Verizon
6,098 reviews

Verizon Employer Reviews

Great Company
Senior Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Verizon Wireless has great pay, benefits and opportunities for advancement
Telecommunications Manager
Staff Support Specialist (Former Employee), MassachusettsJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: people
Worked for Verizon for many years and went thru many mergers. Always in a customer service position but lots of advancement. If it were not for the corporate wide management buyout they offered I may still be there.

The people I worked with in every capacity were very enjoyable as were my positions held.
Always changing
Customer Service (Former Employee), Solon, OHJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: retail hours
OK.company to work for. Retail side is demanding and requires dedication. Hardest part of job is keeping up with the changes.
productive, fast pace,diversity
Field Engineer (Former Employee), New York/New JerseyJanuary 20, 2015
The day's work flow started by checking the computer to see what and where I will be. I will meet one or more of my coworkers to coordinate the job. Sometimes we would need to be on the road more than at the actual site for work. But the chemistry and diversity between the job itself and my coworkers made the job more fun and interesting.
Good Benifits
Sales Representative/Account Manager (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: incentive trips, good pay
Cons: minimum extended training
A typical day would be to go to your 3 to 5 presentations to clients.

I learned the ins and outs about being a successful sales rep

Management supervisors were responsible to make sure you completed all of your reports. They were minimally involved in teaching any sales techniques and you depended on your personally responsible to learn new products.

The hardest part of the jb was the constant developing new leads and not getting any help.

The most enjoyable part was having your own business and you got out of it what you put in.
No frills, no perks, no coffee - very uninspiring
SR. TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Richardson, TexasJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great technology
Cons: very poor management
A typical work day started with my supervisor managing by screaming at people for no apparent reason. I did learn, trial by fire, 37 different systems none of which made a lot of sense. My direct line supervisor was / is an alcoholic drug addict, His boss, the Sr Manager - although in the same building - never made herself available. I never saw her in 5 years. Most of my co-workers were / are like friends for exception of my team leads. The hardest part of my job was getting out bed and wondering why do I have to go through this nightmare again. The most enjoyable part of my job was using my access card to leave the building. They paid well to endure the suffering.
Nice place to work, benifits included an on site resturant, gym, showers, breakroom, new building
Telephone operator (Former Employee), Weldon Springs, MOJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great hours, great pay, (pd. holidays, time & ahalf on sundays) very nice clean building, very professional atmosphere
Cons: a little far from home, veried schedule at times
I enjoyed my job at Verizon, my co-workers, management,& my duties. Very good pay & medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, 401. Great work environment. The only reason I left was because they moved my position overseas.
great place to work if you liked selling
customer care specialist (Former Employee), tampa, flJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: the environment
Cons: selling
I learned a lot about the billing process and how to help my customers.
management was ok a little too chummy with certain individuals
co-workers were great and helped out a lot
the hardest part of the job was selling to the customers
most enjoyable was the people
Great workplace
Telecommunications Technician/Frame Worker (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Verizon is a great place to work. Enjoyed my time there. I recommend it to others, to find employment at this great company.
Productive and great place to work by gaining much customer service experience
Sales Representative Consultant (Former Employee), Tolleson, AZJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: gaining sales skills, gaining great customer skills, meeting new people, working full time
Cons: getting our location closed down, driving more than hour every day, disorganization
Our motive was to help each and every customer who would walk in. We had a certain amount of commission each month that we had to reach, by doing so we had to promote different products we had in our store and match it to the needs of our customers. Maintaining the cleanliness of our store was very important. Every day there was always a new goal set, I learned how to motivate myself enough to achieve any goal I set for myself. I also learned how to maintain calm when a customer is disagreeing with a technical situation, I have learned how to improve the situation. With working at Verizon, the location I was in, we did not have a store manager. Without a store manager it was difficult, we did not have certain things to maintain our store like every other Verizon store, such as cleaning supplies, phones, and our schedule was not scheduled correctly due to no manager. We had one employee who was not trust worthy, but we managed to be able to work with one another. There was a couple of parts of the job that did make it difficult such as, not having a manager it gave us more responsibility on the whole store, we did manage well. Our location did get closed down, another hard part was when I got transferred to the Tolleson location. Being transferred was very hard because I lost many customers that I had built close relationships with as I helped them have a great experience with Verizon. I also lost my team, and had to adjust to a new one. I did enjoy working at my past locations creating new friendships and meeting tons of different people. My past location was very far from home, but it was very much worth it. Moving to my new location I created new friendships and met new people and I learned how to adjust to new surroundings with new people very quickly. Overall Verizon was a good experience, and I learned a lot from it and gained great customer service skills.
Terrible Job.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CAJanuary 19, 2015
Not a good place to work for.Services is terrible and most of the managers are always on their cell phones and have a terrible experience with customers.
POPULAR COMPANY
Customer Service / Sales (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: salary
Cons: bad management insufficient leaders
GREAT BENEFITS GREAT FELLOW CO WORKERS BUT THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS DEALING WITH MIS MANAGEMENT. TOO MANY CHIEFS WITH A NUMBER OF INDIANS THAT ARE MISLEAD.
Best job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great money
Cons: getting harder and harder to meet goals
Working with a team is the best since you are able to help each other out in closing a sale. Also is more competitive and makes you work a lot harder to hit your goals and surpass them. Also management team would help you get promoted. Verizon Wireless would help you get promoted and also help you get back in school with tuition assistance
Field Technician (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: advancement
Cons: short breaks
As a part of field operations you will make customers smile as you resolve technical issues home entertainment, security and networking equipment. This job is highly physical and requires just the right mix of people skills and technical knowledge. While each day brings new challenges, there is a support from co-workers and supervisors dedicated to the success of the overall team. I am a natural problem solver with a true passion for technology and customer service in order to be successful.
Its all in what you make it
Customer Service Rep/Tech Coordinator I (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 19, 2015
Long hours and overtime is always available great benefits able to use tuition reimbursement and other great options. Usually on the phone in call center settting speaking with customer on billing and tech support issues. At the time they offered options to take courses that would benefit the job and help with advancement. Not sure what the process is now.
Benefits and Drawbacks
Senior Solutions Analyst (Former Employee), ChicagoJanuary 19, 2015
Every job has its benefits and drawbacks. The main benefits that I enjoyed and kept me at the company for so long - healthcare, flexible in work hours, telecommuting, and the relationships with my co-workers. The main drawbacks were lack of communication from my direct manager and no opportunities for advancement.

