This position assists the development department with the daily operations of the Foodbank including but not limited to: data entry procedures for gifts; reporting and reconciliation; donor acknowledgements; related clerical, record keeping, and volunteer outreach. The development coordinator interacts frequently with donors, volunteers, and staff members in the daily operations of the Foodbank. A high level of quality customer service combined with accuracy, tact, and diplomacy are necessary.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Work cooperatively with staff and volunteers to support the mission and goals of the Foodbank.
- Document and maintain a policy and procedure manual relative to the work of the development coordinator.
- Perform all necessary activities related to daily donations including, in-house, gift in-kind, matching donations, online and lockbox procedures and assure prompt (48 hours) acknowledgement of those gifts.
- Perform duties related to credit card donations including monthly reconciliation.
- Perform accurate data entry, report generation, tracking of returned appeals, newsletters and acknowledgments and all other aspects of the database function.
- Maintain competence in Raiser’s Edge through in-house training and outside sources.
- Provide backup for Annual Fund Manager in direct mail and other mailing projects.
- Assist with editing mail materials and planning of direct mail strategy.
- Coordinate a comprehensive statewide program for volunteer recruitment, orientation, placement, training, management, and recognition.
- Cultivate relationships with individual, civic groups and corporations to garner additional volunteers to assist and enhance the work of the Foodbank.
- Coordinate volunteer outreach at tabling events, speaking engagements, organization tours and visits for ambassadors and development staff to attend.
- Develop and maintain a manual of volunteer policies, procedures and intake/exit procedures.
- Oversee the maintenance of the volunteer database.
- Generate agency credit reports upon request.
- Inventory and order letterhead and other paper products for the development department.
- Balance bank statement with development department donation records.
- Prepare bank deposit and deliver deposit to bank.
- Provide Foodbank tours as needed for visitors or volunteers.
- Provide telephone backup and assistance with lobby activity as needed.
Some night and weekend work is required.
A complete job description is available upon request.
Send applications & job resume by February 15, 2013
The Vermont Foodbank is an EOE
Indeed - 17 months ago