Verizon

7.5K reviews

Verizon Employee Reviews

great company
Network Engineer (Former Employee), Remote - OklahomaAugust 31, 2015
I liked working for Verizon, its a great company with so many opportunities. Its got a great culture and it has challenging careers to work towards.
Very high stressed position, good environment to work in.
Financial Analyst/Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Great incentives
Cons: Scheduled breaks and lunches.
It is a good company to work for. The management team was fair. Plenty of room for advancement and opportunity for growth.
Customer service rep
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 31, 2015
Answered an average number of calls per day by addressing customer inquiries, solving problems and providing new product information.
Described product to customers and accurately explained details and care of merchandise.
Politely assisted customers in person and via telephone.
Recommended, selected and helped locate and obtain out-of-stock product based on customer request.
Investigated and resolved customer inquiries and complaints in a timely and empathetic manner.
Built long-term customer relationships and advised customers on purchases and promotions.
Asked open-ended questions to assess customer needs.
Productive and fast-paced environment
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Colerain, OHAugust 31, 2015
Pros: benefits, good breaks/lunches, realistic and obtainable sales goals
Cons: micromanagement, seems everyone is out to get you at some point
Fast-paced work environment consistently driven by sales quotas. A lot of micromanagement if your sales numbers are struggling, but if you make the sales management stays off your back. Worked as a team, a family, and as one store. The different roles within the store help attract and excite consumers to new products and services they never knew existed; that's where the fun of the job begins. A lot of variety each day of work, new people with new issues and needs each day, and opportunities to grow and open your mind to a new way of thinking. A company that really allowed me to expand my thinking in order to create rapport and new business opportunities.
Excellent company to work for.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Great room for advancement.
Cons: Lay-offs in mangement.
One of the best companies, I've had the pleasure to work for. I assisted both VP and Director of sales for Multicultural sales department. It was honor to work with such great leaders who gave me both the tools and the goals necessary to succeed in my career at Verizon.
What I learned
Tech apprentice (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Education and benefits
Cons: Dont care about your health....no empathy
Although Verizon Wireless trains you very well for your position and compensates you with benefits and education they have no care for your well being. They expect you to put work before your health and have no empathy but yet the main thing they teach you is to have empathy for the customers and align with their feelings. This company which I once thought was great has truly disappointed me.
Worst place I have ever worked
solutions specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 31, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits
Cons: no life
Besides the pay, this company tells your in the training that family comes 1st and that they balance work/family. Far from the truth. working 6 days a week and having your manager call you on your day off to come in. I lost my sister who was a single parent and trying to work through that situation was a nightmare. I would say that this is a great job if your fresh out of college and wanting to make good money then this is the place. Benefits are great as well
Great Company with strong goals
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee), Deptford, NJAugust 31, 2015
Pros: great pay and great benefits
Cons: Long retail hours.. holidays were difficult
Very Busy with constant flow of customers

Learned all about the cell phone industry and how to handle monthly quotas

great Training and management was hands on

Co-Workers were very helpful and honest
Productive Fun Place to work
Customer Advocate (Former Employee), Greenville, NCAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits..health care..time off
Cons: Schedules by seniority
Company gives you many days off and personal time also great opportunity for growth. In the call center you usually start off answering inbound calls and have the opportunity as you grow to work on optional projects and positions throughout the company.
Nice place to work, many perks.
Network Technician (Current Employee), Newark, NJAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Easy after you get the hang of things
Cons: Not much wiggle room to move up.
Support cloud network. You work in the cloud. Technical yet not complex work. You learn many IT skills. Your co-workers are hit or miss. The job is not hard. You can always go home at five unless you want to work overtime.
Typical Day
Escort (Former Employee), Brooklyn N.YAugust 30, 2015
Typical day consist of insisting the technician and interacting with customers to help their needs with their internet cable and phone issues.
Great company to work for
Central Office Technician (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 30, 2015
Had the privilege of getting world class training in the testing and restoring telecom lines remotely.

Most enjoyable part of this job was the pleasure I got from doing a great job and making customers very happy.
Productive and fun workplace
Health & Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee), Orangeburg, NYAugust 29, 2015
Pros: benefits
Productive and fun workplace with fair management. Room to move up and expand. Good benefits and lots of team work encouraged.
Productive workplace with game room and good incentives.
Wireless Customer Service/APAC Customer Service (Former Employee), Onalaska, WI.August 28, 2015
Pros: Hourly pay and quarterly pay increases.
Cons: Too short of a lunch, too difficult to get bonuses, not enough help when needed, short staffed on supervisors when working there.
The thing I enjoyed the most about working for Verizon Wireless Customer Service was having the chance to speak to and help out so many different people in one day. I always left work feeling accomplished and satisfied.
Supportive
Equipment Engineer (Current Employee), Folsom, CAAugust 28, 2015
My education is the result of the support and encouragement that I receive from Verizon Wireless. When I began working at Verizon I only had an AA degree, but with Verizon's financial and professional support I have earned a BA, MA and PhD.
Used to be worth it
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee), OhioAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Old pay, benefits, vacation, discounts
Cons: micromanagement, new pay structure, belittlement by superiors, schedule, incredible stress
Team selling has recently replaced individual achievement meaning the days of the enormous checks for over achievers are gone -- me too. Management is always putting more and more and more and more on your plate. Try getting the most out of your customer AND receive a 10 rating, that's next to impossible to do both. There are constant weekly meetings starting between 6am and 7am which will quickly get old after closing the store the night before and having to close the store that night. Your off days are often spent trying to regain conciseness. Benefits ARE amazing though and you can almost make your own schedule, taking your 2 days off per week almost whenever you want. Personal days and vacation days rack up fast but Black Friday and iPhone launch day will quickly make you wish you'd have gotten a different job.
The same as before
Technical Coordinator/Quality Manager (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNAugust 28, 2015
I already wrote a review on Verizon. For some reason the computer asked me to do it again. I left for personal reasons but I did not like the direction the company was headed.
Great job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), west nyack, nyAugust 28, 2015
Cons: no promotions
Daily duties included setting up and breaking down all products. Opening and closing cash drawers and meeting and handling all customers requests.
Fast Past Every changing Environment
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Growth and advancement opprotunities
Cons: Uneven work life balance
One of America's largest and fastest growing technology Companies.
Geared toward the satisfaction if its customers.
Continuously breaking barrier.
Leading teams to areas growth to build and maintain a loyal customer base to generate revenue.
The best !!!!
Systems Analyst II (Former Employee), Santo Domingo, PRAugust 28, 2015
As a international worldwide known company. Verizon offers a lot of knowledge and possibilities to grow, be noticed and be better. At this part of the World the average payment rate is good but definitely better in other places.
Headquarters