Verizon Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,047 reviews matching the search
Great Place To Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Weldon Spring, MOApril 8, 2016
I worked for this company for 6 1/2 years and honestly it was the best place I have ever worked. The management was always friendly even when things weren't going as fully expected.I learned many things about computers and programs used in the industry. A typical day at work was usual peaceful even when chaotic and fast paced. Co-workers were usually friendly. The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with callers that didn't actually want any 411 information and were only calling in for a friendly voice to talk to. The most enjoyable part of the job was job security and benefits.
Pros
Benefits, guaranteed house, pay
Cons
Fast paced, ever changing policies
Great benefits and great diversity of people..very military friendly
Network Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAApril 5, 2016
Verizon was a great company to work for, after leaving the US Navy. The benefits were wonderful, pay & promotion opportunities great & opportunities to gain experience remarkable.

I worked in a 24x7 environment, so this meant I had to deal with shift work but you were compensated for any off-tours.
Pros
Great benefits, diverse positions
Cons
Recent reductions in manpower put a strain on those remaining, a lot of job reductions in the past 10 years
Fast pace and challenging working with technology.
Service Repair Coordinator/Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 12, 2016
Sold retail cellular devices and tablets. Fast pace environment, Learned something new everyday. Love working with customers and helping them learn their technology they've purchased. One on one customer experiences being a tech coach. My coworkers helped when they could. Never found my job hard. The way I looked at it, the more challenging the better!
OK company to work for
Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2016
- OK company to work for.
- It pays well.
- Management is not good and lots of politics involved.
- Work is OK and they are trying to use more and more open source software and that is a good thing.
- No coordination between teams and it is so hard to get KT for new people or get any information out of people.
- They fired a lot of employees recently and maybe that is why nobody is ready to share any information to new people.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Politics
Good company to get involved with
Fiber Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 9, 2016
Verizon is an good company to begin a career with, they will provide adequate industry training. You will get good pay. But Verizon has been on the down slide towards employee care. Verizon wants to eliminate job security and move jobs to over seas, lowering quality of service.
Pros
Great Pay, Good benefits
Cons
Corporation tries to eliminate jobs, undermine middle class, little advancement opportunities
Productive workplace, has flaws
telecommunications representative (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVApril 4, 2016
Working as a telecommunications expert for Verizon was a very demanding job. You have to have good performance week each month or you would be fired. For the most part it was a very quick paces there were rare occurrences when we would run out of records. However if you enjoy talking on the phone this is the job for you.
Pros
two lunches, they handed out prizes for selling devices, make your own schedual
Cons
technical problems, low files and had to e sent home
Productive atmosphere.
Services tecnician (Former Employee) –  Randallstown, MDApril 3, 2016
A typical day at work is getting work orders and completing them in a timely manner. I was always learning something new every week.Management was always available to assist. I appreciated the assistance of my co-workers and assisting them. the hardest part of the day was trying to complete my work orders in a timely fashion.The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of completing my work and the customers being satisfied.
Needs to be higher pay
Customer & Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 18, 2016
Its a good company overall, but the pay needs to be more than it is for the amount of work they require, the stress it causes mentally due to irate callers and constantly requiring more from their workers, but no increase in pay. When promoting in this company, the first supervisor levels, they will not give raise, but ask much more from you.
Pros
Great POSITIVE ENVIROMENT
Cons
LOW PAY/NO INCREASE IN PAY FOR SOME POSTIONS
Difficult to advance and job security is unstable
MTS (Former Employee) –  Westlake, TXApril 20, 2016
The company touts training, however direct management balks at paying for it and taking the time away from immediate duties to accomplish training.

There is no job security. I worked for the company several years and saw many good people get laid off. It happened to me as well and there are more layoffs coming in 2016.
Benefits
Cons
Job security and management holds themselves above the working class
Great Benefits
Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYMarch 29, 2016
Verizon is a great company to work for. They provide an excellent compensation package (401K, profit sharing, paid time off, excellent consumer perks, etc.)

Always at the forefront in the technology game, I applaud their commitment to ensuring each employee is properly trained on new products and industry trends, as well as innovating the sales process that is easy to understand for employees and customers alike.
Pros
Benefits Packages
Cons
Very structured and Diverse place to work
Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 12, 2016
Typical day at work is greeting everyone with Hi, Hello when going into the building. Moreover, do your best and performed your job/tasks and make your day great. I learned that in the work force in society today you have to survive and do your best at what you are taught and be very knowledgably in what you've learned to be successful in life.

