Electro Mechanical Product Engineer
Challenging and exciting opportunity as an Electro-Mechanical Product Engineer with a major pneumatic valve manufacturer, based in NJ. We are seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual to design, lead, and support the existing products as well as the development of new products.
Hands on experience in Electrical and Mechanical principles required.
Project leadership includes test and development of electrical components for pneumatic valves.
Designing products to industry and agency (UL, CSA and European) standards.
Preparing reports to document the results of design studies, trade studies, failure analyses, and test programs.
Evaluating field problems and recommend design changes.
Provide technical assistance to manufacturing and troubleshooting production problems.
Work with other departments to coordinate design and engineering documentation releases.
Manage projects and be responsible for project schedules and ensuring deadlines are always met.
Explore new avenues to expedite time to market and improve the New Product Development process.
Required Skills and Experience for the Electro-Mechanical Product Engineer:
1. Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
2. 3-5 years of experience in designing and developing electromagnetic solenoids (for valves a big plus).
3. Working knowledge of CAD systems.
4. Working knowledge of manufacturing processes and capabilities.
5. Familiar with North American or European industry standards (i.e. UL, CSA, ATEX, IECEx, etc.)
6. Problem solving
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package including 401k and tuition reimbursement program.