VERSCEND TECHNOLOGIES Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work if they had better team leads.
Healthcare (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 27, 2018
Poor management. Give too much power to the team leads. Some team leads get irritated if you challenge what your being told even if your right. Team leads are not held to the same attendance accountability. Your not allowed to have your phone's but team leads are and they can listen to music or text or do whatever. LIKE THEY CANT CAPTURE CLIENTS INFORMATION.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Management.
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 24, 2018
My time at Verscend was a seven-month-contract. I would have stayed on longer if they had the budget to hire me. There were some internal organization, processes, etc. that are not established; some parts of the job were "learning by doing." However, the staff is amazing and were always willing to answer questions. I would go back for sure.
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
Only a contract position
Company in peril
Record Retrieval Special Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJanuary 19, 2018
Since the acquisition of the company by Veritas Capital, the management has been consistently hired from the outside, making advancement impossible and knowledge of the job at hand rest with employees that are not being retained due to lack of decent pay.
Pros
Free Soda and Coffee
Cons
Everything Else
Good company
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 2, 2018
Company is a high achiever in client services, payment accuracy, and fraud. This organization has multiple location nationwide and an office located in Nepal.
Not valued
HCC Medical Coder (remote) (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 21, 2017
Excited to join company initially, told would have flexible schedule. Strict shift schedule with no option to flex. Encouraged to skip lunch breaks. Poorly informed training with inconsistent feedback. Incredibly and unnecessarily repetitive assignments.
Pros
work from home
Cons
strict schedule, micromanaged, repetitive
Records Retrieval Agent Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTNovember 5, 2017
The place was fine. The work could get very tedious but that was alright for the place. They do not know how to judge someone's work when they have been working there for months though and are very quick to punish someone when they do something wrong.
Great experience at Verscend Technologies
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 2, 2017
Overall, Verscend was a great place to work. Great benefits, good pay, friendly atmosphere and good culture. Most, if not all good things to say about the company and the leadership team.
Overall good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTNovember 2, 2017
I worked in the law department for Verscend Technologies and was able to pick my own schedule Monday-Friday as long as I worked 8 hrs a day 40hrs a week. Overall it’s one of the better call centers to work out. You place outbound calls to medical facilities in order to obtain medical/billing records for law suits.
Very interesting work and a fun friendly atmosphere
Product delivery (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 1, 2017
I've really enjoyed working here. The work is a very interesting blend of big data, technology, and healthcare process. Analytic offerings are cutting edge and give team members a chance to grow and learn.
Pros
Collegial atmosphere, cool technology, fun place to work
Productive, a good place to work and set high goals to acheive.
Records Retrieval Agent (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTOctober 3, 2017
Work is fast-paced and I enjoy keeping busy so that worked for me. I learned better customer service skills and how to research information needed to complete assignments. Verscend is a fun place and there are many good activites planned and promoted. We are encouraged to achieve personally and as a team.
Sometimes calls can be frustrating as the search for records can be a puzzle to be solved. The best part is interacting with the different office personnel on calls in a positive way and when the puzzle you are working on is solved! It is a great feeling of accomplishment.
Pros
Free lunches. good benfits, good atmosphere and great supervisor.
Stressful daily production quotas
Coding Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 19, 2017
A typical workday includes coding several patient charts to meet a production quota. Threat of performance improvement plan if quotas not met even if quality of work is above 95%.
Pros
generous pto/holidays
Cons
high production quotas
Some areas are great, peer group was great however everyone is overworked.
Director of Client Operations (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 14, 2017
There is a lot of turnover, no back fills in some positions which makes it hard for employees to have a balanced work life.The products need some updates. The company if new as a "One" Company which can be challenging for more integrated projects or supporting clients.
Office is full of high school like drama
Records Retrieval Agent (Former Employee) –  Ephraim, UTAugust 21, 2017
Great job, great pay, great benefits. Most of the job is great, but the office has a very big drama problem, making it seem like you're in high school.
the most relaxing and fun place to work at
Network Operations Engineer (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJuly 31, 2017
Day starts with a team meeting about where we stand in our project. Most relaxed and fun environment to work at with team consisting of 8 members who make sure you feel good and help you out with every minute things. Project manager is more jovial and makes sure you are calm and relaxed with his quick one liners and pranks, at the same time getting the output he needs from his team. Team lead is the most chilled out person you can ever expect to be with immense knowledge about the networking stuff and taking his time out from his hectic schedule to explain you things which are way more complexed in a simple way.
