Vertical Systems is an independent software development company that provides outsourced custom software development and software solutions to clients in the Manufacturing/Distribution and Healthcare industries. Vertical Systems has been in business since 1982 and has a strong history of delivering innovative mobile and enterprise class business-to-business software solutions. Our team works on exciting and challenging projects in a fun, supportive, and collaborative environment.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual that will be involved in the full range of activities and responsibilities within the software development lifecycle from concept to implementation support.
- Technical sales support – Assist the practice lead and business development staff in a technical capacity to secure new clients and additional work from existing clients.
- Requirements definition – As many projects lack sufficient project requirements. Work with clients to identify and document requirements in sufficient detail to support a proper scope and specification.
- Project scope – Work collaboratively with clients and internal development team to identify and document a solution to meet the project requirements and fits within the project budget.
- Software architect – Design the overall software technical architecture for all aspects of the software solution and integration with required hardware components. Multi-tier applications often include database, server/services, PC UI, web UI, mobile UI, barcode, RFID, and other technologies.
- Prototype development – Identify and document project risks, and where appropriate, conduct prototypes to reduce development scope and cost risk.
- Software development - Develop state-of-the-art multiple tier applications including server, web, PC, and mobile applications (ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#.NET, SQL Server, Web Services, HTML5, .NET Compact Framework)
- Perform unit and system testing on all software developed including integrated components
- Implement solutions within client environments (usually through Remote Access)
- Primary responsibility for project completion (time and budget)
- Weekly progress reporting of active projects directly with Client point of contact and internal
- Support implemented applications, primarily during business hours
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field experience required
- 5 or more years of experience in Microsoft .Net technologies (ASP, VB and/or C#)
- 5 or more years of experience with relational databases (SQL)
- Strong skills in Object Oriented design and development
- Ability to think logically, communicate clearly, and be well organized
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team environment