Verizon
6,752 reviews

Verizon United States Employee Reviews

Challenging Exciting great place to work
Fiber Customer Support Analyst - HSI (Current Employee), Silver Spring, MDMay 6, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, Great Pay, Job Security
Cons: Travel distance
I have been working with Verizon for over 15 years. Verizon has taught me so many things through these years. Learning how to give great customer service to an irate customer watching the news to see about new features products or services that Verizon could offer. To provide the greatest experience for our valued customer. The hardest part of my job with Verizon is not giving enough, it really gives me a bad taste in my mouth when I am unable to help a customer do to some elements out of my control. Before I came to Verizon I had no experience with billing or dispatching a tech to an area where he/she could be productive all day to fix the phone troubles the customers called in about. Or selling products to customers and bring in 42k in extra revenue and becoming a leader in off line support sales. Verizon has taught me a lot and what to expect. I even had the chance to be supervisor or take over agent while the supervisor was out and was the go to person, when someone had issue. Working with this company I have become a leader and someone hopefully my team mates look up to.
enjoyable workplace
accounting operations clerk (Former Employee), Menands, NYMay 5, 2015
Pros: great benifits
Cons: lack of work at times
when we come in in the morning we have to get all the morning payments out by 11 so the bills can get to the bank by the deadline,and what comes in after 11 we try to get done by the end of the day. If we finish all our work we usually do over and help out out with the data entry.
Verizon built a brand that cannot be denied...
Technical Service Manager (Former Employee), Everett, WAMay 5, 2015
Verizon is a result of a merger between GTE and Bell Atlantic in 2001 and it has a very long successful run. Everyone knows the Brand name. I worked for them for many years and as with all large corporations it has goals and initiatives for continued success that would translate to the field either successfully or not.

I loved working for Verizon and would love to have retired with them, but with economic changes in 2008 thru 2010 the company laid off thousands of employees. I was working under Verizon Business at the time and it was a great job with excellent benefits.

