Verizon
4,475 reviews

Verizon Employer Reviews

good company
Affiliate Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INApril 21, 2014
Pros: set hours
Cons: not enough pay
Going to homes and businesses to taylor installation to needs of the customer.
Fun Worklpace
Project Management Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: hwealthcare
I enjoyed working there.. soothing working environment.. enjoyed working with very talented colleagues.
Account Executive (Former Employee), Franklin, TNApril 20, 2014
Great benefits and great pay. There isn't anything negative i can say about this company.
Energietic and fulfilling workplace with a lot of great people
Technical Support Coordinator (Current Employee), Cranberry Township, PAApril 18, 2014
Pros: helping customers, friendly environment, enthusiastic workplace
Cons: sitting your whole workday
Verizon Wireless is a great company that has a lot of fantastic attributes to it. It has fantastic teamwork environment where every one strives to help everyone else and the company does everything it can to fit your needs. A typical day would be taking 25 inbound calls a day that typically last around 15-25 minutes which contain a ton of thinking outside – more... of the box skills, and troubleshooting ability. The best part of the job would be the fulfillment in working with customer, and the worst part for me is the sitting 8 hours of day. I've learned so much invaluable information that I can apply to life situations, as well as many different aspects of every kind of job. – less
Fast Paced and Stressful
Sales Representative (Former Employee), South Burlington, VTApril 18, 2014
Pros: competitive compensation
Cons: everything else
Mornings are almost always hectic- in a bad way. People always like to yell first thing in the morning because they have somehow broken or forgotten how to use their smartphone.
I've learned that customer service is great when you don't work for a huge corporation- but when you do, hope that your insurance covers cognitive behavioral therapy and anti – more... anxiety meds for all of your PTSD and insomnia.
Coworkers are great. It's like a family, everyone cares for one another, but it is a competitive sales environment.
The hardest part of the job watching people have nervous breakdowns in public (I'm literally talking about kicking, screaming, and crying about their iPhones and Verizon bills... and it's ALL your fault.)
The most enjoyable part....? – less
Very fun work environment
Sales Agent (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 18, 2014
This is a wonderful place to work. Management is fun and creative. Plenty of incentive. Very upbeat!
The customer was the most important aspect of the job.
Frame Attendant (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJApril 18, 2014
Pros: making sure that the job was done correctly, customer satisfaction.
Cons: lazy employees, filthy work environment.
Arrived at work at 8:00 AM, got my tools out, turned on the computer, read my email, and started printing out my work load.

After printing the work load, rearranged the work load starting with the most important that had to be done first, gradually going down to the least important.

During the time that I was running the work load, the telephone would – more... ring, I would have to answer it, and handle whatever problem that needed to be addressed.

Also, an outside technician would come into the building with a problem, and I would have to stop what I was doing, and help him out with his problem. Sometimes, i would have two or three at a time.

After fours of work, I would have a 1 hour lunch break, and then go back doing the same thing again. Sometimes, I would have to work through my lunch break in case there was an emergency.

Sometimes the boss would either call, email, or text me, requesting me to take care of a problem that was outstanding as soon as possible, and get back to them when such problem was resolved, or informing them what needed to be done in order for said problem needed to be fixed.

There were also times when the fire alarm would go off for some unexplained reason, and I would either have to deal with the police or the fire department, escort them through the building, and find out where the alarm was originating from.

There were other times where I would have to travel to another office to work at due to the shortage of staff in Verizon.

