Verizon Employee Reviews

Found 13,483 reviews matching the search
No work/life balance in Sales or Operations
Field Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NYJune 25, 2017
Verizon shows up on all lists for best places to work but in the 2 departments I worked in it is a very competitive and stressful environment. The message and overall vision is muddled and lost once it gets to low level management and the workforce.
Pros
Great Salaries and Benefits
Cons
High stress
Excellent company to work doe
Financial Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 24, 2017
Excellent company to work for I have no complaints if given the opportunity I would return, excellent benefits and work environment - company provides donations to non-profit organizations of your choosing.
Pros
Paid tuition
Cons
N/a
good company
Solution Specialist/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 24, 2017
they make sure you have a life outside of work. can be flexible for doctor apps and vacation time though a lot of your life ends up being about Verizon
Very Satisfactory
Central Office Technician (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 24, 2017
I enjoyed working at Verizon. My experience was good. I loved the staff. I felt Management was very fair. Work locations were good. Very close to home no traffic.
High stress at times
current sales (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJune 24, 2017
Verizon is a great company to work for 401 k up to 6 percent match. Great helath benefits. However it is a for profit company which you here alot from mangers explaining the policies when employees are rumbling over it.. Even the though some of the policies. If you dont mind being a corporate slave. Its all good. I think most jobs are like that now.
Productive and easy going place to work.
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 23, 2017
Fun Place to work. Verizon has a great training program that last 3 months. during that time Verizon make sure that you have the tools to sale and give great customer service. I never felt overwhelmed in my position.
Pros
Great Benefits, Healthcare, 401K, dental.
Cons
The teamwork in our group was great!
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJune 23, 2017
I worked here many years so I've seen a lot of change happen over that time. Some good, some bad! I will say that what I always enjoyed most was the people that I worked with and they way we were all dedicated to the work. Even though it was very stressful to meet most of the deadlines, we were able to do so. Ahead of schedule in a lot of cases. I help build a really strong team of techs and I miss working with them!
Pros
For the group I worked in I would say that it was the Benefits, the company vehicles, the people
Cons
The bureaucracy got really bad over the last several years, Planning for upcoming projects not planned as well as they used to be.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 23, 2017
Verizon is great place to work the culture is to promote a work place balance and team work. They provide the required tools to perform your responsibility to receive a win for all evolve parties
fun
FIOS Specialist/Event Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 23, 2017
What can I say verzion is a great brand I have learned many things while working here I can say I truly enjoyed working there events and I would change that for nothing
A typical day at work
Fraud Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Weldont Springs,moJune 23, 2017
Assist customers with fraud on their cell phone accounts. We would help members figure out what happened and how to get the problem resolved. We would even sometimes get calls from the fraudulent callers and have to use our skills to stop them from being able to access our member's accounts

Want to know more about Verizon?

Ask a question
work
Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJune 23, 2017
going in and getting told you have to sell every product in the store basically so there is always pressure at the same time we do have fun but company always wants more and more but not willing to give to much back =.
workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 23, 2017
typical day is to have your mind on selling all day
you learn to be on point
always something going on to make work harder
selling hardest part
fun work place
Pros
winning paid trips with pay
Cons
selling
Decent starter job but not long-term career
Government Account Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 23, 2017
Benefits and compensation are good. Routine layoffs at least once per year...watch out whenever corporate announces acquisition of another company. Advancement opportunities are few unless you are able to relocate. Time off is dictated by service levels in call center environment.
quick paced cordial
Catagory manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2017
putting out fires mostly, plenty of management and direction change.
leadership tends to debate everything. no real sense of continuity. the best way to get things done is to keep small and off the radar. no back stabbing but little accepted or assumed responsibility for ownership of decision or strategic alliance and goals.
Cons
im a contractor as are manty others and they are not so happy
Great team of associates, can't say the same about management.
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  N Dartmouth, MAJune 22, 2017
Verizon is a very results driven like most sales companies. However, the goals are constantly changing and being escalated monthly. Responsible for meeting quotas regarding new activations, customer renewals, accessory take rate, data take rate, iPads, laptops, business account leads and wireless cards. Depending on the month anyone of these KPI takes precedence over the other. One month you are a rockstar, the next month you are receiving coaching because you missed the mark on a single category. With management, they have their favorites and often times its a "what have you done for me lately" type attitude.
Pros
Commission, fellow sales associates, health benefits
Cons
Management, no advancement, commission structure isn't condusive to meeting/exceeding KPI figures.
Great experiance
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lutz, FLJune 22, 2017
Verizon was a great company, I loved learning the system, learning how to be comfortable around people I do not know, and it taught me great life experiences that I will never forget.
fun place to work
Manager - Dwayne Coxum (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 22, 2017
everyone was very nice to work with. over time was available. it was in a great location. the only down side was i don't speak Spanish and most of the customers spoke Spanish so it was hard to under stand them
Pros
fun coworkers
Cons
angry customers
Hard work/life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2017
There are a lot of opportunities to make good money within Verizon but when it come to career development and growth it falls short. They have been cutting out many jobs and it doesn't feel stable right now.
The Verizon Center is great.
Guest Relations Officer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 22, 2017
Wonderful place to bring the Family. A great place to enjoy basketball, hockey, arena football, concerts and more. They also hold conference's and other spirtually events as well.
Pros
Great Job.
Cons
Can work long hours. And get off to late.
Great companhy to work with, just know what you're getting into
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VAJune 22, 2017
As a sales rep, it's some of the easiest money you'll ever make. It can be a lot of fun too. As a manager, the income goes up, but so does the pressure and the demands on you. Depending on, specifically, who you work for, there's an overall tendency to micromanage to the point of absurdity thus making a difficult job even tougher. If you can handle that, it's great.
Pros
Money to be made all over the place
Cons
Pressure and micromanagement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2