Verizon
6,735 reviews

Verizon United States Employee Reviews

Great Carer Path
Business Account Manager (Current Employee), Roseville, CAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Income, Compensation vs. Work, Products sell themselves
Cons: Work Life Balance
Though this path is hard work up front, once you get a few decent accounts under your belt you'll find yourself exceeding quota from your clientele base
Verizon was a very good company to work for.
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 2, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits, pay, 401(k) plan
Cons: Can be stressful at times
I was a customer service and sales representative for over 12 years at Verizon. It was a challenging and rewarding work experience, and I gained valuable work experience while there. I became more skilled at business communication (while talking with customers and having to be a very good listener), selling to the customers' needs, providing outstanding customer service, and informing customers as to products and services available.

My co-workers for the most part were amenable, friendly, easy to get along with, and people I looked forward to spending the day with. Management sometimes could be a bit strict and firm in their need to have the customer service reps meet the stated objectives and goals (sales, customer care index, etc, however they were generally helpful to us reps to help meet these goals.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the occasional stressed brought on by irate, unsatisfied customers - however as a professional who understood that it is never yourself the customer is taking out their frustrations, I was able to keep focus on why they called and to not take it personally.

The most enjoyable part of the job? Getting to speak with a wide variety of people all the work day long, and being able to help them with their telecom concerns.
Constant Change
Coordinator (Former Employee), Bellevue WA and West Valley City UTMay 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Work Enviroment became a competition, Not always for the good
This was a job, that changed practically everyday. The overall commitment to quality customer service never change, but how we approached it and the measures changed as the needs of the customers changed, and along with it technology was in constant change.
My roles changed as I had three different job functions while at Verizon for nearly 14 years. From handling consumer accounts to business accounts and finally National accounts.
At the end unfortunately, the environment became an issue with management's direction on how to measure if we were doing our job. It became less of valuing tenure and commitment, to statistical numbers and what have you done for me lately. Equal measure was placed on performance and tenure. It was a learning experience for me of how your seen by management in today's environment. Sometimes only as a number. Humbling.
Fun sales place to work
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TexasMay 2, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: work hours
Understanding where I'm at on my daily metrics before I hit the sale floor is critical to achieve my goals. We sell more than just cellphones nowadays. We receive daily coaching from management to ensure success. I offer peer to peer coaching on sales floor and offer my best practices that have made me successful. The hardest part of job is retail sales hours. The most enjoyable part is talking to and meeting new people to making sure I discover the best overall solution for them and their needs.
Best place to Work.
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 1, 2015
Pros: HEALTH CARE, ASSISTANCE WITH CARE.
Cons: Some of the managers need to be reevaluated.
Learned a Great deal about the company AND TECHNOLOGY . WOULD LOVE IF I WAS REHIRED. The only real problem I found was that there wasn't an advocate for the employee.
Company doing its best in tough environment.
Telecommunications Network Planner (Former Employee), Richardson, TXMay 1, 2015
Company is trying to figure out how to reinvent itself and become more of a technology solution company and less of a Telecom. Tons of pressure to reduce costs to remain competitive. Sometimes seems like to much and they end up reducing to where they can no longer deliver same quality product..
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCMay 1, 2015
Promoted a healthy work/life balance, great pay, and extensive training for customer service to ensure you are prepared to handle customer calls.
Exhausting company to work for.
Business Analyst (Resource Management Operations) (Former Employee), Pittsburgh PAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Clean facilities. Treated with respect.
Cons: Promotions based on physical location. Over the top political correctness
Clean facilities. Treated with respect. Promotions based on physical location. Over the top political correctness. Prefer lifers to new ideas.
Good Pay but Not Worth the Stress
Tech I Coordinator (Former Employee), Elgin, SCMay 1, 2015
Good job to work for in regards to benefits and pay. Politics suck and there is a lot of cut throat things that go on there. Its all about who you know and what your willing to do to make it to the top. Schedule is never solid and be prepared to work weekends. If you have children, they are not understanding. They want bodies to fill their seats and could care less about your family issues.
Room for Advancement
Sr. Customer and Technical Representative (Former Employee), Township of Cranberry, PAMay 1, 2015
Pros: incentives through contest to earn cash
Cons: none
Excellent work environment and more important room for advancement. Diversified workforce.Workday started by answering calls in que. Coworkers were all excellent at helping to provide more information when needed.
Great company to work for and upbeat
National Team Account Manager (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 1, 2015
Pros: Very rewarding
Cons: work life balance was tough
Visit my stores in my district and interaction to customers.
I learned how to deal with people with different characteristics.
Management was very aggressive and expectation were high.
My co-workers were very intelligent and hard working.
The hardest part was to meet our quotas.
The most enjoyable was being able to schedule my weeks.
If you wish to grow and develop, I would advise against it
Retail Sales Consultant/Device Specialist (Former Employee), Milledgeville, GAApril 30, 2015
When you look for a company, you seek growth and not being held back from what you are trying to achieve. It is slowly declining as a company.
Great Benefits and Pay
Business Account Executive (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAApril 30, 2015
Verizon pays well and has great benefits Verizon has great opportunities for advancement if you are willing to move to a larger area, and they prefer to promote from within
Nice Coworkers impossible quota
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTApril 30, 2015
Quota was impossible to hit in my location with the clientele that was provided. If you want a job Monday- Friday this isnt the job either. To make money, you had to work weekends.
Good company
Sales Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaApril 30, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and compensation
Cons: Retail hours are hard on your personal life.
Good company to work for, fast paced, late hours in retail, you will work most holidays and weekends. schedule can rotate wildly.
Informative Work Environment
Group Manager (Former Employee), Maryland, Virginia and New JerseyApril 30, 2015
Pros: Diversity celebrated, technology exciting
Cons: Very demanding
Verizon does a very good job of linking job requirements to corporate goals. Regularly scheduled Webcasts and Town Hall meetings give employees the opportunity to hear marketing strategies directly from executive leadership team.