At 5:00 PM, it would be the end of the day, and I would write an email to my boss, explaining to him/her what has ben completed, what has still to be done on the 4:00 PM - 12:00 Midnight shift, or any other problems that had not been addressed during the day, and explain why. – less
Would be a better place to work if I had benefits
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Basking Ridge, NJApril 18, 2014
Pros: getting experience
Cons: no employee benefits
I have No Employee Benefits whatsoever, since I am working through an employment agencey . Would be a better place if I were a Direct Hire
Extremely excellent training and company policies
Coordinator Business and Government (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 18, 2014
Pros: innovative and resourcefull
Cons: voice of customer, monthly assesment, ditraction of customers, style of supervisors, for grading representatives.
This company, requires a vast number of requirements to work for, the detailed and perfection of the job I performed at the end, was extremely sensitive, becaused I dealt with Business and government accounts. Required to deal directly with the point of contact in their telecom department, and providing accurate and up to date information was required. – more... Being monitored off line and on line work, required 100% attention to detailed. Our vast variety of work assignments, allowed us to learned different areas of the telecom industry. I enjoy working for Verizon Wireless very much, it allowed me to grow as a person and as an individual, allowing a career none the less in comparison. If some one asked me, would you work for Verizon Wireless again, I will say yes. – less
Fantastic Opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Pearl City, HIApril 18, 2014
Pros: wonderful employment environment, fantastic benefits and support
Cons: retail hours, holiday work, stress of reaching sales goals
Worked with a host of situations in assisting clients settle accounts, update plans, purchase new equipment, and maintain former clients, while soliciting at all times for perspective new accounts.
it was a nice place to work in really like the ambient
Account Representative (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 18, 2014
it was a nice place to work in really like the ambientit was a nice place to work in really like the ambientit was a nice place to work in really like the ambientit was a nice place to work in really like the ambientit was a nice place to work in really like the ambientit was a nice place to work in really like the ambientit was a nice place to work – more... in really like the ambient – less
Good Place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLApril 17, 2014
Verizon Wireless is a good place to work. Good pay and benefits. Hours could be long but that's retail.
Productive Day!
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAApril 17, 2014
I currently demonstrate a sense of urgency in a busy call center environment. I possess the exceptional ability to build productive relationships, resolve complex issues and win customers loyalty. While participating in CRT I demonstrate outstanding problem solving and active listening skills. I am able to diffuse difficult customer situations with – more... tact and use of soft skills. My multi-tasking ability, critical thinking and prioritizing skills are consistently being honed by balancing policy, making win-win business decisions, and satisfying my customers. I am always coming up with ways to implement new ideas to make doing business with Verizon Wireless easy and simple. I meet or exceed the company‚Äôs expectations in average calls per day, upgrades and quality scores. I maintained a leading performance last year and presently year to date. I also have adapted to working between multiple computer programs ie; ACSS, doorway info manager, Microsoft Office and troubleshooting guides. My successes with the VZW thus far have led me to become a Peer Facilitator assisting in the training of new hire trainees – less
Productive place of work.
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHApril 17, 2014
Atomosphere wasn,t the greatest, but there are great people to work with.
Material Systems Technician (Current Employee), Newark, NJApril 17, 2014
Coordinate and manage installations performed by Verizon and vendors. Responsible for site surveys, MOP meetings, and end-of-job walk-through; also, audit quality / progress of installations within Central Offices throughout New Jersey to ensure the installation and engineering standards were met. Help with the resolution of Installation Related Service – more... Events and installation / removal issues between vendors and other Verizon departments.
KEY ACCOMPLISHMENT: 100% of installations' final audits passed while in this position. – less
independent distributor
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDApril 17, 2014
Great place to get your own business started. You purchase the route as an independent distributor. You have control over how you expand your business and maintain your current relationships with current customers. Make sure you have a good amount of money set aside because all maintenance, uniform, gas, and any other business expense will be on you – more... because you are the owner – less
Horrible
Retail Representative (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZApril 16, 2014
I did not agree with the immature sales people that were hired and the very un professional managment style.
Good Job/ Great Company
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee), Waynesville NCApril 16, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: hours, promotional opportunities
The Job itself was great. Verizon is a great company to work for the hours are what kills it. The shifts just weren't for me. Hard to have a family life and work retail shifts. Biggest downfall if you want to move up and are a good sales rep you have to take a pay cut to become an assistant manager in order to keep moving up
call center
Technical Support Coordinator/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Charleston, SCApril 16, 2014
Pros: pay checks
Cons: stressful
Call center, fast paced, constantly changing. The pay and benefits are the best thing about that place.
Great company to understand the difference between the types of market segments.
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), San Juan, PRApril 16, 2014
As part of the Management team for the telephone directories division I had the opportunity to acquire the skill set to manage intangible products market.

1 2 3 4 5

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more