Verizon
5,047 reviews

Verizon Employer Reviews

Good compnay
Senior Analyst of Strategic Business Solutions (Current Employee), Folsom, CAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: healthcare, vacation, sti
Cons: work life balance, slow advanvement unless willing to relocate
Overall, Verizon has been a good company to work for and I have built most of my career and skills working for them. Leaders are very engaged, and they truly promote from within. The only real down side to Verizon is that there is no work life balance. If you want a good work life balance, you won't make an income that can support a family.
Great Job and People
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Brandon, FLJuly 31, 2014
Pros: time off, compenstaion
Great benefits, understanding management andgreat compensation
Mostly good with some negatives
Technical Lead/Developer/Programmer/App Support (Former Employee), Erie, PA / Fort Wayne, IN / Tampa, FLJuly 31, 2014
Pros: good bosses, good pay & benefits, fairly flexible job schedules
Cons: ever-present layoffs, increasing workloads, lack of recognition for good work
This job title is a summary of the application-related positions I had with Verizon.

I initially supported payroll and HR applications. I would work with the IT-client to design, develop, and code new programs and/or enhancements to existing programs. I would troubleshoot issues and create documentation for the team as well as the customers.
I wrote – more... numerous tools to assist the customer and team for special projects and automation.

When I transfered to the billing area (I supported a number of different billing applications while at verizon ... carrier-to-carrier, residential and business front-ends), I did much of the same type of
work as I did when in payroll and HR. At one point, I was supporting, either as primary or secondary, four different billing applications on mainframe, UNIX, and Tandem (HP NonStop).

I learned all about the mainframe and the various utilities and tools associated with it. I learned UNIX, UNIX scripting and other languages from scratch. I learned that I enjoyed immensely making the client happy by giving them what they needed (and more) instead of just what they thought they wanted. That was the best part about the positions.

I was lucky to have good managers in each of my positions and locations. Some were more effective than others but all were good and I got along with them all.

I made lifelong friends with a number of my co-workers. While there are always some that can be somewhat difficult, rarely did this make the job unbearable. And after the numerous layoffs, there was no "deadwood" ... everyone was very good at their jobs and teamwork was of the upmost importance with the every increasing workload.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the very frequent layoffs and an ever increasing workload.

The best part of the job was working with the clients to develop a system or enhancement that would make there job easier. They were always very grtaeful and I developed a great working relationship and friendship with many of them. I also enjoyed designing writing the various tools over the years. – less
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Arlington TXJuly 31, 2014
This was a part time while I was going to school. I found that I enjoyed sales, but I wanted to find a more rewarding challenge.
Full-time customer service (Current Employee), Las vegas, NVJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great pay, great benefits
Cons: erratic schedule, always having to handle upset customers who can be rude and flat out cruel.
Great company for those who want to work..Very friendly environment, fast paced and you're given an opportunity to add to your communication skills given the diverse people you interact with on a daily basis, here is plenty of opportunity for promotion. Not all promotions come with pay raises even though they take on more work load.
it was a job for life with one of the largest employers in the world.
sysrems technician (Former Employee), MDJuly 29, 2014
Pros: steady work, good pay and benifits
Cons: long hrs, overtime, emergency call outs. worked rain/sleet/snow
when you spend a good portion of you life at an employer for 30 yrs, you get the chance to work all over the east coast and even the county...get your work in am install and repair customer lines. being a union company all managers treated you with respect. employees also new how to treat each other. climbing telephone poles in the rain and snow can – more... he hard and dangerous. meeing people from all walks of life with great stories was an experience. – less
Good Job
Technical Support/Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: fun
Good Job. I had fun working there. It was rewarding and the people were positive.
Great job at Verizon
Owner Operator / Manager (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: no job security
Excellent Experience but looking to achieve higher goals, also I have no benefits with this company as a owner.
Systems Tech. worked Naval Base Norfolk for Verizon and loved going to work everyday
Systems Technician (Former Employee), Norfolk/Va. Beach Va.July 29, 2014
Pros: worked base everyday
Cons: traffic to get to and from work
Worked NOB at Naval Base Norfolk on all buildings and workplace environments. Kept all circuits up and running and was stationed right there in the main frame inside NOB.
Verizon
Customer Service Manager/Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Colorado SpringsJuly 29, 2014
Pros: 1hour lunch
Cons: 10 break
This is another review for Verizon. Great place to hone yor communications skills.
Great Company
General Manager (Former Employee), College Point, NYJuly 29, 2014
Great company with great benefits. Typical work day consisted of helping customers find the best solutions for their wireless needs.
fun workplace good pay
sale rep (Current Employee), VAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: discount health benefits
Cons: pressure to make sales and scheduling
good place to work, company changes a lot be prepared. management is what you make it as long as you management keeps calm under pressure your problems should be small. hardest part of the job is the pressure you feel to gain sales. it requires a lot of will power and a lot of patience to work for this company very little advancement within this company, – more... movement is all about who you know who likes you the best. i enjoyed the payment and the discount.
no set schedule, retail hours. – less
There is alot of interaction with people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Bloomingdale, ILJuly 28, 2014
The experience and skills I earned while working there are helping pursue my new career.
Great company
Global Technical Support Expert (Current Employee), Columbia, SCJuly 28, 2014
Lots of room to grow in this company. Benefits are great for family and self investment.
postive work place
Account Manager (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: i got a chance to meet differnt people
Cons: commisioned based pay
come in for moring meeting and then handling sales. i learned teamwork as we as how to sell our products and services. my co workers were great. managament was not good at all.
Flexible & Challenging
IT Project Manager (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDJuly 28, 2014
Pros: job work/life balance, benefits
Cons: job security
Management is highly flexible which allows workers to balance the challenging and demanding industry with family/life.
games and fun time within employees and managers
National Accounts Business Coordinator (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTJuly 28, 2014
Pros: for performing beyond our expectations lunch or some reward should be considered.
Cons: two 15 minute breaks within an 8 hour shift. healthcare coverage is most important u
After assisting our customers with their service a little game will probably let us exhale tension and stress.
Worse company to work for
Consultant (Former Employee), Clarksburg, WVJuly 28, 2014
Pros: the money is good.
Cons: the stress is high and you must be dis-honest to work here
Worked for Verizon as a call center consultant and I must admit...it was the worse, most stressful 4 years of my life. Managers are constantly breathing down your neck to sell ridicilous products that customers don't need. It was a constant battle to keep your job and even thou the money is good, it's not worth the stress you go thru to make it. I do – more... not suggest anyone work for a Verizon call center because every day you are required to see your soul and "Cram" customers account with products they have no use or need for. – less
Productive and important!
Fios Customer Support Analyst (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 26, 2014
Pros: to be part of a wonderful company
Cons: verizon doesn't offer part time or work from home positions
I answered incoming calls from Verizon customers all over the United States that needed help with landline phone service, fios tv service, or internet service. I troubleshooted customers to reset products or to locate a problems. I answered questions related to the bill or products. A typical day at work was very busy, my co-workers were always available – more... for help with questions or any concerns. The hardest part of the job was when our systems would go down and not being able to send signals to the customers phone, tv, or internet. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help a customer , so that when they hung up the customer was glad they called me. – less
great pay
Interim Manager (Former Employee), Athens, GAJuly 26, 2014
sales, help customers learn about new products, great training, good benefits

1 2 3 4 5

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more