Verizon
5,341 reviews

Verizon Employer Reviews

Like any other company
HRBP (Current Employee), HilliardSeptember 21, 2014
Good benefits but you will be worked beyond your max... day after day after day. Extremely stressful environments in retail, customer service, management, and in the corporate departments.
oppertunity
Lead sales Representative and client Manager (Former Employee), Humble, TXSeptember 20, 2014
alot of the skills you learn here you find youll be able to use in other industries
Great Company overall
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee), Hawthorne, CASeptember 20, 2014
Cons: retail schedule not convenient with me being a parent and student.
Verizon is a great company to work for as far as compensation and benefits (excellent as a 1st job or for single students), full tuition assistance and discounts with plenty of big name companies. I have had the honor of working with great people as far as management and coworkers.
Ok
Wireless Commissions-Analyst (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FlSeptember 20, 2014
Huge company with very little visibility. Extremly hard to move up or around. Great benefits, ok pay, typically flexible in terms of time off, appointments ect.
can't review this company without being biased
Customer Service Sales Consultant (Former Employee), ontario, caSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: steady compensation
Cons: employee disregard
inbound customer call center. co-workers are nice. Most enjoyable part of the job going home everyday alive.
Very little chance for advancement
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OklahomaSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: technically advanced product and services
Cons: lack of proper management and training
Management untrained in how to delegate task, focused more on micro management. Processes and procedures outdated.
Awesome place to work!!!
Solutions Manager (Current Employee), Forsyth, ILSeptember 18, 2014
If you love wireless this is the place to be. Benefits are out of this world. Great culture and amazing people.
Large corporation
GPS Analyst/Performance Management (Former Employee), Erie, PASeptember 18, 2014
Top down management structure. Responsibility for day to day operations removed from local management.
productive and a great place to work
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2014
• A typical day at work: A typical day consist of answering the phones helping customers with their bills & phone issues.
• What you learned: I learned different ways to cushion customers. emotions & handle escalations
• Management: Management was fine not of many of them micromanage .
• Your co-workers: I cant say enough about my co-workers I still – more... have relationships with a lot of them.
• The hardest part of the job: The hardest part of the job was getting off the phone once the customer felt we was family.
• The most enjoyable part of the job: I enjoyed customer week the most. – less
Highlights..
Network Engineer for National Network (Current Employee), Branchburg, NJSeptember 18, 2014
Like everything about the job except the $$$ compensation. Feel as though we are not paid according to industry skill level, we are about %25 below where are peers are in the industry.
Fast Paced Market Leader
Sr. Analyst - Sales Operations (Former Employee), Central, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: compensation, training, education support
Cons: miscommunication between levels of the organization
Working here allowed exposure to multiple facets of a large organization and if you are willing to move the possibilities are endless.

~Allowed freedom to make as much money as you would like in sales roles and the Salary Compensation for support roles was second to none.
~The vast majority of the people in more professional channels are the best people – more... to have aligned with.
~I found that in 9 years you want to make sure to always strive to be your best, in results and in presentation. – less
Productive, demanding, & fun at times workplace
Tech Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: incentives, time off the phones, and bonuses
Cons: bad health, due to extreme stress
A typical day at work would include: taking calls, providing customer service and technical support. Meeting briefly with the supervisor to discuss any changes and duties that need to be worked on.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with company changes and changes the supervisor may make, while trying to also complete the daily tasks that has to – more... be done also, the enjoyable part is days we have events or meetings and leaving for the day. – less
productive workplace
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Norfolk,VASeptember 17, 2014
a typical work day would be operating the phone lines to figure out customers needs and questions regarding bills and upgrades to phones and much more.
n/a
Consumer Credit Applications Representative (Former Employee), Hilliard, OHSeptember 17, 2014
I did not enjoy my experience with Verizon, the company's culture and work environment did not meet my expectations.
Good place for getting into IT
N/A (Former Employee), Irving, TxSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good company
Cons: nothing really
I was happy with Verizon, I have a strong background in IT already and went there to just be in Verizon, but not good for someone with an already strong background. Good people, very understanding, nice, considerate about themselves and others.
Verizon Fun Place to work
Financial Service Business Coordinator (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCSeptember 17, 2014
Great place to work for. and they also strive for career advancement
Hard work and required knowledge of technology
Retail Manager (Former Employee), Mansfield, OHSeptember 16, 2014
Fun place to work most of the time. Many great co-workers that ended up being lasting friendships.
Great place to see a variety of technologies coming together.
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Victorville, CASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits package
Cons: improvement in processes and procedures needed, verizon recognizes this and has implemented a six sigma program.
A typical day is to work between 5 and 10 tickets to resolution or to reassign as appropriate. We also stay logged into an ACD phone system, but we no longer interface our customers directly as a lower tier staff was created to do call intake.

What I learned was a variety of technologies outside my core specialty of Windows Server.

The management – more... staff is great. They are hands off for the most part because our group is a fairly seasoned group with 10 or more years of industry experience each.

What I have learned most from my co-workers is that it is OK to inject some humor into our workplace as we tend to have a moderate stress level.

The hardest part of the job is that we operate like fire or police services. There can be some slow stretches and then suddenly we have to have all hands working on some major issue.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a great bunch of guys and gals. – less
It was always the same.
Customer Service Representative, APAC (Former Employee), Rockford, ILSeptember 16, 2014
Each day was almost the exact same. I was always in drive thru taking orders, preparing food for customers and managed the cash register.
Excellent benefits
IT Quality Assurance (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COSeptember 16, 2014
Challenging environment to work in. Can be taxing but rewarding.

1 2 3 4 5

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more