Verizon Employee Reviews

Found 11,456 reviews matching the search
The position I held Manager Data Sollutions was transferred to Overland Park,Kansas
Manager Data Solutions 4/O1 (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 20, 2016
A typical day of work cosisted of going on two to four face to face appointments. In addition, I secured new business opportunities through cold calling. I learned a lot about overcoming objections, optimum use of daily time, the keys to closing a sale. The management was very supportive. My co-workers and I operated as a true team offering each other with suggestions and knowledge sharing. The hardest part of the job was commuting a long distance for one opportunity. The most enjoyable part of the job was closing the sale!
Pros
Compensation package, comprehensive training.
Cons
Communting a long distance for one opportunity.
Stressful Work Environment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 19, 2017
Assisted with customers for account maintenance, Customer billing inquires and resolving, Senior handler for escalated customers, Assist with resourcing and training new hires, Customer call backs for consumer fulfillment of requests, Did price plan analysis to satisfy consumer needs, Equipment sales and some commission based sales and incentives and had advanced training in technical support for troubleshooting phone and the network.

Overall learned this kind of job is not for me. I like to be able to move around more. However, it did teach me penitence with people and not to take any comments personally.
Verizon is not as good
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CTDecember 29, 2016
Verizon is not as good as people think. They like to hire within the company which is not bad but they like to hold down the minority race and everyone in upper management is so comfortable, they are not willing to help employees move up. My manager has been my manager for 2 years and I have went on several interviews. I have the management experience and the skills it takes to do the job but overtime i finish interviewing I always get the answer their is someone who just has this little more then you. So when will it ever be my shot at the job.
Productive and fun
Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCDecember 21, 2016
A typical day at work involves account analysis for customers, finding solutions for their everyday life, and also providing technology solutions to make their everyday life easy. Store culture is positive. the hardest part of my job is finding personalized solutions for different people. I enjoy working with different people and talking to different people. I have learned to work with different people with different cultural background and different needs.
Great learning experience
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDDecember 27, 2016
Responsible for training and managing a commission based sales team. This requires maintaining a positive, goal oriented, competitive environment in which to train sales associates and drive sales. Clients represented include: Home Depot, Mid-Atlantic Waterproofing, Power Home Remodeling Group, and Verizon Fios.

• Duties include: designing training programs and professional development courses to facilitate meeting organizational goals and individual professional needs.
• Daily fieldwork with new trainees instructing them about how to keep a fast pace, and a great attitude through door to door work and in store marketing.
Terrible place to work since new management
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 17, 2016
Management just wants to reduce workforce to meet numbers & ship work out overseas. Implements shift changes that actually causes longer out of service times than previous shifts. Management ignores the facts & realities & forces changes that do not justify the numbers. Company used to care about the customer now it's only about the bottom dollar & numbers. Over a dozen mechanics quit in one year (unheard of in the companies history) after the implementation of a night shift that increased out of service numbers by over 66% & caused personal hardships.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Night shift, does not update & train employees, management oblivious to workforce problems
Stressful Job
OPERATIONS/SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 26, 2016
Thought my job was pretty secure until the had company changes and I got laid off. Overall not a bad place to work but very difficult to have a great family life and work life. Work alot of long hours, have to work really hard to get a good commission check. Alof of management likes to micro manage making it hard to work. Must be very dedicated to your job in order to make money.
Pros
Can make alot of money
Cons
work/family life, you can work hard and still not make a commission check
Upper Management takes over your life
Local Manager - Construction Line, Supervise (Former Employee) –  Roseland, NJJanuary 2, 2017
Although Verizon pays well, the newest management from Boston has come down and made every decent person sitting in a managers position either a puppet or they were driven out of the company. Many first level managers were either out on disability and the nice guys were driven and set up for failure and eventually forced to leave.
Pros
Salary only
Cons
No life as a first level manager, and no respect from upper management
Well paid, but have no life..
Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Whiteville, NCJanuary 10, 2017
You won't have time for anything... they expect you to bend over backwards but if things happen and you need to transfer good luck... also if you don't lie to people you won't make enough sales and they will find a way to get rid of you. like most big business they don't care about you unless you are the top sales person
Pros
pay/benefits
Cons
no work life balance, company only takes care of top performers, they say don't lie but you will have to because other sales people do
Verizon is an enjoyable place to work that gives opportunities to move.
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 16, 2017
The day to day interaction with customers is better than most. The products and services work very well and customers are often excited to buy. Customer issues are often something that employee's can give solutions for on the spot or within a short time frame.

