Vertical Screen, Inc. Employee Reviews

Vertical Screen is a great place to work!
Human Resources Researcher (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PADecember 12, 2017
I see a lot of mixed reviews about Vertical Screen and I haven't been able to figure out where the negative reviews come from. You know exactly what it is going in, they don't sugar coat it. If you're starting as a researcher you are told that it's production based and you are expected to reach a quota every day with minimal errors. It can be somewhat intense. There is no down time at all. But it is a good job and I have the best managers. It can be a bit frustrating and draining some days but it's not that difficult to reach the expectations that are set for you. Over your first few months of service there is a gradual increase in their expectations of you that pretty much coincides with the natural flow of how fast and accurate you become with as you become more comfortable with the job.

The benefits are amazing. You don't see many employers paying for benefits anymore and the employee's health insurance is paid for by Vertical Screen. If you want to add family members, it's a small fee per pay period. And it's GREAT insurance.

Managers/supervisors are always willing to accommodate needs for schedule changes (come in early to leave early) so as to not use PTO time.

Vertical Screen is a great place to work! Don't listen to the negatives! Decide for yourself. The negative reviews scared me so much they almost kept me from accepting a position. I'm so glad I didn't listen.
Pros
Helpful managers and supervisors, great benefits, snacks and lunches provided occasionally
Cons
Short lunch, no down time
Competitive
HR Researcher (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PANovember 28, 2017
Great place for all the entry level employees. Micro managed environment. Lots of career advancement within the company. Culture is very much micro managed.
Culture is enouraging for someone who wants to learn and grow.
IT Help Desk analyst (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PANovember 15, 2017
The culture at Vertical Screen was one of encouragement to someone who wanted to learn and advance in their career. I did apply for and was given an opportunity to advance in my career. Unfortunately, health issues entered my life and disrupted my ability to work. This eventually caused the termination of my employment with Vertical Screen. I, however, have nothing but good things to say about any manager I worked under or the human resources department there. I would work there again, if given the opportunity to do so.
Pros
I won free tickets to a Flyers game. I got to leave work early and go to a free game.
Cons
Work is work, and life is life. If you keep the 2 separated it all works out.
Productive and simple job.
Public Records Researcher (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PANovember 5, 2017
A typical day consists of working on assigned cases and meeting production numbers on an hourly basis. I learned about the National Criminal Database system and public records. Management is responsive and provides adequate training. Workplace culture is casual and efficient.
job description
Public Records Researcher / Background Screener (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAOctober 8, 2017
I enjoyed the work I did, doing background checks and screenings. It was all very interesting. But the commute got to be to long for me and the work environment was too quiet for me.
Lack of advancement
Public Records Researcher (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PASeptember 30, 2017
I enjoy my work here but it gets very stressful. You are expected to be trained in a lot of new things with no raise. Management is stressed due to higher ups expecting more than they should. Hours are standard 8 hour shifts with unlimited overtime but getting a shift change is a struggle. They also have job openings within the company when you hit 6 months with the company but they always want someone with more time. Or people who are in with everyone else. Overall I feel as if you cannot really grow here, they want you to give give give but I feel as if they are not really willing to give to their employees. They have a extremely high turnover rate which is frustrating, they seem to be focused on filling chairs instead of keeping the chairs full with quality individuals.
Pros
Free lunches and snacks once in a while
Cons
Stressed management, poor pay, high turnover rate
Na
Employee (Current Employee) –  NJSeptember 20, 2017
This a a company to work for, nice workers staff pleasant, it's a job, location, environment, people, employees, computers, phones, fax, production, large, location
Stay in a research department
* Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAAugust 27, 2017
The more you move up, the more you get the short end of the stick. The department I started in was awesome. The call center service department I am in now is the worst. Hence, why I am on here looking for a new job.
Unhealthy work environment which does not promote any movement.
Human Resources Researcher (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAAugust 21, 2017
Unhealthy work environment which does not promote any movement. Management is unfair and plays favorites. You never ever have off, only if it is declared a state of emergency, even then they encourage employees to come in. Hardly any opportunities for movement and the compensation is a sad joke.
Okay
Court Researcher (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 17, 2017
Good experience for those graduating or about to in criminal justice or data entry. Not very well balanced to building up a long and fulfillment in a career in this area. Incentives are there but not enough for the lack of pay..good on over time and able to kind of float your way around..
Researcher
Human Resources Researcher (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJAugust 3, 2017
As long as you do your job and care about doing it well management won't bother you. Goals are not realistic. Company culture as a whole needs to change.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Technology is not where it needs to be. Training
Great place to get your feet wet
Public Records Researcher (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAAugust 2, 2017
Data entry with public records. Simple tasks to complete/ Countless rules to follow. Trained a certain way only to have rules change within a month. Certain co-workers/supervisors helpful but favoritism does play a part
Hard Working Environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAAugust 1, 2017
Every day at work you are on the computer and some days on the phone. If you work hard and pay attention to detail you will succeed at this company. There are goals set and I try to exceed those goals every day.
Productive and fun workplace
Background Records Researcher (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAJuly 31, 2017
Productive and fun workplace, great bosses and employees, great management. Learned a lot, enjoyed working on the computer it was pretty easy programs to learn.
Very stressful place to work
Occupational Health Researcher (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAJuly 27, 2017
The job is not kid friendly. If you have kids there may be times when the day cares are closed and this company will give you a hard time about taking off from work without having a sitter for your child. The company is also micro managed so they watch your EVERY move.
Pros
Incentives and free lunches
Cons
Short breaks, micro managed, Expensive benefits
This is a good place to work.
Human Resources Researcher (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAJuly 22, 2017
The hours are steady. Monday thru Friday 9-5 but they do have different shifts available. The only thing I don't like about them is the indirect Comments made by some of the coordinators. But it's an overall fun job. No one watching over you like a hawk.
Pros
They now have lunch trucks come to the main building every Friday.
Cons
The trucks don't come to the other building and lunch is only a half hour
Difficult daily goals
Human Resources Researcher Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Warminster, PAJune 26, 2017
Management held employees to almost impossible goals on a daily basis. Many employees were under high stress due to these expectations. It was a difficult environment under which to work.
Pros
Overtime possibilities
Cons
Too much micromanagement
Not the best
Public Records Researcher (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMay 21, 2017
the work is easy and the pay is mediocre. The staff is childish and a lot of people wear pajamas or just look dirty. You will be treated like a child and expected to work constant overtime. If you do make a mistake you get scolded via email with all of management copied on it.
Pros
Unlimited overtime and benefits
Cons
Terrible work environment
Good job
Background investigator (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJApril 28, 2017
A typical desk job, very little sunlight and at a desk for 8 hours a day. Has a casual dress code which is nice. The pay is decent, offers unlimited overtime though which helps. They have an office in South Jersey and in Pennsylvania.
bs
HUMAN RESOURCES RESEARCHER (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJApril 26, 2017
horrible company they make things seem sweet at first then you realize 12.00 isn't money they take it all in taxes and benefits only bring home 750/800 after taxes
Pros
job title looks good resume
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vertical Screen, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8