Verizon Employee Reviews in United States

Found 9,868 reviews matching the search
Good pay but there is no work/life balance
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 31, 2016
Good place to work for the younger generation. Retail hours are brutal for many different reasons. Co-workers are the reason individuals stay as long as they do. Management is based off micro-managing, which pushes many people away.
Pros
Perks, Benefits, Pay
Cons
Hours, Management
Old school company that doesn't care much about their employees well being
Sr. Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 14, 2015
Horrible work environment. Stuck in the 70's. Perpetual budget cuts... to the point where they stopped getting the windows cleaned. So you'd spend the day in the office not being able to see out the windows because they were murky.

Very little to no work flexibility. A friend who still works there just showed me an email from management that revoked people's ability to work from home.

Benefits are few and somewhat expensive. No profit sharing. Constant re-orgs so the opportunity to shine is barely existant.
Pros
Good company name on your resume
Cons
401K match
High expectations but great benefits
Manager - Marketing Communications (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2016
Expectation was to always give 110%. Your plate was always full with no downtime in the day. Workweeks were typically 45-50 hours or more. However, salary, bonuses, and benefits were exceptional.
Pros
great bonuses, free cell phone/tablet for work use, discount on additional lines for family members.
Cons
Expect heavy work focus and less time for personal, family, true "downtime", etc. Expected to have phone on 24/7 and always be available.
great benefits, expect to make around $1350 in commission.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 27, 2016
Good work environment. Very metric driven. Expect managers to pay close attention to your numbers and behaviors.
Great health insurance and 401K.
Sales quotas are reflective of how the store has been doing in the last 12 months. So if you're in a store with some rock star sales people, your going to have to do more to meet your quota.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Quotas go up if your store has been doing well.
Exciting and Innovative place to work
Coordinator-Customer Service & Retention Center (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 24, 2016
Friendly work environment.
Constant training and professionl development
Innovative
Great Leadership
The hardest part of my job was being attached to a phone in a cube
The most enjoyable part of my job was building relationships, professional development and flexibility.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Driven Culture with Productive Personnel
Sr Analyst & Service Delivery Escalations Mgr (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 4, 2015
Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Politics does exist, but has subsided in recent years in favor of team ethic to do right by the Customer. Management does support employees but few opportunities for vertical advancement outside of headquarter locations. The job I had lacked growth and variety.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
Few vertical growth opportunites.
Solutions Specialist
Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 4, 2015
The job is great for those fresh out of college who need skills. It is a retail position and it has all the negatives that come along with that. Work life balance was poor and compensation changed wildly depending on the month and changes to the commission structure. They will tell you that you can advance to any position in the company in a year this is not true. You can advance to assistant management in a year but often the compensation is worse there and the already bad work life balance becomes non-existent. There is no guarantee for advancement after this.
Pros
Good first job
Cons
Poor work life balance no guarantee for advancement compensation changes monthly
Very Professional with training being the top priority. Great benefits. Large company with great upward Growth.
Technical Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CASeptember 30, 2015
Verizon is a very professional large corporation that understands that it’s the employees that at the heart of the corporation. Verizon supported the success of their products by providing consistently and constant. The medical, dental, and vision benefits were standard, but the 401k and other investment benefits were above normal. Management was supported by training. There was huge growth potential in the company. Projects were always plentiful and offered to all levels of employees. I participated in any and all that I could. After being with Verizon for ten years, I was very close to my fellow coworkers. The hardest part of my job was when it ended. Our call center was moved to another state. The most enjoying aspect of my job was solving my client’s issues, the training and the camaraderie.
Pros
training and support
Exciting fast paced environment
Sr. Customer Service Rep/Pro/CRT (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 30, 2015
I have had the opportunity to evolve with the company as the company has grown. Because of its size, I have had multiple opportunities to grow. Hard work and perseverance is recognized and rewarded.
The foundation for Verizon is based on "The Credo" which emphasizes "integrity is at the core of who we are."
Pros
Excellent benefits, Great compensation, advancement was easy.
Cons
Recent reorganizations
Horrible place to work, good interim job
Telecommunications Technical Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2016
management has become disassociated with the work force. This company does not respect its workers or its customers.
The bottom line is their only concern at the expense of Pride, Quality, Loyalty, government regulations, etc.
Pros
healthcare, 401k
Great place to "root".
Senior Analyst - Business Sales Operations (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 18, 2016
No advancement, very few opportunities. Limit you as an employee. As soon as you start to earn a decent wage, they look to get you out. Sales is generally safe, but quotas are astronomic for a product that is saturated.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No work/life balance
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 29, 2015
My day as a customer service rep at Verizon consisted constantly multi-tasking. I handled customer incoming calls regarding initial service requests, explaining different service Verizon affords to their customers, resolved billing inquires and claims and followed-up for payments.

