Vermeer Corporation Employee Reviews

Great place to work in corporate office
EH&S Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAJune 16, 2017
this job is very rewarding and advancement is a win win. has pharmacy on cite as well as clinic. profit sharing and bonuses. ability to work from home when approved and the benefits are great
Great company, just no advancement
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Selma texasMay 31, 2017
I have so much to offer a company that can see my experience and love for customer service. I have been doing this a long time and I'm ready to run a service dept..
Productive Company with Advancement Opporitunity
Mechanical Design Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAMay 21, 2017
Vermeer Corporation is a large company that has a small-town culture. There is plenty of opportunities for advancement. The workplace seems close knit. The pay and benefits are nice, and any changes in the company finances are shared with the employees on a regular basis.
review on vermeer corpotation
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAMay 16, 2017
has a very good school for new welders and good management and good cow workers and help for workers that are struggling good part to weld with and very good safety rules
Challenging and Rewarding
Solutions Specialist-Cutting Edge (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAApril 7, 2017
A typical day in my role consists of making sales calls to dealerships, traveling to dealerships, or doing sales trainings. My job has a wide range of responsibilities ranging from occasional call center work all the way to end customer visits. Over my tenure here I have learned how to navigate through our crm system as well as how to approach customers appropriately.
Good place to work but ZERO ROOM for career growth!
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Pella, IowaApril 3, 2017
The company per se has ZERO interest in promoting their very own employees. Job postings have already someone in line with those positions. They DO NOT PROMOTE their very own employees. They would hire outsiders and non competitive applicants before they would hire the competitive ones!
Pros
On site pharmacy and clinic; Health insurance and Wellness activity.
Cons
Job career growth within the company is a FAILURE! Expect zero growth working for this company!
excellent work environment
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKMarch 1, 2017
This is a very family oriented company with excellent work hours and company advancement. They provide great benefits and pay
Good Work/Life Balance place to work for
Export Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pella, IADecember 16, 2016
Faith based, family owned company that truly cares about their people. Great benefits, room for advancement, classes to learn and grow as an employee.
Awesome Company!
Field Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Pella, IADecember 13, 2016
Great family owned company. Excellent healthcare and onsite doctor and pharmacy. I highly recommend working for them if you get the chance.
Loved it when i started
Weld Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Pella, IASeptember 20, 2016
When i started working for this company i loved it. I thought it would be the place i retired from. But a couple years later all that changed. After being diagnosed with a major health condition Vermeer tried numerous times to fired me even though i had medical excuses from work and numerous surgeries. This company says they base principles on family values. The only family they value is the family with the last name of Vermeer. Management is a joke and every manager has different rules. No consistency across the mile.
At one time it was a great place to work.
Designer (Former Employee) –  Pella, IASeptember 14, 2016
Vermeer struggles today to place proper people into the right positions, therefore it has created a poor atmosphere. Low moral has replaced the pride employees once took in their work and workplace.
Productive and fun workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAOctober 16, 2015
A typical day would start with a morning meeting and safety stretches. The next thing was to set up the area and be ready to unload our UPS shipment keeping emergency and, the next day air boxes separate and, that is what gets entered into the system first. There could be upwards of over two hundred boxes with multiple items and, that generally would last all day with the local venders bringing orders also.
There are always new things to learn. They are in the process of upgrading the whole system at this time and, they are moving some departments around to improve the work flow with the new system.
Management is typical. Everyone has rules to abide by.
Co-workers...also pretty typical...most work hard and, get along great.
The hardest part of the job would have to be when our computers would go down.
The most enjoyable part of the day, that is a hard one. The people play a big part, we are more like family than co-workers, we laugh and talk while working, help each other if needed, we do pot lucks for lunch at times, for holidays etc. . Personally I enjoy doing everything I can to make sure our customers are taken care of too. When the buzzer rings and others are leaving, I will stay (as permitted) and, do the back orders that an area may not have been able to finish.
Pros
The company in a whole.
Cons
Any cons would be normal anywhere, like stress depending on workload.
Vermeer
Welder (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAAugust 30, 2015
Good place to work if you can handle mandatory saturdays. The pay is very good. They do give you a lot of time off for the holidays.
Leading edge company
ECN coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pella, IADecember 8, 2014
Great family owned company with family core values with biblical philosophies. strong market share in key product lines world wide.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Factory offices need updating
Great vision but....
Safety Technician (Current Employee) –  Pella, IAJune 30, 2014
... troubles getting it done and making it happen in effectively.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vermeer Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2