Pros
friendly environment
Verscend is an amazing company and a great career
Record Retrieval Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ephraim, UTJuly 1, 2017
I have read all the negative reviews and I am currently employed with verscend. This is a telecommunications company. You call and retrieve medical records. In order to retrieve people's medical records and protect the patient the providers the client the company and employees the company has a through back ground check completed before training new employees and have set security measures. You must use ur individual key to get in ea room, and your calls are recorded as well as your computer screen. The key tells them where you are, there are security camaras, no bags allowed, and no electronic devices allowed. All of this is to protect everyone. Your dealing with people's private and identifying information and I am grateful the company takes every precaution to protect the patients identity the computers and call recordings keeps people honest and protects the employee from accusations. Matrices and goal setting holds employees accountable and pushes them to be productive. Your paid to be on the phone bringing in records not to visit with your co-workers or to be on your social network or playing computer games. Your paid to do a job and the metrics hold you accountable to your job. The goals help your grow and advance in your career. This job isn't right for someone who doesn't want to grow and develop skills. It's not like telemarketing jobs that needs spot fillers and will hire anyone. It's not for someone who is lazy and not driven. I am sorry but every job measures and analyzes their employees. They will go out of business paying someone to do nothing. The company would  more... go bankrupt otherwise. So those complaining about the metrics and about their calls and computer screens being recorded are being unrealistic and dishonest. If your doing what your paid to do then you should have no problem with meeting metrics and goals. This job is amazing and fun. I am grateful for the security and I am grateful for the weekly evaluation with my supervisor. We are able to listen to my calls and see what I am doing on my screen so we can identify my strengths and weaknesses so I can know what I am doing right and so I can turn my weakness into strengths. These meetings help me grow build new skills and advance in the company. Those of you complaining about actually having to do your job being held accountable and the security measures taken to keep everyone involved protected and honest this company is not just offering you a job. The company is offering a career and maybe that's something your not ready for. Thank you Verscend I love my job the employees the leads the environment and dynamics. I love building my career and I am grateful for the processes used to help my grow and advance my career.  less
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Free Soda, Free Coffee, FreeLunch on WEDNESDAY, Dyamics, Secure, G
Cons
You have to be 18 and graduated with ged or diploma to work there
Avoid this place at all costs!
Retrieval agent (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 30, 2017
At first I loved working here! Everyone was so nice! Then once you have been here for a while they criticize everything you do. I felt like they were working the agents into the ground. Not to mention, they watch every last thing you do. They can see what is on your screen at all times, they track how much time you spend away from your desk to go to the bathroom. I was there for over a year and I got a .20 cent per hour raise. I would avoid this place.. you are just a number to them.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
You are always being watched, treated like a child
Horrible Management
Retrieval Agent (Former Employee) –  Ephraim, UTMay 30, 2017
This company has horrible judgement of character when it comes to choosing management and team leads. There is no positive feedback, just negative. There is no room for advancement. One team lead stated "if I don't like someone, I'll do whatever I can to get them fired", regardless if that employee is a hard worker. They set metrics and treat you as if you are in preschool. They monitor your bathroom schedule. Horrible place to work. Horrible management. However, I did meet some great people.
Pros
Honestly, only pro is the benefits
Cons
Management is awful
Great management
HEDIS Abstraction, HEDIS OR/QA, RN (Former Employee) –  Work at homeMay 25, 2017
Great management team for seasonal HEDIS project. Superior training program. Unfortunately it only lasts for a couple months at the first of the year.
Loved the culture. Management was a joke.
Product Owner/Software Analyst ll/Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMay 21, 2017
Management is a joke. They have no idea what each person does each day and what they contribute. Yearly reviews were also a joke and upper magmt was the only ones to get a descent raise, while the ones that put in the real work hardly average a 1% raise. Constant turnover and unhappy employees.
However my peers were so fun and approachable. Great team.
Pros
Break room with free soda.
Pretty much a Call Center
Records Retrieval Agent (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 18, 2017
Management was terrible. They claim they are not a call center, but they have all of the call center software and treat you like a call center with the goals they set. Calls are constantly being graded, and computer screens are monitored. They make promises they don't keep, and there isn't a lot of follow through with management. This company is more like a Concentration Camp than it is a real company.
Pros
Coworkers are usually nice
Cons
They are a Call Center, Management needs improvement, Read the Review