I was also project manager for implementing all phone lines for the "Jerry Lewis MDA Labor Day Telethon" for 18 years.

I also handled bankruptcies for major carriers with 100% accuracy.

I worked for Verizon Telecommunications for 36 1/2 years and was presented with numerous awards.
Pros
Excellent benefits, worked as a team with my co-workers
Cons
Honestly, I cannot think of any.
High paced, good compensation.
Manager - Operations (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 31, 2015
A high pressured company with an excessive amount of deadlines, objectives, procedures and standards. Benefits/pay are good with plenty of chances to learn and develop. A lot of opportunity to move laterally to broaden your knowledge base; however, minimum opportunity for upward mobility.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad work/life balance.
Roots in one of the Baby Bells
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 13, 2016
This was my dream job. Would still be there if my group was not downsized. I learned a great deal in the ever-changing industry of telecommunications. Having Verizon on my resume has unsolicited recruiters coming to me on a regular basis.
Pros
great benefits and pay, paid time off, sick time, some positions offer work at home as needed
Cons
company is changing direction, so it is somewhat unsettled at the moment
Top performer sales representative
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 29, 2015
Consistently in the top 10 in the district of over 200 sales reps in quota attainment. Consistently ranked number 1 in data sales in the district. Able to close sales in a timely manner in order to get to the next customer. Ensured all customers received outstanding customer service and got what they needed with a few add ons from my sales technique. Worked as a team in order to have our store ranked high. I enjoyed talking to many people.
Pros
Pay and compensation. You put in for what you get.
Cons
Advancement opportunity
Great Stepping stone
Technician Systems (Current Employee) –  Southlake, TXMarch 8, 2016
Get in and get out. The pay is the lowest in the industry but the benefits are good. You will learn a lot if you apply yourself, but it's best viewed as a stepping stone to other things. Not the place you want to hang around for many years.
Pros
3 days off per week
Cons
No lunch pay, pay is low, poor management
productive and supportive work place
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 27, 2016
Verizon is easily the best company to work for. They really care and support their employees.
Verizon has excellent benefits, a fabulous work environment, great pay, great culture. There is room for growth for those who want it. It is a challenging fun environment.
Pros
Financial and emotional support
Cons
Always busy
Unstable Industry
BAE (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 23, 2016
Great benefits but constant restructuring and comp changes makes it difficult to earn a commission. Commissions payouts continue to decrease while quotas continue to rise. No job security.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Bad management support
Excellent Pay and Benefits
Fiber Customer Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 5, 2016
Management is very helpful at guiding your career advancement. Work is call center related, and very high paced, but the pay and benefits are commensurate. The satisfaction of helping customers is the most rewarding part of the job,
Lots of lay offs
Sr. Business Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New Jersey and TexasJanuary 15, 2016
Leadership (from CEO to VPs) don't seem to have a clear picture of the direction the company wants to take. They have made a lot of acquisitions that do not generate results they anticipated and resulted into massive lay offs. Very unstable and negative job environment
Pros
salary and benefit package
Cons
Lay offs and negative job environment