Verizon Employee Reviews

Found 11,944 reviews matching the search
fast paced environment, kept you in your toes; productive and fun
Human Resources Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAFebruary 25, 2017
Great place to work. I was exposed to numerous situations where I was able to learn and put in practice all my knowledge and skills.
I was able to grow in my professional career and full fill many of my goals. The organization has a great workplace culture that helps employees achieve his/her potential. I truly enjoyed my years there.
Solid job with great benefits
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 24, 2017
Working for Verizon affords a solid job with great benefits and pay. The culture is very dependent on the store and district that you work in, but can be very fun and very trying all in the same. One thing is for sure in Verizon retail: you work for your money.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Schedule, very few holidays
Good Job, but Stressful
Solutions Specialist, Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 24, 2017
It's a high stress environment but compensates well for a good work ethic. The company has great benefits and will hone your sales skills and make you a valuable employee both for Verizon and any future endeavors.
Pros
Good compensation, great benefits.
Cons
Retail hours, high stress
Great benefits
Customer Service / Customer Relations Team (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 24, 2017
Good pay and benefits but the atmosphere is lacking. Good place to work but I got burned out. It's a good place to work for for a few years and build experience
Pros
Pay, benifits
Cons
Work environment
It was good but that was when land-lines were still popular.
Verizon Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIFebruary 24, 2017
Company made me take all kinds of tests and interviews and all along management and employees knew that store may not make it through the year. Disappointing! Store closed as they moved into wireless. Big companies don't really care about little people! Just the bottom line!
Pros
Holidays paid and store closed.
Cons
Too long to wait for benefits, Laid everyone off after Christmas but before the new year started! Happy New Year!!!😭
Verizon
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNFebruary 24, 2017
Another company that put dollars above customer service. This position ended because I was not retrieving as much money as they required in a collections position
Fast past work environment
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhFebruary 24, 2017
Multitask while researching company information while delivering excellent customer service to customers. The hardest part of the job is deescalating irate customers over the phone.
Pros
Amazing health benefits, yearly bonuses, and work cuture
Cons
short breaks and vacation.
Lab
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLFebruary 24, 2017
Verizon Lab experience exposed me to multiple applications of telecommunication while maintaining the ability to multi task on a large scale..........
Technologically advanced culture
Project Manager- Risk and Asset Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2017
Great culture, technologically advanced and supportive. Regular hours, cutting edge, excellent benefits. Location dependent.
Dynamic Environment
Sales Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHFebruary 24, 2017
Great company. Did a great job of promoting the products. Analyzing the sales numbers, provide variance analysis of forecast vs actuals sales Provide written communication. Tracking daily sales to ensure to ensure targets were reached, and provide resolution to missed targets.
Productive and challenging workplace.
Customer Service Pro (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTFebruary 23, 2017
At Verizon, I worked in a busy call center environment. I learned a great deal in my 16 years with the company, including considerably sharpening my customer service skills. I took great satisfaction in establishing great customer relations and exceeding performance quotas.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 23, 2017
There is a corporate climate and culture. Employees are numbers here, but with the size of the company, that is almost expected. Even with the large workforce the benefits and work environment are exceptional.
very good company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJFebruary 23, 2017
Learned a lot during my time here. well educated staff and people. very good office environment. It's overall busy day but enjoyed while working here.
Everything was great except the District manager.
Verizon Wireless Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Neosho, MOFebruary 23, 2017
The district manager at the time was terrible. The only reason i quit. She would make you feel like Everything was your fault and you needed to just give up and would do it every time she came to the store. Other than that evil person it was a very nice place to work.
Good benifits
Call Center Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 23, 2017
Friendly, customer based work. Everyone got along, and we encouraged each other to meet bother personal and customer based goals. Incentive programs were good.
Pros
Holiday, sick and vaction paid time. Union job
Cons
Job security with the changing enviorment of automated calls.
This company is constantly reinventing itself and displacing US positions
CPE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 23, 2017
The day to day work of ordering CPE for businesses was acceptable as far as work conditions. Too many systems were involved in making it a smooth operation. Lack of understanding from upper management as to how certain departments worked together led to poor decisions regarding company structure.
Pros
Pay and benefits, my direct team was great to work with.
Cons
The company not understanding enough about CPE ordering, employees were displaced by others not familiar with the process
Having good people to work with
Account Payable (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 23, 2017
work thought issue to help as many customer as we can. loved working with management love working with the great co workers and loved the hours worked.
Verizon Account Representative
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJFebruary 23, 2017
• Building great interpersonal skills and relationships with current or win back Verizon clients and informing them with the updates that will improve the quality of their TV, internet and home phone services as well as reducing their bills.
• Leading newer representatives and teaching them how to use various interpersonal techniques with the clients
Great Sales Experience
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCFebruary 23, 2017
Great place to learn sales experience. Work/life balance is not so great due to the job being retail sales. Compensation is competitive due to commission structure.
Great culture, amazing work and life balance. Very nice benefits
Global Enterprise Advisor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 23, 2017
Learned a lot of leadership, account management, data analysis, and government contract procurement skills. Sharpened my customer service skills in areas of negotiations & closing, being proactive in leading/providing clients with opportunities and cost savings that will grow their businesses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2