Verizon Employee Reviews in United States

Found 9,852 reviews matching the search
Great Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 28, 2016
Great company to work for. Awesome benefits, wonderful management that works with you to achieve goals! Co-workers are always friendly and the stores have an awesome atmosphere.
Great Workplace
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 28, 2016
Working for Verizon was a great experience and I've learned a great deal of customer service skills during my employment with the company.
High pressure sales
Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 28, 2016
Weekly changes in promotional products and services that are difficult to keep up with. Constant coaching on sales process.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Work life balance
Great place to work if you have enough money in your savings
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 27, 2016
Great place to work if you have enough money in your savings. You educate customers on insurance needs, and sell them. only money you make is if you sell no base pay.
Pros
helping people
Cons
all of it.
Great place to Work at
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORApril 27, 2016
Enjoyed working for this Company I learned something new everyday. bringing great attitude to work and having communication with co workers and customers would always be productive I most enjoyed about this job was meeting new customers and working as a team.
Pros
great year bonus
Customer Advocate Supervisor
Business Coordinator/ Fulfillment (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 27, 2016
• I managed a team of 12 Customer Advocates
• Managed technical queues on a daily basis which resulted to direct support of end user inquiries, technical issues.
• Responded to external customers via email, telephone, and chat effectively resolved issues.
• Provided support for Verizon Wireless products, executed and validated new upgrades (software updates) and assisted with user operation and testing.
Stable and Secure Job
Financial Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 27, 2016
Verizon is a great place to work for those who want stability or would like to advance in their formal education. I was able to finish my MBA and completing a Project Management Training Certification.
Fast paced and can be fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCApril 27, 2016
8 hour day helping customers with phone support and billing issues. Also signing up new accounts and retaining existing customers.

Depending on the location, management was on the floor managing the team and operations of the sales floor.

The hardest part of the job was not having the company you work for support you when customers would give false testimony about their experience in the store. If a customer didn't get what they wanted (something free), they would tell lies to get you in trouble and managers would not ask for your side of the story.

Most enjoyable part is when the company enforced rules that coworkers were breaking and made sure coworkers were giving full disclosure to the customers to avoid escalations later.
Pros
high pay, great benefits
Cons
lack of work/life balance
Good People
Advanced Telecom Tech (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAApril 26, 2016
Glad I worked there and glad I left when I did!! Good people but some management needs to learn!! Ready for my next adventure!!
Nice place to work.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 26, 2016
The workplace is beautiful, the people are friendly and interactive. The management is wonderful, they take matters seriously.
Daily Work load
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 26, 2016
Maintain and install phone and video equipment for various customers. Trained new employees at job sites. Network testing of dynamic and static IP plus VOIP lines.
Enjoyed dealing with the customers.
Pros
Great Benefits
Small group of employees, teamwork required
Resource Management- Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 26, 2016
We learned how to provide excellent customer service to our customers and peers. There was a great deal of teamwork involved to make the department a success. There were many great people you could reach out to as resources if you needed help. Management was supportive. The hardest part of the job was conversions (software). The most enjoyable part of the job was the new hire presentation. My boss and I would talk with the new hires about how the Resource Management department was available to assist them.
Pros
Great culture, fast paced work environment, great benefits
Cons
No job advancement
One of my best jobs. recognition of a great work and we get a picnic every year
Provisioner II /911 Business Analyst Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 26, 2016
Answered emails, pull new accounts and enter data in the systems. Checks for jeops and any other issues that may not allow the installation to be on time. Contact vendor daily to make sure they have everything ready for the installation on their side. Contact the client and give them daily updates until the installation is complete. Resolved any disputes or add any additional services to the accounts.

I've learned how manage any orders from cradle to grave and how to communicate with my clients and vendors until all work is finished. I learned a happy client will always choose you first instead of the competition.

My managers always had my back when I needed them. They were supportive and know how to listen.

My coworkers are usually very happy. I enjoy working with them.

It can get stressful specifically when there is an issue with the installation. Your client is never happy with that. I do pride myself that I usually have them smiling after they realize we know and working on the issues.

The most enjoyable is my client. I usually get a thank you card from most of them. It made my job fulfilling.
Pros
employee recogniztion and great lucheons.
Cons
high turnover
Focused on wireless business
Senior Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 26, 2016
Verizon is focused on the wireless side of the business. This is a more profitable but less strategic offering. The cloud, security, and MPLS networks are being sold off. Culture has eroded over the last decade. Not innovative.
Great pay and benefits.
Customer Contact Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 26, 2016
Verizon is an outstanding company with great pay and benefits. The mandatory overtime for front line employees can be tough at times but the checks sure are nice. The chance for advancement is available if one really does put in the time and effort. The employees and management are all very personable and willing to help and will go out of their way to help others succeed. The toughest part about the job was communicating between departments. Nothing was really streamlined and made it difficult to relay accurate information to customers about arrival times etc.
Pros
lots of perks and constantly fed us
Cons
limited time to use the restroom
Door to Door / Buisness to Buisness Sales
Sales (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 26, 2016
Working as a contractor doing door to doors sales commission only taught me a lot with being very disciplined self starter and to have thick skin. I was able to overcome many obstacles and objections.
Pros
commision
Cons
not for the faint of heart
none none none
Sales Manger (Current Employee) –  Port Richey, FLApril 26, 2016
I don't have much to say about them I like the company just need to further my career Verizon is a good company have a lot ot offer
great
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New Milford, NJApril 26, 2016
They took care of me, and always looked for ways to make everyone money. Really a great environment with even better people.
Was once a nice place to work.......
Outside Plant Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 25, 2016
Over 2 decades I have held different positions in locations from New York to Washington, DC. My peers across the footprint have been a good group of people that have made the experience a positive one. Management (immediate) can come across as difficult as they often have their "hands tied" from upper management directives.
Pros
stable company, movement available
Cons
Over managed, lack of accomodating employee needs
Good job to make money
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  West Islip, NYApril 25, 2016
Management is helpful and you will like to make money for yourself. Enjoyable part of the day is seeing the customer is satisfied with your service