VetCor Employee Reviews

Very unprofessional work environment
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  New Paltz, NYJanuary 6, 2017
The hospitals that vetcor chooses to support and/or fund are in ruins for a reason. The one that I worked for was horrible. They don't have proper equipment for surgery, radiographs, dental prophylaxis, etc. This company is always ready to treat you like you are inferior and disposable. I would never recommended the hospital I worked for or the company that runs them to anyone.

All in all...you will be overworked and underpaid.
So if you're okay with that, have at it. But I recommend finding a more mature, professional and stable environment to work.
Pros
Cons
Burnout, inadequate compensation, unprofessional coworkers
Unprofessional work environment, little compensation, no loyalty
Vet Technician (Former Employee) –  Souderton, PADecember 29, 2016
Not the best company to work for especially if trying to advance/better yourself personally or professionally. Was like working with teenaged middle-schoolers with all the drama. Little organization when it came to maintaining medication, schedules, and patients. Spent more money on the gas to get to work then was paid. Training (what training?) was also a joke little to none, then constantly "talked to" about my performance after asking many times for direction. Would not recommend working for this company. Sad to say because I love the actual job, the company, people, and clinic made me hate it.
Cons
Little pay, unprofessional work place, no opportunity for advancement or growth
VetCor is a different kind of veterinary corporation
Veterinarian (Current Employee) –  Earlysville, VAJanuary 7, 2017
VetCor's goal is to give veterinary practices business support - they provide the accounting, legal, marketing departments, negotiate with vendors and laboratories for best pricing, provide payroll and benefits.
Each veterinary practice that joins VetCor continues to set its own protocols, choose the products they want to use, and make all medical decisions.
VetCor supports veterinarians and veterinary staff in providing excellent service to clients and pets.
For employees - VetCor offers competitive salaries and benefits including medical and dental insurance, 401 (k), and continuing education. For employees that want to advance, there are corporate positions available as well.
Pros
Great support, good work environment
Cons
I really don't have any cons.
Beware of empty promises!
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 9, 2016
I worked here for a little over 5 years. I made less than new hires without certification. No matter how much you ask to be moved up whether it be into surgery or management they just shrug it off. In the 5 years I worked I got one raise and again made less as a CVT than new hires. They will just keep piling on responsibilities without giving you adequate pay and management is just as bad! The chief of staff would talk behind my back and stir up drama amongst coworkers. When I finally decided to resign by doing it the proper way, I was treated poorly and like an outcast. 5 years and I will not be able to use them as a reference.

When contacting corporate about the problems I was having with both the hospital manager and chief of staff nothing was done.

ENTER AT OWN RISK
Pros
Discounts for pets
Cons
Everything else!
Worst company and people to work for
Kennel Attendant/Receptionist/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wexford, PADecember 18, 2016
This company is ridiculous. They hire people who don't know what they're doing, at a higher rate than people who have been working and busting their butts for years. For dealing with the difficult clients that we do and the kind of care we give our pets who board, employee compensation isn't worth it. Terrible wages,and the facilities manager and chief of staff don't care about the employees. If I could give Vetcor zero stars, I would. They say they recognize and compensate their employees for their hard work, but that's a blatant lie. They don't care to improve the workplace for their employees, and a job that was once very enjoyable has become a job run by money-hungry, incompetent, and generally unpleasant people. All they care about is money, yet they can't manage to compensate their employees fairly for all the hard work they put into taking care of the animals.
Money, Money, Money
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 17, 2016
All this company cares about is making money. They do not care about pets, clients or pet's health. They raise prices very often and do not care if clients no longer come to the practice because they can't afford it. Benefits? None. Very cliquy. Company protocol for pay, raises, bonuses, vacation, pto is not the same for all employees. Favoritism ranks high. No raises, bonuses or basic holiday parties. Very sad place to work. Most employees are not appreciated at all. No lunch or breaks, no matter how many hours a day you have worked.
Pros
none that I can think of
Cons
some are listed above
Work here at your own risk
Technician (Current Employee) –  Hingham, MAMarch 5, 2016
I've worked for vetcor over 5 years now, in that time I've received about 4 raises each time mere cents. They promise you one thing and never pull through. The company only backs up their awful management and doesn't take complaints seriously. I enjoy the team I work with although it feels like a high school most days. I know I could start out somewhere new making at least $3 more an hour than i do here. They overwork the techs- overtime every week and then detract your overtime pay from the bonus you should be getting quarterly (but don't because everyone is working too much and they won't let you hire any new people because all they care about is money) On the bright side- the doctors overall practice good medicine and seem to really care about the animals and the owners limits.
Pros
Paid time off- barely
Cons
Hours, pay, management, disrespect
Project Coordinator/Estimator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 1, 2016
Very busy atmosphere but fun. It is a emergency mitigation company and sometimes that could e very busy at times. All the Co-workers are family, including the CEO. The hardest part of the job is satisfying the insurance carriers software requirements.
Worked at the Oyster Bay Animal Hospital...
Vet Tech (Former Employee) –  Oyster BayOctober 12, 2015
Loved my co-workers and the manager was great.

