Verizon Employee Reviews

A nice job, but very hard to come across enough sales for a decent commission check.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 12, 2018
A typical day I don't do many sales. If I get any customers, its for bill pays and questions. I did learn a lot about how to go about making sales, and how to talk to people better. The management changed a couple times, but all are very nice people. The hardesr part of the job was getting sales for helping my comission, but the most enjoyable part was the people that I met along my journey of selling.
Pros
Downtime for when you need to get work done, nice people, doesn't mind piercings and tattoos.
Cons
Not a very visited area, comission is hard to come by because of that reason, hours are too long when there's a lot of down time.
Celebrating holidays - Christmas, etc.
Trunk Assignor / Business Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2018
Verizon became my home away from home. Verizon Employee became my family.

I learned how to juggle 3 different things at once. I was taught how to show sympathy when customers would call in regarding their services.

Management was amazing. I worked for Verizon for 33 years. I have had so many Managers, a few debates, but resolved almost immediately.

Nothing was hard about my job. The enjoyable part of my job was getting recognized and awarded for perfect attendance.
Cons
n/a
Freedom to make your own deciscions
Sr. Consultant / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2018
Great place to work, good benefits, good work environment. They promote telecommuting. The work is interesting and fulfilling. The culture is inclusive and very diverse.
Corporate job
Supervisor of Federal Business Sales Associates (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDJanuary 12, 2018
Very competitive and fun. Great training that prepares you for various jobs. Exposure to various channels and career options. Worked here 10+ years and have learned a lot.
Great pay but very stressful
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 12, 2018
I enjoyed the benefits at Verizon but it was very stressful and only seemed to be getting worse Some of the management were not qualified to be in those positions and made the job more difficult
i enjoyed working at Verizon
SALES AND CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 12, 2018
while at Verizon, I learned a lot about the technical world. I enjoyed working there while I did, however I found a better job for me at the time, They were good to me while I worked there
Pros
discounts on phone, vacations
Cons
short breaks, upper management
Loved my job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAJanuary 12, 2018
Worked for the phone business for 30 years in various capacities.

Started as a field technician and worked up through the ranks to become a manager in various positions including.

Instructor in Outside Plant
Field Manager
Dispatch Manager
Staff Manager
Not very forward thinking
Wireline Product Manager (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 12, 2018
The company is slow to adopt technology and is always trailing other competitors in the industry. They spend a tremendous amount of money trying to enter a space, but they're always behind the first-to-launch product. There is no urgency by leadership to push into new spaces with any type of accelerated tempo. Things that don't work out the first time are often abandoned in place. The company acts like an old telecom company instead of a technology company. They are risk adverse, slow, and other than some of their offices in Silicon Valley, they are primarily outdated and stoic.
There are some few people in the company who are very, very smart and do very well; but they stay because it's easy work and they don't have to worry about work-life balance or competing for their pay.
Competive but childish mangement
lineman and splicers by going over the job details (Current Employee) –  Hopelawn, NJ 08861January 12, 2018
I loved what Verizon had to offer but the way they treated there employees that were union was not acceptable at all and especially veterans. It all depends of the location of where you work at that you will enjoy your career at verizon
They paid well
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJanuary 12, 2018
It's a decent company to work for. They have excellent benefits. It's always little bonuses you can win. The bad thing is you are constantly monitored and listened too. One wrong call and cost you your job. It was constant turnover. Myself and another guy were the only ones left after 2 years in our training class of 10.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Turnover
Productive environment good work culture
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 12, 2018
Verizon is a good company to work for as any job you are expected to meet different requirements. It can be stressful like any job but the environment is good and for the most part people have a good work ethic.
Friendships at Work
Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 12, 2018
Day started out saying hello to my manager and team members and co-workers. Everyday a new policy or sales product or repair option kept you on your toes and constantly learning on the job. Loved my managers, all of them. We all worked together and very hard to accomplish great customer service to remain #1 several years running in the wireless industry.
Pros
relationship development, workplace environment, the best people
Cons
frequent call center closures, personally moved from phoenix to irvine to sacramento in less than 11 years
. good communication
Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 12, 2018
Fast worker I catch on quick I'm always on time I'm very outgoin I'm also shy I'm welled minded like to do alot at work I'm smart I'm very outspoken .
laid back dress code
SENIOR DATA PROTECTION ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  texasJanuary 12, 2018
Laid back dress code with uptight mentality. When IBM took over the managed backup division, things digressed quickly. peers and manager was a pleasure to work for
Great place to gain experience, management, and cut throat management.
Technical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJanuary 11, 2018
Verizon Wireless is a great position if you like to be constantly watched, and don't need help with from a supervisor. I was asked why I had to go to the bathroom because of adherence. You can be fired if they do not like the way you perform. They have great benefits, and other positions are great as long as it not in the call center.
Pros
Positive environment, good benefits, good amount of paid vacation time
Cons
Poor management, no good growth opportunities, lot of job stress
manual work
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 11, 2018
had to walk all day an sell the product to the customers . make sure they are happy with the service and the products thatys offer to them. At the end of the day make all sales complete
best working envoirment
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJJanuary 11, 2018
It was way to good to work with them every day learning was the great experience, they are relay professional and hard working people, friendly environment
Verizon Wireless Call Center
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJanuary 11, 2018
Working in a Verizon Call Center can be very rewarding yet very challenging. It is a high paced quick learning environment. You have to be able to adapt to change that occurs every 3 months and even at a moments notice. Career advancement is available, but only you file the plan management gives you that they plan that yourself and management work out together.
Pros
great people and hour lunches
Cons
stuck at desk all day and off to log in and out for everything
Job provided a good life for myself and my family
Journeyman Splice Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Dracut, MAJanuary 11, 2018
Towards the end the work slowed down, the management was stagnated and the opportunities for advancement were gone. I retired because it was the right time. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the out of control favoritism, and getting a fair chance at the premium work. Seniority didn't matter
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
dealing with union contracts and going on strike without a leg to stand on
Sr. Curriculum Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Working here has been a positive experience and has helped my growth in my profession and career. The culture is fast-paced and technology driven with a focus on customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2