Verizon
6,089 reviews

Verizon Employer Reviews

Very busy with customer calls
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee), Franklin, TNJanuary 28, 2015
Cons: being timed for personal breaks
My overall day of work varies on the amount of calls that we have. It can be from customers calling about bill questions to customer wanting to due upgrades. I work great with all my co-workers that I see everyday. The hardest part in being patient with the customers calling in and the stress of the job. The parts I really enjoy are when customer want to upgrade several lines or have billing questions.
Productive Work Day
Business Government Customer Operations (Current Employee), Hanover, MDJanuary 28, 2015
I address concerns of business and government employee accounts. I assist with troubleshooting, account safeguarding, price plan analysis, excel proposals, and clientele recruitment.
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies. Powerful Networks . I pleasure to be part of the Verizon in the past several years
Specialist Network Engineering and Operations (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJanuary 28, 2015
managing network configurations and testing in long distance translations engineering of the Domestics Verizon switch, transport platform, with customer first attitude. Building skill in technical, testing, team player and customer service.
Company in transition.
Resource Supervisor Western Pennsylvania (Current Employee), 3151 Pioneer Avenue, Dormont, PA 15226January 28, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: no life outside of verizon.
Long hours attempting to keep the ship aloft. There seems to be no long term plan, just putting out fires day to day.
Challenging Job with great benefits
Senior Representative and Customer Advocate (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: little to no down time
Cons: short 15 minute breaks
A typical day at work would be getting on the phones five minutes after you clocked in. Taking calls back to back until your next break. Coworkers are around you for any questions you have as well as the supervisor for your team. The hardest part of the job would be sitting for the 8 hours and taking the calls back to back. Some times being on the phone with the same person for over an hour then when the call was done taking another one right away. The most enjoyable part of the job would be that it is always something different. I learned on this job efficient multitasking to make sure that the call is turning out well. The management for this job is very supportive.
Mainframe Computer Operations does not exist anymore.
TechnicalSupportRepresentativeCustomerServiceAssoc (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: graveyard shift, was able to take powernaps during shift
Cons: some (not all) of my coworkers were not easy to deal with.
This job was ideal, but it only lasted 12.5 years, I wish it could have lasted 25-50 years, but due to outsourcing, automation, and virtualization, it did not.
Fast past with no shortage of creativity needed
Cslt-System Engineer Level IV (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Working at Verizon is not just another job. Job dynamics are unique and interesting giving you flexibility to be creative but also needing to follow guidelines set forth my management.
Technical Support Coordinator (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTJanuary 27, 2015
I stuck around for almost 9 years. It's a great place to work, I was just looking for something different.
Fun, exciting, and challenging job job.
Outside Plant Technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: this particular union is not strong
Union job and Benefits and pay are good. Hired as a Full-time temp employee but did not get offered a permanent position because union did not want to extend our contract with Verizon.
Miss working at that place!
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Beltsville, MDJanuary 27, 2015
Nice job environment, learnt a lot from the colleagues as well as from the work culture, a place for hard working people.
busy fast pace emviroment
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: really high quotas
good place to work
almost no work life balance
good coworkers
manager change very often
hardest part of the job dealing with angry customers
same company
Service Center Clerk/Manger (Former Employee), Newark, NJJanuary 27, 2015
I worked for this company for over 30 years, held various positions and there never was a typical day. I learned to expect the unexpected. The manager I worked for and with were fine people on and off the job. My co-workers some lifetime friends. The hardest part of one of my position was the out of hour tours, The enjoyable
part, I retired, lot of knowledge lifetime benefits and memories
Awesome team environment with tools to succeed.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunches, great team/family feel
Cons: short lunches
Verizon was a high energy and sales position. It required excellent attentions skills to assist customers with Verizon services. Management was there to help us excel within our positions.The hardest part of the job was learning to stand all day. Sales commissions made this job a very high paying job.
Forever Changing
Technical Expert (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 26, 2015
A typical day is back to back phone calls. Some management is great--others are very two faced and it's hard to know who to trust. The co-workers are great. The hardest part of the job is passing surveys, you can't make everyone happy and when you get a bad survey that manipulates your performance and ultimately your pay and your career development.
Bait and Switch
Business Account Executive (Current Employee), West Allis, WIJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: escalating quota, changes every month no matter what the market
I was recruited to do a specific task, work a M2M project it turns out I'd be selling phones. Hiring manager totally misrepresented the position and job.
Great enviroment and co-workers. Looked forward to going to work everyday.
Customer Sales Associate/Call Center (Former Employee), Oxnard, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: great incentives.
answered multi-phone lines. Helped customers start, move and disconnect home phone service Tooke care of customers complaints and billing inquiries. Sent technicians out for for repairs at residence and businesses.
customer service all day long
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNJanuary 26, 2015
Duties included taking calls and assisting customers with transactions that were done via a computer. Ability to multitask with answering customer questions, typing information onto screen, and researching info as customer needed. During my time at the company I was also given the privilege of training some of the newly hired representatives, and was a member of a team used to make new ways to provide skills for our call centers representatives (called Breakthrough Team)
Focus
Sales Agent - Customer service agent (Former Employee), Roy, UTJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: fun work place.
Cons: low pay.
It was for Focus Services. Not for Verizon. Customer service agent for inbound calls for Century Link, Verizon, and Direct TV. Helped customers with new accounts, bill inquiries, reviewed claims adjustments in addition to product upgrades. Very fast paced environment with extremely in depth knowledge of products, services and programs for Verizon, Century Link and Direct TV.
Retail Customer Service and Sales Associate
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits package
Cons: must be able to work in a fast-paced and noisy environment and able to multi-task, handling sales and service issues simultaneously at times.
I would recommend this type of sales position to anyone already familiar with wireless communications devices, regardless of age. A typical day for the Retail Customer Service and Sales Associate would include prospecting and growing small to mid-market business accounts and building a "sales pipeline" through cold-calling, and working side-by-side in-store with prospective customers to determine wireless product and service needs that will best suit their needs. The most difficult part of this position was resolving escalated issues, such as billing, and equipment repair and replacement. This position would NOT be a good fit for the individual who is not comfortable with working with the public in a retail sales environment.
OVERALL A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
Engineer (Former Employee), TEANECK, NJJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: healthcare
Cons: job security
WONDERFUL PLACE TO WORK WITH ENJOYABLE COWORKERS. OVERALL A GREAT PLACE TO WORK

1 2 3 4 5

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more