Vertex

Vertex Employer Reviews

A great fun traveling to these sites
Regional Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee), Coralville, IASeptember 2, 2014
Pros: love doing the assigned task
Cons: a little bit frustrated when some sites are far behind schedule
Ask if there are any new subjects
Ask if there has been any AE or SAE
Do my source document verification
Go through the regulationary binder
Perfrom drug accountability
And lastly, meet the PI and Research Coordinator to discuss my findings.
GOOD PAY
Administration Assistant (Former Employee), TexasJuly 30, 2014
Pros: incentices
Cons: too far from home
This company provided a lot over time with a lot of incentives.
Friendly environment
Desktop Support - Contractor, Experis (Former Employee), Smithfield, PAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: non
Enjoyed working at Vertex. People were great, and environment was fun and friendly.
Good place to work until layoff
Draftsman/Designer (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 14, 2014
Pros: teamwork
Cons: layoff
I liked working for the company, it was a great place to work with challenging job assignments.
The staff was very courteous i only dealt with them sparcely being that i worked in Fresh Direct, Other than minor glitchs im greatful.
Picker (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 16, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: missing pay on checks and communication with vertex
I arrived at fresh direct on my shifts on time and prepared. I dealt with the managers there often so I considered them my managers and I was blessed enough to receive a recommendation from a manager who later on moved on to a different job. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with being that they were Spanish I started to learn Spanish – more... to join the culture. – less
I enjoyed working with the team.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 5, 2014
On an average day we would assist callers with questions about their gas bill and set up arrangements if needed. The company was based out of Georgia so there are different plans customers may be elgible for based off of their credit. We would discuss these plan options with the customers. We processed payments for their bills and checked their gas – more... consumption for accuracy.

I learned Georgia's way of distributing their gas.

I worked with a great team. We helped each other through difficult work related issues to better assist the customers.

The hardest part of the job was having to deal with emotional people who simply couldn't afford the gas during the colder months.

I enjoyed working with the team. They taught me a lot in a short period of time. – less
Great job place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 27, 2014
Pros: free pizza or other lunch bought by manager
Cons: more flexibility with schedule
Needed more flexibility with schedule.
Benefits were a bit on high side
Hourly wage could be higher to start

Some Customers would be rude when they heard the deposit amount
I learned to mutli-task with several software
Co-workers were polite
Hardest part of job was telling a customer they were not eligible to receive gas from this company.

Pitch-ins – more... were the most enjoyable time I had there – less
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Smithfield, PAApril 10, 2014
Pros: pay, overtime, close to home
Cons: management
Enjoyed my day answering the phones and helping customers with their questions and problems. Problems when Columbia Gas outsources to Vertex, an English Call Center company. Their management skills were about # not people.
Busy work atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Smithfield, PAFebruary 23, 2014
Taking customer phone calls to place new connections or disconnections. Reviewing customer's billing inquiries.
working with bleach can be sickning
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Dupo, ILFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: good hr. brakes
Cons: short breaks
I have learned to work in a quick pace with good team workers. The hardest part is trying to get a open job available. The enjoyable part of working is the exciting feeling of working and knowing your going to get paid garenteed.
I enjoyed the work environment during the time I worked here.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Smithfield, PAJanuary 14, 2014
A typical day at this job was taking phone calls all day, and answering any/all of the customer questions regarding their billing. Also scheduled appointments for new services or disconnection of services. All of my co-workers were very easy to get along with and outgoing.
Was ok to work for
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Scottsbluff, NEJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: got 4 12 hr shifts
Cons: to far out to go into town for lunch
Answered phones. loved my co-workers. The hardest part was dealing with people who were upset and yelling, swearing etc...
Great Place to work, exciting and fulfilling
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Smithfield, PAJanuary 1, 2014
Everyone is courteous and uplifting. A typical day consists of taking calls, answering questions, placing orders, billings, payment processing etc. Management has an open door to any issues or concerns.
cable bill collector
Field Collecting/ Regional Manager (Former Employee), Berlin, CTOctober 23, 2013
Pros: work at you own pace
Cons: working from sun up to sun down now benefits or social stability
you had to use your own vehicle daily potting in over 200 miles a day compensation would only cover half of weekly expences
Friendly enviroment
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Mogadore, OHOctober 11, 2013
I loved working there. A very friendly environment. Would still be there if it didn't get slow during the winter months.
Young commercial organization
Therapeutic Specialist (Former Employee), Puerto Rico and the US Virgin IslandsJuly 31, 2013
Vertex is an organization with over 20 years experience in research but a very yourng commercial operation. Interesting pipeline.

