Verizon Employee Reviews

Found 11,089 reviews matching the search
Dynamic company with many career benefits for the "right" employee.
Performance Assurance Specialist, FTTP (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 26, 2016
Everyday at Verizon the job is a puzzle to figure out how best to serve the customer. Employees who are wholly committed to customer service in every aspect of their work life will persevere and do well. Verizon expects employees to be knowledgeable of and work towards marketing all of its products, all of the time. Sales are a huge part of the Verizon effort and all employees are expected to participate.
Pros
Dynamic, growing, changing organization with opportunities for an employee to make a career.
Cons
Maryland locations are not as prevalent as they used to be for Union labor.
The best company ever to work for.
Credit Analyst/Sr. Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYOctober 31, 2016
I was so happy and pleased to work for such a prominent company as Verizon Wireless. The staff and co-workers were the best people I had ever met. I didn't mind going to work everyday because we had a pleasant, cohesive work environment. Everyone helped one another, which is the way it should be anyway. Their benefits were so right on time for employees-health benefits, tuition and promotions just to name a few good attributes. You just couldn't ask for a better work place.
Pros
Great Benefits and a stable company.
Cons
Pay was good but not as good as our mother company Verizon.
Verizon Business
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, CONovember 17, 2016
Verizon business in Highlands Ranch Colorado is not a fun place to work. like going to work in a prison, the management all had delusions of granduer and were not very helpful. They don't tell you this but, this segment used to be the Failed company MCI, your sitting around all day on the phone trying to sell IT. The job would not be bad but management only cares for themselves and had inner circles that they would funnel leads to, their old colleagues from other firms. It was actually comical how they acted and the culture was very low class and NOT conducive to career development and growth
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Fun, fast paced environment to work in .
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 29, 2016
A typical day at work is fast paced , I've learned patience , and how to better people skills. My co workers are awesome , and we work as a team and help each other out . Not all management were always on the same page and it became some what unorganized at times . The hardest part was learning how to deal with escalated customers . The most enjoyable art were the people here and incentives to show appreciation for the employees.
Challenging environment for both individual and team success
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 1, 2016
While working at Verizon, I used and learned multiple different sales techniques and each day was different. It was a very challenging work environment, due to the wide range of customer and accounts that I touched each day. As a solutions specialist, I was to analyze each account for possible savings and up-sells. Verizon prides themselves on customer satisfaction and we were to make each customer feel comfortable and valued, while making sure to meet all their needs. I enjoyed helping customers and pushing myself to meet the monthly requirements.
Excellent Company
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 29, 2016
While working at Verizon Wireless, I was continually impressed with the continual training and options for career growth. I had no problem moving in whichever direction I wanted my career to go, especially due to the willingness of managers to assist and guide. It was also easy to work for an industry leading company in the wireless telecommunications field as the products and services are best in class.
Pros
The benefits are the best I've ever received at a job.
Cons
People who don't realize how good they are taken care of at Verizon.
Avoid Robbinsville NJ Call Center
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Robbinsville, NJDecember 2, 2016
To be plain and to the point . The turnover rate at this location is extremely Hugh. 1st clue- when you're outfought in for a panel interview , you are interviewed by the director of this call center. , 2nd clue Warch the facial clues and expression of the people that work on the call center floor. ( Morale is awful) The Director is smug and insulting (deliberate ). Especially when you have more call center experience then he. Not worth the money offered.
Pros
Discounted Cable
Cons
Director, poor morale as a result of Mr. Draper.
Great benefits and pay. Management greatly determines your work life.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 12, 2016
Hourly and commission. Great benefits. Hours are your typical retail hours. Very numbers driven. Your managers make or break your job experience. Sales reps have too many responsibilities. You are also tech troubleshooting, customer service, we even have to handle inventory now. It can be very overwhelming and quota can be difficult to achieve with more unrelated responsibilities are stacking on.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Lots of job cuts, no work life balance, sales overloaded with responsibilities
I was a Customer Service Representative in a call center.
Utah - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 8, 2016
I answered customer calls regarding billing& account information, as well as cell plans and cell phone offerings.
I learned Verizons' proprietary computer program, and also how to deal respectfully with customers.
My co-workers were always willing to lend a hand or make suggestions about how the call could have gone better.
The hardest part of my job was explaining why some customers cell reception was poor in mountainous areas.
The best part of the job was talking to people from all over the states.
Pros
Good pay and a cubicle with a veiw.
Cons
Irate customers.
Great company to work for
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 28, 2016
Basically I talk to people all day about technology. As with any retail job you see all walks of life, some more difficult than others and some have no idea how to work their phone at all. Coworkers are great and fun to talk to between customers, management is very lax as long as sales goals are being hit. Pay is great for retail and it's allowed me to better my financial situation immensely.
Pros
Amazing benefits, lots of contests to win products, lots of energy
Cons
Most expensive in industry, lots of customers leaving.
Great Growth Opportunity
Customer Application Support Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 5, 2016
Challenging workplace with a steep learning curve, but a very exhilarating job. Management was outstanding and co-workers on my team were second to none- with highest integrity. Hardest part of the job was leaving it at work and the most enjoyable part of the job was enjoying my co-workers and my customers. The relationships built with the customers over the years and helping them was the thrill I looked forward to each year.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Training Opportunities
Cons
Large workplace and harder to have individual treatment
Great opportunity and compensation
Tech Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 25, 2016
My current position is being moved to another location but the option to transfer is there with 10K in compensation to make the transition. You won't find compensation like this available at any other call center position. Job security is great and the management will work with you. unlike other call center jobs their centers are not revolving doors.
Pros
free popcorn, coffee, shift diff, plenty of time off, paid holidays, great incentives.
Cons
dealing with the public is not fun
Great Company to work for
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 16, 2016
This company treated us very well, including generous compensation and amazing benefits. This is a company where the "open-door" policy is actually carried out and almost any person you meet is actually going to live out the company's credo. Every supervisor/manager I ever talked to listen to me, treated me with respect and dignity, and was truly invested in my success and happiness as a person. I am only leaving because my center is closing, but even with that they have given us 5 month notice, help with our resumes, job placement programs, and a guaranteed job with the company if we are willing to locate and a generous severance package.
Productive and fun environment, large, clean and great food cafeteria, beautiful grounds.
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 16, 2016
Lots of training and ongoing help through supervisor meetings, sales incentives, bonuses, opportunities for advancement. Very professional and supportive environment. Very clean. I enjoyed being able to help customers through professional and courteous interaction and listening skills. My work at Verizon was very enjoyable. Fun meetings. Great team to work with. Great benefits and cell phone discounts for employees.
Pros
Very professional, offering growth and great opportunities. Loved interacting with customers.
Cons
Timed and evaluated in every call for quality control.
Fast paced and very friendly environment
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 18, 2016
Typical day at work was taking calls most of the day. I learned that it can be very stressful in a call center. I also learned how to talk to people and react to certain situations. Learned deescalation techniques. Management wanted you to be successful. Co-workers were interesting to say the least. The hardest part of the job was dealing with intolerant customers with no common sense and making them happy. The most enjoyable part was the pay checks.
Pros
Great career opportunities
Cons
Stressful
This was a fun place to work with a lot of different options to out today I'm getting your
Financial Services Coordinator/Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 23, 2016
I really enjoy it this particular company unfortunately at the time I have been there over a year and was still a contract worker and needed stability as an individual and that's the only reason why I chose to leave that company to be hired in as a full employee elsewhere.
Pros
Full of learning goals for inside and outside the company
Cons
Took way too long to hiring temp to perm
Too Many Daily Changes
FIOS Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 24, 2016
I remained neutral with all the constant daily changes and the nit picking from upper management. At first things would really get to me and I would take everything literally and personally and then I just became numb to it all. Reported to work like a robot, did my job as best I could, Collected a paycheck at the end of the pay period, paid bills and the cycle repeated for a year.
Pros
Small Bonuses, opportunity to advance if approved by mgmt, steady paycheck.
Cons
Lacks organizational structure, price fluctuations on customer bills, convoluted website, not user friendly.
Industry Leader
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2016
Cross check projects due for scheduling and completion.

