Vertex Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work!!
Account Receivable Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2015
This is a great job, I would have definitely retired from this company. A great work environment, great compensation. The management needs a little work. The overall company cares for its employees and compensates well for the work invested into the company.
Superior Team environment
Lead QA Test Analyst (Former Employee), Bend, ORJuly 6, 2015
I have worked with many cross-functional teams, but the team put in place by Vertex was exceptional. The support and knowledge transfer made Vertex a quality place to work.
Excellent Consulting Firm
Multi Media Assistant/Assistant Producer (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 15, 2015
Pros: Great work location; excellent benefits package
Cons: Instability in contractual agreement which resulted in unemployment
Vertex Solutions provided me a stable work environment at a good location. This position afforded me many opportunities to learn and grow in the field of communications. After two years, the office contract was dismissed.
Welcome To A Dead End Career
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJune 7, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Overtime
Cons: Long hours, raises aren't worth it, management sucks, no advancement
Vertex is a company that is not for their employees. If you have children or an outside life you can just kiss that all goodbye. You are scheduled to work a normal 8 hour shift, but if weather or the call volume permits your shift goes to a MANDATORY 12 hour shift. Oooohh and management just loves to tell you that 20-30 minutes before your shift ends. Pay raise is 1% and there is no room for advancement. Oh, well, if you are at the corporate office maybe, but if you're in Richardson you can hold your breath before that happens. The employees are awesome people and really give 100% of themselves for $.06 at the end of the quarter. If they actually showed their employees they appreciated them the company may actually do a lot better.
Fun, Very Envolved, and Caring place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Scottsbluff, NEJune 2, 2015
A typical day at work, is never really typical, there is always something going on like contests, BINGO, pot luck dinners, and different things to help employees in need.
I have learned a lot by working here. I have learned that people actually do care about you and they are willing to help you if its needed.
Management is great! My particular manager really cares about her team mates and makes – more... sure she does everything in her power to make us feel welcomed and not afraid to ask for help.
The hardest part of my job is the occasional angry customer that feels he needs to vent on you, but honestly I have been here almost a year and I have had maybe 3 irate customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that at the end of the day I am going to go home and I'm not going to be exhausted from running all over to help customers. – less
call center feel
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee), Uniontown, PAMay 30, 2015
Pros: 4 day work week
Cons: the schedule is given out on a 2 week basis unable to plan ahead
The job started with working with the company and turned into working in a call center. some of the requirements that you had to meet kept changing on a weekly and daily basis
Great co-workers
Project Manager/ Senior Business (Former Employee), Bend, ORMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great client relationships
Cons: Management does not care about employees
Employees dedicated to the clients. Management considers employees as commodity. Co-workers are top notch professionals.
Productive and fun
Coop (Operational Data Analyst) (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 5, 2015
It is a great company to grow and learn more in the healthcare industry. It was great collaborating with various departments.
this was a contract position and there is very little job security.
Application Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 14, 2015
Pros: Workking as a consultant pays well and the applications change with a change in client. \
Cons: Very little security.
No fault of the company, but working as a consultant has very little job security.

There very little contact with Vertex. Most of the contact was with the client at their site. I've never worked for a client that treated me as anything other than an employee. I've never run into a bad client.
NO CONSIDERATION FOR EMLPOYEES
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: ok pay
Cons: not flexible, no employee support, horrible training and management, unprofessional senior managment
THIS PLACE IS LIKE PRISON BUT WITH PAY, YOU ARE FORCED TO WORK ALL DAY BECAUSE THEY MANDATE OT LAST MINUTE, THEY HAVE NO CARES FOR YOUR PERSONAL LIFE, FUNERALS, SICKNESS, CAR ACCIDENT, THEY WILL WRITE YOU UP FOR MISSING A DAY EVEN IF YOU HAVE AN EXCUSE NOTE OR I HAD A DEATH IN THE FAMILY AND THEY GAVE ME A WRITE UP AND A SUCK IT UP SPEECH, I KNW ATTENDANCE IS IMPORTANT BUT BEING HUMAN LIFE HAPPENS, THIS IS NOT A PLACE YOU WANT TO SETTLE DOWN AT, DONT LET THE PAY FOOL YOU!!!!
ok place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee), Smithfield, PADecember 27, 2014
I learned a lot, I will never go back. You will never get anywhere. The never give raises. They like to treat you like you are in a daycare with all the games and prized that you never get to win unless you are one of the same people who can hit targets that only very few can.
Good Company to work for
Customer Service Team Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee), Scottsbluff, NEOctober 11, 2014
Pros: windows to advance
Cons: could not transfer from ne office to tx office
Vertex is a family orient work place. Great people. Always wanted to come to work.
A great fun traveling to these sites
Regional Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee), Coralville, IASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: love doing the assigned task
Cons: a little bit frustrated when some sites are far behind schedule
Ask if there are any new subjects
Ask if there has been any AE or SAE
Do my source document verification
Go through the regulationary binder
Perfrom drug accountability
And lastly, meet the PI and Research Coordinator to discuss my findings.
GOOD PAY
Administration Assistant (Former Employee), TexasJuly 30, 2014
Pros: incentices
Cons: too far from home
This company provided a lot over time with a lot of incentives.
Friendly environment
Desktop Support - Contractor, Experis (Former Employee), Smithfield, PAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: non
Enjoyed working at Vertex. People were great, and environment was fun and friendly.
Good place to work until layoff
Draftsman/Designer (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 14, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: layoff
I liked working for the company, it was a great place to work with challenging job assignments.
The staff was very courteous i only dealt with them sparcely being that i worked in Fresh Direct, Other than minor glitchs im greatful.
Picker (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 16, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: missing pay on checks and communication with vertex
I arrived at fresh direct on my shifts on time and prepared. I dealt with the managers there often so I considered them my managers and I was blessed enough to receive a recommendation from a manager who later on moved on to a different job. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with being that they were Spanish I started to learn Spanish to join the culture.
I enjoyed working with the team.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 5, 2014
On an average day we would assist callers with questions about their gas bill and set up arrangements if needed. The company was based out of Georgia so there are different plans customers may be elgible for based off of their credit. We would discuss these plan options with the customers. We processed payments for their bills and checked their gas consumption for accuracy.

I learned Georgia's way of distributing their gas.

I worked with a great team. We helped each other through difficult work related issues to better assist the customers.

The hardest part of the job was having to deal with emotional people who simply couldn't afford the gas during the colder months.

I enjoyed working with the team. They taught me a lot in a short period of time.
Great job place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 27, 2014
Pros: free pizza or other lunch bought by manager
Cons: more flexibility with schedule
Needed more flexibility with schedule.
Benefits were a bit on high side
Hourly wage could be higher to start

Some Customers would be rude when they heard the deposit amount
I learned to mutli-task with several software
Co-workers were polite
Hardest part of job was telling a customer they were not eligible to receive gas from this company.

Pitch-ins were the most enjoyable time I had there
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Smithfield, PAApril 10, 2014
Pros: pay, overtime, close to home
Cons: management
Enjoyed my day answering the phones and helping customers with their questions and problems. Problems when Columbia Gas outsources to Vertex, an English Call Center company. Their management skills were about # not people.