Verizon
5,861 reviews

Verizon Employer Reviews

Always Changing Workplace
Solutions Manager (Current Employee), Maplewood, MNDecember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Verizon is a great place to work if you like a fast paced, always changing environment. The atmosphere is up beat and the benefits are amazing!
VZW
Customer Service representative (Former Employee), South Boston, VADecember 18, 2014
this company definitely allows you to make money but you have to sacrifice a lot of your personal time and other things to get it. I feel this company is more suited for single people.
....................
Sales
Typing
Maintaining High CPH
Traing on all new Devices
Enjoyable job with great pay, despite over bearing management
Service Technician (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great pay
Cons: hectic work environment, extreme pressure to meet impossible expectations
a regular work week consists of installing 'FiOS' in homes for new customers, trouble shooting and repairing copper phone and 'FiOS' services including inside wiring as well as outside plant

direct management (first level) was always helpful and supportive

co-workers bonded well with everyone else

best part about the job for me personally was being – more... able to figure out what trouble a customer was having because it made the job fun and interesting everyday

it's a job that always has you learning new things everyday

hardest part of the job for me was running service lines in areas where I had to climb more than 18' – less
great company - innovative
Executive Director (Former Employee), njDecember 18, 2014
Pros: great leadership, technologies
Cons: work life balance
This is a great company. It has a very good work life balance and is very innovative in technology. Very passionate people around customer services and the products offered.

Leadership is based on 'situation leadership' allowing engineers to be empowered
A Geat Power Tech Company that is growing rapidly
Wireless Consultant (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLDecember 18, 2014
Pros: helping people making a diffrence and latest technology
Cons: constant change, non competitive pay, no 401k retirement, no social or family life bec schedule always changing and no seniority
my review is a mediocre one because in the wireless industry your constantly walking on egg shells. There is no relax or down time for your self except your lunch break.

My typical day at Verizon is unpredictable for a usual retail sales job. The day consists of constant customer service needs , consulting and problem solving on top of paying attention – more... to emails and reports all day long.

I learned that you control your situation with the customer and their depending on you and you need to only rely and depend on your self because nobody is going to the job for you. I learned how to get better at communication and writing. I learned how to compete and drive and push myself to meet and exceed sales goals. Last thing I learned is that your attitude affects your customers , co workers and your outcome for that day.

Management is a big turn over. I have had 6 managers in the past now and its been a bad impression on me and the company. My last manager only last 3 mo. I will say that every manager was willing and helpful though.

My co - workers are pretty good for the most part. They all come from different lives and different stories and backgrounds. I really like my current co worker we actually built a business and friend relationship.

The hardest part of my job I think is to constantly be in the face of customers and people all day long and have to be their life saver no matter what. also that the wireless industry is always constantly changing and competing with products and numbers. I not only work everyday but I also fell like I go to school because were constantly training and learning about new technology and products. another thing I can say is that it seems like everyday we have to learn something new or have to meet a new goal or sell something new or compete with something new out there that Verizon doesn't have yet.

the most enjoyable part of my job I guess I can say is I learn about new technology or get to sample everyday. I get to see all the latest and touch before everybody else. I love to see how things are made and work together to become something. I enjoy helping people and making their day but sometimes you can get overwhelmed to. – less
productive
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee), ConvergedDecember 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
typical at work location ,good work environment .good to be a part of the organisation
Reward based Company
Credit Order and Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), Franklin, TNDecember 17, 2014
Pros: bonuses, insurance benefits, job security
Cons: limited advancements
Fast pace environment. The company is very generous in rewards for tenured employees. The longer you work there the better Verizon treats you. However, constant change and the inability of leadership to keep up adds stress to the job. Lots of grey areas in terms of finding out direct answers and problem solving for the customer.
good place for work
Senior Oracle DBA (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GADecember 17, 2014
good place for work.every employee has an opportunity to show their performance.
Great benefits
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Prince Frederick, MDDecember 17, 2014
Throughout my employment at Verizon Wireless, I gained great customer service skills. I was able to grow professionally throughout my employment at Verizon Wireless. I learned how to adapt to a fast paced work environment and learned how to adapt to changing work procedures which only better the company.
productive workplace
Greeter (Former Employee), North Haven, CTDecember 17, 2014
a typical day at verizon is standing for 8 hours greeting customers. at this job some of the co-workers are not very friendly and some of the managment is horrible. the hardest part is standing in one spot all day the enjoyable part was makng customers happy leaving with a smile on there face.
Productive and Easy to advance
Verizon Wireless Customer Service (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARDecember 17, 2014
I love working at Verizon. Good energy and very easy to advance with your career
Verizon
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNDecember 17, 2014
A typical call center. I wanted to take the position for the challenge. I did find that call center work was not for me. The back to back phone calls did not present job satisfaction.
Verizon is a telecommunications company
Order Manager (Former Employee), Richardson, TXDecember 17, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: accountability with no authority
Employees work with a variety of teams to accomplish daily goals. The wire-line side of the business is still not quite on the same level as the wireless side, but that should be changing. Outsourcing is a big part of the Verizon business model.
Very active and professional work place
Customer Representative (Former Employee), White Plains, NYDecember 17, 2014
Pros: many prizes were given out to top sellers
Cons: you can't completely address every customers issue.
A typical day at work would include handling many different customers and addressing a multitude of issues.
I have learned all the steps to addressing the customer needs with respects to offering and selling what the customer wants and needs. The management were helpful in attaining daily and monthly objectives. My co workers assisted also with providing – more... information in a timely fashion. The hardest part of the job is when after exhausting all resources and I can't completely address the customers issues. The most enjoyable part of the day is when the customer is satisfied with the customer service provided. – less
Productive and great place to work.
Wireless Specialist (Current Employee), Tahlequah, OKDecember 17, 2014
It was a great place to work. My boss and coworkers were all amazing. I couldn't have asked for anyone better to work with. I learned how to have great customer service and superb selling skills.We switch shifts each weeks. Each day we clean the store. We make calls everyday and help customers with their needs. The hardest part of the day is just dealing – more... with really angry customers that can't be helped. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the customers walk out with a smile on their face. – less
good Place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Orrville, OHDecember 17, 2014
co- workers were Friendly. Very helpful. Explained customers about the phone plans and data plans. also help pay bills for customers. making sure customers are satisfied with their cell phones
Indirect Verizon company
Mobile Consultant (Current Employee), La Porte, INDecember 16, 2014
Pros: can have a verizon plan
Cons: i have to pay full retail for phone on employee verizon plan, commission structure treated like a big city.
I have made this company more money then I would have liked. They constantly treat our store in LaPorte Indiana like a Chicago land store and expect the same numbers. Just last month (November) I made the company a little over $10,000 and in commision i only received a little over $400. Awesome company, terrible commision structure.
its a good place to work at
Wireless solution specialist (Former Employee), Vienna, VADecember 16, 2014
Pros: you get acknowledge for a great service to loyal customers
Cons: good benefit, tuition reimbursement
its great to be a verizon employee, working with the company was fun. you get recognize for a good job done by management, co-workers are all team players help to resolve guest concern in a timely manner
High energy and very productive
Customer Service (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 16, 2014
Pros: high energy
Cons: high pressure
Great company to work for . Benefits are outstanding. Requires skill in multi tasking and high sales environment. Hardest part of the job was the expected quota for sales. Most enjoyable part was you get to impact company success, meet great customers, and learn a lot.

1 2 3 4 5

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more