Verizon
6,675 reviews

Verizon United States Employee Reviews

Fun and competitive workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Streetsboro, OHApril 22, 2015
Enjoyed working for Verizon for the most part, could get competitive.
Learned a lot about sales and improved my communication skills.
Productive and fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Belvidere, ILApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with.
Cons: Long working hours
Enjoyable, excited, day to day to interact with customer. Assist customer with cell phones. Help customer to set new line of service, transfer contacts, picturtes, set up music. Assist customer with purchase of tablets.
Well-known telecom giant with good benefits.
Senior Analyst (Former Employee), Richardson, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: Customers appreciated us.
A typical day at work would consist of contacting the customer to see when they want their circuit activation on Verizon's network, after having tested through from the local telco end to Verizon's demark. Activation would include ensuring all components, including CPE, modems, routers, WIC cards, etc., were correctly installed and tested, concluding with the customer acceptance of equipment and circuit.
Great place to work.
QA Software Test Analyst (Current Employee), warren, NJApril 22, 2015
It was a great place to work. Also, a great opportunity to learn from the best in management. Thoroughly enjoyed working there.
Busy interactive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 21, 2015
Consisted of to Long phone hours. Very good management . Learned better multi-tasking techniques. Co-workers were very friendly.
Good job
Fiber Support Analyst (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYApril 21, 2015
Pros: High pay and great benefits
Cons: High stress and micromanaged.
Company has great pay and benefits. Plenty of training available and management is very solid. Great place to make a career
fun place
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee), ojklahomaApril 21, 2015
very fun place to work withj great pay and great benefits. long late hours and very micromanaged. if you like that then go for it
Overall laid back place to work
Fiber Customer Support Analyst (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Catering, team events, pay, and benefits
Cons: Paying for parking and traffic into town
- I work an 8 hour shift, 5 days a week, unless there is overtime available. Scheduled to work every other weekend.

- I have learned how to be patient and work through obstacles that are in my way. Learned how to communicate with different types of attitudes.

- Management has been pretty good. Get along with my supervisor and other supervisors on my floor.

- I interact with my co-workers and get along with every one. We ask each other questions if we are stuck. Work well in a team environment.

- I would say the hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers. I am pretty good at getting the customer calmed down and get the issue fixed.

- Most enjoyable part of the job is when I know I have fixed a customer issue.
Great people to work with
Technical Expert (Current Employee), Chandler, AZApril 21, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: The work Schedules are not family friendly
Great people to work with, I really enjoyed my time working with Verizon Wireless. Not only did I learn a lot from this working for Verizon Wireless, I was also able to get them to pay for my schooling as well. It was really sad to see so many people get laid off from there.
it;s all about the money
Splice Service Technician (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 21, 2015
Pros: free benefits
Cons: consistantly them changing the rules and not being trusted to do your job
I worked as a sst for many years in several different locations and the turf team leaders(managers) had their hands tied. They all meant well but were totally controlled by the purse strings of corporate America. Enough time wasn't given to fix the trouble the customer had, you were allowed 2 hours then somebody else had to pick it up and start over from point A. Benefits were good but with a company making 14 billion dollars a year and a CEO making 21million I think that a new contract should not be an issue the money should go back to the employees , first and second level managers and union members who are out with the customers in all types of weather not sitting in an office drinking coffee. The most hardest part of the job was keeping up with the changes made bu management to do the job they knew nothing about
workplace
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee), Alpharetta GaApril 20, 2015
Pros: paid vacation, paid sick time, paid personal time and uia bonus and raise, std and fmla
Cons: no following policy right, fmla not approve doctor excuses all the time
worked to save revenue and customers
troubleshooting solving problems
being a team player
hardest thing is making sure to follow all rules
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), Long island , NYApril 20, 2015
Working within retail is never a dull day. IF you enjoy talking to people and engaging with all walks of life this is the career for you. Sales bring in more money if you're a talkative person.
good
Asst Field Technician (Current Employee), Bronx, NYApril 20, 2015
great customer service product knowlege i love working for this company. i been their two years. my manager is very nice.
HIghly active place
Bilingual Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Forest Hills Multilingual CenterApril 20, 2015
Pros: Great pay scale
Cons: HIghly stressful
Very intensed sales oriented company highly motivated coworkers good company for new hire

I learned to multi task
hardest part of the job is being able to compete with your friends for prizes and vacations

The most enjoyable part is being able to help solve problems to our customers and help them get the best of our many services
Great oppurtunity
Cellular Sales (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 20, 2015
Great place to work with great oppurtunity for money. You are your own boss kind of. There are no managers looking over your shoulder. You have to be able to meet their money requirements. Other than that the average day consist of going in and doing inventory and then helping customers with their issues or helping them get new devices.
A full day
Experienced Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 20, 2015
Pros: Room to grow
I work start my day by making sure that the opening procedures are completed. I would then assist customers with their needs.
working with verizon is very enjoyable
RF Optimization Engineer (Current Employee), Edison,NJApril 20, 2015
Pros: They provide ofiz outings
Cons: breaks
co-workers ,management is so good,Office invironment is good,i felt so happy to work with such a nice people,they maintain quality of work,they treated employes like a friend and teach us each and every things
training part is so good,
Great company, intense atmoshphere
Senior Consultant, Biz Dev and Strategic Planning (Current Employee), Laurel, MDApril 19, 2015
Great company to work for, intense environment that focuses on execution and getting the job done right the first time.
Customer centric environment
Concierge (Former Employee), Basking Ridge, NJApril 19, 2015
Pros: Amazing networking opportunities
Cons: Not a permanent employee
I assist verizon with providing the most amazing customer experience available. Everyday my professional approach help increase the companies ability to provide the nations largest most reliable network.
I enjoyed interacting with the public
Account Executive (Former Employee), Uhrichsville, OHApril 19, 2015
It was a decent store, had a lot of good customers come in, had the chance to learn how to work and operate all cellphones and tabs.

1 2 3 4 5

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more

Verizon Salaries