Verizon
6,865 reviews

Verizon Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you work hard
Retail Sales (Current Employee), Roseville, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: great benefits, good wages
Cons: long work weeks, work life balance issues
Verizon Wireless is a growing company that pushes their employees extremely hard for results. If you keep your head up and focus on the tasks given, you will reap the benefits of a growing company
Very fast paced
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Westchester, CAMay 21, 2015
We were always very fast paced and it was very challenging.
I loved my co workers.
The hardest part was the rush but we all managed.
Fast pace friendly fun environment
Sales Solution Specialist (Current Employee), Solon, OHMay 21, 2015
Pros: Heathcare, 401k, paid vacation and personal time
Cons: Long hours, high turn over rate
Verizon thus far has been one of the best companies to work for. Phenomenal benefits. However, very difficult to maintain a steady work/life balance. Very difficult job to hold for the single parent due to the long and constant changing hours.
half and half
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 21, 2015
The company itself is wonderful to work and provide excellent benefits. As far as location, I did not like where I worked. Upper management sucks and the job had become very stressful.
Verizon provides great benefits
Sr Analyst 2012-May 2015 (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 21, 2015
Cons: Do not development strong employees for management experience
Verizon provides great benefits to their employees and attempts to maintain a fun atmosphere. It's a great long-term career path for those individuals that already have management experience.
great career
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Vineland, NJMay 20, 2015
helped to learn a lot about the retail wireless industry, and also to work with others in a management role. It also taught me about commission based sales and operations management.
Excellent compant to work for.
Senior Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Plymouth,MAMay 20, 2015
I worked for Verizon Wireless for 15 years. I started out as a sales representative and then was promoted to Senior Sales Representative. I was a key holder. My responsibilities included monthly quota attainment, KPI numbers and customer satisfaction.
Working at Verizon
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Little Rock ARMay 20, 2015
Pros: Full medical, eye, and dental benefits
Cons: shift changed every 6 months
Verizon Wireless is a very exciting and the benefits are awesome. While I was working there the only thing I did not like was having to change schedules every 6 months.
Good environment. Always something to do or accomplish
Bill Print and Distribution (Former Employee), Durham, NCMay 20, 2015
A typical day at Verizon started off with our shift meeting. Usually highlighting previous days totals and current days job assignments, workload and work related news. Once meeting is over, its off to your specified assignments and work area.

Job duties typically rotated on a weekly basis but wasn't unusual to be reassigned daily depending on needs.

Some days went by slow some fast but could always count on co workers to provide support and jokes. Actually more jokes than support.
Productive and lot of work we can learrn
ATG Consultant (Former Employee), New jerseyMay 19, 2015
It's very good company for learning and competitive environment.co-workers very sportive . great place to implement new technologies.
Work with wonderful people.
Customer Service Pro (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCMay 19, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, compensation and benefits
Cons: half hour lunch
A workday includes assisting 30-40 customers with technical, billing and customer retention. I have learned to work with a team of 10-12 individuals whom come together and share knowledge to provide customers with the very best experience. I often substitute for supervisors and I am known as a "go to" person. The most enjoyable part of the current position is knowing that you have truly helped a customer resolve their issue while a tough part of the job can be trying to do your best to help a upset customer.
Handling incoming calls in fast paced enviroment.
Operator/Customer Service (Current Employee), Scranton & Wilkes Barre, PaMay 19, 2015
Pros: Excellent healthcare coverage, paid vacations and sick days
Cons: Not family friendly hours where they can work with you
Handle directory assistance calls, I have learned many aspects of this job through the years. Worked clerical, payroll, secure information and reports. Handled complaints, escalating procedures to help assist customers. Co-workers are helpful and show shortcuts they have learned to help assist you in helping customers. The hardest part of the job is how is has changed and it doesn't seem customer service oriented, its use the information they have and if they don't have enough its an attitude of too bad to handle more callers. The most enjoyable part of job was before they changed we were customer service oriented and were able to assist and help customers understand more of what information we need to help assist them in the best possible way.
Great Company
Team Lead and Trainer (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 19, 2015
I enjoyed the company and learning allot. I am still learning about products and services but this is a growing and evolving company so that will never stop and I enjoy the challenge.
Fast paced, results oriented
Sr. Staff Consultant - Customer Service (Former Employee), Kernersville NCMay 19, 2015
A good place to work,very rewarding, must be dedicated and willing to work after hours and weekends and holidays. A wonderful group of co orkers
Didn't love customer service, but good company to work for
Call Center Coordinator (Current Employee), Franklin, TNMay 19, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Customer service
It's a good place to work if you're not on the phones. Great benefits and time off options. Pay is decent. Typical day in customer service is taking calls with two 15 minute breaks and having everything you do logged and monitored.
PRODUCTIVE CORPORATION WITH FREEDOM TO ADVANCE AND MEET GOALS FROM WITHIN.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Newark, NJMay 19, 2015
Pros: INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM TO WORK AND CREATE. SALARY. FLEXIBILITY.
Cons: NONE.
I PERSONALLY ENJOYED MY 20 YEARS OF SERVICE WITH VERIZON. THE ABILITY TO LEARN FROM OTHERS AND WORK ALONGSIDE EXPERIENCED STAFF WAS MORE THAN I COULD HAVE ASKED FOR. MY INDIVIDUAL GOAL OF TOTAL EXPANSION INTO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY/NETWORKING & SECURITY WAS THE SINGLE FACTOR IN RETIRING AND MOVING ON.
Fast Paced, Challenging
Customer Service/Technical Support Expert (Current Employee), Chandler, AZMay 18, 2015
Pros: Benefits, career progression
Cons: Can be stressful
Great place to work. Very rewarding to succeed in fixing a customer issue, be it billing, technical, or just questions. Great leadership and opportunity.
Rewarding
Business Manager- NC/SC Coast (Current Employee), Myrtle BeachMay 18, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Work life balance
A typical day begins by reviewing previous day results and identify positive accomplishments and opportunities and then coach reps accordingly.
In this position I have learned how to coach and develop a team to drive business sales.
My co-workers are hardworking and enthusiastic about being successful.
Most enjoyable part of my job is when my sales reps are successful.
Very exciting place to work at with great motivation for the employees
Account Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2015
Great company to work for in my opinion. Always giving the tools needed to succeed. My co-workers had great personalities, management was attentive to your needs and also helpful in each team member maximized their potential.
Training
Delivery Manager/Order Manger (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 18, 2015
Pros: Good Training, and healthcare
Cons: Training and healthcare
Verizon offers a lot of good training it you take the time. Managers have been supportive, and assist when needed.
You pretty much start your day running, and before you know it is time to good home.
Co-working are wonderful and we all help each other when it is needed.

1 2 3 4 5

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more

Verizon Salaries