Verizon Employee Reviews

Found 12,263 reviews matching the search
Good Place to work for
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHMarch 22, 2017
Overall good place to work for. Hard to get the opportunity to advance. Not a good work place balance. If that can be changed, then it would be an excellent place to work. Also there needs to be more focus on the front line of the business.
Not for everyone
Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsfield, MAMarch 22, 2017
micro management, managers sit in back. Tell you to "earn the right and discover needs" but bully customer into buying $100 in accessories and a tablet or HUM while on a higher plan that is not needed. Work place culture is very middle school like with different groups. All about numbers and anything to attain those numbers, misleading and confusing customers is encouraged.Managers play favorites to reps that have higher numbers.If you have a family forget this job, no work life balance schedule is always changing and can not have a set schedule. long hours and often get stuck at work with customers and meetings. No chairs, always standing and walking around. no room for growth unless you are willing to relocate.
Pros
50% off service, discounts accessories
Cons
no work life balance, schedule changes every week, Managers just care about store numbers and coaching are all about numbers, Forced to "trick" customers into buying more products and pushing into larger plans, managers play favorites, no room for growth unless you want to relocate
The most enjoyable part of the job...
Sales Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 22, 2017
To engage the customer find out as much about their business and requirements as possible and design a solution around the best network connectivity and security in the world, that can scale, be as highly available as possible, provide business continuity and disaster recovery, is easy to manage and grow, and is based on their requirements while providing additional value from the product set at a cost that is within the company's budget.
culture bordering on unfriendly
Marketing Strategy and Analytics (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2017
Don't expect a fun culture ala Sourhwest Airlines. I found that ---depending on the group or organization ----Atmosphere can lean toward unfriendliness during internal interactions ( emails conference calls and meetings).
Pros
professionalism
Cons
less than friendly internal culture
N/a
Enterprise Revenue Assurance - Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 21, 2017
the telcom industry is not pay competitive. Different standards for salaried employee compared to non salaried employees. Not a very good place to work in my opinion
This was a very fast passed call center.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 21, 2017
This position had great pay and benefits. Personally it was too corporate for me. A very small fish in a big pond. I felt very anonymous. I lost seniority after returning from maternity leave and was not able to obtain a shift that I was able to accommodate daycare
Pros
Great pay and benifits
Cons
Very anonymous. Not friendly.
Good Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTMarch 21, 2017
Verizon taught me a lot. Its a good company to work for. Some management isn't that great. But it opened my eyes to bigger things. Liked being a key holder.
Exciting work atmosphere, excellent benefits
Experience Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORMarch 21, 2017
High expectations for all employees but rewards are commensurate with effort. Strong culture. Good incentive program. Flexible hours available but some weekend work in most positions.
Great place to work.
Data Modeler (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 21, 2017
I worked at Verizon for 30 months as a data modeler. It was a fast pace environment with weekly maintenance releases and monthly enterprise releases. The job required a self starter, and for the time period that I was there, it required long hours. Co-workers were generally friendly and supportive. Management generally leave it up to you once you have demonstrated that you can deliver projects on time.
Pros
Projects challenge you technically, which means it is a good environment to continue developing your skill set.
Cons
Long work hours
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMarch 21, 2017
Inventory count, cash management, building relationships with clients, was a great place to work lots of character building and training to keep you up to date on your job.
Aggressive sales environment, great pay and benefits
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 21, 2017
As you would expect for a call center, you're always waiting for the next call to drop from the que. Answering sometimes difficult questions as well as remembering to pitch a sale. Management was often not supportive more of an us vs them mentality, with an aggressive sales goal the culture was intense. What I enjoyed most was the different people you meet over the phone.
Pros
Great compensation and benefits
Cons
Management has an us vs them mentality
Work culture is great!
Supervisor, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMarch 21, 2017
Every month we a different theme and have fun to break up the every day routine. Flex time to shift schedule when needed to help balance work and life.
Pros
too much to write
Cons
nothing
Good while it lasted
Senior Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 21, 2017
The daily grind was nice and I learned quite a bit while I was there.

Many challenges to overcome so every day is not the same as the last.

The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job were actually the same. With those challenges every project seemed a rush, but that meant that every project offered a new hurdle to overcome.
Pros
Good pay, paid continuing education
Cons
Outsourcing
Call Center Closed
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 21, 2017
high turn around rate. micro managed and you will be over worked and never shown that your appreciated. not a supportive place to work and that's why their closing
Great company to work for!
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 21, 2017
Verizon is an awesome company to work for. I actually enjoy going to work everyday and I can not say that for every job I've had. The benefits are great!
benefits
Cons
very competitive
Great for starters
Technical Support Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTMarch 20, 2017
When working there in 2005-2010 it was great, however after transferring to different dept, things begin to change drastically.I was happy with my job until I transferred to technical support in which I begin to notice that no matter how hard I tried, it was never enough.

I always came under criticism when it came to the way I resolved customers concerns. I love customer service and I love resolving issues; however it is difficult when managment isn't supporting you or taking your concerns seriously.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Contract position
Rose International Contractor (Former Employee) –  Weldon Spring, MOMarch 20, 2017
This was a contract position with very little room for advancement. the hours were not steady and there were frequent changes in the company that they did not prepare you for
Pros
good culture
Cons
Hours and job security
Good entry job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAMarch 20, 2017
Good start for a full-time job. Hourly and commission, which put you in charge of your income. Friendly staff, very home like environment. Sales orientated , must meet goals to work there.
Pros
commission, contents
Cons
hours
great place to work
Customer service specialist (Former Employee) –  Utica, NY 13501March 20, 2017
I liked it a great deal here, the people I worked with were awesome also. Overtime was available most of the time. It's challenging work because you are dealing with customers all of the time, but if you are a people person it will be great.
Pros
pay, hours
benefits
Great company with wonderful benefits
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 20, 2017
The hardest part of the job is that it is sedimentary so you need to make sure you take your breaks and lunch to exercise.

This is a job that requires one to multi-task efficiently and effectively to do your job.
Pros
Onsite Cafe
Cons
work life balance needs improvement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Verizon. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2