Verizon Employee Reviews

Decent Pay
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 13, 2017
It's been a while since I've been with them. Great company to excel. Great for high school grads going to school and college grads not yet established in the field the went to school for.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
stressful
na
Tech Expert (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 13, 2017
Verizon is an awesome company to work for. the job can be challenging and somewhat stressful at times. benefits are great. i have a special needs child and everything we needed was covered by the benefits
Great Place to Build a Career
SOLUTIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNNovember 13, 2017
The company and the perks offered by the company are outstanding. Working in retail means things can be a roller coaster ride. Work/life balance is often in flux, but if you're with a good group of co-workers, things can be immensely easier.
Company Review
Manager, Marketing Analytics (Current Employee) –  Basking Ridge, NJNovember 13, 2017
Overall is fine
Job Work/Life Balance is fine
Compensation/Benefits is fine
Management is fine
Job Culture is fine
Everyday is a busy day, learned a lot.
Verizon
Solutions Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 12, 2017
Verizon has great benefits. Verizon could work on their work life balance because as a manager I am expected to be active 7 days per week including when you're on vacation. Pay is very good.
strive for BEST not BIGGEST
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 12, 2017
Generally, the corporate culture was to provide the best service and the customers would come/stay.

Also, with success comes an obligation to support / give back to the community.

I was very happy and proud to be a part of the Verizon Wireless team.
Fun place to work
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 12, 2017
Great place to work and good money when you don’t have a college degree. Great benefits and discounts as well. Not much downtime. Paid more on sundays
Solution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 12, 2017
Lots of training
Great discount
Nice people to work with
Flexible shifts
Helps with tuition
Great benefits
Managers want to help you grow within the company
Pros
Discount on bill
Cons
Holiday hours
Great Company
Sales/Retail Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLNovember 12, 2017
Great company to work for needs more opportunity for advancement in Florida only retail jobs available. had a great career with Verizon but the competition has got them struggling to keep customers now.
Integrity is CORE
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCNovember 12, 2017
Attend a 5-10 minute huddle daily, receive 30-40 calls with breaks and lunch between, follow a timed schedule from the start to end of your work day. Attend 45 minute coaching per week with your direct supervisor to discuss strengths and opportunities to assist with increasing metrics. The most difficult part of this job is maintaining a positive attitude no matter the nature of the call.
Amazing Job
Bilingual Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 12, 2017
This job was amazing, i wish i could still be working there but i had to relocate on emergency . Met so many wonderful people and made lasting friendships.
Pros
everything
Cons
non
na
Wireless Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2017
To many layoffs. not good for overall moral within the company. most folks fearful of getting let go. not much room for advancement within the company with current financial state.
Great Benefits
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 12, 2017
Stressful job, pays well with other incentives as well as bonuses yearly. Poor management, which makes the job even more stressful...great premium med/dental/vision ins. Tuition reimbursement and pto all starting day 1.
Friendly, relaxed work environment
Workforce Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2017
I have enjoyed my 18 years at Verizon.As with any job there were stressed moments for the most part my office was a well balanced work environment. Verizon offered good health benefits, vacation and salary.
I would recommend to work at Verizon to anyone.
Pros
Verizon works around your schedule.
Cons
Depending on your office it can become very micro managed
Verizon and me
Retail Sales Associate, Jauary (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 12, 2017
I enjoyed working for vetizon. I support the company in all aspects it treats its employees and customers very well. They care. Its a good company that pays well and gives tons of discounts freebies incentives and opportunities.
Pros
The companys creed incentives discounts and opportunites
Constant change
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 11, 2017
Verizon is constantly changing their commission structure and how they do business both internally and externally. Competitive and fast pace, be ready to hussle.
Pros
Competitive, fast pace, benefits
Cons
Little work-life balance
no comment
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2017
no comment, great experience I enjoyed the experience very much. I especially enjoyed helping the customers and the fast paste of the job. I had a great experience.
Great place to get some extra money
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, NYNovember 11, 2017
Typical day varies. You must sell contracts and phones but it isn't too hard. You meet some nice people and management is awesome. You have a lot of freedom also which is nice.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Temporary job
High paced working environment with added responsibility
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 11, 2017
Typical day included daily morning meetings, peer to peer training, training modules, daily, weekly, and monthly strategic sales, consumer, small and medium business cold calls, phone trouble shooting, bill analyzing, fraud prevention. I've learned how to handle different customers from different backgrounds, also how to successfully work with co-workers with different beliefs and backgrounds. The most enjoyable part of the day would be the end of the night when we successfully helped all of our customers to the best of our abilities and knowing that we exceeded the company's standards and goals.
Pros
Paid Lunches on holiday weekends, countless monetary benefits to contests and daily goals. Also the sales compensation was a pro
Cons
The constant change in sales compensation, the constant added responsibilities from laid off positions.
Direct marketing sales representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2017
Productive workplace with good growth opportunities. Friendly staff. Learnt management of self and new hires. Good work culture. Helpful management ready to guide.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2