I learned that everyone has a different personality and you must learn how to have patience with your co-workers. To me it was very hard to go above and beyond my job when I would rarely get a 'thanks' from management or some kind of award when I would see other co-workers getting that from their management.
Counter productive with micro-managing
Account Executive (Current Employee), Portage, MiJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free cell phone service
Cons: short breaks, micro managing, negative
I first took the position at Verizon with every promise told to me up-front that was not delivered. The Managing staff would follow your every single move and no matter the profit you brought in would always be negative.
High pay for retail; no unified culture
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: work-life balance; management; no culture; employee value
The pay is relatively high for most retail positions, but you're expected to grind out high numbers. Due to market saturation, most selling is up-selling of existing customers. The company is very heavy on performance and quotas so you are pushed to sell products/services in a way that may not always be the right fit for the consumer. Although the company tries to balance customer promoter scores (which are largely negative) through incentivized bonuses, at the end of the day exceeding YoY is what matters the most regardless of what the customer may think. Store and assistant managers are relatively understanding of the difficulties employees face (slower traffic, market saturation, continual changes in compensation, etc), but because the message comes from the top-down they don't have the ability to make changes in the business. Even upper management at the Director and Region President level are scrabbling to find new ways to achieve growth and revenue through sometimes ridiculous strategies.
Professional Environment
Sr. Analyst - Fraud (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: culturally diverse
Verizon is a culturally diverse company looking towards the future with solutions on the spectrum for individual consumers to large corporate and federal users. They do well to stay in the new and ensure their customers have the best experience.
fun place to work with
Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 18, 2015
Fun place to work and learned a lot from people/seniors.

Management is good and employee preference will be considered for changing technology and project.

Good co-workers and leads.

most enjoyable part was production support.

New requirements with technology is preferred at work

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more