Currently, they are focused mostly on the Verizon Wireless side of the business as they have sold off alot of the land-line service areas to other ILECs like Frontier Communications. It is a different company now so don't know what the culture is like currently.
stressful environment
Business Analyst---Dispatch Supervisor (Current Employee), Levittown, PAMay 5, 2015
No work life balance and very stressful environment. No job security constantly laying people off. Also do not enjoy the union work environment.
no bueno
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Clovis, CAMay 5, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: pay
horrible place to work, if you dont kiss but you go no where , management is the worse , save your time go work somewhere else
NA
Technical Support Coordinator I/ Point of Contact (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 5, 2015
Great cinoabt to work for with their salary and 401k price match. Verizom wireless has an awesome tuition reimbursement program with a strayer contact inside of the office.
Awesome Coworkers!
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Irvine, CaMay 4, 2015
Cons: Upper Management
Best coworkers ever! The company was great when I started 10 years ago but started to go downhill in the last 4 or 5 years! They use to treat their employees great and not so much anymore. Its a shame. They do pay really well though.
Rapidly Changing, too quick
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMay 4, 2015
Pros: Cheap phone service, good benefits
Cons: horrible upper management
experience varies greatly on management. Little career advancement if you get a different degree than your working in.
Verizon Wireless was the best company that i ever worked for. I was a Customer Service Cordinator. Unfortunately i had to relocate with my parents.
Customer Service Co-coordinator (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 4, 2015
Pros: There were great career progression opportunites, good and reliable medical insuarnce. We had good and timely salaries.
Cons: Verizon was on a CDMA mobile platform, we needed to diversify to GSM platforms too reach more clientele.
I coordinated the representatives work and made sure their quality in service was good.Marketed and sold all Verizon phones, products and services. I assisted in agents escalated issues in the billing. I also was able to assist in escalated coverage explanation especially for roaming customers. I did assist in review and renewal of customer contracts plus offer technical support to phones on tier 1 or tier 2 troubleshooting. I did also perform functions as a team leader duties like training and customer survey reports
Great Benefits
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Tigard, ORMay 4, 2015
With excellent pay and benefits, and the rarely seen tuition reimbursement, Verizon Wireless was a fantastic place to work for many years.
fun workplace
Directory Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Free Benefits, company matched 6% of contributed money into the 401k plan
Cons: the schedule was done based on seniority and it varied from week to week
The work environment was very hospitable. My coworkers made it very easy to come to work everyday and have a good day. everyone was very nice. Our union was active and helpful, whatever you needed there was always a steward available to assist you.
Excellent Company with great benefits
Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VirginiaMay 4, 2015
Excellent organization with great benefits. Company is streamlining it's organization to be more nimble and efficient and to better compete with similar companies.
Great for kids
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Hazlet, NJMay 4, 2015
Pros: phone bill is 50% off and discount on fios
Cons: stress to meet goals--high quota
It's a great place to get 50% off on your phone bill and also to learn about new products coming out. Free wifi at work. Meet all walks of life.
Great company to work for
Global Enterprise Advisor (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTMay 4, 2015
Pros: Great benefits and career options
Cons: Hard metrics to meet every month
Managed 7- 10 large corporate accounts throughout the country. Lots of Account Management and multitasking. supervisors are always there to help with any questions or escalated customers. Co-workers were always willing to help. Lots of hard metrics to meet.
Great place to work, always something to learn.
Senior Field Analyst-Inventory (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMay 4, 2015
Verizon Wireless was a great place to work. There were many challenges, but I always had a good support group/team to overcome them. Change is part of the culture.
Average
Sales Manager (Former Employee), LyndhurstMay 4, 2015
Average across the board, experience will vary depending on your peers and management. Flexibility and Pay wasn't bad.
Verizon
Service Technician (Former Employee), Garden City, NYMay 4, 2015
At Verizon, I installed and maintained FIOS internet, video and voice from its inception. I interfaced with customers and management to deliver the services at a high level to both commercial and residential customers. I enjoyed the empowerment that I was given to meet customer needs and to problem solve on my own. The work was gratifying and rewarding as I felt that I always made a positive difference. The most challenging part of my job was severe weather conditions and challenging obstacles that I enjoyed overcoming to accomplish the goals put before me.
Great Carer Path
Business Account Manager (Current Employee), Roseville, CAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Income, Compensation vs. Work, Products sell themselves
Cons: Work Life Balance
Though this path is hard work up front, once you get a few decent accounts under your belt you'll find yourself exceeding quota from your clientele base
Verizon was a very good company to work for.
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 2, 2015
Pros: Excellent benefits, pay, 401(k) plan
Cons: Can be stressful at times
I was a customer service and sales representative for over 12 years at Verizon. It was a challenging and rewarding work experience, and I gained valuable work experience while there. I became more skilled at business communication (while talking with customers and having to be a very good listener), selling to the customers' needs, providing outstanding customer service, and informing customers as to products and services available.

My co-workers for the most part were amenable, friendly, easy to get along with, and people I looked forward to spending the day with. Management sometimes could be a bit strict and firm in their need to have the customer service reps meet the stated objectives and goals (sales, customer care index, etc, however they were generally helpful to us reps to help meet these goals.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the occasional stressed brought on by irate, unsatisfied customers - however as a professional who understood that it is never yourself the customer is taking out their frustrations, I was able to keep focus on why they called and to not take it personally.

The most enjoyable part of the job? Getting to speak with a wide variety of people all the work day long, and being able to help them with their telecom concerns.
Constant Change
Coordinator (Former Employee), Bellevue WA and West Valley City UTMay 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Work Enviroment became a competition, Not always for the good
This was a job, that changed practically everyday. The overall commitment to quality customer service never change, but how we approached it and the measures changed as the needs of the customers changed, and along with it technology was in constant change.
My roles changed as I had three different job functions while at Verizon for nearly 14 years. From handling consumer accounts to business accounts and finally National accounts.
At the end unfortunately, the environment became an issue with management's direction on how to measure if we were doing our job. It became less of valuing tenure and commitment, to statistical numbers and what have you done for me lately. Equal measure was placed on performance and tenure. It was a learning experience for me of how your seen by management in today's environment. Sometimes only as a number. Humbling.

1 2 3 4 5

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more

Verizon Salaries