Verizon Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,531 reviews matching the search
good company to work for
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAMarch 27, 2016
its a good company to be apart of and they do a great job of promoting from within. easy to get burnt out and the schedule can be very demanding sometimes
Pros
great benefits and room for advancement
Cons
schedules and can be tedious at times
Challenging, Rewarding Job
ENGINEERING DRAFTER (Former Employee) –  Galloway, NJApril 1, 2016
I worked for Verizon as an Engineering Drafter and Directory Assistance Supervisor for 35 years and loved the job. The people were great to work with, the benefits they provided were excellent.
I used the CAD system to draft the blueprints to scale for outside plant from the Engineers field notes
Pros
My favorite job
Verizon Wireless is a wonderful company to work for.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 7, 2016
I've spent the last 16 years with Verizon Wireless and was hoping to retire with the company. Unfortunately it went through a restructure. The Finance Team I worked for was amazing. We worked hard, supported each other in every task and by the end of the day, I can say I've accomplished so much and found the job very rewarding. The team members were like my extended family. The hardest part was being laid off and not getting to see their smiling faces and the day-to-day interaction.
Pros
Execellent benefits, wonderful people to work with
Cons
Restructure
productive intense workplace
Assistant Manager/Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYApril 6, 2016
working at Verizon was quite of an experienced i loved how much productive we could be when we work as a team day to day. i learned how to consult customers and help them make a good decision based on their needs and wants.
Pros
free lunches, great knowledge gained
Cons
commission only, no base salary
Enjoyable workplace with cutting edge products & services
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHNovember 22, 2015
With Verizon Wireless I specialized in wireless sales, selling top of the line products and services. I learned the ins and outs of several mobile operating systems, strategic sales practices and how to effectively sell against stiff competition. Management was extremely involved in ongoing training and provided strong coaching to those struggling to meet goals. The hardest part of my job was convincing basic phone users of the benefits of embracing smartphone technology. The most enjoyable part was seeing their eyes light up when I taught them how to use a new device and they "got it."
Pros
Plenty of ongoing training, excellent products and incentives
Cons
Strict sales policies, late shifts, limited opportunity to advance
Great Experience
Coord-Tech Support I Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 3, 2016
Verizon is a great place to work and gain various experiences. The company also urges you to better yourself for advancement. The benefits are awesome!
Benefits
Cons
Alot of favoritism on mangement level
Verizon is a great company to work for.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 6, 2015
Verizon is a wonderful company to work with. I've been employed there or 36 years. Within that time frame I've been able to take care of my family. Verizon's tuition assistance program has paid for all of my college degrees including my latest, a Doctorate in Business Administration.

A typical day at work consists of monitoring the daily workload, ensuring there is adequate resources for the work that needs to be completed. There are daily calls with my remote management team to ensure they are all engaged in the work and that there is an action plan for the day. For those work work in the same location, there are daily conversations covering the workload and ensuring the needs of the business are met.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people. I get to interact with my employees and know who they are, what they are capable of, and what their families and friends mean to them. I get to celebrate their daily accomplishments through recognition events that recognize their daily dedication to excellence.
Pros
Tuition Assistance, benefits
Cons
Limited promotional opportunities
Great Place to work
Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 29, 2016
Awesome benefits but working retail is a tough work/life balance. Great opportunity for advancement if you like working sales. If you get in the right store with the right team work will definitely be a good time!
Benefits
Cons
Retail hours
Great Stepping stone
Technician Systems (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXMarch 8, 2016
Get in and get out. The pay is the lowest in the industry but the benefits are good. You will learn a lot if you apply yourself, but it's best viewed as a stepping stone to other things. Not the place you want to hang around for many years.
Pros
3 days off per week
Cons
No lunch pay, pay is low, poor management
Excellent place to learn and grow
Journeyman Lineman (Former Employee) –  NJFebruary 2, 2016
Excellent place to learn and grow. Good job security, benefits, etc. Typical day involved routine maintenance. Moat enjoyable part of job was the daily travel and the hardest would be digging around gas lines. Learned a magnitude of different skills. Worked with a great bunch of guys willing to work as a team.
