Verizon Employee Reviews

Found 14,220 reviews matching the search
Great company
Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 22, 2017
Company has a great culture and excellent benefits. pay is very well however with ever rising quotas and market saturation in products it makes it harder to earn a higher commission check, growing your overall annual salary.
Pros
great pay, great bennifits
Cons
work/life ballance
Was a Great Place in 2007
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 22, 2017
I loved my job with Verizon Business as an IT Project Manager for the first 7 years. The culture started to change as they began to off shore the majority of the IT department. After 10 years I decided it was time for a change. Many aspects of Verizon are great and I would not have changed anything. If you can land a job with them in the wireless or business side you should be taken care of...mostly!
many perks and fun environment
Customer Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 22, 2017
it is a great place to work at, the company is big on creating a work/home life balance for their employees, the pay is really good and it is a fun atmosphere and culture
customer service rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 22, 2017
great place to work. chance to meet a lot of new people from all around the globe. fast paced environment. time passes quickly because you do not get a lot of down time during your shift
Great job advancement
Coordinator of Business Operations (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 22, 2017
Verizon does have a lot of SLA's involved, however, if you are willing to put in the work, they have job advancement opportunities. They consist of every department a person may want to go into and also have an annual bonus.
Nice Company
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXAugust 22, 2017
Started at GTE Mobilnet in 1994, then became GTE Wireless and then merged w/ Bell Atlantic and became Verizon, transferred from wireless to landline division in 2001 due to family illness and worked for landline until taking early retirement package in 2015 due to sell to Frontier Commmunications
Incoming telesales consulting for the wireless verizon product line
Technical Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAAugust 22, 2017
Great pay and benefits however incoming telesales calls are full of fraud and scam artists. Pennsylvania call center was closed on very short notice. No longer there to work at any more!
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
closed center fraud and scam incoming call orders constantly
I hated this job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 22, 2017
Management was very hard to deal with. For the amount of work we had to do the pay was horrible. I did enjoy not having a phone bill. There is not much room for advancement either. Its all about who you know.
non-productive, not a fun place to work
Retail Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYAugust 22, 2017
Although, I enjoyed working, and educating customers figure out new and current tech gadgets, but working for Verizon was kind of a dead end type of job due to the lack of career advancement. Meanwhile, the company has been laying off employees drastically and moving those jobs abroad for cheaper labor.
Pros
constant learning of new technologies
Cons
no job security
Benefits of being a sales associate
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 22, 2017
It is always about making the customer feel as comfortable as possible with you, create a connection with him or her and from there build amazing customer experience for them where they will feel so satisfied with the service they will want to come back any time. I learned as a sales associate that my job is important. It is important to have a positive energy at all times no matter how hectic the job is at the moment. Being positive and being willing to help people no matter how many times they ask the same questions is the key of this job. It will not just get you customers because of how comfortable you make them feel but it will also be an amazing experience for yourself as an associate. Having the right mindset and attitude towards this job is definitely the key to success, or at least it worked for me.
Pros
30 min break
Cons
very difficult location for sales
Customer Care Advocate
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 22, 2017
A typical day at work was 7 and a half hours of phone time with breaks.

I learned how to work with extremely difficult people and maintain a positive attitude.

I never met the manager of the call center.

The culture was trying.

The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with customers and coworkers.
Pros
Benefits and Compensation
Verizon does provide good service to customers.
Communications Operator (Former Employee) –  Berlin, NJAugust 22, 2017
Verizon is a wonderful company to work for. workers are friendly and family like. the hardest part was sitting down all day. I have learned to be patient with customers. Management was nice and coached everyone with the best of there ability. In this department i liked how we could trade work days and hours with our co-workers. I was moved around to different offices and positions without a choice which is difficult when raising a family with young children.
Pros
it was close to home and flexible time off.
Cons
office closings
Innovative, Expanding, New Markets
Project Manger (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 22, 2017
Verizon continually evolves into new market segments. Constant organizational change. Good corporate citizen. Flexible work arrangements. Very hierarchical.
It was competitive but fun
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHAugust 22, 2017
Always seemed to change the pay structure so we would end up making less. Worked a lot of hours with sometimes no actual breaks because we were very busy.
Good pay and great benifits but not an easy place to work.
Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, GAAugust 22, 2017
Fast paced, ever changing, high pressure retail sales. Lots of escalated situations with customers to resolve. Heavy coaching culture. Constantly chasing a number and Verizon tracks every number under the sun so there is always a number to improve. Great people to work with and if you can take the pressure it is a fun, rewarding place to work.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Micromanagement
excellent company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 22, 2017
very busy, very competitive but good to work for. Management was good, company culture was great. The hardest part was keeping up with all that was needed to be done.
Pros
reduced cellular phone service
Sr. Manager, Technical Support/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 22, 2017
Great work/life balance. Verizon does care about their employees and makes every effort to maximize on the personal and professional development of all.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Handling calls throughout the day with customer and technician
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYAugust 22, 2017
work different tours etc,load the technician work for the next day,make calls to customers to confirm their appointment,etc,speak to the technician through out the day closing out their work and look for more work for them to go out on.Love speaking with the technician,My dislike was working different hours ,Didn't like working nights,Love working working the early hours,Was very stressfull ,a lot of pressure coming from management.
Pros
Working days get 1hr lunch and 2 15mins breaks
Cons
Had great medical benefit
Excellent Company
Customer Service Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Weldon Spring, MOAugust 22, 2017
Day to day it was non stop and always working. I would take multiple calls an hour and help customers through out the U.S. I learned to be very fast and efficient in order to make the company and myself the most profitable. The culture was fast past and easy to learn and hone your craft. The business was constantly changing and always provided a challenge. It was sad that Verizon FIOS removed themselves from the industry.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 22, 2017
Worked for the company for many years. I advanced within the company at a decent pace. Different options to work within the company whether sales or customer service.
Pros
Celluar discounts, great benefits
Cons
hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2