Veterans Administration Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,366 reviews matching the search
Provides a sense of self gratification while able to apply my experience in helping and providing support.
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 25, 2016
The VA Medical Center has been a very rewarding place and experience of employment to me. Assisting the Veterans and employees is an important factor. What I learned from my employment with the Atlanta VA Medical Center is, flexibility, and patience. The Veteran population can sometimes be difficult. The employees assigned to my area are very efficient in their assigned duties and responsibilities. The hardest part of my current position is knowing that resources are available, but not having the authority to provide the to the assigned patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is the gratification and expressions received from the Veterans.
Pros
Rewarding providing service to our Veterans and their family members.
Cons
Changes within the organization that often times results in an adverse affect on patients, and their family members, that we care for.
Ending a work day knowing the patient are safe and well.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 23, 2016
Very clean,safe, and energy driven environment with very knowledgeable coworkers.In the beginning of the day all cases have been pulled and lined up for scheduled surgeries. I would check the surgeons preference card, set up tables, get the patient ready. After surgery the room is cleaned and ready for next patient. Doing this kind of work fills my heart with joy.
Pros
consistence working and helping patients.
Cons
work day not long enough.
Great place to get clinical experience
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 21, 2016
I did a majority of my clinical hours here and learned so much! Everyone was very nice and open to helping me. I would recommend this facility to anyone looking to gain a variety of experience.
purchasing agent
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCAugust 20, 2016
Purchased durable medical equipment for veterans and gave instruction to them in accordance to VA hospital policy. Purchased and reconciled orders on a daily basis. Contracted equipment and negotiated contracts with vendors.
Pros
rewarding working for vets
Cons
workload
Rewarding Job working with he vetrains!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GA 30033August 19, 2016
I enjoyed my job! I had a chance to see what the effects of being in the military did to those who seried before me and after me. I made a lot of life long friends. A typical day in the lab was all rush until about 3pm when the crowds would slow down. My co-workers was one of the best parts of the job , we helped each other out during the day and the majority of us got along extremely well and a lot of us still remain friends long after we have stopped working there. There wasn't any hard parts to the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that I know that I was helping someone live a long live making life long friends.
Pros
There was always overtime
Cons
30 min lunches
Productive and Friendly work environment
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, AL 35233August 16, 2016
I enjoy working here. We have the opportunity to assist veterans who served in the military. I have learned a lot about the importance of teamwork and assisting the veterans is our priority. My coworkers are pleasant and we work well together. The hardest part of the job is seeing some of our terminally ill patients. The most enjoyable part would be that you helped a veteran to get the quality care that they need.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Productive, dedicated, knowledgeable, professional
Care Coordinator/Case Manager/Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 15, 2016
Ideal hospital to work because of modern and up to date ideas, opinions, work ethics and equipment. Enjoy the cooperation of the staff and other departments. Management needs more improvement and training.
Pros
Veterans and their families gratitude
Cons
Often not enough scheduled nursing staff per units
va
certified caregiver (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 14, 2016
the place great,good service,always on time,free training they relly do help u,anything I ever did need they actually help me one on one.they are not like most places,very stuck up and mean,they are very warm and caring .you can tell they really care about the patients
Pros
good dervicer
Cons
they never call you basck
Very good pay, if you are not an Artist
Student Internship (Current Employee) –  Martinez, CAAugust 9, 2016
I been interning here for the past two years, and having a hard time finding a job that fits my background. I am on my last month right now, and as an artist this does not fit me. If you are into administrative work, good pay, and would love to help the veterans, this is the job for you.
Pros
Very flexable hours, good pay, friendly people
Cons
Not a job market for an Artist. Very hard to get in.
i dont like it
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZAugust 8, 2016
it was not a good experance working there alot of people stopeing on toes to get higher poition and it was to negitive
I love my job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 8, 2016
I love working for Veterans. I have job security. I can balance my work and my family life. I am not happy about some cultures that needs to be change other wise I love working for VA. I love working for Veterans because they are the best patient.
VA Experience
Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 8, 2016
I have spend the last 8 years working for the VA in different roles. I have learned so much over the years. My current positions allows me to support and guild VA facilities into a culture of process improvement. I definitely love my position at the VA.
Pros
Great Experience
Cons
Very Beurocratic
Great advancement opportunities.
Budget Technician (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 2, 2016
It is a great place to work and I love working here. It's has great advancement opportunities. I have been promoted twice in the 9 years I have been working here.
volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 1, 2016
I love the staff I work with. There is a new adventure everyday. The most enjoyable part about working there is the appreciation i get for the help I provide the staff and veterans.
Very good learning experience
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 31, 2016
Atypical work day consisted of filing and reporting HR records. i learned many skill by working for different managers in the hospital. every one was friendly and helpful from the manager to my collages. The hardest part of the job was the amount of walking to had to do but the best part was the experience i really enjoyed working for the veterans.
Pros
training, people, job
Rewarding to give back to our Veterans
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38104July 29, 2016
Wonderful experience to give back to our veterans, those who fought so hard to protect our freedom. It is a pleasure each day to go to work and see the smiles on the veterans faces, to see their appreciation for us, and to feel the appreciation that we have and show for them.
I Love the Veteran's Administration and the VA Hospital
Administrative Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 20, 2016
This organization is dear to me and I consider it a great and wonderful organization for what it means to me as a veteran. I believe it continues to provide a level of pride and passion for myself and other veterans. It is my honor to work for other veterans. It is my joy to work with the VA hospital, co-workers, and managers with the same passion I share.
Pros
Great client base who appreciates the work you do and your ability to make them feel cared for.
Cons
Attitudes from co-workers that do not belong in a place that requires dedication beyond a paycheck
customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEJuly 18, 2016
Great company to work for. They take care of their employees and the vets as well. All the clinic that they have in the hospital is amazing. Everyone is super nice and answers everyone question.
Loved serving the vets!
OB/GYN and vascular sonography (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 17, 2016
Working there made me feel good about myself as I was helping the vets who need quality medical treatment. This hospital puts the vets first. The equipment was great and there was wonderful teamwork.
Pros
Serving the vets
they have a pool table
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 16, 2016
have fun working and playing with everybody. we have plan event for the patients and for the worker. good place to start your career at.

4.3