Pros
Good pay, job security, benefits
Cons
lack of work on occasion
Quarterly Layoffs
Director of Cloud Operations and Engineering (Current Employee) –  Beltsville, MDOctober 27, 2015
Verizon's VP leadership has issues developing and executing their vision past 6 months which creates issues with large hiring and layoff swings. Verizon consistantly lays off their VP's and SVP's every 18 months which means the direction and vision changes every 18 months. Due to this Verizon is consistently losing their best people due to fear of unemployment which makes it hard to execute long term plans. That's the bad news, the good news is that Verizon has a large amount of cash which does allow you at the management layer to develop some interesting products.

I was on the internet side of Verizon and it now appears that they are trying to sell off that piece of the business.
Pros
Compensation is well above average
Cons
You are expected to work 60+ hours a week so the work/life balance is not good
Great pay for low skill work
Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 7, 2015
It's a good place to work if you're just starting out or if you're technically competent but don't have any real skills. Great pay for the work you do, but you're usually talking to angry people all day. Not much room to advance up in the company unless you go management. They do give you the tools to learn new skills on your own time either through their internal learning platform, or through their tuition assistance program; so if you're motivated you can learn your way into a better job. Overall it's a pretty good company to work for.
Pros
Pay is good, good benefits, $8K a year for education, paid time off, union
Cons
Not much room for advancement, very strict about time management
Soul-sucking, debasement of corporate work
National Program Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 22, 2016
This is a highly political environment; with poor leadership at Senior Exec. and C-suite levels. There is no clear vision, or adherence to mission statements for leadership, and they truly live in an ivory tower. Advancement is slow if not paralyzed, due to constant reorganizations (literally a layoff or reorg each year since 2001). There's also a sense of futility in the work effort made from employees, as leadership's annual mismanagement of budgets ALWAYS leads to layoffs or vendor cutback at the cost of the business. This cutback on headcount always leads to unrealistic expectations of delivery timelines vs. means to deliver.
Pros
Remote Working, Good benefit package, Good people in management who can make the environment tolerable
Cons
Constant reorganizations, No work/life balance, Backstabbing executives who only protect themselves
Simply Amazing
Bilingual Coordinator & Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 13, 2016
Incredible Place to work, the culture, co-workers, management, and the overall benefits and salary its amazing. The company its the best and strongest there is.
Pros
Great place to work, salary, bonuses, and culture.
Great Environment to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Pickens, SCMarch 30, 2016
Great place to work and the co-workers and fun to work with also. Management is very relaxed and there is no micro-management.
Pros
Great rewards for monthly competitions
Cons
No base salary. Full commission
Fun place to work
Sales Support ESG Manager/Credit Risk Dept (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJJanuary 12, 2016
Training , Training Training..Lots of meetings
learned an extreme amount of systems, geared only for Verizon
Management does back you up to no end.
Verizon employees are very click-ish being in a call enter environment.
Hardest past of the job working in a call center,putting in a code for the bathroom, and being timed the entire time.
Pros
Great Benefits and pay.
Cons
Extremely intense training, must pass trainin to keep position
Bad pay for hard work
Senior Customer Service Rep (Team Leader) (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCFebruary 15, 2016
being a csr or team lead, if you arent salaried then you work hard, get little for pay and are expendable at anytime. It is the worst company i have ever worked for and treat the main employees like cattle.
benefits
Cons
pay, management, calls
solid company
Consultant/Project manager field operations (Former Employee) –  Westchester County, NYFebruary 4, 2016
A great company with good benefits. A place where advancement is achievable. A company that provides an opportunity for education and personal growth. One has to be able to meet daily challenges and various pressure due to customer and company goals
Pros
benefits pay
Cons
dealing with large interdepartmental issues
heartless machine
Manager (Former Employee) –  marylandDecember 30, 2015
Awful place to work. 10 years ago it was a very different company and I loved going to work every day. the pay and benefits where great and the culture was amazing you could feel that the company cared about it's employees from the CEO level all the way down to the front line. Since the merger with Verizon landline wireless has become a heartless machine that cuts costs in every way possible and couldn't care less for it's employees or customers. its a shame.
Identity Crisis
SR. ANALYST- VISUAL MERCHANDISING (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJNovember 19, 2015
Worked here in various roles for the last 9+ years. Recently was forced to move to the HQ team as a part of the organization restructure. All the keep telling us is that we are lucky to have jobs and we should be greatful. I was assigned to do the work no else on the team wants to do and I have zero impact on the business. I'm supposed to feel lucky? The company needs to figure out what they want to be when they grow up so they don't keep doing this to their hardworking employees.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits
Cons
Work/life balance, Constant threat of layoffs, corporate politics/cronyism.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2