Verizon Employee Reviews

Found 11,404 reviews matching the search
Retail is terrible
Experience specialist (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 8, 2017
Stay away from royal oak store's not my favorite job. Just benefits and compensation is. I don't want yo talk about this anymore but your systems keeps asking me to write more information when I have no more information to give
Pros
Great money
Cons
90% De Escalations 10% Actual work
benefits are great
Customer Service/ARSO (Former Employee) –  Fairview Park, OHJanuary 7, 2017
Verizon was a good place t work but hours were a it crazy. retail hours are crazy and we were understaffed for wha needed to be completed. management was good but upper management was really not aware of the day to day workings
Pros
wages
Cons
downsized jobs
First job/fun loving
Sr. Automation Tester (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 7, 2017
This is my first job as Manual and automation tester. I love my roles and responsibilities where a usual tester performs as a part of his duty. I have learnt as much as from my project to build my career as a automation tester.
I worked multiple years after college
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYJanuary 7, 2017
Cool job. Very aggressive sales. I made good money for the time I was there but it is very easy to get stuck in time there. You have to cross the "grey area" in order to make money or you'll be like me. Job searching.
Pros
free lunch, bonus
Cons
no days off, working late everyday, working every holiday with no vacations after November-January
Great place, typical complaints.
Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 7, 2017
Great place to work, amazing compensation, but very draining. Lots of over head pressure, depending on your store. A mix of guests treating me like dirt and management overlooking ratios in favor of pure volume are what eventually lead to my departure.
Poor Management
Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJanuary 7, 2017
Management is never on the same page....too many managers that dont communicate. Extremely overwhelming & very high quotas that are often unobtainable, traffic & customer flow has slowed down.
Great company, ok people
Genaral Manager/Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJanuary 7, 2017
Long work days to be successful, most people that work there are hard to deal with. Good benefits and the pay is ok, but not great.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long hours w/o additional pay
Too many cut backs
Solutions Specialist Novi (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIJanuary 7, 2017
A quarter of staffing was recently laid off making it very difficult on the remaining staff. More responsibilities that were previously placed on particular role are now being placed on sales associates. When working on commission it's very difficult to reach the goals if we have to now focus on technical support work and education of customers.
Pros
Quarterly bonus, health benefits, 401k
Cons
Managment not supportive, very high pressure
A good company to work for.
Cable Splicing Technician (Former Employee) –  NY, NYJanuary 6, 2017
A typical day at work was fast paced and made enjoyable by the people I worked with.
I learned allot about getting the job done and taking pride in it.
Relationship between craft and management was a good one for the most part.
Working with my co-workers was like working with family.
The hardest part of the job working outside in the winter.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a group of people who all cared about each other.
Pros
Being able to work overtime and very good benefits.
Cons
Working outside in the cold.
Worked with national retailers and agents
Indirect Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 6, 2017
Executed in-store coaching and individual trainings to national retailer sales employees to improve sales behaviors.

Provided technical, system driven, and sales related support to retailers during customer interactions regarding Verizon services. On call during all retailer hours.

Facilitated on-boarding new hire training programs monthly to assist retailer employees to sell more effectively.

Developed marketing and sales incentives/strategies based on the current market and client needs that continually drive wireless sales increases month over month.

Want to know more about Verizon?

Ask a question
RF Engiener (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJanuary 6, 2017
Good place to work. Good culture, willingness to accept and hear new ideas. Would recommend this place for anyone. Co workers were cool.
sales Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJanuary 6, 2017
Customer Service Taking care of Customers Accounts tech support, customer service, bill payments eventory shippment
Good work environment.
Senior Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philipsburg, PAJanuary 6, 2017
It's a safe job that is under a roof so that is nice to have during the winter months. The employees are nice to work with and always willing to help.
As an intern...
System Performance Engineer Co-Op/Intern (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAJanuary 6, 2017
A typical day in the office is to get in and do the work that is expected of you. Always be proactive with research or data collection because this industry moves fast. Management is amazing, coworkers are all very knowledgeable. Hardest part of the internship was finding work to do that was within my skill set. Enjoyed not always being in the office and driving to collect data.
Pros
Free lunches with training, helpful management, friendly workplace
Cons
Very Corporate standards, not enough work
Selling with no morals
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJanuary 6, 2017
Working for this company I had no free time open 7 days a week.You also work holidays weekends .Have to hit your numbers or look forward to being written up.Pay is great but not work the time you waste of your life
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No personal life
Political Players Welcome
Call Center Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2017
If you are good at the game of politics Verizon is the place for you. It require a good set of knee pads to get advanced and be willing to jump like a puppy when asked to do so.
Pros
Salary and Bennies
Cons
The leadership
workplace environment is stressful
Contracted Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  McLeansville, NCJanuary 6, 2017
it was very stressful and high turnover rates due to bad ratings. if you like call center environments this is one to stay away from.
Pros
incentitives
Cons
stressful
Co-workers are extremely smart, hard working environment
Account Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 6, 2017
Great environment, but also (naturally so) extremely huge. You can get lost among the shuffle. However, the benefits and co-workers are fantastic to work with.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Tough hours
i enjoyed worked for Verizon wireless
Retail Sales and Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJanuary 6, 2017
i learned so much about technology . I was a sales and customer service representative for 10 years. i learned how to trouble shoot all types of wireless devices. i also have to help customers with their bills.
Fast paced retail environment
Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHJanuary 6, 2017
Competitive sales in the wireless industry and leading top company to work for. Great work/life balance and wonderful benefits. Must be energized by change and unafraid to set set personal sales goals.Demanding schedule.
Pros
Excellent benefits incl. 401k, competitive salaries
Cons
demanding schedule, long hours on your feet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2