Verizon

Verizon Employee Reviews

Found 8,202 reviews matching the search
Fast paced sales enviornment
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  ArkansasFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day would include teaching people how to utilize any given device and giving recommendations based on their needs.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
No work life balance
A very rewarding place to work
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA, Milton, MA, Braintree, MAFebruary 10, 2016
I was very fortunate to support a number of wonderful Directors and their Management Staffs along with our Technicians out in the Field. It was a very rewarding place to work with great benefits.
Pros
The people and the benefits
Cons
Non
Fun place to work and grow
Customer Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 10, 2016
Working for them was a great experience and I was able to pick up on a lot of training that they invest in their employees. I was able to move to different departments, and overall enjoyed everyone I worked with.
Awesome company to work for with great benefits
Solution Specialist/HR (Current Employee) –  Junction City, KSFebruary 10, 2016
I've learned a lot about customer experience. Importance about earning the right. A typical day is friendly customers and rude customers.
Great Pay and Great Benefits
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 10, 2016
A recognizable brand, for sure! The pay was great and the medical benefits superb. Work/life balance depends on your management. Mine was fantastic and understood the challenges of being a working parent. The company seems to be headed towards less flexibility but it is a huge company and I'm certain it depends on your management.

Several organizations are going through "transformation" and it's creating a bit of chaos. Experience and expertise is being replaced by the handfuls.
Pros
BENEFITS, BONUSES
Cons
Transformation CHAOS
Difficult working environment
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WI 53704February 10, 2016
I don't understand why I have to do this!
I don't feel like it is an employees position to rate the company
I wasn't at Verizon long enough to make an educated decision along with the fact that I was at an entry level and didn't see much outside of the company other than the store I was located in.
Productive work environment
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 10, 2016
Access Excel spreadsheet tracker, Quickbase, Siterra, Network Flow and Outlook email. Research changes in tracker and software programs and enter newly acquired data into Quickbase. Interact with co-workers as to what data needs to be added into Quickbase. I am a contract worker with the title of data entry clerk working at Verizon through Rangam Consultants. I perform my duties with little to no supervision from management.
Pros
Great team building events and free lunches once a month
Cons
Contract worker with no benefits
Greatest Place to Work
South Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 10, 2016
Worked for Verizon Wireless for over 20 years and they have the greatest people working for them. They have wonderful benefits and great hardworking co-workers. The place was always busy and plenty of things to learn about. The Communications industry as a whole is awesome. So if you are a hard worker and love to talk to people this is the job for you. The hardest part would be the hours away from family that are usually offered for new employees. However they do allow you to move up based on performance and hard work. Loved working for them.
great company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 10, 2016
can advance easy in center. retail is another story more of who you know and who you kiss up too. money and life balance is great.
Pros
money
Cons
store
Your opinions actually matter
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29204February 10, 2016
Absolute best on the job training I've ever seen. They're in a constantly changing industry, so product knowledge is key, so they do more than train when you come in the door, they will actually pull you out of production for scheduled ongoing trainings that make you better and more knowledgeable, realizing that you, as customer service, represent them, so and they want you, and their company to not only come off as friendly, but also competent.
Pros
onsite fitness center/ tuition reimbursement
Cons
the site is so big that they inevitably must hire some who detract from their desired culture

Want to know more about Verizon?

Ask a question
Language Assistance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAFebruary 9, 2016
Exciting the best in latest Technology. Friendly place . Good Coworkers. Have good supervisors. Missed them all. Excellent environment to work at. Learned Voice and Data and Video Technology. The latest info and education regarding Video, internet and Voice Systems.
Pros
There was alway Potluck lucnhes.
Cons
Great company but less stable now that wireless industry is saturated.
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 9, 2016
Verizon is a great company but the saturation in the wireless market is taking it's toll on the company. A major reorganization of staff functions occurred at the end of 2015 and based on public comments from the CFO, more cuts seem to be coming. Career advancement options have been pretty good if you are willing to relocate.
fun work place
Premium Retailer- Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Leland, NCFebruary 9, 2016
I help customers with questions about their devices, billing questions, and show customers how to fully connect their devices together! I have learned a lot from working on the side of corporate and indirect, that teaches me how to help customers with variety questions.
Pros
location
Cons
slow traffic
Helpdesk Tech
Help Desk Tier I (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 9, 2016
Assisting users globally with a wide range of equipment/software/mainframe issues.

Answering calls, inputting ticketing system to track issues and resolutions
Exciting
Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIFebruary 8, 2016
Fun and challenging place to work. New and innovative products to enhance every day life. Great co workers and a supportive environment.
Learning experience
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALFebruary 8, 2016
Questionable management practices and nearly impossible goals measured by a flawed system. I scored 88% against a goal of 93% measured solely by after-encounter assessment from customers who only contacted us with a problem. Expected to deal with 10 customers per hour.
Verizon Corporate great - Telematics division poort
Project Manager and IT Global Reporting Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2016
Verizon Telematics is a small division..Recent leadership is not well versed on the product or strategy. New senior leadership was hired in (IT organization) and all are of Indian decent. Massive layoffs in the same department and the majority of people left are of Indian decent.
Leadership is not strategic at all. No direction, no communication. Major issues in development. Severe customer impacting outages of software. Poor rollout of major consumer branded product "HUM" which has not met expectations.
Productive Socialism
Sales/Credit Verification (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLFebruary 8, 2016
On the phone with consumers assisting them in regards to applying for services with Verizon or initially paying debt or their bill to Verizon.
Pros
courteous discounts on local vendors
Cons
short breaks
Great face pace company
Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLFebruary 8, 2016
Wireless industry is always changing and Verizon is always a head of the game. It is a great company to work as long as you have the right management team.
great job to meet new customers daily
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 8, 2016
typical day at work consists of talking, building a relationship with your customer. i learn something new every day about different people. most enjoyable part of the day is probably satisfying the customer with there needs.