This position assists the development department with the daily operations of the Foodbank including but not limited to: data entry procedures for gifts; reporting and reconciliation; donor acknowledgements; related clerical, record keeping, and volunteer outreach. The development coordinator interacts frequently with donors, volunteers, and staff members in the daily operations of the Foodbank. A high level of quality customer service combined with accuracy, tact, and diplomacy are necessary.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work cooperatively with staff and volunteers to support the mission and goals of the Foodbank.
- Document and maintain a policy and procedure manual relative to the work of the development coordinator.
- Perform all necessary activities related to daily donations including, in-house, gift in-kind, matching donations, online and lockbox procedures and assure prompt (48 hours) acknowledgement of those gifts.
- Perform duties related to credit card donations including monthly reconciliation.
- Perform accurate data entry, report generation, tracking of returned appeals, newsletters and acknowledgments and all other aspects of the database function.
- Maintain competence in Raiser’s Edge through in-house training and outside sources.
- Provide backup for Annual Fund Manager in direct mail and other mailing projects.
- Assist with editing mail materials and planning of direct mail strategy.
- Coordinate a comprehensive statewide program for volunteer recruitment, orientation, placement, training, management, and recognition.
- Cultivate relationships with individual, civic groups and corporations to garner additional volunteers to assist and enhance the work of the Foodbank.
- Coordinate volunteer outreach at tabling events, speaking engagements, organization tours and visits for ambassadors and development staff to attend.
- Develop and maintain a manual of volunteer policies, procedures and intake/exit procedures.
- Oversee the maintenance of the volunteer database.
- Generate agency credit reports upon request.
- Inventory and order letterhead and other paper products for the development department.
- Balance bank statement with development department donation records.
- Prepare bank deposit and deliver deposit to bank.
- Provide Foodbank tours as needed for visitors or volunteers.
- Provide telephone backup and assistance with lobby activity as needed.
Some night and weekend work is required.
A complete job description is available upon request.
Send applications & job resume by February 15, 2013
The Vermont Foodbank is an EOE
The mission of the Vermont Foodbank is to gather and share quality food and nurture partnerships so that no one in Vermont will go hungry.