Unfortunately the doctor was too old to remember important things, was forgetful and was very rude to myself and others.

No room for advancement in this particular hospital.

Myself and others feared getting fired and let go.

Did laundry, cleaned cages, assisted with gathering things, walked animals.

Manager was very understanding of workers disabilities and always worked well with us.
Pros
Pay was OK
Cons
Worked holidays, always feared getting fired
Horrible Corporation
medical receptionist (Former Employee) –  Millburn, NJApril 20, 2015
All they care about is money. I was working at a veterinary hospital for over 13 years. Then they were bought by Vetcor. I was told on a Friday it was my last day (they eliminated my position). No notice, no severance and no notice. The manager they hired - all she did was put down the practice. It was an excellent and well known practice.
Pros
Cons
No money, no bonuses, no holiday parties, no respect
Like working in high school
accounting (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MANovember 16, 2015
People there were not very nice, training, HA!! They say work/life balance that is a joke. Medical and dental benefits are awful.
Pros
Cons
Benefits, vacation, pay, people
unprofessional in dealing with applications
veterinary technician (Former Employee) –  WisconsinSeptember 17, 2014
I was currently working as a tech at one clinic. When a management job came up at another clinic under VETCOR that requires a bachelor degree (in which I had also along with my associates) I applied to it because I felt I was qualified and it was going to help me make more income and climb up within the company. They told the current clinic what I did (outside my working hours) and they let me go because I was looking for another job. The district manager also told me that looking at my resume ( which had 7yrs of college and 4 years of clinic experience) was a waste of time.
Poor Management, Poor Medicine, Poor Politics
Hospital Manager (Former Employee) –  NJApril 1, 2013
Dollar signs are the most important thing to this company, the overall contribution margain to the company is everything, even if that means throwing away good, quality medicine to make money. If you like selling people things they don't need, and turning your staff into sales people also, than this is for you. If you truly care about animals and thier people run! This company should be the "poster child" for Corporate America. They only want you if you can make money for them, and they don't care at what cost that may be. Don't compromise your morals to go to work for Vetcor.....I did it for way to long!!! Resigning was the best thing I ever did.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
there is not enough space!
Poor company culture - puts money first instead of optimum pet care
Veterinary Technician (Former Employee) –  ILAugust 14, 2012
I worked for Vetcor for about 4 years. This is a typical corporate philosophy veterinary company - the emphasis is on making money and increasing revenue, not on doing what's best for the pet. The veterinarians are on partial commission salaries and as techs, we are expected to add on sales whenever possible. When economic downturn occurred, prices kept raising to try to make more money, which drove almost all of our clients away! I eventually left because I wanted to give good patient care, not push for more sales even when the pet did not need it.
Pros
does offer healthcare and other benefits that small clinics do not offer.
Cons
revenue focus leaves you feeling like something is missing...
Steer clear!
former (Former Employee) –  mid-westFebruary 5, 2013
I worked for this company for about 3 years. I had a lot of dealings with the home office and they are terrible to deal with! All money, money, money. They treat their employees awful! Vacation time??? Hardly! They lump your vacation time and sick time together and still the most you can ever get is 4 weeks. I think we had 5 paid holidays a year. The number of hours you are expected to work if you are salaried is almost 60!
Collaborative and Fun place to work
HR (Current Employee) –  HinghamMarch 28, 2013
Fast-paced and enjoyable place to come to work. Offers a great work/life balance and truly believes in personal and professional growth. Co-workers are friendly and supportive.
Quality medicine, poor politics
Client Care Specialist/CVT (Former Employee) –  Verona, WiDecember 28, 2012
I worked for this hospital for many years, and I was made promise after promise of advancement that was never followed through on. Over those years, the clients seem to become just dollar signs walking through our doors. Customer service seem to go out the window. Along with being able to see and do many unique things, the pay and benefits offered are also great, but they come at a great personal cost. Employees are expected to work on projects such as community outreach outside of work hours, unpaid. I'm sorry, but I feel work life and personal life should be able to be separated without feeling like a horrible employee. Management is sneaky, they discuss issues about you with all other employees with you being last to know there's an issue. I've been in the veterinary field for 13 years and because of my experiences here, I have left the field. If you like working in a high school like atmosphere, this would definitely be the place for you.
Pros
great pay and benefits, nice coworkers for the most part
Cons
poor management/leadership, very little room for advancement, little personal time
Productive growing company in the Veterinary industry
Manager of Strategic Planning and Analysis (Current Employee) –  Hingham, MAApril 10, 2012
Productive and growing company, fast-paced, great work-life balance.
Zero teamanship
technician (Current Employee) –  chicagoAugust 19, 2014
Don't ever work for these vampires. They encourage gas lighting the staff. Human Resources is a joke!
Pros
Cons
unprofessional
LVT and CVT (Former Employee) –  North East PAJune 22, 2014
Wonderful place to work at. Love my coworkers and veterinarians. Wish there were hospitals in florida :-/