Vertex Employee Reviews in United States

Flexible work hours, work-at-home, great peer group
GIS Researcher (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, PAApril 14, 2016
The flexibility of the work hours, as well as the work-at-home policy provided a great opportunity to enable one to schedule outside activities, not related to work; i.e.; I worked from 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM and still had time to schedule appointments, or other activities for family and friends.

My peers were really appreciated - we would work together in an atmosphere of being able to share information that one product group could inform another group without additional/extra telephone calling for a particular product information.
Pros
Great Culture, Flexible
Cons
Promotions, especially for woman
great coworkers and good work enviroments
Lead Carpenter (Current Employee) –  different jobsitesMarch 26, 2016
Good to have a job where you can come into a job site with no work completed on site, and see the job through to completion. Sense of satisfaction of work and pride is something that a salary is hard to equal
Pros
Meeting and working with new individuals on job sites. Challanges of new scope of work
Cons
some job sites are several hours away, high stress associated with completing deadlines with an understaffed operation
Contractor
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 1, 2015
I worked as contractor for Vertex...The group I worked in was a fairly new group. The manager was not very informative and it was a good group to work in.
Productive work day
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, PASeptember 15, 2015
Days can be very hectic here, but i absolutely loved the people i worked with! They Reps are great! I wish sometimes there was more consistency at times.
Great Place To Work!!
Account Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2015
This is a great job, I would have definitely retired from this company. A great work environment, great compensation. The management needs a little work. The overall company cares for its employees and compensates well for the work invested into the company.
Superior Team environment
Lead QA Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJuly 6, 2015
I have worked with many cross-functional teams, but the team put in place by Vertex was exceptional. The support and knowledge transfer made Vertex a quality place to work.
Excellent Consulting Firm
Multi Media Assistant/Assistant Producer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 15, 2015
Vertex Solutions provided me a stable work environment at a good location. This position afforded me many opportunities to learn and grow in the field of communications. After two years, the office contract was dismissed.
Pros
Great work location; excellent benefits package
Cons
Instability in contractual agreement which resulted in unemployment
Welcome To A Dead End Career
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 7, 2015
Vertex is a company that is not for their employees. If you have children or an outside life you can just kiss that all goodbye. You are scheduled to work a normal 8 hour shift, but if weather or the call volume permits your shift goes to a MANDATORY 12 hour shift. Oooohh and management just loves to tell you that 20-30 minutes before your shift ends. Pay raise is 1% and there is no room for advancement. Oh, well, if you are at the corporate office maybe, but if you're in Richardson you can hold your breath before that happens. The employees are awesome people and really give 100% of themselves for $.06 at the end of the quarter. If they actually showed their employees they appreciated them the company may actually do a lot better.
Pros
Benefits, Overtime
Cons
Long hours, raises aren't worth it, management sucks, no advancement
Fun, Very Envolved, and Caring place to work
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEJune 2, 2015
A typical day at work, is never really typical, there is always something going on like contests, BINGO, pot luck dinners, and different things to help employees in need.
I have learned a lot by working here. I have learned that people actually do care about you and they are willing to help you if its needed.
Management is great! My particular manager really cares about her team mates and makes sure she does everything in her power to make us feel welcomed and not afraid to ask for help.
The hardest part of my job is the occasional angry customer that feels he needs to vent on you, but honestly I have been here almost a year and I have had maybe 3 irate customers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that at the end of the day I am going to go home and I'm not going to be exhausted from running all over to help customers.
call center feel
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAMay 30, 2015
The job started with working with the company and turned into working in a call center. some of the requirements that you had to meet kept changing on a weekly and daily basis
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
the schedule is given out on a 2 week basis unable to plan ahead
Great co-workers
Project Manager/ Senior Business (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORMay 26, 2015
Employees dedicated to the clients. Management considers employees as commodity. Co-workers are top notch professionals.
Pros
Great client relationships
Cons
Management does not care about employees
Productive and fun
Coop (Operational Data Analyst) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 5, 2015
It is a great company to grow and learn more in the healthcare industry. It was great collaborating with various departments.
this was a contract position and there is very little job security.
Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 14, 2015
No fault of the company, but working as a consultant has very little job security.

There very little contact with Vertex. Most of the contact was with the client at their site. I've never worked for a client that treated me as anything other than an employee. I've never run into a bad client.
Pros
Workking as a consultant pays well and the applications change with a change in client. \
Cons
Very little security.
No consideration for emlpoyees
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 13, 2015
This place is like prison but with pay, you are forced to work all day because they mandate ot last minute, they have no cares for your personal life, funerals, sickness, car accident, they will write you up for missing a day even if you have an excuse note or I had a death in the family and they gave me a write up and a suck it up speech, I knw attendance is important but being human life happens, this is not a place you want to settle down at, dont let the pay fool you!!!!
Pros
ok pay
Cons
not flexible, no employee support, horrible training and management, unprofessional senior managment
ok place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, PADecember 27, 2014
I learned a lot, I will never go back. You will never get anywhere. The never give raises. They like to treat you like you are in a daycare with all the games and prized that you never get to win unless you are one of the same people who can hit targets that only very few can.
Good Company to work for
Customer Service Team Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEOctober 11, 2014
Vertex is a family orient work place. Great people. Always wanted to come to work.
Pros
windows to advance
Cons
could not transfer from ne office to tx office
A great fun traveling to these sites
Regional Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IASeptember 2, 2014
Ask if there are any new subjects
Ask if there has been any AE or SAE
Do my source document verification
Go through the regulationary binder
Perfrom drug accountability
And lastly, meet the PI and Research Coordinator to discuss my findings.
Pros
love doing the assigned task
Cons
a little bit frustrated when some sites are far behind schedule
Good pay
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 30, 2014
This company provided a lot over time with a lot of incentives.
Pros
incentices
Cons
too far from home
Friendly environment
Desktop Support - Contractor, Experis (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, PAJuly 14, 2014
Enjoyed working at Vertex. People were great, and environment was fun and friendly.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
non
Good place to work until layoff
Draftsman/Designer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 14, 2014
I liked working for the company, it was a great place to work with challenging job assignments.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
layoff