I've learned how to react/engage obstacles and redirect resources for timely completions.

Management has been supportive and responsive to outreach on all levels.

Co-workers are well trained and are proactive on all phases of activity.

The challenge is to meet production objectives in a "real-time" landscape of contingencies.

Delivering for our customers.
Pros
VPN access and Flexible work window.
Cons
New York market is known for it's High Volume and High Demand
Great Atmosphere, but if you don't "get it" fast you'll be dropped off management's radar pretty quickly
Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 28, 2016
I really enjoyed the concept of this job, taking phone calls and having conversations with people to resolve their issues but they place their entire value of their employees on randomly generated surveys that for some reason seem to favor the few bad calls you'll get per day. Once you get a few negative surveys and your approval rating drops below 90% the management expects you to recover quickly or you may as well have a countdown on your head till termination
Pros
Really friendly people, especially in the cafeteria and front desk
Cons
Very very very low tolerance for mistakes
Great opportunity working as a Live Video Operator
Freelance Live Broadcast Videographer (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAOctober 28, 2016
The actual job was very interesting and I was able to learn a lot from by experience.
My supervisor was very encouraged with my professionalism and ability to grasp the techniques needed to perform my job well.
Pros
Provided meals if you had to perform double shifts due to hazardous weather conditions
Cons
No full time work, no benefits, one cannot exist in todays world without the opportunity to secure full time employement.