There is no hard part of the job. In addition, the most enjoyable part of the job is after all your work is done, you go home to be with the family.
Pros
Avoid arguments with co-workers. Sometimes just listen and take the advise.
Cons
Pros are the primary positive aspects of an idea, process, or thing.In addidtion, when all agree on an issue or problem you dont want to be the problem. Therefore solve and correct.
Was a great company, but in the last years it's changing
Member of Technical Staff II (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 25, 2016
When I started, this company had a GREAT culture. But in the last few years, it seems like the company no longer cares about the employees, and that they're only numbers to be used and discarded.

I supported retail stores, so would start my day in the dispatch office collecting information for what I needed for tickets/projects. Then I'd drive to the stores needed and do whatever was on the schedule for that day. Was nice to have the freedom of not having managers look over my shoulder, although dealing with traffic was difficult sometimes.

My coworkers and I all got along, and worked quite well as a team. We would routinely help each other in whatever the other team members supported.
Pros
1/2 price on cell service
Fast paced and performance driven atmosphere
Retail Sales Operations and Marketing - Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 18, 2016
The strong cultural foundation the company has breeds performance winners. Employee development and satisfaction is a priority. Management styles differ from manager to manager but the goals were clear. Work/life balance can potentially be an issue depending on the dept you work for.
Pros
health care, 401k, employee discounts etc.
Cons
work life balance
Fun and Flexible
Engagement Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 26, 2016
Verizon is fast paced and offers plenty of opportunities to build customer relationships. This job has helped teach me time management and self discipline. The hardest part of the job is not being able to shut it down, you are working 7 days a week with a phone that must be answered 24/7. Co-workers are great and it's fun to work with a team. Management is tough. When you are working in direct sales as this job is, you are only a factory machine. You only matter when you are producing the highest productivity. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with customers and selling a product you know and stand behind.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
You're only a number to management
Great company and wonderful people
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 24, 2016
Great place to work; wonderful people to work with. Many opportunities throughout the various organizations and divisions - however you must take it upon yourself to take advantage when the opportunities present themselves (should be fairly common anywhere though). Engaged and skilled management staff and co-workers. Great environment for those who subscribe to the axiom of always learning new things as playing a major role in their life career.
Pros
Professional, engaging work environment, Upward mobility, various career opportunities, Skilled/talented workforce
Cons
Identity issues regarding current/future position in the industry (i.e. Telecom vs Other), organization challenges
very productive and goal orianted
District Manager MD/VA Region (Current Employee) –  MarylandMarch 23, 2016
• Responsibilities: Driving the results from each respective stores and their store managers.
• Hiring, staffing, training, inventory management, store audits, weekly and monthly goals reports.
• Handling all correspondence with corporate as well as retail channels, in regards to the overall weekly, monthly, and quarterly KPI for each respective store in the region.
• Maintained work schedules for employee as well as payroll processing for 24 employees. Handling finances, commissions, inventory control, tracking sales and monthly P&L reports. Analyzed monthly and quarterly statements of total sales, inventory, and gross profits account payable and receivables.
facilities tecchnician
Facilities Technician (Current Employee) –  East Orange, NJApril 22, 2016
upon arrival to work review the days work load then call the customer see if they are home and ready for you appointment. review the job requirements and make sure i have the necessary tools and supplies on my vehicle. Proceed to the customers home greet them and review the work to be done. Determine the best way to install the fiber optic equipment the proceed with the installation. Upon completing the install review all of the installation with the customer make sure all set top boxes are working and they know how to access the product actions ordered. Verify the internet is routing correctly and the customer is able to browse. verify dial tone.
Pros
enjoy the customer interaction and a job well done
Cons
overbearing management requirements
A very challenging job every day
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 9, 2016
I worked at VZW for 23 1/2 years, it was a Call Center Environment, Management was very challenging, my Co-workers were nice people to work side by side with, the hardest part of the job was it was repetition and no option for other projects aside from being on the phone, the most enjoyable part of the job was talking with people all day long.
Benefits
Cons
Became more strict on phone edecate.
Fast Paced, Technology Focused
Manager, Organizational Development, Corporate (Former Employee) –  Basking Ridge, NJMarch 21, 2016
If you are able to travel or live near Basking Ridge, NJ, Verizon is a power house company to work for. They have great benefits, their compensation package is competitive with the job market, their environment is fast paced and energetic. A typical day at the job would be get ready for a new change directive, learn how to adapt quickly, support each other and work in team cross organizational environments. The hardest part of the job is working across multiple organizations, the most enjoyable part is getting the project done!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long commute if you do not live near Basking Ridge, NJ
Energetic and Ever-Changing Environment
Wireless Experience Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 20, 2016
Working for Verizon was like no other place I have ever worked. Each day started with my feet on the ground running, delving into the world of technology and finding out everything there was to know about products that had already launched and those just coming down the pipeline of development. My clients relied on me to know everything there was to know about their devices and I relied on my clients to keep me informed of their needs so I could properly adjust their accounts and provide them with new savings.