Verizon Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,529 reviews matching the search
There are changes that probably need to be made.
Expert Global Systems (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 16, 2016
This job gave me an opportunity to work with individuals that I otherwise might not have chosen to work with. That being said, I do not regret my experiences with this company. I needed to communicate with people in the office and on the phone that on my own, I probably wouldn't have dealt with or crossed their path. This is a very good thing. We need to view all of our experiences and lessons that we must go through.
Pros
The ability to talk to people
Cons
not being able to take a needed break
They steal. They have "arrangements" with eachother
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 15, 2016
I worked at this very location and caught my fellow employees bribing each other for sales metrics at the expense of those employees not involved. They also add features to your plan as it counts toward commission without the customers consent because of the obscure billing practices. I blew the whistle and was retaliated against to no avail of mine. They crushed me like a bug.
Pros
salary is nice
Cons
built on the hopes and dreams of the poor
Positive learning experience for the future
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Weldon Springs, MOJuly 15, 2016
Verizon has been a great environment for me socially. I have learned so much about different systems and networks. I've learned to adapt to different situations of co-workers and customers in a professional and acceptable manner. The most enjoyable part was just learning new resolutions to issues and being able to fix a customer or property's issue; turning the issue from negative to positive. The positive outcome is always enjoyable when it starts out stressful.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
No paid vacation, time off or sick days
Customer Service Experience
Customer Service Representative/Trainer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2016
Inbound & Outbound phone calls from customers and assessed needs to assist customer with billing
Adhering to quality and adherence goals
Handled escalated customer issues by assessing customer needs, reviewing customer requests, and utilizing company policy and procedures to resolve customer requests.
Trained associates on outbound phone calls to customers for collection accounts
Pros
Benefits/Incentives
Cons
Extensive calls
Excellent training program and benefits package
Customer Service & Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sand City, CAJuly 7, 2016
I had fun learning about the latest mobile devices and gadgets. It was a fast paced environment and very demanding job. The constant "push" to meet quotas on a daily basis made the job very stressful. With management "breathing on your neck" all day long, it made the shift tedious and miserable.
Pros
Superb training program and incentive package
Cons
Favoritism, constant pressure, and no flexibility for days off
Overall a secure job with great benefits
Customer Service Representative/Fios Sales (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJuly 7, 2016
I worked for Verizon for 15 years, first doing collections which involved helping customers with payment arrangments to prevent disconnection of serrvices..for the last 5 years of my employment I sold Fios phone, internet and tv to customers setting up installations and moving services etc. Although Verizon was a well paying job with wonderful benefits it was a very stressful busy environment at times with long hours .
Pros
great salary and benefits, perks for sales like free trips, extra bonuses etc
Cons
long hours, forced overtime, tied to a headset for hours
Great benefits and decent place to work
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  NHJuly 6, 2016
Verizon and the industry itself has changed dramatically in the last year. Verizon has changed it's pay structure and raised its sales goals which equates to more work and less pay. Still great benefits but now employees are micromanaged and there is a great deal more pressure to meet constantly rising sales goals despite receiving less compensation.
Pros
Great people to work with, great benefits
Cons
Micro-management, declining compensation, constant sales pressure
Good People , overall interedting and fun place to work
MTS I Tech Support -Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYJuly 6, 2016
Problem solving professional with experience in corporate and small business environment., working with large and small groups. Handling of all forms of technical issues. Working with the necessary groups to get those issues escalated and resolved. Working for the company 18 year and with IT department 9 years.
Enjoy learning new applications and the newest changes in the IT environment.
Pros
Good work environment. benefits . Good work Culture
Cons
24x7 Helpdesk changing shift hours possible every 12 months
Verizon was a great place to work.
411 Operator (Former Employee) –  Rochelle Park, NJJuly 23, 2016
I enjoyed working at Verizon. Everything was done by the book, which I liked. I miss working there. I learned how to find phone numbers quickly. The management had nice people. My coworkers were nice also. The hardest part of the job was getting up real early sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job was figuring out how to spell names and places.
Pros
Cake there all thie time in the lunchroom.
Cons
Couldn't take too many breaks.
Company is working hard to make it a better, more collaborative place to work
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Basking Ridge, NJJuly 7, 2016
Some teams are very cohesive and produce great work. Excellence is only as good as the manager/director encourages. You often think how does this person survive/get promoted when they are so lazy. Company is trying to change its image and be more relevant and appreciative of their people.
