Vesta Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Former Employee, NJ
Rather Not Say (Former Employee) –  NJMay 26, 2016
VESTA is a horrible company to work for. It starts out ok, but they don't train you and the upper management has nothing positive to ever say. You are pushed to meet impossible deadlines, you will be physically and mentally drained from all of the stress. It's an extremely understaffed company, whichever site you work at. They do not provide security protection for their employees and most of the time, you have to listen to your coworkers talk bad about you. They don't care if you have families and of there's a big audit, ex. OHFA or REAC, you'll be expected to get everything done in an unreasonable of time. The turnover rate is unbelievable and they don't like employees who know their EOE, OSHA, or Human Rights. They don't keep up with their facilities and I was so sick my doctors asked where I worked because I kept coming in with the same symptoms. Chest problems, congestion, pneumonia. if you ave to take sick time, upon returning, you'll be expected to make up the work in 5 minutes.They will not appreciate you going out of your way to work hard and their management is like a high school click. They have no idea on how to micro-manage and they do not follow the Fair Housing Laws. I even heard upper management tell properties toosto evicting people who were horrible criminals so that their occupancy percentage is higher. They are more concerned with budgets and making money than they are with their employees.
Pros
You get to meet a lot of great tenants.
Cons
Too many to write.
Hostile place to work in.
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  New London, CTFebruary 18, 2016
Manager had a horrible attitude! She talked about everyone (residents & coworkers). It's suppose to be equal housing but it's really not! She treated residents with no respect. Very passive aggressive and condescending. Very uncomfortable place to work in. If she had a bad day the whole office had to pay for it! The office revolved around her! I wouldn't recommend anyone to work there! They paint a beautiful picture when they're hiring you but once you start working you want to run away! In the New London Office they have had over 10 people walk out! Upper management does not do anything about the issues with the manager, residents are always complaining about her.
Pros
It paid the bills!
Cons
You always have to walk on egg shells!
Horrible
property manager (Former Employee) –  CTDecember 25, 2015
Don’t have any new ideas if you’re working for Vesta! Upper Management will give you a great review and then fire you because you had an idea on how to make things better. Horrible company!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
No words
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 17, 2015
There was not a great day there, you job was base on points and only the ones they liked moved forward. It was a job to have to get the bills paid. working double shifts to balance out everything. I was greatful to have this job, but how they treated us was wrong.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Need to know who are the real workers
Not the best place to work for in my opinion !
Assistant Manager /Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 7, 2015
I learn new things at Vesta corporation. The experience to work for Vesta was ok. the environment wasn't the best to work in. management need to be improve tremendously.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great place to work until moved locations
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 28, 2015
I worked for them in downtown Portland and it was great until they moved to Tigard. After the move they started to downsize long term employees (I imagine because they spent so much on new facility) I enjoyed training new employee classes (as much as 40 new employees a week) I stopped finding it enjoyable when I internally found out the high turnover was so they never had to pay benefits.
Pros
Busy environment
Cons
Immoral upper management tactics
Productive and well balanced job
Operating Processing Agent (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 29, 2015
I learned how to multi-task and handle customers that were difficult. My co-workers and managers were very encouraging, so that we could meet all of the guidelines.
Pros
Always working, pick up extra hours, fast-paced
Cons
Low pay
Good company for advancement
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  New London, CTMay 27, 2015
Vesta is a property management company with multiple properties throughout the US. With a good portion of their properties being low income housing, I can honestly say that there is never a slow work flow. They have good benefits and the opportunities for advancement are there if property management is the career you are looking for.
Not Recommended AT ALL!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 22, 2015
Corporate office based in CT has extreme micromanaging style and unreal views of typical day to day responsibilities of on-site management team in extremely troubled and disadvantaged communities. Underpays employees working in extremely high crime areas, while overworking them. Most staff are uncertain of their future with the company on a day to day basis. Extremely high employee turnover rate. Site offices are turned over to new Managers in distress with the expectation of creating miracles. Company is one sided (which, is whatever there side in a situation would be) and seems to be only interested in providing quantity amounts of revenue for the company instead of really improving the quality of Affordable Housing in their geographical markets.
Cons
Benefit Rates High, Low Pay, Low Job Security
Production
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 4, 2015
Vesta is really a great place to work. It's a place where you can learn a lot about a call center and grow if you have never worked in one before. Management and my co-workers at Vesta is awesome. We all work as a team and provide a well rounded working environment.
Co-workers always willing to help each other
Food Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 28, 2015
Able to work with the children daily
Learned to understand the needs of other mothers with children
Management was always help
Co-workers willing to listen and help
The hardest part was to see the children leave
The most in enjoyable part when the children came in each day with a smile on their face.
Nice place
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 10, 2015
I learn about the apartment industry. something i didnt know nothing about.
I enjoyed helping my residents.
i took rental payment.
Input payments in the database
Answer calls and take messages.
Customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 7, 2015
customer service work the hardest part was limited weekends
Horrible!!!! Did I emphasise horrible
OPA (Current Employee) –  AtlantaSeptember 13, 2014
This place is absolutely the equivalent to modern day slavery. If you are Looking for fun.? Hmmm
Truth is the pay is $9/hour nothing extra for holidays.There is NO BONUS. I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU ARE TOLD!!! Auto refill brings Nothing. .unless All that you are measured on is 100% All the time attendance adherence aux in/out breaks and system down time. This place is also a Health Risk. Several employees have unexplained coughing and chest problems. Over 40 or close to it You Will be scheduled for All weekends. Now let's revisit the fun..night shift drinking ,day shift employee affairs. ReallY! You can hear the office manager and the male supervisors"rating the women. this is actually a temp job 1 year contract through express professional Vesta allows the supervisors(paid Vesta employees that make copies thus killing trees and babysit and clown around All day. to harass the employees. Not me personally. .ok I was tried but I have seen it done .Many times. Because of the high turnover Vesta does Not promote a positive work environment. The business decisions support the fact that they do Not care about the People that work there. Unfortunately VESTA is able to operate under the radar because technically you are employed by the temp service.
note Don't have your cell phone with you. Especially on the night shift.The night supervisor Will go through your phone and then Fire you. Save face if caught leave..you don't know what they are doing with your phone and who they are sending Your personal pictures to. Even though you will see the supervisors, cleaning people and corporate employees
  more... on the internet, on the phone and playing with their phone all day.  less
Pros
it's work.inside and legal
Cons
they are still in business.no concern for the employees that work for the temp service% 93
Productive and great work place
PROPERTY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 9, 2014
Implement policies, procedures, and processes at distressed property in order to successfully control vacancy and increase property profitability; Manage and direct the property's marketing, print and internet advertising, sales activities, leasing team members, and other resources to achieve desired occupancy; Create team members leasing goals and objectives; Oversee on-site traffic; Work closely with maintenance to ensure an appropriate inventory of "ready" apartments exists; Handle all contractor scheduling for property; Create rent pricing and concessions; Monitor day-to-day sales and leasing activities; Actively participate in the leasing process by generating and monitoring traffic; Qualify prospects; Prepare lease documentation; Approve all lease files in accordance with established policies and procedures prior to move-in; Able to increase occupancy by 5% within 5 weeks of start.
Pros
working with a great staff
Cons
company closed
Not a good place to start
Payment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 6, 2014
Vesta is a company for young adults getting their feet in the door and gaining some experience. I wouldn't advise anyone to stay longer than 2 years and that maybe too long. There are no benefits really because the benefits you pay for you can get somewhere else for less money, it's just not worth it. Production supervisor is the highest level to achieve and the pay that you will make there is much less than you can make anywhere. Starting pay @ 9.00 an hour is minimum wage compared to most call centers and being promoted to escalations is a joke; the stress there is not worth a 1.00 raise. If I had the chance to do it again I would not start at Vesta try other call centers for a better start and better pay.
Great people to work with, low benifits quick advancement
Revenue Assurance Lead (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORFebruary 3, 2014
Very fast paced
learned some managerial skills
friendly coworkers/managers
Pros
schedule flexablity, quick advancement
Cons
low compensation
Vesta has been a place like no other I’ve ever work for.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  AtlJanuary 31, 2014
This is yet the most giving, enjoyable, and fun place to work. I have learn alot here.Vesta is really the eaziest place I have ever work. You really just have to be an air head not to get it. In fact the hardest thing about Vesta is choosing a place to sit. You really don't want to sit next to a person who is miserable all the time and unahappy with their own situation. You want positive people surrounding you, makes the time go by smoothier .One thing about working in a call center you have to be a people person ......The most enjoyable part of the job is the Supervisors they are a team within. A truly AWSOME bunch helpful, pleasant and willing to dive right in. They love enter acting with the employees and love watching them develope, grow, and move up. Oh did i also mention they only promote from within....
Pros
vesta is fun laid back and unlike any other call center. they care about their employees....
Cons
like any other call center job (1) need better benifits to expensive (2) need better pay
Better hang on; it's gonna get rough...
Payment Processing Agent (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORJanuary 24, 2014
While the management team was awesome to offer support... their goals seemed... a bit far fetched. They wanted your AHT, or Average Handle Time, [at the time I was there] to be 155 seconds a call. While on a perfect call, it's easy to get that time, but, there's gonna be most of the calls where the customer doesn't have their card on them, not sure what information we need to process payment... and check, oh dear... See, most of the customers wanna pay by check, mainly the elderly, and they just started up their accounts; all new checks only allow a maximum of $10, and the check has to clear before they can finish paying the rest of their bill. So, explaining that to a customer can add seconds quick, and the next thing ya know, it's 200 seconds, and counting, and you have yet to take a full payment... I am sure you are visualizing the 'fun' parts now.

Again, I have to stress, management is awesome there, they trainers, your manager, everyone. They really look out for you. But, if ya dun hit that goal, even if your quality is %100, they will insist that the AHT is fixed. ..what happened to customer support?
Pros
excellent training, support when you need it.
Cons
poor pay, seemingly no care for customer care; just milk 'em, and move 'em out.
Vesta
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 14, 2013
I loved this job I was a bill collector and Fraud investigator for this company and I made decent money. They work environment was fun and energetic.