Veros Credit Employee Reviews

Great company for career
Collections Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 3, 2017
I enjoy everyday working at Veros. It's been a huge learning experience working here for last 3 years. We have grown and changed our process for the better and it's made our jobs more enjoyable. Company is very focused on adapting to technology and growing.
Pros
Great future
Cons
Hope it doesn't get too big, perfect size and culture right now
September 20, 2017

We really appreciate your feedback and are so happy to hear that the new technology we've invested in is making a positive impact! Thanks for taking the time to post a review!

collections
collections (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 31, 2017
Nice place to work no room to advance

big turnover most of the mangers are really nice and very helpful

they just need to promote more within and have more fun contests
September 20, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to post a review! Veros Credit truly believes in encouraging professional growth and in promoting from within so we're sorry to hear that hasn't been your experience. Our management team and HR has an open door policy and we hope you'll reach out to us so we can have the opportunity to address your concerns.

Great company with long term plan
Loan Servicing Representative (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 28, 2017
Been working here for few years and have move up already and learned many functions. People here are great and easy going, but they are goal oriented and strive to excel every month.
Pros
great place for long term
Cons
company is growing but doesnt want to be too big
June 7, 2017

Congrats on moving up! Veros Credit truly believes in encouraging professional growth and success by investing in comprehensive training and by promoting from within. Thanks for taking the time to post a review!

fun place to work
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 20, 2017
every end of month we had free lunch. I like Veros due to the fact that I learned how to fund here starting from data entry. Which I'm thankful for. also worked with great people
Pros
free lunch
Cons
shorts break
March 22, 2017

That's great to hear! Thanks for taking the time to post a review!

unstable across the board! High turnover
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 21, 2016
This company is a joke from top to bottom!
They want to compete with higher tier banks yet dont want to step up and be competitive with the rest of banks out there!
They will hire you on with a decent pay plan and scaling guarantee then when the numbers aren't met or reached will blame YOU for not bringing in those unrealistic numbers!
300 loans funded on a good month for that size of company is a joke! The process is a disaster and there is NO uniformity to anything!
The people running this company are hard headed, and not open to any suggestions coming from their lack luster branches....
Pros
Decent pay, until it lasts
Cons
NO stability, NO leadership, NO real future
January 19, 2017

Our compensation package is designed to be one of the most competitive in the industry and there is no cap so potential is unlimited.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with Veros Credit was not a positive one. Our management team and HR has an open door policy and we wish we could have had the opportunity to address your concerns while you were still with us. Best wishes!

Great career choice
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 19, 2016
Started working for Veros 2 years ago is sales. At the beginning, they had some struggles with their national expansion but now things are much better and their decisions are strong and funding is fast. Management team has done a great job securing select business and expanding in the right markets.
Pros
Experienced management team, benefits are beyond great and compensation is one of the highest in the industry
Cons
Slow to expand in every state, but once they commit to a state they stay.
January 19, 2017

We appreciate the feedback, thanks for taking the time to post a review!

Good
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 8, 2016
Good company with great teamwork. Excellent tools provided to get job done. Very adaptable to change and market conditions. Would refer friends to this company.
January 19, 2017

That's great to hear! Thanks for taking the time to post a review!

A Good Company
Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 27, 2016
Management really makes the effort to make every employee feel like part of a family.The benefits are good, better than most companies I've worked for in the past. They also try to make it fun to come to work with all the little contests and prizes that they have each month.
Pros
Good benefits and a free lunch every month!
Cons
Some processes need to be streamlined and more efficient.

Sink or Swim
Internal Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 31, 2016
Made a minimum of 50 calls per day, managed a dealer portfolio of 140 independently owned stores that targeted high credit risk applicants with aged collateral, high mileage. Very diverse of all race, religion, age and all different backgrounds was the most enjoyable part of the job and last but not least making money!
Pros
Self Managed
Cons
New nationwide program in discount lending
Good Work place
document control (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 29, 2015
You always stay busy always got something to do. But its a very passive mood at the office. Mangers are very nice with the employees.
A job
Document Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  2333 N. Broadway, Santa Ana, CA 92706December 17, 2015
A typical day is to work my excel spreadsheet to reduce the amount of outstanding vehicle registration. Call on dealers who have registrations that are due in accordance to agreement. The challenging part of my job was the research, however gratifying once resolved.

