This position provides accounting and human resource support to ensure accurate reporting and appropriate internal control procedures as required by law, general accepted accounting principles (GAAP), donors and the Board of Directors.
The position will perform:
-prepaid expenses reconcilation,
-assist in budget preparation and entry
-monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting and
This role will also be the staff liaison for all building maintenance coordination and benefits and payroll related administration and will periodically provide back up for grants entry posting and grant check preparation.
Description of Duties
- Responsible for all vendor payables and related work from the Foundation including:
collect, code, post Accounts Payable/Expense reports to general ledger weekly.
Generate checks and file payables every week and as scheduled for special project
runs. Ensure expenses are in compliance with Foundation policy and annual budget.
Manage credit card processing, including coding for staff, general ledger entry, and
payment. Reconcile FIMS database payables module to GL quarterly. Prepare and
mail 1099’s by January 31st for the previous year. Send 1099 information to IRS by
- Book prepaid expenses and prepaid insurance to GL on a quarterly basis andm reconcile to GL.
- Reconcile petty cash quarterly and record entries as necessary.
- Reconcile and allocate postage quarterly.
- Assist in month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing.
- Record Cash Receipts into GL system.
- Assist in annual budget process and enter budgets for all organizations into FIMS.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly budget reports and assist in the budget to actual analysis.
- Provide back up for mail, daily deposit, grants posting, and grant checks.
- Responsible for the administration and management of payroll and benefit accounting for the Foundation and its supporting organizations. Includes processing of payroll on a bi-weekly basis, general ledger posting, taxes, benefits, retirement, and year-end adjustments to ensure complete, accurate W-2 reporting. Reconciles to general ledger regularly.
- Ensure compliance with applicable labor and employment laws and reporting requirements. Responsible for responding to national salary and benefit surveys as deemed appropriate. Maintain employee files with required segregation of documentation.
- Reconcile and book benefit related activity, including but not limited to CTO, flex, accruals etc. on a quarterly basis. Maintain and book HRA deposits, claims, and balance summary.
- Responsible for renewing, maintaining, and shopping all health insurance and ensure compliance with applicable laws and current standards and administer Foundation insurance policies and practices.
- Coordinate with the third party administrator for the Section 125 plan.
- Update personnel handbook as required.
- Set up phones, voicemail, and scan accounts for new employees.
- Order office supplies as needed.
- Assist in the maintenance of the phone, fax, scanner, printer, copier, and voicemail equipment.
- Assist in the planning, procedures and maintenance of record storage including shredding, logging, and updating document retention policies.
- Administer voicemail system, including automated message assignment for holidays and office closures.
- Process accounts payable, credit card bills, and appropriate reports as required.
- Prepare timely and accurate reconciliations.
- Provide maximum use of integrated accounting and database software.
- Prepare and enter journal entries from a variety of source data.
- Maintain work papers for general ledger entries.
- Prepare timely and accurate FIMS reports to excel for the operating fund and special projects.
- Contribute to audit preparation.
- Assist in budget preparation and monthly and quarterly analysis.
- Administer payroll and benefits and record the final general ledger entries.
- Participate in human resource policy meetings and update human resources policies and procedures manual.
- Perform other finance and operations related duties as requested.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Previous accounting experience.
- Superb analytical and problem solving skills.
- Mastery of computerized spreadsheets and accounting packages.
- Ability to prioritize and ask clarifying questions when needed.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- High degree of personal and professional integrity.
- Ability to engage in self-observation and improvement.
- Ability to give and receive feedback.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work overtime during peak times such as quarter end, year end and other peak times.
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Community foundation experience.
- Fund accounting.
- Nonprofit experience.
Please provide cover letter and resume.
The Vermont Community Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, age, marital or civil union status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, place of birth, citizenship, military or veteran status, HIV status, genetic information, disability or any other legally protected status as defined and required by state and federal laws._
Indeed - 2 years ago
The Vermont Community Foundation is a family of hundreds of funds and foundations established by Vermonters to serve their charitable goals....