Verizon

7.5K reviews

Verizon Employee Reviews

Productive company with talented Engineers
Senior Software Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 22, 2015
Worked with talented Engineers. There are management challenges but nothing that was a show stopper. Projects were cancelled and restarted.
Competitive and Unfair
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 21, 2015
Benefits were great but what was always promised, never came into fruition. Says that they help you get into school but makes you pay it all back later.
Current role
tech apprentice (Current Employee), elgin, scAugust 21, 2015
fun work place. not all about the numbers but personally grow and develop. i love working with people. Just making customers happy is what I am about.
Fast paced and good compensation
Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Fast-paced, easily understood service, competitive pricing
Cons: Quality of service and constant cold-calling
Before being acquired by Verizon, the company was known as MCI Telecom. The company had an exciting and bold strategy....offer an alternative well priced service more competitively against the monolithic At&T. The job was fun, not difficult to learn, face-paced, and my hard work resulted in great compensation. I loved almost every aspect of the job. The hardest part was dealing with the quality of the service and the constant cold-calling.
Vericustomers and employees
Government Account Coordinator (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 21, 2015
After being part of the Verizon Wireless family for almost five years I can say that Verizon genuinely prioritizes the needs of customers. The environment is positive and upbeat. There is actually a ping pong table in one of the break rooms as well as a billiards table. They go above and beyond to meet the need of all employees, customers and all victims of domestic violence as well as natural disasters. From being a part of the Verizon family I gained a new perspective on social interaction. On a daily basis I was presented the opportunity to speak with a very diverse customer base, consistently challenged with issues in which a resolution must be achieved. I gained the skill of diverse interaction. The most difficult aspect of being part of such an extraordinary family was gaining a genuine relationship with my coworkers. Each of us rapidly promoted within the business and transferred to other departments decreasing the amount of social interaction with one another. The best part of being part of this company is the amount of opportunities that are so freely presented to all employees. It is simply up to the employees how quickly they promote. You come in, adhere to your daily schedule. Embrace the needs of the business
Busy Workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee), Mcallen, TXAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule
Cons: Poor execution of policies.
Management was poorly educated on policies and procedures. Heavy volume calls and not enough employees. Work was busy and management was lost.
Productive, caring managers, fun environment
Sales Consultant/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Clinton, MDAugust 20, 2015
Pros: management coaching when you need it
Cons: location switches
Working with Verizon wireless has been one of the best experiences I've had in a long time with a job. The managers care about your success and your personal life also. Multiple times my managers helped me out with my schedule so it worked with my son. Never in my life has a manager done this before.
Enjoyable place to work with great compensation and benefits
Operation Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Advancement and good benefits
Cons: Contract time, associates lose pay but the management work extremely long hours.
The overall work environment was positive. A provision was available for training and on the job work experience. The overall objective was communicated early in the year so employee would know what to expect in order to achieve the desire rating.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Maumee, OHAugust 20, 2015
Incoming call center, wonderful place to work, great incentives and learning strategies. Very good training department.
Comradery with my coworkers
Central Office Technician (Former Employee), Ashburn, VAAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Partiality of Management, non supportive management
My day would start off with logging into several window applications. Deal with incoming customer inquiries. Make outgoing calls to analyze and fix trouble reports. The hardest part of the job was not having sufficient training to do your job to the best of your ability. Non supportive management. All about the numbers not how you personally grow and develop. The most enjoyable part of the job is comradery with my coworkers. Also flexibility in work schedules.
Graphics Department
Graphics Designer (Former Employee), Silver Spring, Md.August 20, 2015
Pros: creative atmosphere, camaraderie
My experience as a Graphics Designer at Verizon was positive! I worked with a group of five employees and we had to service the eastern footprint of the company which included a service area of Maine to Florida.

We had to work together to handle the workload. And we did!
I enjoyed the camaraderie of our group the most!
Dynamic work environment
Sr Consultant (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 20, 2015
Dynamic work environment with ever changing priorities and projects.
Expect complete loyalty from employees but then up and relocate all finance and accounting positions to cheaper markets
great environment with flexibily
Contract strategy and automation (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2015
Pros: ability to work remote
Cons: future unknown in the company
One of the worlds largest telecom company that enables you to move quickly within the company, after 20+ years I was afforded the opportunity for growth and learning the business. I was able to hold just about every position within the company and realize what was the best fit for me. Workplace was hectic but manageable and very flexible. Enjoyable place to work.
fun workplace business skills needed
salesman (Former Employee), New Holland, PAAugust 20, 2015
Pros: phone discounts
Cons: n/a
very easy job to pick up they teach very well and their systems are user friendly. hours are pretty long but once you go commission based the hours are worth it after you receive a commission check
Verizon Wireless
Sr. Trainer (Current Employee), Charleston, SCAugust 20, 2015
Great work environment with strong management that is focused on developing leaders. Many job opportunities in multiple locations. Weal starting salary and poor schedule selection/control which can be difficult to handle from a work/life perspective.
Very challenging
Field Sales Executive (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Very Rewarding role
Cons: no work life balance
Alot of hard work and dedication has been required for me to be successful here, i implemented a B2B sales channel, which have caused enormous growth of profit margins and reduced shrinkage.
sales consultant
Manger/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Galt, CAAugust 19, 2015
- meeting and making a connection with customers, asking questions and listening to shoppers' needs, then giving options and advice on meeting those needs.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 19, 2015
Pros: 30 min. is good
Cons: Don't like use my break time if finishing a customer file
Being a employer at Verizon Wireless. The most enjoyable part of my job was communicating with my customers,listening to their needs and making sure that what I've done satisfied the requirements.
Work Relations and Review
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Trevose, PAAugust 19, 2015
Great place to work with cooperative co-workers. The most difficult part of the job was completing projects on time and within the budget. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of meeting established goals.
Difficult place to manage work life balance
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond VirginiaAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Good sales reps to work with that supported each other
Cons: Difficult to advance, bad work/life balance, difficult schedules, high pressure sales
The staff were very nice to work with and we enjoyed each day together as a family. The management was dictated by those that weren't on the front lines and didn't understand the complexities of the floor, and this led to them setting unreasonable expectations for the markets that the stores were in and constantly changing these standards at least monthly, quite often sooner. It was very difficult to try to schedule family functions never knowing your changing schedule or whether or not your vacation days would be approved even when asked for months in advance. They promote family/life balance, but do not live by it and when compounded by the pressures of front-line sales with ever increasing goals it led to a very stressful work environment.
Headquarters