What i did not like about the company was how they (mgr's) showed favoritism towards certain employees.
Pros
free month end lunches
January 19, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! At Veros Credit, we truly believe that listening to feedback from our employees, and acting upon it, is the key to ensuring that we keep our employees happy. We wish we could have had the opportunity to address your concerns while you were still with us. Best wishes!

Not a good start
Senior Funder (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 16, 2015
Accepted a position for the promise of opportunities. Management plays the role like they care about you and will never provide feedback on your performance. The funding process is tedious and changes daily. This causes a lack of communication from the approval to the back end. Company will fire you without hesitation and will never provide you with a valid reason. Management has no form of structure so do not expect any career pathing or development. You are a number and expected to produce, if your numbers drop, consider your job gone.

Not every company is bad, Im sure plenty of employees here enjoy thier position here. This is just my personal experience, but I have never seen a company with no regard to its employees. There one day gone the next.
Pros
the associates
Cons
horrible managers
You would never guess they've been around for 15 years
finance (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 6, 2015
This company has way too many hands involved in their process. They could care less if you spin your wheels on files that should have never made it in house in the first place. On any given day, you could be expected to adjust to 12 - 43 different changes via 12 - 43 separate emails without any warning in advance. Everyone passes the buck, Only a handful of employees hold themselves accountable. Only a handful of employees even remotely understand how to provide customers and what they can an cannot say to the public. There is a lack of training to say the least. Working in this environment would cut 15 years off of your life. Thanks for setting me free.
Management lacks experience and integrity
Finance (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 23, 2015
The company needs to invest more time in training new hires specially when those come in with little or no experience. I seen my former and immediate supervisor dismiss/terminate employees as soon as she became annoyed and frustrated with them and all due to their lack of knowledge or experience. Also after working for almost 3 years for this company I can honestly say that the dynamic has changed tremendously and unfortunately not for the better. Tax season is their peek and they usually hire around that time but then soon after employees start to be terminated or definitely around the holidays.
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
Management lacks experience in the business
productive, good office atmosphere.
Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las VegasSeptember 23, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was my colleagues and learning from them. There was a variety in what had to be done each day, tasks to new projects that were challenging and excited.
Pros
month end free lunch, all about family.
Cons
busy no breaks, health benifit rates not affordable.
New start up company q
Area Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 9, 2015
My review is that they were inconsistency on management decisions and not family oriented. Also I think there was a communication error on expectations between management and employees
Lack of organization, leadership, passion and consistancy
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 29, 2015
Company seems to have operated well at the branch level for many years. Doesnt seem organized enough for an outside sales model. There is little or no leadership or accoutability. Lots of nepatism which results in a frustrating work enviroment. Employees seem to leave faster than they can hire. From a program side it WAS pretty good until recent changes made it non relavant. Sales force taking a big pay cut because of lack of incoming deals.
Pros
Pay plan is good if they start buying again
Cons
over reacts to field issues and makes frequent program changes, Doesnt seem to care about losing good dealers, Doesnt honor call backs when the buyers make a mistake.
A Great Oppurtunity
Area Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 27, 2015
Veros is in a growth mode. They are in the process of a national expansion. This creates a challenging work environment with lots of opportunities. There is room for advancement. If you work hard you can make a lot of money. My co-workers are some very talented professionals.The years of combined leadership has this company going in the right direction. Managers are always there if I have questions.
Pros
Co-workers
great place of employment
Asset Recovery Specialist / 60+ collector (Former Employee) –  santa anaMarch 25, 2015
Back end collections dept was a great team of individual that got the job done.
the most enjoyable part of my job was the ability to assist customers and get them back into their vehicles.
High turnover, poor office support
Area Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 30, 2014
Company is trying to grow , but high turnover and lack of stability make it a tough sell. The product is average at best and the underwriting and funding is painful. There are better options out there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veros Credit. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9