Verizon
7,278 reviews

Verizon Employee Reviews

Continuous Changes
Consumer and Small Business (B2B) Supervisor (Current Employee), Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: competitive salary
Cons: stressful
Overall, Verizon has been great to me financially and advancement opportunities. Good place to work but needs more motivational direction from executive officers and directors. Needs more engagement with front line employees.
Hostile work environment, not very nice!
Sales Consultant/Call Center (Current Employee), Livingston, NJJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Great Pay with Excellent Benefits!
Cons: Slave ship with Poor management!
Very busy work environment. Not a very pleasant place to work.
Verizon mistreats there workers in a call center environment. Management sucks and needs more training, especially on how to treat there workers. Not great for single moms or people who desire to have a real LIFE.
Call Center
Tech Support for Business and Govt (Current Employee), West Valley City, UtahJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Ins benefits and flexible scheduling hours
Cons: Management and monitoring
its an ok company to work for about 3 years. take advantage of the perks and then move up, or out of the company. the company's unwritten policy feels like they will chew up people and spit them out if one does not move up the ladder fast enough, or is complacent to be at the bottom.
Great people to work with!
Operator (Former Employee), Erie, PAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers!
Cons: Moving to Greenville to finish my B.A.
This was a great work environment without a dress code.I learned more about effective searching b/c I worked as a 311 operator. I got complimented for my voice and was rated highly by customers due to my polite and professional manner and my voice was pleasant to listen to.
Overall good job
Business Account Executive (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Benefits overall compensation
Cons: stability and moving targets
Great Pay, Great Benefits. Consistently changing management and direction of focus that creates confusion for business customers. Often the biggest competition is Verizon itself. You can manage an account for years and lose sales to the retail locations due to immediate need from customer.
productive and fun worklplace
Business sales representative (Former Employee), Orangeburg, BYJuly 14, 2015
Pros: good health benefits
Cons: stress of maintaing quota
typical day at work includes, talking to customers, making sure to handle all customers needs, selling with integrity, upselling, management is a big help with being a business sales representative. managers help by making sure all customers are happy, helping with day to day operations, most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers.
Good stable job
Cable Splicing Technician (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 13, 2015
A good position for job security if you don't mind getting your hands dirty. They pay and benefits were excellent. Not much room for advancement though and with the union in place you did get a few bad apples that hurt your team.
Great company but very stressful
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Belair, MDJuly 13, 2015
Pros: exposure to technology, great opportunity to learn, advancement opportunities
Cons: Commission structure changes too often, more is required while the opportunity for compensation decreases. Unrealistic expectations during
Great opportunity for the most part, but maintaining an ethical environment becomes compromised when sales representatives make too many compromises in an attempt to succeed.
Productive and Engaging workplace
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Being away from family
Verizon Wireless is a great company to work for. There's always something going to keep employees motivated at work while taking care of business.
Good benifits, but management doesn't care
experience/ops specialists (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Outstanding benifits, awesome team
Cons: Horrible management, lackluster pay, dealing with people who are owed something for nothing and thag are flat out rude.
I worked for verizon for a year. The one thing I saw over and over was management simply does NOT care about anyone but themselves and their numbers. The team was great, the job was fun. But they always asked more from you and never wanted to pay you for it. My G.M was so vindictive and self centered on top of just flat out lying to my face about mutiple things. I complaint to HR and his boss but – more... it just fell of deft ears. After they told me to "fix it" and my job is to do "whatever I say" I had enough. For a military friendly company, I never saw room for growth or even they back pay for my military time I am still fighting for. If you want a place that thinks your just a tool to help make them more money and make you feel over worked and under paid then this is the place. If you need good benifits for a short time you would be happy here.I wouldn't make this a career, and my whole team felt the same way. – less
Great company, very fast paced.
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Lima, OHJuly 13, 2015
Verizon hires great people and you get to work with a lot of different people and personalities. Very fast paced daily schedule. Great benefit offers.
Exciting job in the technology field
SOLUTIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee), charleston, scJuly 13, 2015
Typical day starts with cash management and setting up work stations. Answering and attending to customer inquiries. I learned the importance of building positive relationships with potential customers before selling products. Management was like a revolving door where my team had new management every year. Co-workers are amazing and honest and very supportive. The hardest part of the job is the absence of home/work life balance. The most enjoyable was the paychecks as well as the rapport built with co-workers.
GTE / Verizon
Sales Account Rep, Internet Sales Manager,Trainer (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Outstanding company, great people, great management team
Cons: Only that GTE went away
GTE was an outstanding company to work for. The people, the management teams really were professional. Sales people were rewarded for reaching goals by having elaborate sales incentive trips each year all over the world. They understood what would spark a sales person to perform to the highest level. Verizon wasn't as good as GTE, but way better than the following Supermedia, Idearc, etc...etc...
Fun
Sales Representative/ Customer Service (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJuly 13, 2015
Pros: great
Cons: benefits
it was great while it lasted. Just don't get sick cause you will end up terminated I felt that management let me down. Managers helped only some employees. Training for business accounts was not good.
Productive work I environment
Southeastern Regional Account Manager (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GaJuly 13, 2015
Pros: bonus
Cons: traffic
Extremely busy work environment. I learned alot about the wireless and telecommunication business. I worked with highly motivated and driven people as I managed 20 or more employees.
Fun Workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Saint PetersJuly 13, 2015
Overall a great workplace as long as your manager is good. Benefits are great and they pay well. You can work from home in the correct position and it is moving in a great direction.
upbeat sales company great compensation
Solutions Manager (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTJuly 13, 2015
face to face customer service and sales demanding to hit sales targets. great compensation but demanding hours and very hard to balance work and life balance.
fast paced, little down time, but excellent benefits
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLJuly 12, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: unrealistic quotas, lack of personal development career development to excel in other areas in the company.
Very difficult to move up and work life balance suffers for most in my role. management is out of touch for day to day operations. Unrealistic sales quotas this last year. People that have exceeded quotas were not meeting them. When only 2 people make quota in a store, there is a problem.
Great place to learn!
Regional Sales Representative (Current Employee), Lexington, KYJuly 12, 2015
Baptist Regional was by far the best place to learn about the medical field and the new advancements in medical technology! I was a volunteer and worked in different departments for 2+ months. I was able to broaden my medical knowledge and learn about a lot of medical advancements. I also met many physicians who are still in contact with me and help me out in any way they can to help me succeed with my career goals.
Great pay and benefits
Hybrid Account Executive (Current Employee), Flagstaff, AZJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Pay and benefits as well as the ability to work anywhere.
Cons: work life balance is not always great.

About Verizon

At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, – Read more

Verizon Salaries