based company. Because of this, you have people who are assigned to keep your job safe and and protect you in case of any disagreements between you and Verizon. This takes the simple personal element of being able to speak directly with management or HR for issues and places a middle man.

Day to day at Verizon consist of taking back to back calls for support of their customers. 1 hour lunches and 2 15 minute breaks – more... through an 8 hour shift. This is standard of any company aside from an extremely strict attendance/tardy policy with little to no leway.

Verizon places all new hires on a 6 month probational period in which Verion for ANY reason have the right to terminate or suspend you without pay for any amount of time.

Overall, I was very disappointed in how Verizon manages it's employees and staff. I've worked for some great employees in the past who really value their employees. Verizon does not, this is a place just to collect a check and go home.

Co workers are typical people you will see at any call center. People of all ages and nationalities. That's one of the few saving graces for Verizon. – less
Door to Door sales executive (Former Employee), Yonkers,NYJuly 30, 2015
The most Enjoyable about the job is going out onto the field and talk with a whole lot of different people about the best product
Excellent employer with a great bunch of co-workers
Local Area Manager (Former Employee), Clearwater, Fla.July 29, 2015
Pros: Recognition
Cons: Very long hours
A typical day at Verizon as a manager was a long one but very rewarding. Throughout my career I learned so much. Some examples are: working with my technicians and customers to ensure a smooth installation. Often included working with many different departments to get the job done. Managing technician productivity, attending conference calls and meetings. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting out in the field and meeting as many customers as possible.
They work you to death
TELECOM TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILJuly 29, 2015
They think they own you. I often worked over 24hr continuous only to have them try to beat me out of ot. Drive with no sleep. Safety is number one unless it costs them money then you better take the heat if something goes wrong.
We are hiring!
Performance Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Life work balance can be challenging but it can be done!
Cons: Life work balance can be challenging but it can be done!
Excellent place to work!
Life work balance can be challenging but it can be done!
Life work balance can be challenging but it can be done!
Procedural and Professional
Operator II (Former Employee), Victorville, CAJuly 29, 2015
Union environment team-player and individual over all performances on monthly bases and quarterly reviews exceeding requirements and professional skills to have a continuance of employment at Verizon that closed at 61 billion of sale in which many thereafter were laid-off. Third in seniority with a impeccable record of dependency and knowledge of job.
Verizon
Employee (Current Employee), MarylandJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Fun people to work with, awesome benefits
Cons: Working retail hours, stress to hit quota
I have been with Verizon for 7 years and it has definitely changed. I used to love coming to work...I would even come in on my days off and/or come in early and stay late. It didn't even seem like work. The staff was like my second family and the customers were great to interact with. Now, it's too much pressure and focus on numbers that upper management and executives (who don't work in the stores) has sucked all of the fun out of working in the stores. I used to think of Verizon as a career, now it's just a job to me.
Fast-paced, demanding.
End User Support Analyst II (Current Employee), Temple Terrace, FLJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule, working from home, recognition
As long as you're able to do your job and keep the people you serve and support in a happy place, and are able to maintain a good working relationship with management, you're good to go.

Employees go above and beyond to express appreciation for one another even for daily business as usual tasks. It makes those tough days, bearable and worth it.
Great Hours
Technical Coordinator (Former Employee), Hanover, MDJuly 28, 2015
Nice place to work. Unfortunately hard to get promoted. Some supervisors don't support the reps offer to the customer. Consistence is very important and needs to be implemented.
Normal Retail Job
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Fort Dodge, IAJuly 28, 2015
Would assist customers as they would come into the store some had questions or problems with their phone, or perhaps looking to upgrade to a new phone
Fun workplace
Help desk (Former Employee), Dallas, TxJuly 28, 2015
It was fun and a very productive place just wanted something way better. We would work with the verizon cable company. I would basically do the technical part, for instance you would call and we would fix whatever is work with the tv, internet, or house phone
Productive and Fun
Solutions Sales Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 28, 2015
Pro- Great Pay and benefits. the company cares

Con- hours are bad in retail

Management is awesome. Open door policy

Everyone is apart of the team
Customers were the best
Global Communications Specialist (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Excellent Bennefits
Cons: Little to no advancement
Loved the customers, Built a strong relationship with many of the customers. However as with many large companies its all about the bottom line so after many layoffs I was finally cut so that more jobs could be sent overseas.
Engineer III / Lead Systems Specialist (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJuly 27, 2015
I started with MCI and made my way thru layoff after layoff after layoff when the company was acquired by Worldcom. Then company was bought by Verizon. Great place to work, great co-workers, exciting projects. Great benefits. Employee discounts.
very nice place to work for
Business Account Coordinator - Reviewed daily (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: to many KPI
inbound calls / assisting customers with bills and equipment, troubleshooting there phones, and sales of equip and plans.
Great experience in problem-solving and interacting with client needs
Solution Specialist (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJuly 27, 2015
Pros: You represent the number one brand in telecommunications
Cons: There is a lot of micro-management, so you must be use to that or get use to it.
A typical day at Verizon will have you on your toes because each customer has a different need and they rely on your ability to solve their problems. I have learned not only how to solve their problems but also how to create opportunities to sell a product that will simplify their life. The management and my co-workers are awesome, I appreciate an environment where there is constant feedback on how to improve. The hardest part of the job is that the day is constant, there are rarely any dull moments, but that is also the most enjoyable part of the job because we make it a priority to have fun.
Corporate but progressive
Small Business/Consumer Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: free cell phone bill, meeting tons of people
Cons: customer service can be trying, stressful
I worked in a store not at the corporate office. Working retail can be trying on a daily basis. Hours can be long and some days a bit stressful, Sometimes big pressures from management. However Verizon operates under a great credo one that runs to greet change and challenge. For however demanding the workplace seems it is just as rewarding. Great benefits and many opportunites to make great money were available.

I also have friends that have switched over to working for Verizon corporate and they have all said they liked it even better than retail
NA
Contractor - Sr. Technical Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 27, 2015
Job Work/Life Balance was great
Compensation/Benefits met my expectations
Job Security/Advancement was a huge concern of mine
Management was poor
ACT Engineer
Engineer Specialist Activation (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDJuly 27, 2015
The company stressing training thru online courses and in-class learning which I find to be very helping in Information Technology.

1 2 3 4 5

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more

Verizon Salaries