Daily pace is high demand. Critical thinking, time management, prioritization, interpersonal skills, communication and effective writing are required assets for success.
Overall excellent company to work for benefits and growth opportunity, shows no loyalty to employees
Former Employee (Former Employee), Basking Ridge, NJApril 30, 2015
Pros: Very good benefits including health, dental, vision, 401K with match, profit sharing, onsite gym, tuition reimbursement, spending accounts. Good opportunity to advance.
Cons: Too much bureaucracy to move quickly, way too much restructuring, too many top heavy positions with too many layers
Some positions are more demanding then others, many bright talented people work there, management wants to hear "yes" more then the truth, very much employee uncertainty with recent layoffs, culture clashes between business units, inconsistent telecommuting privileges across the business, company shows no loyalty to its employees whatsoever, its all about the bottom dollar
Good compensation, great benefits.
Business Development Manager (Current Employee), Livingston, NJApril 30, 2015
Pros: Benefits, disounts
Cons: Job Security
Great place to work, but way too many politics. Work hours far exceed what you are told. Alot of face to face and in the field time.
GREAT BONUSES!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), SACRAMENTOApril 30, 2015
Pros: GREAT BONUSES!
Cons: HAVING TO STAY IN ONE PLACE.
MY FIRST 4 YEARS WITH VERIZON WIRELESS I WAS IN THE RETAIL STORE. MY RESPONSIBILITIES WERE TO PERFORM RETURNS/EXCHANGES, BILL ANALYSIS, MERCHANDISING, INVENTORY, AS WELL AS UP SELLING CUSTOMERS ON NEW LINES OF SERVICE AND PHONE UPGRADES.

MY LAST 2 YEARS WITH VERIZON WIRELESS I WORKED IN THE CONTACT CENTER. MY RESPONSIBILITIES CONSIST OF TAKING A LARGE AMOUNT OF INCOMING CALLS, BILL ANALYSIS, AND PHONE UPGRADES.
great place to develop sales techniques
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Tukwila, waApril 30, 2015
There is definetely room for growth with Diamond Wireless/Verizon. Managers are groomed and trained through a series of layers of leadership. Never a dull moment in the workplace!

1 2 3 4 5

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more

Verizon Salaries