Pros
Great people - great facilities at Basking Ridge; good salary
Cons
Job Security does not really exist.
Use to be a fun place to work until new management came and it became strict
Customer Service Pro (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 15, 2016
The management is very strict, everything is to the book, you have to meet you performance agreement or you will get wrote up, you get very contradicting information when you need help or clarity, dress-code and rule have gotten strict as well. There isn't any room for growth like they tell you in orientation and the managers are very strict.
Pros
Benifits
Verizon Wireless
Sales Representative/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  UPNYJuly 18, 2016
Verizon Wireless, among the four main wireless carriers , only Verizon's 4G Network is 100% 4GLTE the gold standard of wireless technology. Available in over 500 Cities, Verizon 4G LTE covers 98% of Americans. Not only do customers experience the speed and power in more places, but they also experience the best customer experience in wireless.
Pros
Providing the best customer experience in wireless
Cons
Interesting job with alot of challenging task and the self esteem in completing the task
APR CONSULTANT FOR VERIZON (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLJuly 1, 2016
Handling about 20 project during the day. Always being up front with what is going on with the projects. Work with management and co-worker to bring the team together to get the task completed on time . The hardest part is there seem to be never enough time to get the job done. The most enjoyable part is pre fielding the job an seeing the issue before they become a problem so you can get the job done before the due date.
Flexibilty and independence create a self reliant experience
Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2016
A typical day would be helping customers and business clients with wireless device solutions for the home and office spaces. This industry has helped to stay atop of the advancements in wireless technology in the cellular industry. Each coworker shares the same ambition to achieve in selling and creating a positive experience for the customer.The most difficult part of the job is the challenge of overcoming objectives, while the easiest part would be listening, understanding and the having satisfaction in knowing that you educated someone in a way to improve their quality of life
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No vacation or sick time.
Wonderful and exciting place to work
Visual Consultant / Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 30, 2016
Working at Verizon Wireless was very changeling but yet very fun to do as well.
I typical day was a day full of new and changing things to do and learn. No day was left feeling unaccomplished.
I have managed over 30 people in the Verizon Wireless call center and more that 20 people in the stores. I have held several positions within the time I have been with Verizon Wireless and developed a large amount of skills.
I enjoyed the Visual Consultant position most of all, it allowed me to work with many different vendors and build my skills in merchandising.
Pros
Great Beneifts
Cons
Downsizing of many positions
It was a nice place to work. Had a lot of incentives like bonuses
Customer Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 30, 2016
First Source/Verizon was a nice place to work. Provided a chance for advancement and a lot of work incentives. Provided an excellent training program. A typical day at work was assisting customers with bill payment and troubleshooting devices and correcting bill errors, also assisted the customer with choosing the best phone plans to fit their needs.
Pros
Incentive bonuses, paid time off, chance for advancement
Cons
Don't have any
Results and goal driven projects
Eng Spec Network Ops (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 29, 2016
The projects were very detailed oriented and due date driven. My team mates shared information and were there to assist if necessary. I learned how to navigate in numerouse internal company applications to generate research and reports.The hardest part of the job was dealing with possible live circuits that could not be disconnected in error.The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with external customers and completing projects.
Pros
Able to work at home the past several years
Cons
Long commute in beginning of employment
Productive, Continuous Change for Improvement, Fun workplace
Engineering II - Interconnect (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 31, 2016
My position was allowed to WFH 2 days a week. Loved the variety of tasks I was responsible for. I had a very fair manager, until I switched teams and my position became virtual, this new manager was set in the "West" ways which did things differently than the other regions.
Pros
Gym in lBuilding (able to workout on lunch hour)
Cons
Laid off after 18 years employment 1997 to 2015
Verizon
Business Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 18, 2016
Verizon is a great company to work for. They offer a great program for advancement as well as personal growth.

I worked as a Business Account Manager in the business division of Verizon Wireless. My role was to find new business and service the existing business accounts. It was enjoyable as I was able to build relationships with my customers and be a part of their technology planning and strategy for future growth.
No life Balance
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJJune 28, 2016
Only people who make it in the company are the upper mean corparate greed people. They tell you that you are the voice of the company because your the front line to the company. Behind the seen they treat lets say not so great. Benefitts money great but the work enviroment the way you are treated is horrible you dont value no matter how many sales great things you have done for comany.
Pros
nothiing
Cons
bleed you dry then dump you like a pile of you know what

4.2