The most difficult part of the job are the hours and work/life balance but with good relationships with your coworkers and customers it is enjoyable with you are working.
Goal driven work environment
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAJanuary 11, 2017
A typical day at work is a very busy, productive goal driven workplace. Managers strived to make the workplace as fun a possible as well as make it comfortable for the customers. For the most part, I have always had helpful coworkers. The hardest part of the job was stressing over a sales goal, but at the same time achieving a difficult sales goals would be the most enjoyable.
Pros
very fun and easy going work environment
Cons
difficult sales goals at times
Verizon Enterprise Solutions
Sr. Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 21, 2016
Worked with Account Team to design and manage changes on Toll Free Applications used in Contact Centers. I learned how to develop the applications using a GUI - Graphic User Interface, then I was promoted to a Project Manager involved in requirements gathering and tracking the progress of the project through the Implementation phase, testing and deployment to production. Troubleshooting priority 1 trouble tickets could be stressful at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team. Training employees, and seeing them be successful.
Pros
Good Salary, Benefits, Training
Cons
layoffs, MCI WorldCom Fraud before being sold to Verizon
Can you hear me later
Network Consultant Engineering and Operations (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 17, 2017
It's all moving to wireless and I was regular Wireline telecom. Enough said.

I was told I had to move even though Verizon had a lot of personnel that work remotely.

To get promoted past a certain point you have to apply for another job at a higher paygrade, get offered the job and then your current department will "open" a slot for you at the higher paygrade. If you don't apply for different jobs, VZ HR assumes that you do your current job for your current paygrade, why should they promote you for doing the same job?
Pros
Decent perks and ok bonus
Cons
No promotions. Little to no advancement.
Be prepared to hustle every hour every day
Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 19, 2017
Overall great company to work for if you need a steady job. Very competitive commission structure. I made a lot of money here however it is very stressful. Too many metrics, and new focuses every couple weeks. Managers are hit or miss. Fortunately mine have been good.

Don't think you'll be here for 1 year and gone, they lock you in to be vested in your 401 K and before you know it a few years will pass.
Pros
Benefits, Good Pay, Highest payout of any Cell Phone company
Cons
Long hours, No work life balance, Too many metrics, Stressful!!!
The number 1 company in the industry. Love ping pong.
Telesales Representative (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 9, 2017
A typical work day is answer phones and selling products to new and existing customers. Competeing with co-worker on most accessories and Gross Gain sales. Learn alot about the telecomunication industry. Learn how to position to management to get what I need to code more sales and who not to ask. Hardest part of job is when it was slow becuase phone not ring makes it hard for sell, general after holidays. Have fun selling with the team is the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Per lunches, trips, sporting events for production. Tons of prizes for standing out with sales. Free cell phone.
Cons
Commission could be higher and higher base.
Customer Service
CUSTOMER SERVICE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHJanuary 8, 2017
Sent out user guides and schedule times to cover training with personnel via phone. Contact customers to explain Products and services that they have subscribed to.

Track and report on training completed, as well as any sales training gaps that may exist. Implement a training program to cover said gaps and train employees as needed.

Support Sales staff with questions regarding products and services as they relate to the customers.
Pros
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, FMLA, Short-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement.
Cons
Advancement Oppurtunities
Dangerous and 70% turn over rate for employees
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXDecember 25, 2016
For a non gun policy workplace. that was violated. Parking lot during clocking in or out was bumper cars with accidents daily. Upper management was too busy in meeting about why they was having so many meetings. No pen policy meant that the only thing you had was a shelf, not even a desk. Left shortly after due to safety. 3 training classes 25 per class with a simple rule of keep your cellphone in your pocket dropped to 22 grand total in less than 2 weeks.
Well compensated , but
Fiber Network Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CADecember 30, 2016
Going to work in a customer facing outside job with VZ is demanding.

Both physically and mentally. Forced overtime is the rule, not the exception. Money is very good, but eventually you'll want to go home, but there will always be one more job.

Its a place where you will eventually learn to say no.

Managment in my area was so innundated with paper work that they had little time or inclination to actually manage their workgroup.
Pros
money
Cons
wheres the rest of my life?
Security
Building Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHDecember 29, 2016
Interim Security Manager
Building Security Supervisor
Protect the welfare of arena employees, and patrons
Respond to alarms
Control access into the arena
Operate CCTV system
Operate the LENEL alarm computer
Perform patrols of the arena
Fill open building security shifts
Issue ID badges
Program and issue proxy access cards
Program electronic suite locks
Train new building security staff
Perform other duties as assigned
Pros
friendly staff and environment, changing environment depending on show
Cons
no room for advancement
Very good company to work for and build/gain life experience
Lineman (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2016
I was a 20 something year old with no college... And even though there has been many changes that I'm not necessarily in support of; I have learned many skills working for various departments as well gaining the experience and confidence to be a team leader amongst my peers in my current department. Verizon has also afforded me the opportunity to provide a life for myself and my family that I may not have otherwise been able to do so.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2