Verizon
6,303 reviews

Verizon Employer Reviews

Broad range of opportunities and leading edge wireless technology exposure
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - Network (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Had opportunity to work at the front line and at the enterprise level during my career in wireless technology. Very high paced and aggressive technology roadmaps that delivered great services to our customers. I was well supported by leaders and developed broad business and strategy knowledge base to complement deep RF engineering background. Co-workers were hard working, knowledgeable, innovative, results-oriented, and supportive. The most enjoyable part of all of the jobs I held was the knowledge that our product was reshaping people's lives, including those of our first responder community. Overall a great place to work and to build a career.
Large Fortune 50 company
Sr Systems Developer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2015
Shareholder-driven culture, management may or may not be interested or educated in telecommunications in general. Projects may or may not complete as planned.
Good Company
Team Lead Project Manager (Current Employee), Richardson, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: good place to work, diverse work place
Cons: n/a
The company supports diversity, training, flexible, job opportunities all over the world, and career growth. It is a good place to work
Great place to work.
Telecommunications Installer, Tekmark (Current Employee), FloridaFebruary 27, 2015
Greta place to work and great people to work for. Environments are very clean and well managed. Overall a great place to work.
technician/help desk
Central Office Technician (Former Employee), silver springs marylandFebruary 27, 2015
I Provided the best customer service above and beyond. Worked as a help desk/customer service tech. assisted customer with internet issues, email phone inside or outside customer home/business I also coordinated for technicians to arrive if needed at customer premise
IT Analyst at National Helpdesk, Senior Wireless Technician
IT Analyst at National Helpdesk (Former Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: great company to work for with good benefits
Cons: laid off due to merger
Senior Wireless Technician
Served as senior level technician on wireless equipment repair lab. Other positions held senior field service technician as well as front line sales and service technician. Wireless phone repairs: Set up of repair lab, component level repair, trained new technicians. Test procedures: Calibration of test equipment, tuning to specification and phase final testing. Quality assurance support: Screen testing of new product to company standards. Lab maintenance: Ordering and maintenance of test equipment and ordering of manufacture components. Set up of PC interfaced test equipment and software. Support for sales office customer in front lobby.
Very poor moral
Data Coordinator I (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: poor moral, poor management, poor environment
This company is not family oriented as they claim. The stress is not worth the pay. The constant changing environment causes so much stress physically and mentally that I had to be hospitalized twice.
Exciting, fun, forever changing company
Senior Level III Technical Support Coordinator (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAFebruary 26, 2015
Technical support, level 3. Worked on many projects, was overseer of meeting as well as putting together different projects as team builders.
Verizon Operations specialist
Partner Solutions (Former Employee), San Angelo, TexasFebruary 26, 2015
Working with other telecommunications companies for ordering/provisioning issues and maintaining ordering systems, working projects for various carriers. Project management for external customers. Internal center management for systems, developing and maintaining work instructions for ISO9000.
Good Times. Bad Times
Business Account Executive (Current Employee), Denver, COFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: pay, advancement
Cons: poor leadership, questionable culture the higher you go up the ladder
I have had the opportunity to work for some amazing leaders at this company! Leaders that treated failures as learning opportunities, put my interest and my career aspirations before theirs, truly listened to what I had to say, and let me try out new ideas they opposed. I worked for these types of leaders for 4 years of my 12.

For 4 years I worked for selfish, deceitful, lazy, abusive, self-centered, unintelligent, unimaginative, people who considered themselves leaders.

The other 4 was your typical mediocre leaders, who cared, but were weak leaders.

The pay was very good. I made 55K-155K each year of my employment.

Many advancement opportunities. This company almost always will try to hire internally first before posting externally.
Outstanding
Senior Field Engineer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 26, 2015
Verizon was a great company to work for, i was saddened when I heard that we were being sold to another company. I was happy that I had the opportunity to work there
fun work place
Independent Sale Reps (Former Employee), Hoboken , NjFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: long hours
- Fun place to work
- To Sale Door to Door
- great
- great people
- long hours
- having fun with my co workers
- i like the job its just was to long to be working at
Great Company
Customer Service/ Loyalty Retention (Current Employee), Franklin, TnFebruary 25, 2015
Listens and responds appropriately in all interactions with customers, works to establish rapport with
customers while performing the full range of customer service and technical support
functions. Empathizes and acknowledges customer to create trust and partnership.
Pro-actively works to resolve customer issues completely and reviews all customer account information
while on calls to identify and match customer's current and future needs with the appropriate product
and / or service. I am able to use expert negotiation and problem solving skills to resolve complex and
non-routine customer concerns.
Very progressive company
Consumer Telesales Representative (Former Employee), Warrendale, PAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great
See remarks from previous review -statements will be the same - worked there for 14 years - had a smaller company culture - but then grew into mega company - but still focused on cusomer and emplyee.
Great Minds working to solve enterprise challenges
Manager, Sales Engineering (Former Employee), Washington, DC metroFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: diverse solution set
Cons: product development cycle
Enterprise Solution has a broad range of solution capabilities, Hosting / Cloud / Colo to meet customer requirements.
I enjoyed working with new technology.
Field Long Haul Optical Systems Tester (Current Employee), North and South CarolinaFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: tight budgets sometime made high level performance difficult.
I enjoyed working with new technology. Learning a new system is a fun and challenging endeavor

A typical day I will go to a site, verify fibers and equipment, verify labeling, and prepare for required testing.
Most of the work was done by myself, when I did work with other co-workers it was always and enjoyable experience.
ok place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), mentor, ohioFebruary 24, 2015
Your are busy every minute of the day, which was good for me. I believe that the way they handle commission is unfair. working 60+ hours a week is not a good way to live life.
Stressed work environment
call center, assisting customers (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: discount on phone service
Cons: not enough staff on hand
Typical day at work was going over competitors plans and reviewing our performance numbers. Associate Director did nothing to improve morale of bilingual department.
Great place
Tech Apprentice (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCFebruary 23, 2015
Great Place to work. They truly believe in providing a work life balance. You have the opportunity to grow in your career if you are performing well.
excellent job to have
Supervisor (Former Employee), Riverhead, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: excellent company to work for, pensions, benefits, regular pay raises
Cons: late night hours
Learned many different aspects of handling daily office procedures, implemented new company operating methods. Developed good relationships with management and felt comfortable when a situation would present itself that required support. Hardest part of job was working late night hours. Most enjoyable part of job was knowing I did a job well as result from obtaining excellent evaluations.

1 2 3 4 5

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more