The most enjoyable part of the job was customer contact and dealing with the challenges of launching this product in a new class, changing treatment paradigms. Excellent direct manager and coworkers, a pleasure to work with – more... them. – less
travel a plus
Field Technician (Former Employee), Longview, TXJuly 22, 2013
learned how to install all parts to a large scale antenna wire the dish and test. learned how to drive and operate a crane use and adjust panels with a theotolite
Productive , public interactions
Columbia Gas, Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Fairchance, PAJune 3, 2013
Pros: good insurance
Cons: not enough pay out
I love my job and company all around just looking for a bigger and better career to advance myself!
Customer Service
Call Representative (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAMay 16, 2013
A typical day would include answering the phones and handling customer accounts. Taking payment over the phone.
Vertex Incorporated New Britain Connecticut
Business Analyst (Current Employee), New Britain, ConnecticutApril 26, 2013
Pros: employee-centered
The most competent, experienced, and knowledgeable professionals in the insurance and financial industries can be found at VERTEX.

Established in September, 1991 we are an employee-based firm and remain privately owned and operated. We are unrivaled in our longevity, depth of knowledge and experience, corporate resume and performance history.

Our – more... headquarters is located in New Britain, CT which is just outside of Hartford. Many, but not all, of our people are located in CT and we staff projects domestically and globally based on our clients’ needs.

Unlike our competitors, most of our employees have spent their careers working for and with the top insurance carriers, distributors and solution providers within the life, health, annuity, property casualty and reinsurance industries. Because of this, we have authentic, concrete experience working for and with these industry-leaders in every management, business, administrative and technology role. We understand the needs and challenges of our clients because of this.

VERTEX empowers our staff to utilize the knowledge and experience possessed within our organization – our access to resources and information spans our corporate resume.

We are known throughout the insurance industry as:

Trusted Partners
Experienced, Responsive and Creative SMEs
Advisors, Educators & Strategists
Managers & Implementers
Our credentials include:

Our clients and partners:
The majority of the leading life insurance and annuity carriers
All of the solution providers working in the life and annuity “straight through processing space” and those offering policy administration and peripheral solutions.
Leading industry associations and utilities such as IRI, ACORD and DTCC.
Extensive experience in multiple commercially available software and services offerings.
CSC: Vantage, NBU, RPS, Cyberlife, wmA, DSS, Performance Plus, PolicyLink, The Leverage Systems (TLS)
Oracle: AdminServer/Oracle Insurance Policy Administration
Adminovate, FAST, InsPro, Sapiens/FIS Software (ALIS)
Andesa AFAS
LifePro, LifeComm, CAPS, LifeCad, Sungard OMNI, Ingenium, Life/70, Perot Systems and others.
BPO providers: CSC, DST Insurance Solutions, TAG (Dell/Perot) and se2.
Industry accreditations such as FLMI, CLU, ChFC, HCA, HIAA, ACE, PMP, and Six Sigma
Our technical experience involves:
Mainframe and client server
Legacy and modern technology such as COBOL, .NET, Java, C#
Data warehousing and enterprise reporting
Interfaces, enterprise data management and movement, service-oriented architecture
An employee average of more than 15 years of experience in the financial and insurance industry
Extensive experience with process re-engineering, system development, data conversions & migrations, strategic and tactical management. – less

1 2 3