Verizon Employee Reviews

Found 14,123 reviews matching the search
Inventory Control Specialist
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYAugust 12, 2017
I worked in a Verizon retail store in a very busy, customer facing environment, where I split my time between managing the inventory and helping with customer sales and service.
Pros
fast paced environment and interesting products
Cons
irate customers
Decent job
Verizon Wireless Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 12, 2017
The only complaint I really have for this company is that they do not pay well in commission. The commission and hourly pay structure is constantly changing. Other than that the management is fair and they do work with your schedule. On a good month you could make pretty okay money.
Pros
Great management, works with employees
Cons
Pay structure always changing, not paid enough in commission
Retail Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 12, 2017
The company is great however they do a lot of cuts to positions. I was moved around in 1 year 2x due to they removed my title. The benefits are great they give vision ,dental 401K Health care spending and even emergency child care ,everything that you're looking for in a job
Okay
Supervisor, Customer Response (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAAugust 12, 2017
I haven't work for Verizon since the first year of the merger (acquisition) between Bell Atlantic. I was forced into early retirement 15 months after the merger to make room for Bell Atlantics management to come and run the company their way
work hard to get ahead
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 11, 2017
I really liked working for verizon because of the freedom that they give you with the customers. There is not a lot of hand holding and as long as you can put up consistent numbers, there isn't too many things they'll tell you.
Pros
room to grow
Cons
weekly meetings get repetitive
Great training, teamwork
Solution Specialist/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Corte Madera, CAAugust 11, 2017
Great company, great training, great benefits. Aggressive sales targets, Verizon pricing structure is challenging to sell against
competitors. Internal politics... don't like that.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDAugust 11, 2017
Opportunities to make a lot of money in Rexburg, it's one of the top paid tops I believe, good coworkers, management was bad. A lot to learn with transactions.
No real advancement
SENIOR NETWORK SECURITY ANALYST/ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAAugust 11, 2017
While a good place to work, there was no real way to advance in the division I was in which was security testing with the division I was in

As far as time off, reporting for work and things like that, they were pretty relaxed as long as you didn't;t abuse it
Eh
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 11, 2017
work life balance did not exist. when life events happened, you did not always get the time that was needed to take care of those events. many would be let go due to re mapping of the company.
RF Engineer
LTE Integrator (Former Employee) –  nyAugust 11, 2017
Installed Samsung equipment and power in Samsung cell cites. It was a wonderful experience.Completed MOP. Completed ATP . Installed 4G equipment. executed in a timely manner job dutieds.
Cons

Want to know more about Verizon?

Ask a question
Fun place to work with great people
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILAugust 11, 2017
Verizon is a great company for those willing to work hard. The benefits and training are top notch. They push you hard toward achieving the goals of your job for the company.
Procom experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAAugust 11, 2017
I worked for an authorized retailer of verizon, and was still happy with the atmosphere and leadership of the company. I would recommend this job to any will be salesperson.
Good place to grow
Customer Relations Tech Expert (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTAugust 11, 2017
Good place to work & grow with this company. I started around $13.50/hr and got up to $23/hour in 8 years. As long as you have patience & thick skin this job is for you. Customer service calls average expectation is 40 calls handled or higher. Tech Support expectation is around 24 average calls handled.
Pros
Tuition Assistance, 401k match, profit sharing, amazing benefits, advancement opportunities.
Cons
Not all managers are the same. Some are excellent at their jobs, others need work. Stressful like any call center job.
Average
Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 11, 2017
Typical large institution. Very bureaucratic and resistance to change. It's literally impossible to get a security clearance for your computer which makes getting the tools you need for work virtually impossible.
Good Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 11, 2017
I worked for Verizon for 7 years then they did company lay offs and got rid of my position it was a great company to work for but it does take away a lot of your home time but that's the case with any retail job. I don't suggest ever joining the union or thinking about joining if its ever presented to you, that is probably the worst thing you can do as a wireless retail worker, they will do ABSOLUTELY nothing to help you. I was unionized at At&t Wireless and then the union came to my job at Verizon and the unioln made everything 150 times worst just they were only concerned about landline workers and not wireless. But besides that its a great place to work good people and great memories.
good
DevOps/Cloud Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 11, 2017
Everyone was very friendly, and there for different reasons but all in all a wholesome team. I was happy to know my coworkers from other teams in thanks to the open office environment.
Flexible work environment
Quality Assurance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, NY 10962August 10, 2017
Company offers generous telecommuting opportunities.
Work load is moderate.
As with the companies of this size one has to deal with bureaucracy.
Good learning opportunities.
Agile Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDAugust 10, 2017
Constant Change is inevitable. Many technical contributions to make as a team player. Top Fortune 20 telecommunications company delivering innovative products and services to customers via the most reliable network and latest technologies.
Pros
Mobile Work Environment
Cons
Constant Force Reductions to Reduce Expenses
I enjoy interacting with my team mates while working in a fun environment
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 10, 2017
Receiving incoming calls from customers inquiring about general questions regarding their accounts. I learned how to allow the customer to explain everything before interjecting to assist them. Management should be professional and an have an open door policy, and should be approachable. Fun and exciting place to come to work in. The hardest part of a call enter position is sitting for long periods of time.
Competative work
Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 10, 2017
It is essential to keep a funnel of the sales opportunities that did not close. Being a competitive environment with quotas that continue to go up it is the only way to maximize your numbers. Opportunity to learn about customer service, sales and operations. Hardest part of the job for some is staying "on" everyday that you come in. To be able to excel in the retail position you always have to be on. The most enjoyable part of my day was seeing the reps have success and feeling that even if it was a small part, I played a role in the success.
Pros
Discounts, pay, benefits
Cons
work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2